Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2011
peeyaj said:
It's weird. Some people here in MAL just hated it. But the internet bloggers is singing their praises in the internet.What a difference of opinion.

The same site gave Sam Flam finale a slightly better score than Kill la Kill in its finale. I have read this blog as well and it has been in love with Samurai Flamenco for quite some time...even saying how its cliff hangers were more frustrating than Lost. Giving it very high scores throughout...and giving the episode with the Gorilla introduction an "A" - to each their own I guess when it comes to opinions.
Mar 29, 2014 6:51 PM
Oct 2013
KyonSmith78 said:

Lol to everything you just said. It is true though. I dealt with the same thing with Kill la Kill's conclusion when I mentioned a few things that could have been expanded on. However, annyone who says anything negative about Sam Flam gets an immediate rebuke from the fans - "you don't get this brilliant anime," "its a thinking person's anime," "you are all too blind to this work of art and its stellar writing." - I get it all the time.

This anime was filled with plot holes, plot twists, and seemed like the writers just threw a bunch of ideas into a hat and when they wanted to do next step they just went to the hat and pulled out the idea.

Granted, there were some excellent themes about growth, reality vs. fiction, heroes in the real world, being blinded by ambitions, psychosis...however, the people who attack people for having a negative opinion on this show are just ridiculous.

True enough. It's like users are swarming on this anime, trying to defend it with their life and absurd claims like "We should celebrate", "for the sake of art", "it's a thinking person's anime", "Best anime this 2014" which are literally bulls. Although I must admit that the anime isn't bad at all neither it's worth all the grand, life changing comments by the die hard fans.

peeyaj said:
It's weird. Some people here in MAL just hated it. But the internet bloggers is singing their praises in the internet.What a difference of opinion.

Because MAL is a place where you can find die hard fans, avid haters and the neutral grays. Sites like blogs and anime stream websites' comments and ratings are just one-sided because only people who like the anime rates and come there in the first place. That's why it's a norm to see a score of 9 and above for every anime out there.
ExplodingGirlMar 29, 2014 7:04 PM
Mar 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
Great way to end the series.
Instead of trying to keep upping the scale, brought it back down to its roots.
Mar 29, 2014 8:12 PM

Sep 2013
It sucks we didn't get some resolution on where Goto's girlfriend is. that ending about the power of love and Masayoshi and Goto getting married was totally random and was put in there for the yaoi shipping purposes but it was hilarious. pretty awesome series and i'm glad i watched it.
Mar 29, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
Wait, that's it? That fucking sucked.
Mar 29, 2014 11:05 PM

Dec 2010
That last scene made me so damn happy...but yeah I wish GotoxMari was a thing...Anyways, great show for the past 2 seasons, life is going too fast...well, off to the fanfics!
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Mar 29, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
10/10
Whoever write this shit is a ******* genius!!!!!
Mar 30, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2012
Once you go full retard you never go back. It's a shame that a show with an interesting story turned into some messy random crap that seemed as if they were making it up along the way while passing around the bong. Just glad it's over.

2/10.

tittycakesXD said:
10th_man_down said:
tittycakesXD said:
was hoping for some gotoxmari to come out of everything in the end, sigh I want the time I wasted watching the 2nd half back

He had zero interest in her.

I think they could've been good for each other, no interest in the beginning doesn't mean nothing can come out of it. I've seen plenty of shows where persistence wins out. Gotou helped Mari out after King Torture and Gotou had his own "issues" which I think Mari could help by being a REAL female in his life and it's obvious she cares for him to a degree from ep19 or she wouldn't have acted the way she did. It's not like Gotou interacted with any other female.

She was a complete bitch, why the hell do people want Gotou to go out with her?!?
Mar 30, 2014 12:21 AM
Mar 2014
9/10 almost there! I never thought the ending will resemble that of the opening of this anime when Gotou-san finds him[SF/Hazama] naked and even tells him in the dark alley as an ecchi.. pervert.. well that pervert later on PROPOSED to him?! hah?! well.. baka 77x haha :)) great Opening songs by spyair and flow and great anime that puts superheroes into real-life perspective without those flashy super powers..
Mar 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
=xAvengerx]Once you go full retard you never go back. It's a shame that a show with an interesting story turned into some messy random crap that seemed as if they were making it up along the way while passing around the bong. Just glad it's over.

