Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2013 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
I did not see that coming at all. Someone or something has murdered Mizuka. It's not a coincidence that her electronic legs went towards a cliff. Who murdered her? Maybe someone wanted to prevent her from stopping Kai looking into the Kimijima Kou reports and decided to kill her. Also I wonder how Subaru's condition is. I'm full of questions.
Feb 8, 2013 7:21 AM

Oct 2008
Dammit, while watching Kai just standing there doing nothing, I was shouting at the screen "MOVE, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ****", but no, they had to make her die in the lamest way possible.
Feb 8, 2013 7:30 AM

Jun 2011
Oh, no... please, Subaru, don't die, you're too cool and handsome (and tsundere) for that T___T

And Mizuka... I wasn't expecting that at all.

5/5
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 8, 2013 7:35 AM
Oct 2011
Super mysterious and creepy episode...especially the Mizuka Part T_T

Really good episode though...WANT MORE

5/5
Feb 8, 2013 7:35 AM
Oct 2010
About time things got really serious, but what a way to do it.

Yvese said:
Fuck man that hit the feels.

That was cruel as hell. If I was Kai I'd be traumatized for life.

Just being there helpless, unable to stop a machine gone berserk, watching as your friend is about to fall to their death...
I know, man.

The worse is that he could have saved her, he tried to remove the power supply, but failed. EDiT: Oh, he was aiming to remove the whole thing, not the power supply... still...

In his place I would probably replay the scene over and over regretting my clumsiness. Either that or go nuts trying to find out who killed her.

bastek66 said:
Sound of cracking spine - terrifying.
Yep, that didn't help.

Posse said:
Finally shit gets real.
People have been saying this for a while, but at last I can agree.
AjunkyFeb 8, 2013 7:40 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 8, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2011
WTF with this episode, it doesn't fit with my logically thinking
Fristly, why the hell Kai's so dense, after Mizuka yells to him for help, dis Kai is frozen like shid
Secondly, why he can't just destroy the power of the machine it should be on her belt.
Finally this hopeless Kai doing suffix instead throwing her to the side, we're talking about robot here, there must be unbalance side of it (since a No. 2 fall to side as well)

3/10

**☾**
Feb 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
I can't believe this anime turns to be lame like that, gosh, surprisingly dissapointing

**☾**
Feb 8, 2013 7:58 AM
Feb 2012
You've got to be kidding me, what the hell just happened? That was just too sad...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 8, 2013 8:03 AM
Oct 2010
Yang94 said:
I did not see that coming at all. Someone or something has murdered Mizuka. It's not a coincidence that her electronic legs went towards a cliff. Who murdered her? Maybe someone wanted to prevent her from stopping Kai looking into the Kimijima Kou reports and decided to kill her. Also I wonder how Subaru's condition is. I'm full of questions.
I can't help but think that Misaki was involved. She designed the legs right? I doubt prosthetic legs would ever need a remote control feature or even a protocol for wireless communications, for all that matters.

Though that doesn't mean Misaki did it herself, it could have very well been punishment for "failing" to report Kai's involvement.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 8, 2013 8:25 AM

Oct 2011
I feel sorry for Mizuka but at least I hope the story will progress faster after this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2013 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
Well fuck. That was unexpected. That spine cracking...... That made me cringe so hard. That was an amazing episode. I was so happy that the robot started moving, then it falls, and then mizuka dies..... Damn it.
Feb 8, 2013 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
Subaru will live with the spoiler at the very beginning in the first episode, but Mizuka....'tis a sad day, and I cry manly tears. Maybe doujinshi will fix that.
As for her seiyuu, Takako Honda, was always a favourite but never knew who Mizuka's voice actress was until now. Now added to list of favourite people.

And Misaki...what a tool she's become.

