Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2011 1:08 PM
Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Origami Cyclone sure has an interesting power.
Though it was really obvious who Lunatic was, and they finally showed it to us.

Bunny is starting to like his partner a lot more.

Next episode is going to look fun, Dragon Kid is going to get some screen time off the show. Looks nice.
desolatoMay 23, 2011 12:26 PM
May 21, 2011 1:52 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting power Origami got but yeah, no real use other then spy work. I give him cred for standing up for his old friend.

Finally, more screen time for Dragon Kid.
metalsnakezeroMay 22, 2011 11:11 AM
May 21, 2011 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
I'm loving this show more each week. Definitely a sleeper show of the season.

Was looking forward to finally getting an Origami episode, and this didn't disappoint. I was hoping he'd be as goofy as his superhero persona, but I liked him by the end after he got over his whining.

Does anyone else look forward to hearing the title of the next episode in the awesome Engrish every week as much as I do? Funny stuff.
May 21, 2011 2:17 PM

May 2010
I KNEW IT WAS MR. SEAWEED HEAD!!!
May 21, 2011 2:39 PM

Mar 2009
The cheesy action during the climax bothered me-Kotetsu jumping way out in front of Bunny rather than trying to pull him aside, like he did with Edward and Origami, and not getting severe burns from Lunatic's flames(which are supposed to be really powerful) were just plain illogical. Ivan also needs to learn how to come up with a plan before rushing into action when his power is totally not suited for brute force. And wtf sweatsuit uniforms.

On the other hand, the extra depth on the setting was great, plus the end parts were totally sweet. The parts where Edward spoke with Origami as he got arrested, and Yuri was shown in the Lunatic getup, weren't dramatic at all, in healthy contrast to that climax.

The writing gets painfully straightforward during these dramatic, single character development sidestories, but with the same wonderful characterization, and the week long wait makes me over-think each episode. Must marathon-rewatch this when it ends for maximum enjoyment.
Time to stalk pixiv for another week. Yay.
IceAndCream said:
I KNEW IT WAS MR. SEAWEED HEAD!!!

Who didn't?
Seriously.
May 21, 2011 7:44 PM

Nov 2008
He wasn't goofy like I thought that he would be, but man, that is one cool power. And lol at the fail powers that Tiger had to deal with. "You all have great smiles!" XD

Paiguy said:
Does anyone else look forward to hearing the title of the next episode in the awesome Engrish every week as much as I do? Funny stuff.

I sure do. Especially when Tiger stumbles all over it. I guess that would disappear if/when this gets an English dub.
May 21, 2011 10:23 PM

Nov 2007
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS
May 21, 2011 10:37 PM

Nov 2010
busters said:
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS

There was alot of love friendship in this episode. I like Origami Cyclone so I'm glad he got an episode, hopefully he'll cheer up and have some more screentime next time.

Bunnys Engrish ftw.
May 21, 2011 10:39 PM
Sep 2009
Well, it seems Kotetsu has Lunatic's full attention; Tiger & Bunny has itself one awesome villain and a perfect adversary for our valiant lead. Origami's back-story is not what I expected at all, but still good. I love the corporate heads reacted to Lunatic's sudden appearance, it was funny and at the same time telling of the red tape the heroes are under. I wonder how the story will progress, and how the corporates will react, as support for Lunatic continues to grow.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
May 21, 2011 11:11 PM

Jun 2007
busters said:
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS

T+B fujoshi bait is the best kind of fujoshi bait.

I really wonder that Origami cyclone became a hero, since his power really doesn't seem suited for battle or on-air heroics. Now I know why he doesn't feature prominently in the opening combat scenes.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
May 21, 2011 11:25 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was so good. Loved that part where the heroes in training were showing Tiger their powers. "You all have great smiles, that's for sure"

The action parts were great too. And I'm not the only one who noticed that Tiger and Bunny held hands lolol
May 21, 2011 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
( ゚ ヮ゚)ノ゙
“Y-You’ve got a great smile..”