2/10.

This show was so random it would have made Haruhi Suzumiya happy. The bong? lol. People call it brilliant, they are entitled to their own opinion but I agree this show could have been so much tighter with its development.

She was a complete bitch, why the hell do people want Gotou to go out with her?!?

That was disappointing about Mari - pretty much no development after her crying fit on the stage. Most of the characters had poor progression imh opinion but then at the end they tried to turn Masayoshi and Goto's characters really quick. I only think what could have been. Definitely an interesting ride though.
Mar 30, 2014 1:53 AM
Jun 2012
DarkDooM2 said:
Are you kidding me?
Homo end, really??

Not only that, but we don't even get to know what really happened with Gotos girlfriend? Fuck you manglobe.

3/10 and a big fuck you

She died....And stop being a homophobic
Mar 30, 2014 7:42 AM
May 2012
SEE PEOPLE!! YOU SEE?!

HAIJI IS NOT REALLY DEAD FOR FUCK SAKE!! AND I FREAKIN TOLD YOU SO!!

THANK GOD MARI SHOWS UP & HE FINALLY GOT WHAT HE DESERVED & NOW IT'S OVER!! THANK FUCKING GOD!!

THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THAT FUCKHEAD HAIJI ALL ALONG SINCE THE START PEOPLE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS NEVER CARE FROM WHAT I JUST SAID ALL THE TIME!! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, PEOPLE. I really care about this show so much.

THERE. I feel so much better now! Later Haters!
JafriZinMar 30, 2014 7:46 AM
Mar 30, 2014 7:50 AM
Oct 2013
JulietTalyor said:
DarkDooM2 said:
Are you kidding me?
Homo end, really??

Not only that, but we don't even get to know what really happened with Gotos girlfriend? Fuck you manglobe.

3/10 and a big fuck you

She died....And stop being a homophobic

How the hell did he become homophobic with just that reaction?

Nonetheless his words isn't something to be glad about.

Well, whether Gotou's girlfriend is alive or dead remains a mystery.
Mar 30, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe she lives in an alternate world. I mean this is Samurai Flamenco....

I like that anime a lot 8/10

Mar 30, 2014 8:56 AM
May 2012
xAvengerx said:
Once you go full retard you never go back. It's a shame that a show with an interesting story turned into some messy random crap that seemed as if they were making it up along the way while passing around the bong. Just glad it's over.

So what. You think this isn't a joke?!

I DON'T CARE. We finally learned the TRUTH that how it really happened at the last 3 episodes.
Mar 30, 2014 8:57 AM

Jun 2011
Mina-yan said:
Maybe she lives in an alternate world. I mean this is Samurai Flamenco....

I like the sound of it! Any possible sequel? I would love to have one!

It was funny throughout after Masayoshi arrived at his house, and then stripped naked LOLOL and asked Goto to marry him LOLOL WTF. The episode was a little rushed, just a little, some situations and the dialogue could've been better, but, I still liked it. Good series overall. SamuMenco lives on in my heart forever.

Edit: It was sad when Goto sent himself a "final" message from his GF, the one about "going on a journey". I liked the OST too, it perfectly fits every scenarios.
ToG25thBaamMar 30, 2014 9:14 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 30, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
Mar 30, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Samurai Flamenco: Hated by people that take their anime WAY too damn seriously.

m4rc0 said:
Wall of text:

Going to throw in with this too. Even if he wasn't thinking it, Masayoshi proposing was probably the only thing that could've made Goto put down the gun at that moment. Crazy hate was defeated by crazy love!

I am a little disappointed that Mari didn't get more character development in the second half of the series. I felt like she had a lot of room to grow, even if she still didn't end up with Goto.

rodac said:
I'm trying to figure out at which point this show jumped the shark: there are so many options...

I seem to recall posting somewhere around the middle of the series that "We're gonna need a bigger shark..."