The only other beef I have with this is...why the hell did Kai not move faster? We all knew where this was going to go, and Kai should have even more so since he's been having threats from people + investigating someone else's death + has been reading reports on exoskeletons going berserk like literally a few minutes before the shit hits the fan....so why in all hell did he not grind those gears or rub those grey cells harder? It doesn't take a genius to see the direction where Mizuka was going (toward a cliff with an already broken barrier). There was also no need for him to "freeze up" too because Kai was already in fiery argument mode with his "where are you going? we're not done talking here?" He's either mentally handicapped only good at one thing in his life (playing fighting games), or just incredibly stupid.
Estoy_GordoFeb 8, 2013 9:06 AM
Feb 8, 2013 8:52 AM
Feb 2009
HOLY SHIT!!!

...simply need to spam...
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 8, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2012
Kansokusha said:

なんだよこれぇっっ!!!

SON OF A BITCH!! WHAT THE FUCK!

1st was Psycho-Pass now THIS!! GODDAMNIT NO!!!

WHY MIZUKA WHY?! I know, somebody just hacked her robotic leg, I swear a god they're gonna pay for what they done!!

What's gonna happen to Subaru?! IS THIS THE END OF HIM!?
Feb 8, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2012
Well, It looks like Robotics;notes is starting to turn from happy robot fun to EVERYONE DIES.
Well, It kinda happened when the robots went berserk, but this is the definite turning point.
But now mizuka is dead and MISTA PLEIADES might be dead too. Possibly. Hopefully not though.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Feb 8, 2013 9:26 AM

Dec 2009
I'm sorry, but I just laughed at this. It was hilariously bad.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 8, 2013 9:28 AM
May 2012
here's the preview of EP17 (By clicking on 'Next Preview' button in the link):-

http://roboticsnotes.tv/story/episode/#ep16

Ajunky said:
The worse is that he could have saved her, he tried to remove the power supply, but wait, he was actually aiming to remove the whole thing, not the power supply... still...

In his place I would probably replay the scene over and over regretting my clumsiness. Either that or go nuts trying to find out who killed her.

I completely agreed with you!

I can't believe this anime really gets me feelings I mean I don't care IF I speak my mind whatever I want by spam some of my overreactions of it because I just can't believe what I just witnessed anyway!
JafriZinFeb 8, 2013 9:46 AM
Feb 8, 2013 9:41 AM

Aug 2011
lzpreslav said:
Dammit, while watching Kai just standing there doing nothing, I was shouting at the screen "MOVE, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF ****", but no, they had to make her die in the lamest way possible.

Well he tried to do something. There was nothing he could do. =.=
Feb 8, 2013 9:49 AM
May 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Well he tried to do something. There was nothing he could do. =.=

What else can I say but, she's dead. It's over. He couldn't save her in time...

I wonder what will happen to Subaru after we saw what happened to him (on ep17 preview, he just ended up in a hospital bed)...
JafriZinFeb 8, 2013 9:56 AM
Feb 8, 2013 9:58 AM
Nov 2012
Couldn't he just push Mizuka on the side, there's no way the legs would get back up then..The episode just felt brutal...The robot's activation + Subaru's suspense + Mizuka's death + The earth's doom = MINDF**K
Feb 8, 2013 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
Well, for what I saw in the preview, it seems that Subaru is alive, but in the hospital.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 8, 2013 10:05 AM

Mar 2012
omg I though shit got real a few episodes ago, but now this...
Feb 8, 2013 10:16 AM
Oct 2012
Man that was way too intense. I suffered from a spinal disc herniation my from an accident years ago, could not move for 4 days. Trust me this scene was excruciating. Imagine someone hammering your finger nails nonstop. That was what it felt like when they tried to move me.

ps on a lighter note.
Boobs....gone are the greatest boobs in anime history. RIP.
Feb 8, 2013 10:31 AM

Sep 2012
dudeinthewater said:
Boobs....gone are the greatest boobs in anime history. RIP.