May 22, 2011 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
Tiger and Bunny now are really like an old married couple^^
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 22, 2011 2:12 AM
Nov 2008
I never expected Origami Cyclone to be so different in real life,but I really liked him.Episode was sweet with alot of bro-mance moments.Next episode: a baby.
May 22, 2011 2:27 AM
Mar 2010
Shape-shifting ability is useless?
He needs to learn the possibilities of that ability. God, what I can do with that ability. -grins-
May 22, 2011 3:16 AM

Jul 2008
herox3 said:
Shape-shifting ability is useless?
He needs to learn the possibilities of that ability. God, what I can do with that ability. -grins-
Honestly, it's a better ability for a villain in this series. I'd throw him in covert ops but this series seems to not have any as everyone is theatrical.

Barnaby is starting to defrost :D

BEGINNER
May 22, 2011 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
shape-shifting is awesome imo, i can become a super undercover agent lol

and nice that Lunatic is not part of Ouroborous, his my favorite NEXT at the moment i like his fire power that he can even use to fly
May 22, 2011 4:34 AM

Oct 2007
Oh that goggle in the preview, where have I seen one before :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 22, 2011 5:01 AM

May 2010
I don't really wanna say this but somehow this time they showed a lot of gay stuff which creeps me out and also I kinda realized that the heroes power is kinda useless and wasted at the same time ! T_T
May 22, 2011 6:04 AM
May 2011
YEX said:
I don't really wanna say this but somehow this time they showed a lot of gay stuff which creeps me out and also I kinda realized that the heroes power is kinda useless and wasted at the same time ! T_T

dont worry bro is just sunrise-teasing for female fans , not big deal , power are useful but only superior powers like tiger or fire enblem , waiting next ep!!
May 22, 2011 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
Hehe this show is so much like the Justice League with a very contemporary setting. It's well written and the pace is amazing. This show does not bore me one bit. Tiger as the inspirational character. Pretty much Superman, Bunny is obviously an amalgam of Bruce Wayne. The nods I dig.

And this show is BOOOOOOOOOOOOSTERRRRRRRRRRRR GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 22, 2011 3:41 PM
Sep 2007
Now it is pretty much confirmed that Tiger was the one who killed Barnaby's parents when he was a member of Ouroboros.
May 22, 2011 4:07 PM
May 2011
Psajdak said:
Now it is pretty much confirmed that Tiger was the one who killed Barnaby's parents when he was a member of Ouroboros.

LOLWUT? cool story broh!!
May 22, 2011 4:36 PM
Dec 2007
Great chara developments overall for a pretty cool episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 22, 2011 5:33 PM

Mar 2010
I really don't see "teh gay" everyone's been talking about in this episode.
Ok, maybe I do but I don't see it as a big deal. I've seen gayer things happen in other non-BL/yaoi anime.

And I didn't expect Ivan to be so...mopey and emo.
It kinda put a damper on his character for me but hopefully he'll become more useful later on.
May 22, 2011 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
Origami is so... pessimistic :c ..its sad yet interesting, felt like petting him
anyways, yay screen time for Dragon Kid <3

lol baby with powers interesting next episode
May 22, 2011 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
another great episode! Bunny is finally being less of a jerk. Tiger really is a cool guy just trying to help even though nobody gives him credit. kinda feel bad for Origami. shapeshifting can be useful as in comics (Mystique) but he just doesn't know how to help people himself.

obvious about Lunatic but now when will we see Ourobouros?
May 22, 2011 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, Origami is totally different behind his mask XDD I dun like his hero costume really, he looks like a gay monster w/ make up overdose :(

And yay, Dragon Kid next episode :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 23, 2011 12:16 AM

Apr 2008
So, uh, was I the only one bothered that Lunatic was going to kill a criminal whose crime was killing a criminal? There's bad motivations and then there's just dumb.

A bunch of people have brought up the spy uses for Origami Cyclone's power, which of course wouldn't be much good on Hero TV, but there's even more to work with than that. Can he only copy things he's seen exactly? Do they have to be human? Can he be giant? Mini? Hard as steel? Shift away vital points in the midst of battle? Shift back lost limbs? Can he copy muscle? I mean, we even saw him shift clothes on. Instant titanium armor or something sounds like a pretty good power. Shapeshifting is a crazy power when used properly. He definitely needs a new costume for it, though.