Overall a strange, but enjoyable series. Very few shows manage to remain quite as unpredictable as this one from week to week, which kept me coming back to see what crazy nonsense they'd pull on us. It was fun! 9/10

Also: LITTERBUG!!! GET HIM!!!
Mar 30, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
JeffreyZin said:
SEE PEOPLE!! YOU SEE?!

HAIJI IS NOT REALLY DEAD FOR FUCK SAKE!! AND I FREAKIN TOLD YOU SO!!

THANK GOD MARI SHOWS UP & HE FINALLY GOT WHAT HE DESERVED & NOW IT'S OVER!! THANK FUCKING GOD!!

THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THAT FUCKHEAD HAIJI ALL ALONG SINCE THE START PEOPLE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS NEVER CARE FROM WHAT I JUST SAID ALL THE TIME!! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, PEOPLE. I really care about this show so much.

THERE. I feel so much better now! Later Haters!

Sounds like a "SEE!!? I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!" for me lol
Mar 30, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
That ending was super hilarious. Somebody has to autotune and gif the whole: "BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAAAAKA *waves hair around* bakabakabakabakabakabaaaaka!"

The craziness was worth it just for that ending. Totally unexpected and honestly couldn't stop laughing. Had to watch it twice.
Mar 30, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
I expected a romance confession as well, but I didn't expect a marriage proposal and naked too big bonus. I loved it 10/10 for me so cute I want a second season ^///^
Mar 30, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2007
what a weird fucking ending.

why the hell did he strip?

the whole time I'm saying PUT YOUR FUCKING PANTS BACK ON.

apparently Masayoshi is just stupid. What is love? "I'll do what your girlfriend would do" .... yeah wut

Goto is still bonkers.

The "villain" was just a stupid kid. And they didn't explain how he somehow attacked the Flamengers and others without any powers or anything.

That made no sense.

I could tolerate the absurd stuff, but these last few episodes were the worst. Shoulda ended it beating the aliens.
Mar 30, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2011
mystik said:
what a weird fucking ending.

why the hell did he strip?

the whole time I'm saying PUT YOUR FUCKING PANTS BACK ON.

apparently Masayoshi is just stupid. What is love? "I'll do what your girlfriend would do" .... yeah wut

Goto is still bonkers.

The "villain" was just a stupid kid. And they didn't explain how he somehow attacked the Flamengers and others without any powers or anything.

That made no sense.

I could tolerate the absurd stuff, but these last few episodes were the worst. Shoulda ended it beating the aliens.

^^^All of this.

That kid plot hole is the real stinker. Never explained how he appears, reappears and is in multiple places at once. Gotta love those parents that fake the kids death too...

All themes aside, Masayoshi is one of the worst characters I have seen in anime due to his naive stupidity. He is Baka. So is Goto...they really are made for each other.
Mar 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
Well, that was a fun ride, but I'm happy it's over. Some things didn't really get answered, but I think that's the point. Not all superheroes follow logic.

The very last scene made me laugh. Some guy throws an empty can out the window, and Masayoshi pulls a Superman. I like that.

Giving the show a final scoring of 8/10, since while it did falter in some areas, I was still entertained enough to enjoy it. It's one of those series you pretty much have to turn your brain off and sit back and enjoy for what it is. Some of the characters I don't particularly care for, but the cast is big enough that I can pick and choose who I liked and didn't like. I understand the frustration toward the series, but I think it's meant to straddle the "good" and "fine" line in the end.

And perhaps this is indeed a troll anime, it'll just take some time to see it :P. I don't mind either way.
Mar 30, 2014 5:40 PM

Jan 2014
Does anyone knows the theme music when Masayoshi proposed to Goto and when he called him "baka"? I liked that theme..
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 30, 2014 5:41 PM
Aug 2013
Lil-Bird said:
It's one of those series you pretty much have to turn your brain off and sit back and enjoy for what it is.
Actually, it's the other way around.
Mar 30, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
Name of the music please? :)
F0XFIRE said:

Mar 30, 2014 5:55 PM
May 2012
Danpmss said:

You think this is a joke?!