Well, they haven't rotten yet.
Feb 8, 2013 10:49 AM
Oct 2012
Speaking of which I'm really surprised how Kai's slowmo didn't get activated. Normally this should have been stressful enough to start it.
Feb 8, 2013 10:59 AM
Oct 2010
Everyone bringing up the spoiler at the very beginning of episode 1, I need to point out some discrepancies. I just rewatched that scene, and they would have to rebuild the robot yet again because Kai's inside it, since the current one is remotely controlled. They are using the lightning cannon, but the control system displays KB2020, while it was KB2019 during this episode. And they can't just wait a year to go to the expo since Kai and Aki are in their last year of high school. Kona could just make a new update to the software, so that's not as big a deal, but the robot having a cockpit that Kai rides in?
Maybe that first scene was like the first scene in TTGL (alternate universe flash-forward that never actually happens)?
Feb 8, 2013 11:15 AM
Jan 2013
Such a traumatizing episode (or week, considering Psycho-Pass's episode as well). I got carried away when Mizuka's cybernetic legs starts acting up. And what did happened to Subaru??? I hope he's fine.
Feb 8, 2013 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
randomperson2229 said:
Maybe that first scene was like the first scene in TTGL (alternate universe flash-forward that never actually happens)?

That's what I was thinking.

It seems like a lot of people who watched this episode are experts on how these legs work -_- Yeah Kai stood there for a while and even I was shouting at him but in the end it doesn't matter. Even with that extra time I think it is pretty obvious there was nothing he could have done to stop her.

Also, spine cracking *shudder*
Feb 8, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
Such a serious episode, omg it was terrifying D:

But because I haven't really been able to follow the plot very well, what do I do? Go to wikipedia and end up spoiling the WHOLE thing, though I'm sure other things will happen that I didn't read, but now I'm angry at myself baha. If you're confused, good lord don't look it up.
Feb 8, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2008
Wow. Pretty shocking episode. That girl was dead no matter what Kai tried to do, but he could have reacted a little bit faster than the speed of molasses trying to go uphill.

Also, they showed a complete lack of respect or security just piling up all those monopoles in decrepit room.
Feb 8, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
What the actual fuck?! Mizuka's death was horrifying. Just knowing she is going to die and not being able to stop it. Wow...
Feb 8, 2013 12:25 PM
Jul 2012
neontaster said:
What the actual fuck?! Mizuka's death was horrifying. Just knowing she is going to die and not being able to stop it. Wow...

i agree fully just watching that was horrifying. I was scared for her. This episode was intense and i loved it.
Feb 8, 2013 12:26 PM

May 2012
JavierR said:
neontaster said:

i agree fully just watching that was horrifying. I was scared for her. This episode was intense and i loved it.

exactly... dat moment with subaru was also intense :o
Feb 8, 2013 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
KappaG3 said:
Finally, as you already stated, driving a giant robot under heavy wind is pants on head retarded. They can build a gundam and then they don't even calculate how much force it takes for it to fall down, or at least consider the option of bad weather?
And why didn't Kai try to push Mizune to the side in the first place? That would've been the most obvious thing to do, regardless of what would have happened next.
"LMAO THERE'S A CLIFF BEHIND US LET'S PUSH THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION MAYBE THE LEGS WON'T GO BERSERK KILLING US BOTH"
tbh, I think pushing something going berserk to the side is idiotic, and wouldn't be the first thing someone would think of doing in that kind of situation, especially when panicked. Most likely, people would do something of the opposite effect of what the dangerous situation is leading to, so what Kai did was pretty much a common choice. And I think they were just trying to move the robot to the side or something like that, so they didn't think it would take long, which was why they drove the robot in that kind of weather. Though, the weather didn't seem that bad at first, which didn't seem enough to blow a giant heavy robot over. The reason they drove it for a longer period of time was because they found the robot had a hitch, so they wanted to test it, getting sidetracked, which is why they ignored the weather. I think that's what happened, but I can't really remember. But I don't think the robot thing was as retarded as you say.
Feb 8, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2011
Holy crap, that was sick. But I was waiting for this to take a serious turn so I did like it.

Now it's really obvious that someone (Misa / her boss perhaps?) fucked up that exoskeleton. It could also have something to do with Kimijima Kou. The way Kai tried to stop her was absolutely retarded though, I thought he was one the smarter characters. The wane that spine snapped was insane though, I didn't expect to hear that sound.

This episode, although it went in the direction I wanted, felt too extreme as everything before this was kind of "normal". Subaru's reaction felt natural, I doubt running wouldn't saved him. I don't think he's dead though, he's too important to truly die.

