Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2012 12:17 AM

Feb 2008
Moekou said:
It's true that Kiritsugu's words ring true for the real world. However, one thing you either forgetting or are unaware of is that this is a world where there IS an afterlife that weighs your chivalry and honor, or lack thereof. Avalon, Valhala, whatever you want to call it-an afterlife for people that live heroic lives exists. In fact, this "dream of dying heroes" is literally what powers Saber, not in terms of willpower but in actual weaponized form. Thus, in this universe, it DOES in fact matter whether you fight honorably or cowardly.

How does it matter? Caster was a terrible person before he died, granted he wasn't always like that especially when he was with Jeanne. Also assassins character, wouldn't be considered a "honorary" fighter. In the show, significant figures over time are given the option to become a heroic spirit, just like (DONT CLICK THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN Fate stay night or unlimited blade works)
It isn't affected by whether you fight "honorably" or "cowardly"

Anyways, I didn't like the way Lancer went out, but that's kinda the trend for being a lancer in this world LOL. You have to agree with kiritsugu though, Saber's ideals are not realistic at all.
Apr 22, 2012 12:19 AM

Aug 2008
You gotta love Emiya's pragmatism in the battlefield...
Like back in that first fight between Archiblad and him. Bringing down his insanely magically reinforced building? Amazing :p
I really like those types of characters.
Apr 22, 2012 12:32 AM

Jan 2010
Linkark07 said:
A part of me loved this episode, another part of me hated what Kiritsugu did to Kayneth, Sola and Lancer.

Poor Lancer-kun, he was treated like scum, he was betrayed by his master and in the end he couldn't even finish the fight he promised to Saber. It was sad seeing him go that way.

And then Kiritsugu making Maiya kill Kayneth and Sola. Kiritsugu really is a monster who will do anything for get his hands on the grail. I bet if Saber wasn't bound by a contract she wouldn't have minded to kill Kiritsugu right away.

I don't think Kiritsugu made Maiya do anything. As she convinced Kotomine in S01.E08, she's all in.

As an aside, I wonder if she's supposed to end up with Kiritsugu.
Apr 22, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
Another amazing episode
Too bad Lancer had to die in such a way,
What's going to happen to Iri, don't die yet please!
Apr 22, 2012 12:40 AM
Oct 2011
How the hell can any of you feel pity for Kayneth? Did you not see him murder Kirei's father in cold blood because of the command seals?
Apr 22, 2012 12:42 AM

Oct 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Hydnlife said:
Yo this Shit was Raw, the way lancer being betrayed like that by his master and the humiliation that went along with it he just wanted an honorable dual was that to much to ask?, Sola Didnt deserve getting her Hand Cut off and kill i mean Kayneth deserved it but she didnt, Man Kiritsugu is one cold motherfucker the mind game was kinda tight "i cant kill you but she can shit was to cold"

10/10

actually she deserved to die more than kayneth since it was she who started all this jealousy shit between them

Sola-ui was set up with Kayneth by her family in an arranged marriage. She never loved him.

She fell in love with Diarmuid, which I don't really think was such a terrible a thing for her to do, especially since all it'd take is for her not to willingly resist his enchanted mole.

Becoming obsessed with Diarmuid to the point that she'd twist one of Kayneth's fingers until it snaps off to get Diarmuid's command seals? Yeah that was pretty fucked up, but Kayneth couldn't feel it and again she's under the influence of Diarmuid's charm.

Stack that up against Kayneth's coldblooded murder of Risei in this episode alone and he was clearly more deserving of his fate than Sola in my mind.
TopgunUKApr 22, 2012 12:50 AM
Apr 22, 2012 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
if you can really hate, trully hate a character, then its a great character, kiritsugu its a hero, a guy so good that he turned evil to continue doing good, just plainn epic, now more than ever, one of my favorites

poor lancer, his dying curse is gonna be my walpaper...XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 22, 2012 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
dio_brando86 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
stAtic91 said:
And the BD version will be even better since it will most likely have a few cut scenes. For example, it seemed like part of Kiritsugu and Saber's talk was gone since they suddenly teleported from the corpses of Kayneth and Sola-Ui to the car, where Irisviel was standing.
Is it possible for someone to copy and paste the parts omitted even if from the LN. I would like to read them.