I don't care IF I want to speak my mind whatver I want like the other said so.

Damn, I can't believe why is NOBODY ever want to agree with my thoughts & feedback that I've been said all the time. Typical Myanimelist.
Mar 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
JeffreyZin said:
Danpmss said:

You think this is a joke?!

I don't care IF I want to speak my mind whatver I want like the other said so.

Damn, I can't believe why is NOBODY ever want to agree with my thoughts & feedback that I've been said all the time. Typical Myanimelist.

I think he may have thought you were speaking from Masayoshi's perspective.
Mar 30, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2012
greatest anime
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Mar 31, 2014 12:46 AM
May 2012
PaleBlue said:
I think he may have thought you were speaking from Masayoshi's perspective.

Yeah, but it never really explained that how DID Haiji faked his death after all.

DaWizard said:
greatest anime

How so?
Mar 31, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
well you sure as hell don't get shows like SF every now and then..i honestly don't know how i would rate this sometimes this show was just funny as hell some times it was pretty genius then other times it was just down right garbage.

though i won't forget how much i enjoyed the first half and some of the crazy plot twist.

Samurai Flamenco gets a unratable/10
Mar 31, 2014 4:23 AM

Sep 2010
I don't know what to say about this ending.
Can't understanding this series and what's with that yaoi scene?

Overall, I didn't liked this anime that much.
Mar 31, 2014 5:14 AM

Jan 2014
Samurai Flamenco is garnering positive reviews across the internet.

http://angryanimebitches.com/2014/03/samurai-flamenco-overall-review/

"Once again, I really haven’t been digging the use of a numerical rating to gauge my overall enjoyment of the series (especially something such as samflam), but since that seems to make or break the decision to check the series out for most people… At gunpoint and stripped naked (teehee) I would give it a 9/10? It could trend upwards depending on my mood, and I’m really tempted to give it a perfect score, but there were just minor issues I had with the series I find hard to overlook completely. Still, it will easily make its way into my list of favourites if I ever plan to do a proper list, and is without a doubt my favourite anime from 2013.

Until then, goodbye Flamwenco Universe!"

http://my-shiny-toy-robots.blogspot.com/2014/03/samurai-flamenco-review.html

"So because of this, Samurai Flamenco is a bit of a difficult show to place a final rating on. If you're a tokusatsu geek like I am, you'll enjoy what is a clear love letter to the tokusatsu heroes of old (and new) in a show that admittedly is flawed but loveable nonetheless. However if you're a more casual anime-goer that's simply checking it out for its reputation or the mention of superheroes, you may find yourself a little more confused and disappointed by its sudden u-turns in story telling and flop of a finale. My rating goes out to all the tokusatsu fans out there, but if its not your cup of tea feel free to knock one of those Mukips right off the end."

http://www.geekybytes.org/samurai-flamenco-review-a-mind-freak-has-written-this-anime/

"Samurai Flamenco is a bit of a difficult show to place a final rating on. The entire show is like a twisted fantasy making it non-mainstream style superhero show. Because depending on how the series is interpreted, it’s either brilliant or terrible — and I can’t seem to decide which."

http://www.japanator.com/final-impressions-samurai-flamenco-320

"Balls-to-the-wall insanity, superheroes, and a legendary script that have done more than most other shows this season. Each arc of Samurai Flamenco could've been its own show, but instead they did it all.

And somehow... it all worked."
F0XFIRE said:

Mar 31, 2014 10:03 AM
Jan 2014
Very very unique anime. It makes you re-think about a lot of things that happen around you. Though the execution might not be good enough for some ppl and it kinda bugged them off.

Not a big fan of yaoi but it was acceptable in this case.
-1 for Goto not able to get over his gf's death in the end

solid 8/10 for me
Mar 31, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Wow that was one hell of a ride. I liked the gun scene, they kept surprising me with every line and damn dat proposal. I'm a shounen-ai fan but I have to say it felt more like a "trying to get reason across with Goto" rather than a real proposal, I mean Masayoshi is very inexperienced in conveying his feelings, wether this be friendship or "love".
But I think the ending was good. In the end Goto didn't kill the (insane) kid and though he didn't stop texting I think it's more realistic that way, he seems less obsessed with it and is able to laugh it off/about it compared to snapping at Masayoshi for bringing it up. Recovery isn't easy and certainly not suddenly so I think it's good this way.