The fact the robot fell over made me laugh though. It's fucking 2019/2020 in this show and there is no stabilization feature built in? But their über laser does have security features? Yeah, right... that's just stupid.

I'm looking forward to more of this, I like this serious stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
When the legs snapped Mizuka's back when they forced her up again, I felt my back hurt a little : /, damn the tension this episode was intense
Feb 8, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
SylakentH_ said:
exactly... dat moment with subaru was also intense :o

Not a spoiler really because it already happened in a previous episode, but I bet you already forgot about this...

Feb 8, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2011
Here's something I wrote about Robotics;Notes after episode 5 (November 9, 2012):

"[T]he visual narrative elements work well. For example, one of the characters wears bionic prosthetics on her legs, and they are clearly visible in several scenes, but it takes a few episodes for it to even get addressed, let alone explained. There are plenty of little things like that which are positive indicators of what's to come."

I was more right than I realized (I didn't read the VN). I just happened to notice how certain shots were framed so that you would see Mizuka had them. Pretty good foreshadowing if I noticed it 11 episodes ago.
Feb 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2010
Holy mother of Mongrel.... I'm speechless. Dat spine crack.. Ouch.

Epic episode. Holy shit.
Feb 8, 2013 1:32 PM
Sep 2009
Holy crap that spine crack was immensely disturbing
Feb 8, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2011
Whoa, is it finally getting good? Or will this be the same as before, where they'll resolve everything in the next episode? I really hope not, this episode renewed my interest in the anime! O:

Also, judging by the very first scene in the VN (which is about the only bit I read, due to my lame Japanese), which is probably somewhere near the end of the story,
VokocaFeb 8, 2013 1:37 PM
Feb 8, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
ohh fukkk.. why why why.. this ep give me goose bumps. .

Feb 8, 2013 2:57 PM
May 2009
lindsayzzz said:
HOLY SHIT, this episode! Gun-Pro 2 supposedly fell on Subaru but the most crazy part was Mizuka's robotic legs going out of control. The spine crack and spitting out blood was so realistic it was scary. Oh my god, Mizuka died right in front of Kai too. Seeing Kai screaming and all shocked was heartbreaking. This episode was so emotional, fuck! Best episode by far, beats episode 14 by a mile and I really liked that one. I knew Robotics;Notes' 2nd half would get serious but didn't expect it to get this serious. Love this show! <3

Realistic? An actual person would scream or pass out from the pain if the spine actually broke.
Feb 8, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, about damn time they decided to build that robot. Oh and also nice to see Sae this episode. I missed her.

Anyways, pleasant episode.

Um, pleasant episode? Where is your sarcastic smilie? She walks off a cliff to her death and its a pleasant episode?

I was looking forward to a fun episode after watching a few fun shows earlier. I shouldn't have left this one for last. Well I guess I still have Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan for a few laughs later...

Fireman's carry anyone? I guess the legs might have fought him off further but I can't help but feel like there was more he could have done.

Saddest safety rope ever, poink and it breaks... I thought for a moment she might be able to hang on.

Intense stuff, wasn't expecting that...
Feb 8, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2011
wow that was disturbing, most memorable moment in Robotics Notes so far
Feb 8, 2013 3:06 PM
Oct 2010
the1337fleet said:

Realistic? An actual person would scream or pass out from the pain if the spine actually broke.

True, although I'd imagine her spine was already broken/damaged since she can't walk.
Feb 8, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit. Didn't expect that to happen. Very well executed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 8, 2013 3:38 PM
Jun 2012
All my tears belong to this episode, that spine crack to make her stand up completely threw me off guard, one of the most chilling episodes so far.
Feb 8, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2011
That spine crack made me flinch and why do main characters take FOREVER to get into Hero Mode...
4/5

Took one point off for dumb protagonist.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 8, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
Jesus. Two possible deaths (Mizuka's pretty certain) just like that. They really wanted Mizuka out of the way to make Kai stop prying it seems. I hope Subaru is OK though!

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

340 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

192 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

208 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

123 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.