The hero school is a neat touch, and I really like that not every Next power is useful. It fleshes out the world and adds some believability.

senerikfred said:
The cheesy action during the climax bothered me-Kotetsu jumping way out in front of Bunny rather than trying to pull him aside, like he did with Edward and Origami, and not getting severe burns from Lunatic's flames(which are supposed to be really powerful) were just plain illogical.

Got to agree here. It was a really weird clash especially. Really hot fire equals heavy bruising and hundred fold punch just cracks the mask?
May 23, 2011 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
YEX said:

If you have a problem with 'gay stuff', then just don't look for it, and ignore other people pointing it out. Nothing in this episode was gay at all if you don't read into it that way; everything between Tiger and Bunny could be seen as friendly (or parental), and everything between Origami and Edward was just friendship fueled by Origami feeling guilty. Sure, it's obvious there's a little bit of teasing the female fans, but it's not too much.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. Origami is cute. I wanted to hug him.
I was also entertained by how insane Barnaby looked every time he smiled in the first half of the episode. Really, he looked like he was going to snap and murder everyone. I'm sure it was unintentional (lolQUALITY), but it reminded my of how I feel when I have to talk in front of people, haha.

Bio said:
senerikfred said:
The cheesy action during the climax bothered me-Kotetsu jumping way out in front of Bunny rather than trying to pull him aside, like he did with Edward and Origami, and not getting severe burns from Lunatic's flames(which are supposed to be really powerful) were just plain illogical.

Got to agree here. It was a really weird clash especially. Really hot fire equals heavy bruising and hundred fold punch just cracks the mask?

Oh, and thirding this. The fire not burning I could maybe accept being handwaved by Kotetsu's power being active, but that mask would have to be made out of some really strong stuff to only crack a little bit; and if it's so strong, why does Lunatic need so many spares in his secret dungeon?
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
May 23, 2011 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Bio said:
So, uh, was I the only one bothered that Lunatic was going to kill a criminal whose crime was killing a criminal? There's bad motivations and then there's just dumb.

Uh wasn't the one he accidentally shot the hostage? I could be wrong though, gotta watch again :P.
May 23, 2011 4:31 AM

Nov 2010
Net-Raid said:
Bio said:

Uh wasn't the one he accidentally shot the hostage? I could be wrong though, gotta watch again :P.

Do note he broke out of prison and tried to murder Origami. So he was'nt exactly innocent. But yes he did kill the hostage but he didn't mean to.
May 23, 2011 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
paperbomb said:

Do note he broke out of prison and tried to murder Origami. So he was'nt exactly innocent. But yes he did kill the hostage but he didn't mean to.

Yeah, I know.
But I think what Bio meant was that it's kinda ironic/dumb since the criminal Lunatic was targeting also have the same philosophy as him (though this is wrong since Origami's friend killed the hostage, not the criminal).
May 23, 2011 11:29 AM

Dec 2008
Well, Lunatic never did say he was targeting him for the murder. That he was targeting him because he broke out of prision without atoning for the murder he committed.

Though Lunatic must be bored so he can follow them even though there are plenty of people in prison though. ^_^ Eh, whatever.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 23, 2011 12:24 PM
Mar 2011
Bio said:

Nope and he shot the woman they were holding hostage.

senerikfred said:

Given how Lunatic kept dodging Barnaby it might be that Lunatic seriously underestimated Wild Tiger and given the end of episode preview it seems Lunatic has figured that out for himself!
May 23, 2011 1:27 PM
Jan 2011
CG said:
Tiger and Bunny now are really like an old married couple^^

Am I sensing a gay thing in here?
May 23, 2011 8:49 PM

Oct 2010
I smell mentercourse in the near future.
LOL at tiger, he saved bunny and even then he cant be on the spotlight
huh?
May 23, 2011 9:13 PM
Sep 2009
While I'm not quite the expert in this sort of field. It was previously aforementioned that Lunatic's flames were hotter than the flame heroe. His flames where blue flames, which are the second hottest known to man other than a white flame. What we saw on Tiger wasn't a bruise but a deep cut that was lacerated from the flames itself. Don't quote me on this because I'm too lazy to go back and watch it.