Here's the whole conversation:

woah wall of text is that really neccessary?

anyways I have no pity for Kayneth and Sola. They both are manipulative and ruthless, but Kiritsugu just outplayed both of them XD
zzzeallyApr 22, 2012 1:26 AM

Apr 22, 2012 1:41 AM

Nov 2010
Gen Urobuchi being Gen Urobutcher... I'm raving for more depressing Sunday.
5/5
Apr 22, 2012 1:44 AM

Jun 2009
I was rather disappointed with season 2...

Until this very episode.

Reality vs Ideal

and so forth. I'm glad I continued watching Fate/Zero
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2012 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
yaHzee said:
Moekou said:
It's true that Kiritsugu's words ring true for the real world. However, one thing you either forgetting or are unaware of is that this is a world where there IS an afterlife that weighs your chivalry and honor, or lack thereof. Avalon, Valhala, whatever you want to call it-an afterlife for people that live heroic lives exists. In fact, this "dream of dying heroes" is literally what powers Saber, not in terms of willpower but in actual weaponized form. Thus, in this universe, it DOES in fact matter whether you fight honorably or cowardly.

How does it matter? Caster was a terrible person before he died, granted he wasn't always like that especially when he was with Jeanne. Also assassins character, wouldn't be considered a "honorary" fighter. In the show, significant figures over time are given the option to become a heroic spirit, just like (DONT CLICK THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN Fate stay night or unlimited blade works)
It isn't affected by whether you fight "honorably" or "cowardly

The Grail was corrupted in the third war. Assassin was due to a particular ruling implementation, not natural selection. Also, members of the Ḥashshāshīn were often religious martyrs and can certainly be called Muslim heroes-they were willing to give their lives for their belief, and followed their society's code of honor. *avoids shameless Assassin's Creed references*

By theory only true heroes can be called forth. This is why the cast made a big deal out of characters like Caster in Fate/Stay Night and brought up the Grail's corruption.
Apr 22, 2012 1:54 AM

May 2009
I am so shaken up... Seeing Diarmuid die like that..
OH GOD..
That shame and humiliation he felt seethes through me.

I hate Kiritsugu, despite the fact that he was right in doing what he did, in order to achieve the Grail and since the end for his path had only to turn out that way... The means he used, disgusting.
Strategically, yes, his execution of his powers of logic were to the core perfect, but... I stand by Diarmuid and Saber's right to chivalry.

God.. he was scary... Diarmuid was scary while he wept his rage..

It seems that the fate of those legendary heroes come to a cyclic close. Their ideals remain the same, and their desires to salvage themselves of their past remain unfulfilled..

..and the tear in Diarmuid's eyes when Kayneth shames him for not taking care of Sola.. It made my heart stop a beat.
KundaliniApr 22, 2012 2:02 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 22, 2012 2:04 AM

Apr 2012
Topgunuk69 said:
BloodRequiem said:
Hydnlife said:
Yo this Shit was Raw, the way lancer being betrayed like that by his master and the humiliation that went along with it he just wanted an honorable dual was that to much to ask?, Sola Didnt deserve getting her Hand Cut off and kill i mean Kayneth deserved it but she didnt, Man Kiritsugu is one cold motherfucker the mind game was kinda tight "i cant kill you but she can shit was to cold"

10/10

actually she deserved to die more than kayneth since it was she who started all this jealousy shit between them

Sola-ui was set up with Kayneth by her family in an arranged marriage. She never loved him.

She fell in love with Diarmuid, which I don't really think was such a terrible a thing for her to do, especially since all it'd take is for her not to willingly resist his enchanted mole.

Becoming obsessed with Diarmuid to the point that she'd twist one of Kayneth's fingers until it snaps off to get Diarmuid's command seals? Yeah that was pretty fucked up, but Kayneth couldn't feel it and again she's under the influence of Diarmuid's charm.

Stack that up against Kayneth's coldblooded murder of Risei in this episode alone and he was clearly more deserving of his fate than Sola in my mind.

he prob wouldnt have shot risei if sola didnt do what she did
having yourself crippled and your finacee taken away can mess alot with your sanity
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 22, 2012 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode! Lancers death was very well done.
Nice to see Kiritsugu finally showing his true colors as well.

