Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Akira vs. Yuzuki this episode huh? Interesting but damn, the match felt way too fast. And wut, evolution? Still, despair is in the air for Yuzuki. Her bro is like the flagship to it.

Seriously though, I can't stand Akira with that nature of hers. Her rage was delicious though.
Apr 17, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2010
this show is giving me a hard time because of Akira. it just hurts my brain when she speaks with that voice..disgusting! i hope she is gone soon. or im gone.

3/5
Apr 17, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
Enjoyed this episode, I think this will be one of my top ones for this season.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
The episode was ok but we really need longer card battles.
Apr 17, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
1. It was so exciting to see akira peek at yuzuki's wish & mess her up in the head w/ her own wish

2. Akira has gotten scarier. Those rape faces at the end of this ep is proof of that.

3. The battles aren't fierce at all. Learning the game rules wouldn't hurt i guess

7/10
Apr 17, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2013
Akira lost it at the end there even though she won. Ruuko is getting to enjoy the battles now. Good episode.
Apr 17, 2014 1:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Battles begin. Akira vs. Yuzuki and Hitoe vs. Ruuko

-- "...your wish is nothing to be ashamed of!"
Seems like Hanayo supports that incestuous relationship..
Akira tormenting Yuzuki just by saying "I-N-C-E..." was too funny. XD

Oh, Tama evolved after winning, and she speaks now.
I want to see her battle Akira next.

Kazuki wants to make Yuzuki's wish come true.. XD
He's just probably dense.

New character introduced; Iona Urasoe, another model and another Selector.
Oh, her card seems particularly strong!

Good episode.

Apr 17, 2014 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
The game seem so simple it and MC is all getting excited and evolve tama.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
I'm glad Piruluk didn't give into Akira's demands at the end, her frustration was enjoyable to watch. I wonder if Kazuki would still strive to make Yuzuki's wish come true if he knew what it was.
Apr 17, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 2012
This show is painfully boring

lets see...Ruuko is supposed to be this blank slate with no wishes but it still doesn't change the fact that there is nothing special about her character. It's possible they'll have some development for her pretty soon, but for me 3 episodes is a long time for me to try and care about, basically, a nobody.

Hitoe is your typical shy megane girl, akira is a 2-dimensional jealous bitch, and Yuzuki loves her brother because he is..."nice"
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I have a feeling Iona is going to be the stoic girl in the show, with a more serious wish that she's striving for.

I think a big problem with the way the story is being told is that while the battles take up quite a chunk of time per episode, nothing interesting is really conveyed during battle. I honestly didn't need to see Akira battle twice only to see her basically do the same thing to two different people.
Apr 17, 2014 1:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol I knew Akira's card wouldn't mind if Akira tore her apart. She knows that Akira doesn't have whatever it is to become the Eternal Girl. Especially not with that atrocious attitude/personality of hers...it just doesn't fit the title "Eternal Girl", whatever that really means.

Yuzuki is also...a very angry person. So much anger it's hurting my brain, especially listening to all this shouting and yelling. I quite enjoyed Ruuko and Hitoe's battle though. Still not sure why Tama is the only speaking impaired LRIG card, though it seems maybe she just learned to speak? Chaika's speech is pretty choppy, but at least she doesn't only squeal and shout battle.
Apr 17, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2012
So Hanayo thinks Yuzuki's wish is noting to be ashamed of... though her wish may cause hardships for her brother too...
And she should just acknowledge that it's incest...

and here another psycho card ^^'
Apr 17, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
That was a good episode, actually much more better than the previous episode.

Akira needs to shut up when playing WIXOSS in battle, gets really irritating when she is showing off in front of her opponents.

I guess Hitoe just wants some friends and she lost her confidence when battling against other opponents for her wish. So the way to evolve your WIXOSS is the power of friendship to make it more powerful huh.

I felt Yuzuki's conflict, is not that appealing to me, but I guess I'll see how the story goes for her.

Yeah I felt the card battles was too fast, and it could have been a lot longer.

Damn Akira just needs to chill out for her WIXOSS to evolve. So new selected users, are coming, they both looked scary.

Apr 17, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2011
It felt good seeing Akira so butthurt so of course I like Iona already.

I don't mean to sound like a sap but I kinda teared up after MC and Hitoe's battle, friendship GET!
[center]
Apr 17, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2010
This show still has a lot of potential, but it hasn't really tapped into it yet. I hope they can get to that in a couple of episodes. Still this was a good episode, all things considered. Akira's ditzyness finally broke, and she's a psycho...Could be interesting to see her character destroyed somehow!
Apr 17, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2012
No one died,lol.