Other than that I thought this episode was great for piling up the tension about Ouroboros and Lunatic himself. Makes me wonder what kind of people are in Ouroboros...
Also, @Psajdak. What makes you think that?
May 24, 2011 3:42 AM
Mar 2011
Psajdak said:

Actually Barnaby's dad ordered the murder of Tiger's hero and when Tiger went after him he had Tiger's wife killed as a warning but the infuriated hero moved his daughter and mother into hiding before hunting Barnaby's dad down.
What Barnaby witnessed was Tiger fighting Barnaby's henchmen, Ouraborous is actually the name of Barnaby's dad's organisation which Tiger didn't know anything about.

Barnaby's dad shot his own wife by accident and Tiger was forced to leave him behind since he carried Barnaby's mother and an unconscious Barnaby to safety with Barnaby's dad believing he had killed his own wife then killed himself.

Barnaby's Next power was gained because he was being carried by Tiger to hospital which is why he has the same power just as Tiger's own power was influenced by his hero.

Tiger having failed to save Barnaby's mother chose to follow the others in joining Hero Tv as a means of redeeming himself but his inner need makes this difficult because he has a form of deathwish which is why he chose to shield Barnaby rather than move him to safety like he did the other pair.

Lunatic is the son of one of Barnaby dad's henchmen and is now aware that Tiger was the Next responsible for Barnaby's dad's death particularly as he has demonstrated he is far more powerful and to be blunt heroic than any hero of this era should have any right to be especially given who he works for.

I suspect we might see Lunatic trying to persuade Barnaby that Tiger was responsible for his parents' deaths and Barnaby might finally remember seeing Tiger being present, but I also suspect thats why he's been paired off with Tiger as his patron is also aware that Tiger saved Barnaby's life something the public don't know about since Tiger wasn't in costume and he didn't stick around to be identified...

As crazy as this sounds I do suspect we might see Tiger unable to use his powers deliberately enter battle with Lunatic or another foe perhaps some insanely dangerous accident and refuse to leave anyone behind quite possibly he'll be killed earning the credit he will never reeceive whilst alive even so far as to finally seeing his statue next to his hero in the final episode.

God I hope not!
darkwintreMay 24, 2011 3:58 AM
May 24, 2011 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Paiguy said:

I really do. It's hilarious.

It's funny how I can actually see Sunrise feeding BL-fangirls... and I always thought I was bad at noticing stuff like that. Heh.
Origami was a really cheesy character with his angsty personality but somehow it didn't bother me at all, maybe because it seemed so exaggerated.

Dragon Kid next, eh? Least interesting character in my opinion but looking forward to next episode anyway.
May 24, 2011 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
I would like to mention only one thing. The Judge, Yuri Petrov, is Lunatic. This much is established in this episode. However, being the Judge, you'd think that he'd have the official government files on all the heroes...

And so, we learn that Barnaby's real name ISN'T Barnaby. His real full name is...

BURNABY BROOKS JR., LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

BURNABY. So unless the official files are wrong, we better call him by his real name from now on, shall we? ;)

And I'd like to apologize for the QUALITY of the screenshot.
May 25, 2011 3:48 AM
Mar 2011
Nadir said:
I would like to mention only one thing. The Judge, Yuri Petrov, is Lunatic. This much is established in this episode. However, being the Judge, you'd think that he'd have the official government files on all the heroes...

And so, we learn that Barnaby's real name ISN'T Barnaby. His real full name is...

BURNABY BROOKS JR., LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

BURNABY. So unless the official files are wrong, we better call him by his real name from now on, shall we? ;)

And I'd like to apologize for the QUALITY of the screenshot.

Thats okay it clear enough to confirm your statement!

So instead of Bunny we ought to call him Bernie or is that Burnie?
May 25, 2011 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
Nadir said:

Woah, what a twist! Nice catch!