Heh. I had actually forgotten how stupid Kiritsugus wish for the grail was.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 22, 2012 2:18 AM

Feb 2008
And this is why Kiritsugu is SO much better than Shirou. I simply love the bastard! =P
Apr 22, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome Episode..... Kiritsugu is the fucking awesome.......

5/5
Apr 22, 2012 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
Mauno said:
Production team when the 2nd season started: 'Oh my god, we have only 13 episodes left and this many servants and others to kill. We'll have to keep it two deaths minimum per episode.' :P

Anyways loved the episode. Kiritsugu is badass.

that is what happened in the book so...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 22, 2012 2:44 AM

Mar 2009
This show. THIS SHOW.

Best episode since episode 11 of the first season. Lancer's death was unbelievably tragic. He couldn't even get an honorable battle with Saber.

Meh Kiritsugu. He's cold, ruthless, and calculating, but he's too one-note for me, despite his strange - and almost out of character - outburst over Kirei quite a few episodes back.
Kirei's always been more fascinating to me, in his wildly unpredictable ways. Even Gilgamesh has a soft spot for him, and he barely acknowledges anyone. Anyway, I wonder how he'll react to Risei's death.
Apr 22, 2012 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
Holy frack. I'll be honest, I didn't like 1st and 2nd episode. But this one...this one was pure gold. Flawless. Kiritsugu is damn great. He's complete anti-hero. Somehow, after all this episodes, Kirei is still most interesting. I look forward to clash between these two, and it's bound to happen.

This episode returned my fate(no pun intended :P) into fate/zero, I just hope they keep up with this quality.
Apr 22, 2012 3:06 AM
Oct 2009
What a twist of fate.. totally didn't see that Lancer's death would end up like that.

Kiritsugu is such a hypocrite.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Apr 22, 2012 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
sugarcane said:
What a twist of fate.. totally didn't see that Lancer's death would end up like that.

Kiritsugu is such a hypocrite.

hows he a hypocrite when he said that he will use any means possible to achieve victory
hes the end justifies the means type

saber on the other hand is the true hypocrite
in episode 15 she doesnt tell lancer about her ability to defeat caster which prolonged the fight risking the lives of the people of fuyuki when she claims that she upholds chivalry and wants to save the people
Apr 22, 2012 3:46 AM

May 2010
Poor Lancer :/
Apr 22, 2012 3:56 AM

May 2011
Lancer died :| And without even having a proper battle TT_TT This cant be happeneing. Curse you Kiritsugu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2012 4:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Excellent, gripping episode. Kiritsugu is a cold, ruthless bastard but he has a point. War is hell. There is no such thing as a glorious war, specially if you're on the losing side. While his methods are completely reprehensible, his logic is sound.

I'm really looking forward to getting a backstory from him in this anime. It should be interesting to say the least.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2012 4:31 AM

Apr 2009
However I look at it - the best way the grail could grant Kiritsugus wish is by destroying humanity.
He really is the last person who should be allowed to claim it.
Apr 22, 2012 4:53 AM
May 2011
Someone's had a bad day: (Large-ish screenshot)
Apr 22, 2012 4:58 AM

Apr 2012
So this episode show us the real nature of Diarmuid he was bothering us
by sayin' he wants to put he's live as a knight and ready to die for his master
But when the time comes to fulfill he's duty and saves one live of his master family ,He's just become a mad and change into evil spirit , I really doubt that he just wants to fulfill he's knighthood , In other hand
Saber can understands kiritsugu's point of view , But kiritsugu can't understand her and that show us who is the right ,Saber couldn't say anything yet she's recognize that her master is sought for justice too.
Apr 22, 2012 5:14 AM

Aug 2008
oh poor lancer ;__________;
Apr 22, 2012 5:14 AM
Feb 2012
Oh yeah, this is how it's supposed to be done... This show doesn't disappoint.
Apr 22, 2012 5:25 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'll always facepalm at how much insult Lancer accepts. He should be my master in anger management xD But DAMN at the end of his life... THAT'S why ppl shouldn't keep it all in. He pretty much cursed everything xD I do wonder though, did he snap towards Saber as well? He was looking at her at some point.

