Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 8, 2008 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:25 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 4:21 PM
Aug 2008
People might not notice this but i did
Nov 8, 2008 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
Tech_00 said:

Haruhi suzumiya cameo?

here's a little enchancement:

see the?

NICE NICE! Really great pic taking and noticing! BRAVO!

Yeah that is cool but the Street Fighter made LOL check my pic...........LOOK IT'S RYU!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 8, 2008 4:28 PM
Aug 2008
angel999 said:
Tech_00 said:
Yeah that is cool but the Street Fighter made LOL check my pic...........LOOK IT'S RYU!

yeah made me lol as well, when was the last time i saw a anime girl went into a brazier store oh yeah...Rosario+Vampire
Nov 8, 2008 4:51 PM

Jul 2008
Tech_00 said:
angel999 said:
Tech_00 said:

yeah made me lol as well, when was the last time i saw a anime girl went into a brazier store oh yeah...Rosario+Vampire

WRONG PIC!!! SRY! :P This one!
Nov 8, 2008 11:10 PM

May 2008
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE RAW TORRENTS FROM?

I can't find them with google.:x
And I'm not reading your spoileriffic posts all the way through to find it.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 9, 2008 10:35 AM

Feb 2008
Another excellent episode. I did not like the breaking of the fourth wall though, it's completely unnecessary. Hopefully there won't be any more of that.

Nagi and Jin were so cute in this episode, it was nice to see Jin being so embarrassed and Nagi was even cuter than usual in the way she quit because it made him uncomfortable.

That whole clothes/underwear buying part in the beginning was hilarious, Nagi can't seem to accept the fact that she is an A cup :)
Nov 9, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
Well, subs are out. That was a... well, mediocre episode. I guess maybe a little better than that. It was funny, don't get me wrong, but the entire episode seemed a bit... empty for me.

Jin calls Tsugumi to go shopping, Nagi instead goes shopping with Tsugumi. They get upset about breast sizes, Nagi buys a bra waaaaay too big for her. The Art Club iis convinced to go to a made cafe, and Akiba goes on another of his epic rants. Jin doesn't bring Nagi along not wanting her to imitate the subculture. Nagi ends up being an employee at the cafe, as does Tsugumi who's working her friend's part time job since she couldn't make it in. Jin freaks out at Nagi saying her clothes are indecent, and the Art Club leaves lol'ing at him after his outburst that brought down the entire cafe. Nagi catches up to Jin as he walks home, and stated that if he was so unhappy and uncomfortable about it she'd quit. Cute, but a little vapid for my tastes.

I guess there was a little character development between Nagi and Jin, but outside of that I just didn't feel much from it. I guess Tsugumi was also tossed into the triangle, and you've gotta feel bad for her. On the other side of the coin, there were the Miyazaki and Haruhi cameos so it was full of little treats for everyone. Oh well, at least it was full of awkward laughs, that make everyone around me uncomfortable.
BakayaroNov 9, 2008 1:15 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 9, 2008 11:45 AM

Jan 2007
I loved the maid cafe part in the manga, so I was very pleased to see this. Jin's reaction to Nagi was cute.
Nov 9, 2008 11:46 AM

Oct 2007
I LOL when Nagi tries to convince that she is an almost C-cup and still growing but got defeated by a 13-years old girl with a bigger than D-cup.

Bakayaro said:
Well, subs are out. That was a... well, mediocre episode. I guess maybe a little better than that. It was funny, don't get me wrong, but the entire episode seemed a bit... empty for me.
If you are watching Kannagi then you shouldn't complained about empty plot.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 9, 2008 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
Hah, man Takako is just plain awesome. We need to see more of her.
Nov 9, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
I LOL when Nagi tries to convince that she is an almost C-cup and still growing but got defeated by a 13-years old girl with a bigger than D-cup.

Bakayaro said:
If you are watching Kannagi then you shouldn't complained about empty plot.

...good point, but still. It left me wanting something a bit more than what it delivered. Zange was also absent like the entire episode, perhaps that had something to do with it. I'm not really complaining per se, it's just in comparison to the past few episodes, it had the lol's but it lacked texture. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, or maybe it's because I watched it about 15 minutes after waking up. Perhaps it was the lack of the Nagitorch, or perhaps it was the lack of Nagi's random impurity hunts. I dunno, I'm not a doctor. Then again, I suppose this was another way of Nagi garnering followers towards her goal of becoming an idol, so neh. Now I'm sitting here, talking to myself and attempting to justify my own stupidity. Damn, Im' awesome.

At the very least, it is true Takako owns. Not as much as Akiba though.
BakayaroNov 9, 2008 1:34 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 9, 2008 12:44 PM

Aug 2007
This was a fun episode.

Had some very nice development between Jin and Nagi at the end, love it!
Nov 9, 2008 12:53 PM

Apr 2008
Wonderful episode and nice development between Jin and Nagi, but I feel kinda bad for Tsugumi. I think she realized how Jin feels.
Nov 9, 2008 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
i loled @ the 13 year old DD with Nagi and Tsugumi going like "omgwtfx"

Not to mention when then went "omgwtfxisJindoinghere" at the cafe.