(But seriously, that's pretty hilarious... so they can't spell his name right, huh? A bit lame. Not the first time that happens in anime though. :D)
May 25, 2011 12:41 PM
Jun 2008
darkwintre said:
Psajdak said:

Actually Barnaby's dad ordered the murder of Tiger's hero and when Tiger went after him he had Tiger's wife killed as a warning but the infuriated hero moved his daughter and mother into hiding before hunting Barnaby's dad down.
What Barnaby witnessed was Tiger fighting Barnaby's henchmen, Ouraborous is actually the name of Barnaby's dad's organisation which Tiger didn't know anything about.

Barnaby's dad shot his own wife by accident and Tiger was forced to leave him behind since he carried Barnaby's mother and an unconscious Barnaby to safety with Barnaby's dad believing he had killed his own wife then killed himself.

Barnaby's Next power was gained because he was being carried by Tiger to hospital which is why he has the same power just as Tiger's own power was influenced by his hero.

Tiger having failed to save Barnaby's mother chose to follow the others in joining Hero Tv as a means of redeeming himself but his inner need makes this difficult because he has a form of deathwish which is why he chose to shield Barnaby rather than move him to safety like he did the other pair.

Lunatic is the son of one of Barnaby dad's henchmen and is now aware that Tiger was the Next responsible for Barnaby's dad's death particularly as he has demonstrated he is far more powerful and to be blunt heroic than any hero of this era should have any right to be especially given who he works for.

I suspect we might see Lunatic trying to persuade Barnaby that Tiger was responsible for his parents' deaths and Barnaby might finally remember seeing Tiger being present, but I also suspect thats why he's been paired off with Tiger as his patron is also aware that Tiger saved Barnaby's life something the public don't know about since Tiger wasn't in costume and he didn't stick around to be identified...

As crazy as this sounds I do suspect we might see Tiger unable to use his powers deliberately enter battle with Lunatic or another foe perhaps some insanely dangerous accident and refuse to leave anyone behind quite possibly he'll be killed earning the credit he will never reeceive whilst alive even so far as to finally seeing his statue next to his hero in the final episode.

God I hope not!

Dunno what your watching.....
May 25, 2011 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
reaght said:
darkwintre said:
Psajdak said:

God I hope not!

Dunno what your watching.....

Lol, neither do I.
May 25, 2011 10:38 PM

May 2009
Ivan is a lot more adorable than I had expected him to be!

And Bunny's 'Heh' at the end sounded... happy, rather than the usual scoffing 'heh'. It's official, even Bunny can't resist Tiger's charms. <3

busters said:
TIGER
AND
BUNNY
HELD
HANDS
Oh how I love Sunrise.

darkwintre said:
Psajdak said:

I loled. Then I realised you might be serious.

Or worse, that you might be right. That would be awful.
May 26, 2011 4:48 AM
Mar 2011
Athena said:
I loled. Then I realised you might be serious.

Or worse, that you might be right. That would be awful.

Yep thats why I posted I figured if I did there was no way it could be right!

The I reread it and wondered whether the head of that council we saw at the start looked anything like Tiger's hero which would prove this wrong!
May 26, 2011 6:18 AM

Nov 2009
Poor friend. I'd be pissed to. I loved when they were all preaching different things to the students; and Tiger's reaction to the weird powers.
May 26, 2011 11:30 AM
Aug 2009
Good episode as alawys.
Just to be expected of Sunrise!

Looks like Dragon Kid in the next episode. I cant wait !!! :)
May 27, 2011 2:24 PM

Feb 2008
so why didn't Edward just sink himself and the two criminals into the ground? And what exactly did he think that Origami could do to help him in that situation that the cops couldn't do?

Origami needs a lot more practice at using his power in a combat situation, he made it way to easy to tell who the real criminal was.

I figured Lunatic had to be either involved in the hero program or hacking into its communications system (otherwise his timing couldn't have been that good for attacking the church) but I wasn't really expecting him to be the man in charge of it.

I hope that school teaches a normal curriculum too, most of those people will never be heroes (unless they become cops or fire fighters or something).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.