I'm sad he had to die like that though. Everyone deserves their last wish. Or at least let him have a good fight. His 180 degrees change wasn't that much of a surprise as a finally explosion of feelings. Peace Lancer! V
Apr 22, 2012 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
i'll be getting nightmares tonight
Apr 22, 2012 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS SHOW IS SO EPIC! キタ━━━\(゜∀゜)/━━━!!!!!
Apr 22, 2012 5:30 AM

Dec 2011
What Emiya did to Kayneth and Sola and Lancer...

Damn I hate him...

Still I love Saber and Iri :)

I hope she is ok...
Apr 22, 2012 5:34 AM
Dec 2007
WildEagle- said:
But when the time comes to fulfill he's duty and saves one live of his master family ,He's just become a mad and change into evil spirit , I really doubt that he just wants to fulfill he's knighthood , In other hand
Saber can understands kiritsugu's point of view , But kiritsugu can't understand her and that show us who is the right ,Saber couldn't say anything yet she's recognize that her master is sought for justice too.
Dude, read up on the Tale of Diarmuid and Grainne. In life he was literally forced into escaping along with his Master's fiance in great part due to his curse (that any woman who looks at his love spot will fall in love with him), and I say forced because Grainne forced him into compliance. After much tribulations his foster father intercedes to earn him pardon from his Master. Fast Foward and the vengeful Master invites him on a hunt, in which he's attacked and mauled by a Boar. Water drank from Fionn's hands was said to heal any man's wounds but Fionn would literally let it slip every time as he made fake attempts at saving his life, hence letting him die.

Now Diarmuid died betrayed just for one betrayal he didn't even wanted to do. Now Kayneth did what again? Yes, he FORCES DIARMUID TO KILL HIMSELF. In other words he dies betrayed AGAIN, by oponents he once thought of as honorable (remember he doesn't survives long enough to learn Saber had no part on the plan). I say he has more than enough reasons to turn into an spirit full of enmity and hate.

Apr 22, 2012 5:48 AM

Jan 2010
so who's next going to be kill?

Apr 22, 2012 5:50 AM

May 2010
It's interesting how people feel knee-jerk hate to different characters each episode without knowing their back story. I bet Kirei will be the next hated character after next week's episode.
Apr 22, 2012 5:53 AM

Jan 2010
Subby said:
It's interesting how people feel knee-jerk hate to different characters each episode without knowing their back story. I bet Kirei will be the next hated character after next week's episode.

definitely!
Apr 22, 2012 5:58 AM

Dec 2011
Subby said:

I pretty much loved every character, but whatever reason Emiya had it's not ok to kill not only Lancer (it's his fault) but Kayneth too, after promising freedom...

That moment when you feel happy and suddenly realize it's trick...

Come on...
Apr 22, 2012 6:06 AM
Feb 2012
Kayneth was better? Please... His constant insults towards Lancer... Killing Kirei's old man so no other master would get command spell (even though Risei was tricky bastard too, but still) Gilgamesh would show hell to Kayneth if he was his servant lmao
Apr 22, 2012 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
WildEagle- said:
Dude, read up on the Tale of Diarmuid and Grainne. In life he was literally forced into escaping along with his Master's fiance in great part due to his curse (that any woman who looks at his love spot will fall in love with him), and I say forced because Grainne forced him into compliance. After much tribulations his foster father intercedes to earn him pardon from his Master. Fast Foward and the vengeful Master invites him on a hunt, in which he's attacked and mauled by a Boar. Water drank from Fionn's hands was said to heal any man's wounds but Fionn would literally let it slip every time as he made fake attempts at saving his life, hence letting him die.

Now Diarmuid died betrayed just for one betrayal he didn't even wanted to do. Now Kayneth did what again? Yes, he FORCES DIARMUID TO KILL HIMSELF. In other words he dies betrayed AGAIN, by oponents he once thought of as honorable (remember he doesn't survives long enough to learn Saber had no part on the plan). I say he has more than enough reasons to turn into an spirit full of enmity and hate.