Akira really pissed me off this episode,I was hoping the card would curse her or something kill her when she threatened to rip it.
YorusighApr 17, 2014 3:55 PM
Apr 17, 2014 4:01 PM
Apr 2013
This anime is disappointing me so far. The drama does seem forced and the plot doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. I will continue to still watch however.
I do think it is interesting how Aki's LRIG is just like Iona and Iona's LRIG is a bitch like Aki. I wonder if that is going to be a plot point or not
Apr 17, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
ponygon123 said:
This anime is disappointing me so far. The drama does seem forced and the plot doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. I will continue to still watch however.
I do think it is interesting how Aki's LRIG is just like Iona and Iona's LRIG is a bitch like Aki. I wonder if that is going to be a plot point or not

I think maybe the cards are either meant to be a bit opposite of the girl's outwards personalities, but it could also be their hidden personalities. Since we all know for a fact that Tama is gonna go bat shit crazy eventually, maybe there's a crazy side to Ruuko.

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about how much of a bitch Akira is. Yes, she is a bitch, but I'm more annoyed by how boring she is. Never liked straight up evil characters with little to no complexity.
Apr 17, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2008
tingy said:
Lol I knew Akira's card wouldn't mind if Akira tore her apart. She knows that Akira doesn't have whatever it is to become the Eternal Girl. Especially not with that atrocious attitude/personality of hers...it just doesn't fit the title "Eternal Girl", whatever that really means.
Probably comparable to turning a witch in MadoMagi world, even if it won't be that extreme.

Frenda flips into Muginon, but still no match in mental battle against Nunotaba.
Is the character designer the same person ?
Apr 17, 2014 4:49 PM
Dec 2013
When Akira learnt Yuzuki's wish and started teasing her I burst into laughs really hard! The entire scene, and when she started spelling ''I N C E...'' I lost it, had to stop the video because I couldn't handle myself anymore lol

Im loving this series and the dark places it's going. Also anyone complaining about the card game in this series is weak, this series is about anything but the cardgame,
Apr 17, 2014 4:55 PM
Jan 2014
I gave it three episodes. Dropped it brings nothing interesting to the table. The psychological tag gave me false hope. It's just teenage sad edgyness with a slice of bitch baddies. If I hear about any improvement I might skim through it.
Apr 17, 2014 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
Gonxa said:
When Akira learnt Yuzuki's wish and started teasing her I burst into laughs really hard! The entire scene, and when she started spelling ''I N C E...'' I lost it, had to stop the video because I couldn't handle myself anymore lol

Im loving this series and the dark places it's going. Also anyone complaining about the card game in this series is weak, this series is about anything but the cardgame,

Too bad the card game takes up a lot of time and doesn't really dive too deep into anything. It's just...there. And everything else goes as deep as mediocre high school essay.
Apr 17, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
Akira vs. Yuzuki match was pretty short.

Akira learned Yuzuki's truth wish. Tama evolved, it was a good one.
Apr 17, 2014 6:06 PM

May 2012
After this episode. I feel like some shit is about to go down.

I knew Akira was crazy. So if you lose three times it's game over uh. Then Hitoemgot one more chance then. Starting not to like Yuzuki. Seems like we got a new player. Iona. I guess I can say she owns a white deck too.

Must say I'm liking this series. The dark theme of this show is slowly making its way out.
Apr 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
Not very exciting and my expectations are getting lower, but there's still a chance for a gradual payoff i think. I'm gonna take a stab and say the selector has to have very high chemistry with their LRIG to bring out even some of the capacity of their power. And the more compatible they become, the closer the selector gets to being an eternal girl(and the more power they'll be able to draw out of their LRIG.

That's probably the significance of Ruko admitting she's in it for the excitement of the battle for now, and saying that that's okay. When she did that her affinity to her Tama grew and caused her to kick ass and evolve. Since Tama's the same way it's almost cheap that they're paired together, when you have all these other selector/LRIG pairs with such contrasting personalities it makes that kind of chemistry hard to build. It feels like their chemistry is going to end up turning Tama into an OP demonLRIG, at which point Ruko will become an eternal girl and "bring her smile back".
Apr 17, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
crazy bitch is crazy

still haven't given up on this show yet though feel like i might regret it if i drop it.
Apr 17, 2014 6:10 PM
Aug 2013
I honestly really like this anime. It has a very strong Madoka Magica vibe. I'm pretty sure Tama will be similar to Kyuubey... I've had that feeling since episode 1.
Apr 17, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
Being able to look at other's wishes is cheap, but when she fights Ruuko it won't matter since she doesn't even have a wish yet.

Oh shit Tama is talking.

Ah so they can evolve that makes things interesting.

Akari is so annoying.

Looks like Iona has a white avatar as well. That laugh 0_0

They really need to explain the game, sure the fights look cool, but I have no freaking clue what is going on... Thanks Stark for this post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1143023
Apr 17, 2014 6:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Akira really needs a reality check and she needs to be put in her place. She's so annoying and when she threw that tantrum at the end I was like please someone shut her up.
One Batista Bomb and I'm sure she'll be less annoying.

I feel for Yuzuki, she loves her brother but since it's a taboo she can't confess her true feelings. Also it's not like she can just forget about her feelings and go out with another person because she'd be denying her feelings. I hope the battles become much more focused because as of right now I'm just not feeling the spark of intensity of the card game. Hopefully it becomes more like Yugioh and we get like one entire episode of pure dueling. Also I'd like some background information about the game and how it works.