I don't really know what to think of the serie overall, it had a great start, some really strange turns and a few downs but mixed with some ups as well. I think I'll rate it 8/10 just because it's a very entertaining show, I'm not saying there aren't plot holes or strange turns that don't make much sense but I prefer this show over another loli harem with a 15 year old school boy any day.
Mar 31, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
I'm just happy that Mari and Goto never happened.

Goto helped her out when she was suffering, but when he's going through a hard time she calls him disgusting and walks away. I think that says it all. She's selfish and he isn't. So glad that never happened and he showed no interest in her. I was worried there for a moment, but I'm relieved by the outcome.
[/center]
Apr 1, 2014 5:15 AM
Aug 2013
JeffreyZin said:
Still NOBODY talks about how did Haiji Faked his death?! How typical myanimelist is.
He persuaded his parents to declare him dead, last episode clearly told you that
Apr 1, 2014 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
Therefore I conclude, this anime falls to psychological genre.

Manglobe should shoulder my mental hospital bills, seriously.
Apr 1, 2014 6:31 AM
May 2012
portgas123 said:
He persuaded his parents to declare him dead, last episode clearly told you that

mythical020 said:
Therefore I conclude, this anime falls to psychological genre.

Manglobe should shoulder my mental hospital bills, seriously.

1. Well that's explained why is he actually NOT dead! But thank god he finally got what he deserved (Kick in the nuts by Mari). Fuck that little cunt.

2. I feel you, bro. I can't believe it finally happens & things just got 'stuck-in-my-head' right now about what happened.
Apr 1, 2014 7:40 AM
Aug 2013
kuuurt said:
It was a pretty nice ending for a fucked up anime. Overall, it's fucked up. 6.5/10.
It's not fucked up, it's brilliant
Apr 1, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2011
portgas123 said:
kuuurt said:
It was a pretty nice ending for a fucked up anime. Overall, it's fucked up. 6.5/10.

You know what's up. :) Indeed it's brilliant.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 1, 2014 9:55 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
portgas123 said:
kuuurt said:

You know what's up. :) Indeed it's brilliant.

brilliantly facked up in a more or less positive way
Apr 1, 2014 1:17 PM
Oct 2010
A show that builds up more-than-just-friends-bromance and then actually lives up to it??? MARVELOUS. The aliens and superhero shenanigans are just extra goodies.

10/10
Apr 1, 2014 1:20 PM
Aug 2013
Whalewhisker said:
A show that builds up more-than-just-friends-bromance and then actually lives up to it??? MARVELOUS. The aliens and superhero shenanigans are just extra goodies.

10/10
Actually, they are just friends
Apr 2, 2014 4:49 AM

Jan 2011
one of the weirdest series, can nearly find everything inside, but not done as well if compared to other weird shows like Kill la Kill

I have a feeling this might be one of the most dropped series haha
Apr 2, 2014 9:41 AM
May 2012
This is just great. these comments that people made on MAL are not amused to me.

Goddamn this anime really gets me feelings until so many over-reactions every thread with CAPS LOCK & anything.

I dont' care IF I wanna say it guys. I just wanna get off my chest despite that happened instead of just sit there & take it as an excuses over bad writing & dumb characters & everything.

God, I think I have NO heart to do so...
Apr 2, 2014 9:49 AM

May 2012
portgas123 said:
Whalewhisker said:

10/10
Actually, they are just friends

I guess for the sake of their friendship they'll just pretend the naked marriage proposal never happened.
Apr 2, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
I was on hold at episode 6 but looks like I was so lucky to not have watched episode 7 and the rest from what I can see on the comments!
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Apr 3, 2014 7:34 AM
Oct 2013
Kirko said:
I was on hold at episode 6 but looks like I was so lucky to not have watched episode 7 and the rest from what I can see on the comments!

You did a wise decision. Look at me. My avatar pic says it all.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.