He's former master betray him for nothing more than a revenge , But kayneth for the sake of his wife ,
The wife of his master that he couldn't save her , Lancer sure were aware of that kayneth forsake him for sola's live under kiritsugu mercilessness,And He's for sure
knows that Saber like him never know that would happen according to her attitude in episode 8 Lancer knows that kiritsugu isn't like saber like kayneth and him , I guess for a knight Die for the sake of your master family is a honor , To be honest I don't know what he want First I was believe he want to fulfill his knighthood in the aspect of the master that he couldn't fulfill with his former master , But die for your master like this should fulfill what he really wants but he just tricking himself in what he really wants after see the death again
Apr 22, 2012 6:18 AM

Apr 2008
OKAY - Loads of epic things went down in this episode but what made my day was Kiritsugu's lecture - Thank heavens somebody shut Saber and the now departed Lancer up. There is no glory on the battlefield - and there is no honour in a conflict where two people resolve to take each other's lives.

PRAGMATISM: 1 ROMANTICIZED CHIVALRY: 0
Apr 22, 2012 6:18 AM

Apr 2012
the_trainman said:
Kayneth was better? Please... His constant insults towards Lancer... Killing Kirei's old man so no other master would get command spell (even though Risei was tricky bastard too, but still) Gilgamesh would show hell to Kayneth if he was his servant lmao

Yet he was call kiritsugu "Rat" because his utilize the machines and he's use it to Kill Risei , where's the dignity of magus ?
Apr 22, 2012 6:23 AM

Dec 2011
WildEagle- said:
the_trainman said:

Yet he was call kiritsugu "Rat" because his utilize the machines and he's use it to Kill Risei , where's the dignity of magus ?

What both of you said is true, but what Emiya did is no better...
Apr 22, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2012
basabeo said:
Lancer.. :/ That was just sad. Why does my favorite character always have to die in these things. I knew he was going to die.. didn't think it would be so brutal..

*cries* He and Saber are my favorite characters. The way he died reminded me of Unlimited Blade Works where the other Lancer was also ordered to commit suicide by Kirei, I think.
What Kiritsugu did here was cruel!!! Even though that's what this anime is all about, I still think he shouldn't have gone that far. I wished Lancer stayed a bit long in the second season ;(

Apr 22, 2012 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
WildEagle- said:
the_trainman said:

He was no longer a magus at that point...
Apr 22, 2012 6:37 AM
Feb 2012
Xayoz said:

That's true, but I think he would kill Risei in any case. He would have probably just used magic if he had't lost the abilities.
Apr 22, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
akutasame94 said:
WildEagle- said:
the_trainman said:

What both of you said is true, but what Emiya did is no better...

Emiya do what he did in a point he do it for the sake of the world no matter what's a childish Idea it is better than someone do it because dignity

the_trainman said:
Xayoz said:

That's true, but I think he would kill Risei in any case. He would have probably just used magic if he had't lost the abilities.

Magus see themselves as a noble human begins ,mostly of them see the normal people as a trash , Bothering themselves and others by dignity , The look down at people because the use technology and find a kind of entertainment , For them if normal people live like the middle ages is better even if technology saves people make live easier it's aiming to the future , But magic aiming to the past no matter what if a magus with a dignity became a normal human he shouldn't utilize technology under any circumstance but for kayneth after what he says about magus nobility and when he insult waver for this , And now forsake it like a trash I dislike the term "Nobility" but when you look at another magus like tokiomi you find what's the nobility of magus is not kayneth .
Apr 22, 2012 7:07 AM

Nov 2011
This ep. Gives so many mixed feelings.
Apr 22, 2012 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
of all of the heroic spirits
the most loyal one died in such a humiliating way.

I respect him what he did , but yeah thats how kiritsugu does his job
Apr 22, 2012 7:44 AM

Aug 2007
Ah, Lancer, too bad your glorious death turned into such a humiliating death... Also, when Emiya came up with that contract at Kayneth, I was like 'Not myself... Someone else will', and there was Maiya. Well done, Kiritsugu. I only think it is such a pity for Lancer. I really liked him. Even Sola-Ui, but not Kayneth.

That conversation with Saber and Emiya was really nice in composition. Both Saber and Emiya hiding their faces with only Irisviel in the middle showing hers...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

530 by FedeMetal »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1326 by S41N »»
Sep 23, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

591 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 25, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AkkaAkka - Apr 7, 2012

380 by landofthekwt »»
Aug 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

656 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.