Akira's card fits more into Iona's personality since both of quiet and reserved characters. On the other hand we have Akira and Iona's girl which fit each other based on how both have very aggressive personalities.

The Hitoe and Ru-chan battle was okay. A lot more action there and Tama and Hitoe's girl got a couple good towards each other. Tama evolves as well.

Apr 17, 2014 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
This show's dumb and all, but damn are the voice performances excellent.
Apr 17, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2013
jimjameswhatever said:
Gonxa said:

Too bad the card game takes up a lot of time and doesn't really dive too deep into anything. It's just...there. And everything else goes as deep as mediocre high school essay.

Which you probably failed too so why are you talking like you know stuff?
Hints have already been laid out, why don't you use your brain?

The card game influences the LRIGs and judging by the opening song they get more powerful and violent maybe even harming or killing them.
The LRIG's also might reflect who they really are or emotions they keep at bay, yuzuki's card is what she would be like if she didn't have confidence issues.
Apr 17, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
Is it just me or do the cards have opposite personalities compared to their owners? Is anyone else noticing this?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
This show's cast is currently at the top of the "Most Annoying Cast This Season." Well, that's probably the goal initially then watch them grow and change every week. I hope. Great performance by the VAs to actually bring out the characters' personalities.

Looking forward to more pscyho-Tama thrashing.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 17, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2009
So much stupid drama in this anime. This is Black Rock Shooter all over again.
Apr 17, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
Cool episode!
2 card battles this episode? I wish that they were longer card battles...that would make this anime a lot better! D: Anyways.....

Akira was so pissed at the ending! D: LOL! Finally she got angry, that attitude of hers is so annoying....
Apr 17, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
There was a song towards the middle that I LOVED. I would really love it if this show turned really controversial and intense, like Madoka, School Days, or Rideback. Like maybe the girls will get too competitive and become insane! I want to see that for this show for some reason.
Apr 17, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:
So much stupid drama in this anime. This is Black Rock Shooter all over again.

OH MY GAH I AGREE COMPLETELY.
Apr 17, 2014 9:51 PM

Feb 2012
ichii_1 said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Gonxa said:

Which you probably failed too so why are you talking like you know stuff?
Hints have already been laid out, why don't you use your brain?

The card game influences the LRIGs and judging by the opening song they get more powerful and violent maybe even harming or killing them.
The LRIG's also might reflect who they really are or emotions they keep at bay, yuzuki's card is what she would be like if she didn't have confidence issues.

read the thread before you post. I already mentioned that as a possibility.
Doesn't change the fact that the show barely scratched the surface of any of the issues these girls have. Like, wow, the music is different based on who battles each other, which represents differences in human interaction...SO DEEP
idontwannapostApr 17, 2014 10:06 PM
Apr 17, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
It's the 3rd episode, you would have already introduced everyone and killed off half the cast wouldn't you? lame.
Apr 17, 2014 10:16 PM

Feb 2012
We've basically known since Ruuko's introduction that she has been a blank slate and so far the only development I've seen from her is that she has no clear goals, has a thirst for battle, and can make friends. ok.
Yuzuki has been shown to have feelings for her brother since her first battle against Ruuko. Other than that, I haven't seen much meaningful development being done with her character.
Same goes with the other characters.
There's potential to develop these characters way more, maybe slip some more subtle clues to a deeper understanding of their problems through conversations and whatnot, but I don't see much of that.
Apr 17, 2014 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
akira is such an annoying psycho bitch..
Apr 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
VanishingKira said:
No one died,lol.

Akira really pissed me off this episode,I was hoping the card would curse her or something kill her when she threatened to rip it.

Yeah I was waiting for something to happen too lol.
I think if she had torn the card then she would have died instantly or something, we'll have to wait to find out.
Apr 18, 2014 4:25 AM

Sep 2011
Akira reminds me of Iona's card and Akira's card reminds me of Iona. xD
Apr 18, 2014 7:49 AM

Dec 2013
the anime is developing well, but I wanted to know more about the game/cards and the battle had to last a little longer:D
Apr 18, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
This show is actually pretty good, why the low score?

Forum icon by Yandere

Apr 18, 2014 7:54 AM
Jan 2011
Woooo, Akira is having a bitch fit.
Apr 18, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
Ooh, so Akira went on raging mode. And, can't wait to see the more dark parts of this story.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 18, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 2012
Balut said:
This show is actually pretty good, why the low score?

I asked myself the same question...and I think it's because snobs are squealing that it's a Madoka Magica ripoff in the form of a card game and are willing to downgrade it because of that without even giving it a chance.

People did the same thing to Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou last year...except that anime really did turn out to be a turd...but people were down voting it before it even was a turd.

So...idk...
Apr 18, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
this is getting good , Akira i hate u so much<
Apr 18, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
KawaiiDesu01 said:
Akira's card reminds me of Iona. xD

yes Akira mentioned that too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.