And yeah, too bad Zange got her big idea bubble popped when she found that Nagi quit.

Gogo Maid-guy
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 9, 2008 1:10 PM

Dec 2007
heh..good episode but without much o plot with plenty of fan-service and moe:P....but instead i was loling on Akiba, Daitetsu and Takako....XD.....at the end when that maid cafe manager turned in bereseker mode was the best :D
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Nov 9, 2008 1:33 PM

Apr 2007

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2008 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
gah...pic heavy. well that was a nice episode. poor girl she got shot down without even doing anything.
Nov 9, 2008 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was priceless. Even boob-complex wasn't bad. And this "moe" sound by Akiba... dammit that was hilarious. Also some education - "fujoshi" - now I know how to call yaoi fangirls (freaks). Well, officially Kannagi is the best anime of this season ;] I demand more seasons!

"moe~"
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 9, 2008 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was completely awesome. Only SZS has made me laugh this much.
Nov 9, 2008 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
Very funny episode.
Takako was great. A girl with a Maid fetish. :P
Nagi's Cosplay outfit was really nice as well.
Nov 9, 2008 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:

Jin calls Tsugumi to go shopping, Nagi instead goes shopping with Tsugumi. They get upset about breast sizes, Nagi buys a bra waaaaay too big for her. The Art Club iis convinced to go to a made cafe, and Akiba goes on another of his epic rants. Jin doesn't bring Nagi along not wanting her to imitate the subculture. Nagi ends up being an employee at the cafe, as does Tsugumi who's working her friend's part time job since she couldn't make it in. Jin freaks out at Nagi saying her clothes are indecent, and the Art Club leaves lol'ing at him after his outburst that brought down the entire cafe. Nagi catches up to Jin as he walks home, and stated that if he was so unhappy and uncomfortable about it she'd quit. Cute, but a little vapid for my tastes.

I guess there was a little character development between Nagi and Jin, but outside of that I just didn't feel much from it. I guess Tsugumi was also tossed into the triangle, and you've gotta feel bad for her. On the other side of the coin, there were the Miyazaki and Haruhi cameos so it was full of little treats for everyone. Oh well, at least it was full of awkward laughs, that make everyone around me uncomfortable.

IT'S the fanservice! I know a lot want it from other forums.............well THEY GOT It!

Neverender said:

GOOD ONE MATE!
Nov 9, 2008 3:09 PM

Aug 2008
Fantastic episode! Tsundere indeed!

This show's getting better and better which starts to seem impossible! Index is already defeated in my book, right now this is the No.1. show of the season!
Nov 9, 2008 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. Nagi and Tsugumi were really the stars here, but especially Nagi.

Raised Kannagi from a 7 to an 8 after watching this episode
Nov 9, 2008 3:14 PM

Dec 2007
Not much happened, but it was a funny episode.The highlight was certainly Nagi in her maid costume, she looked really good in it. She acted cute throughout the episode, perhaps a little more than what I would have expected. Still, liked it a lot.

Can't believe the show has already reached the halfway mark ;_;

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Nov 9, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
Hmph, and here I was thinking I was going to get to see Zange in a maid outfit for more than 15 seconds.

The tsundere line is what got me though in this episode; his expression and timing was perfect.
Nov 9, 2008 3:21 PM

Dec 2007
Nice and funny episode. These episodes are going fast, at least I feel so. They are over within a blink of an eye, but that might just be because I'm really enjoying this show. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 9, 2008 3:39 PM

Mar 2008
MOEEEEEEEEE
Nov 9, 2008 3:42 PM

Mar 2008
"Tsundere". That was the most memorable one for me this episode, too.

It started pretty generic and I thought: "Why?"
But they made it fairly interesting even on that overused terrain. We even got some serious character development at the end of the episode. That was most awesome.

This episode felt pretty long (in a good way) and a lot a interesting stuff was going on. Not everything was gold, but there was plenty to compensate for that.

To conclude it: Nice, episode (again).
Nov 9, 2008 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
OMG.... this episode was Hecka funny :D

Nov 9, 2008 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
Borderline loved this episdoe, but all of these jokes have been done before. I just can't help that this show makes me laugh at scenarios that i have seen dozens of times before in other anime. Not genius, but geniusly executed!
Nov 9, 2008 5:11 PM

Aug 2008
Tech_00 said:
Yep, I spotted that one.

Tsugumi banging her head against the wall was pure gold.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 9, 2008 5:12 PM
Dec 2007
SO CUTE.
Nagi's bra shopping is amusing.
I feel your pain, Nagi... :[
Nov 9, 2008 6:33 PM

Jun 2007
Meido zettai ryouiki.......... to die for.
poor tsugumi got her dream shattered xD
i completely lol'd at the girl watching through the computer.... THEY FOUND US OUT, lol
lol @ nagi's ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ
haha, *puff puff*
tsugumi really made nagi feel bad xD
i lol'd at the junior high girl with D+ cups....
ahhaha, seeing nagi with those huge bras made me laugh.
haha, akiba is getting stereotype'd
i liked how tsugumi and nagi got so impressed at seeing jun in the maid cafe xD
i loved tsugumi's tsundere act, and her bashing away at the wall xD
jin was so embarrased at seeing nagi in her cosplay xD
and nagi misunderstood so badly..... she is moe indeed
i loved it when jin was bashing away at that.... thing
yay for nagi understanding how jin felt..... xD
poor zange was late xD
in the end, this episode needed more zange

i wish for more zange next episode.
Nov 9, 2008 6:56 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Probably should have mentioned this earlier, but if they end the last episode of this season by having Nagi perform the opening song at an actual concert or if they actually have a scene where she performs the opening song at an actual concert sometime in the anime itself, I called it :D

-*sees title of episode* Nagi's Heart-stopping craziness? Then what the heck was episode 1-5?

-Hey look its Haruhi! Can they do that?

-No bad, do not break the third wall.

-You are now entering a world that most guys will never see in real life, the female underwear lane..."I never knew that underwear came in so many shapes." Yeah me neither.

-Uber fan service!

-If you think about it, its Jin fault for not being a perv and carving a statue with a larger rack...

-For any girls here I have to ask out of curiosity, please do not take offense from this, but is breast size for girls the same in terms of pride as, um the size of men's...ok forget I asked the question...moving on...

-"Maid Cafe" chapter? Ok.

-Trust Jin, Nagi will show up there...I knew it!

-Dont think to hard about it Jin, its just you becoming a man...in a wierd perverted sort of way.

-Why is Jin here? The more important question is why is Zange-chan NOT here?

-Cue Otaku!

-Meanwhile deep inside her lair, Zange-chan learns of Nagi's plot and decides she wants in on the action...

-Jin you've seen Nagi in the Maid Cafe for like 10 minutes now, why are you just now starting to freak out?

-If he gets thrown out of a Maid Cafe...

-So...what the hell is Jin's problem?

-Jokes on you Zange-chan.

Post Episode Comments:

Well it was an ok episode. Seemed more devoted to fan service than anything as it do virtually nothing to advance the plot other than that scene near the end. Still the series remains charming so ill certainly keep watching.

Nov 9, 2008 7:08 PM

Aug 2007
If I had to describe this episode in a word, it would be "Hilarious". By far the funniest episode to date, IMO, I was laughing aloud at multiple points this episode. Tsugumi and Nagi were brilliant in this episode.
Nov 9, 2008 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
This is the first ep where I've taken a liking to Tsugumi. She was great. :D
Nov 9, 2008 7:13 PM

May 2008
I love this ep, mostly when the DD is shown and tell her that she is 13... WOW I ws laughing soo hard at Nagi's reaction.
Nov 9, 2008 7:48 PM

May 2007
Tsugumi owned this episode, alot of laughs, and the great god Haruhi showed up.

This show must be blessed(maybe it's all the god's in it)

Maid Cafe.... Good Job
My anime list
Nov 9, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
Tsugumi > Nagi...in both cup sizes AND outfits.
Nov 9, 2008 8:02 PM
Jun 2007
Tech_00 said:

Yep I noticed. That was pretty cool lol.
Nov 9, 2008 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
I dunno if I'd rubber stamp this best of the season based on this episode of all. =P
Nov 9, 2008 8:33 PM

Sep 2008
God I luaghed some many times during this episode, it was great.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 9, 2008 9:37 PM
Jul 2008
I found this episode funny, but i wish they would have given Zange a little more screen time. I like the anger she brings out of Nagi.
Nov 10, 2008 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
Tech_00 said:

im pretty sure that news was from sankakucomplex(the images are even linked there lulz) and artefact said it was from 2chan...so were you the one who really spotted it? :P

in any case, that was a pretty good fanservice-y ep. not much laughs but the dynamic between nagi and jin developing was pretty cool. especially that sunset scene
Nov 10, 2008 12:30 AM

Nov 2007
this episode just might up Kannagi to a 9/10 now

this episode was just amazing...best one yet
Nov 10, 2008 12:43 AM

Sep 2008
this episode was filled with all kinds of awesome. xD
Although I would've liked to see a bit more of Zange...
Nov 10, 2008 1:06 AM

Apr 2007
Frequencity said:
kjre;aglkfjgklsdjf NAGI-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA<3

I agree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2008 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
Kannagi: Proving once again that Art Clubs are awesome.
Nov 10, 2008 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
ah this was a good episode.. at least it made me laugh half the time..

and tsugumi is so cute in this episode.. ^^ too bad jin prefers lolis.. that leg fetish yarou..

and unfortunately zange chan is getting bitc*ier every episode.. >.<
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.