Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2011 9:20 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It's a loli version of Isana!!

Yui is still just as cute. :)

Well, nothing much happened in this episode except Yumeji learns about Chizuru's identity and he vows to protect Isana from Jyuukai. :|

Mar 11, 2011 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
Seems like they will just introduce Elcres and focus on the teacher guy this season. I would rather see an epic clash but it should still be good. They just better save Isana because she's one of my favorite characters this season along with Merry.
Mar 11, 2011 7:27 AM

Jan 2009
Heeee~

Other than that, I really dislike the fact that someone as awesome as Treesea would be in as lowly a vessel as that whatever-his-name-teacher.
Tch. Apart from Yui and Isana, I guess this is also turning out to be a disappointment.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 11, 2011 8:41 AM

Feb 2010
The new dream demon (Leon, was it?) is pretty badass. Hope we get to see him in action soon.
Mar 11, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
Loli!Isana & CHizuru were quite cute. Still, this week's episode didn't have enough Yui & Merry. BUT, the plot thickens, with elcres finally making an appearance, and chizuru's dream demon is revealed as well. He doesn't seem to be an ally, but since he's revenge-driven, I think 'enemy of an enemy' may apply here.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 11, 2011 9:02 AM

Jul 2008
Disappointing. It was a "calm before the storm" ep. lol

prismheart said:
Seems like they will just introduce Elcres and focus on the teacher guy this season.

Yeah, seems to be the case.
Mar 11, 2011 10:11 AM

Mar 2010
Chizuru.. Filler character.. for reaaall? so where's the main story in manga.. she seems like a very importiant character for this series..

stevewiess01 said:

"Don't go into a guy's room when he's busy at night" That was so misleading moment! XD

so i wasn't the only one thinking weird thoughts lol.. what was he doing anyway? I still don't have no idea O-o
Mar 11, 2011 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
I get the feeling that this anime is loosing momentum. The story is interesting but the way the episodes seem to be taking baby steps for the narration in comparison from the first couple.
huh?
Mar 11, 2011 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
WTB Isana+Merry furo scene
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 11, 2011 1:34 PM

Jun 2008
Am little disappointed from this episode. Nothing really happened. Everything i was hoping to see, seems to be in the next episode.

At least we got to hear and see pharos in detail. Btw is he able to even eliminate humans? It seemed like he completely killed the girl not just took her dreams or anything like that.

Can't wait For the fight with Treesea in the next episode.
Mar 11, 2011 2:12 PM
Jul 2010
Pretty uneventful episode. Some new info, yes but few info for 20 min considering we didn't get any action. I still wonder how things will turn out. I see that this anime's story has potential for much but the execution falls a bit short so far. If only every episode was as last week's one...
Mar 11, 2011 2:12 PM
Jul 2010
Pretty uneventful episode. Some new info, yes, but few info for 20 min considering we didn't get any action. I still wonder how things will turn out. I see that this anime's story has potential for much but the execution falls a bit short so far. If only every episode was as last week's one...
Mar 11, 2011 3:20 PM

Jul 2010
Wordsmith said:
He doesn't seem to be an ally, but since he's revenge-driven, I think 'enemy of an enemy' may apply here.
Yeah, it seems he's in situation similar to Engi's.

Elcres looks pretty bad ass, yet I'm still too in love with Chaser John Doe. Leon is also really cool. All the characters in this anime are great. We definitely need a second season. They can't introduce our main villain in the last couple episodes of the show like this.
Mar 11, 2011 3:50 PM

Nov 2008
LOLWUT? Chizuru is an anime-only character? same as Treesea? WTH They are contributing a lot to the plot! I guess the manga is just straight to the point chasing Elcres alone. xDD

We will end this season with the clash against Treesea and I sense second season dealing with Elcres xDD

I would rather say its "light rain before the storm" - by me

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 11, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2008
I was wondering why Kawanami went into the store and was not soaked so we could see through her shirt. When her umbrella appeared, I was disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 4:33 PM

Sep 2008
I was wondering why Kawanami went into the store and was not soaked so we could see through her shirt. When her umbrella appeared, I was disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
There's not enough Merry in this episode. D:

Hmmm, so now Yumeji knows that Treesea will strike. Also Chizuru is having thoughts about Isana. That's basically all that's in this episode. :/
Mar 11, 2011 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
If everyone live powered by their dream… would someone driven by twisted nightmare like Iijima become a nice guy if the parasite got killed ? :D
Mar 11, 2011 5:13 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic tension-building episode. Still, there's so much remaining to get to a satisfactiry ending that I don't really understand how they will wrap it all up in three episodes...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 11, 2011 5:13 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic tension-building episode. Still, there's so much remaining to get to a satisfactiry ending that I don't really understand how they will wrap it all up in three episodes...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 11, 2011 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
Yumeji's two friends make an adorable couple. xD That was an interesting episode, at the rate this is going, 13 episodes seems to be a little too short.
Mar 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Sep 2009
Yumeji's two friends make an adorable couple. xD That was an interesting episode, at the rate this is going, 13 episodes seems to be a little too short.
Mar 11, 2011 5:28 PM

Jun 2010
I like how the anime goes in a different direction than the manga. Now i won't know what's going to happen. :)

I think that Chizuru is a good person, but I think it's just that her dream demon is bad or doing bad things just to get revenge.

Mar 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Jul 2008
choyos said:
I get the feeling that this anime is loosing momentum. The story is interesting but the way the episodes seem to be taking baby steps for the narration in comparison from the first couple.

I think that is a good way to describe it. Lately it takes me a few hours to watch the episode. I get bored by the pace and goof around online or go do something else for a while. It isn't bad, though.
Mar 11, 2011 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
nothing really happened .... again. I'm guessing it's somewhat of an anime only ending and that's why this is going so slow.
Mar 11, 2011 7:06 PM

Dec 2008
Chizuru's dream demon looks quite interesting!
Isana's dad is total WIN! He deserves more screen time! I think he knows what's truly going on.
Elcres looked nothing like what I expected.
Mar 11, 2011 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
some action the next episode xD

Mar 11, 2011 7:42 PM

Apr 2008
some action the next episode xD

Mar 11, 2011 8:54 PM

Jun 2009
The episode is sooo slow. I'm not amused.
Mar 11, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode, it`s setting for the last 2.
Mar 12, 2011 5:07 AM
Feb 2011
prismheart said:
Seems like they will just introduce Elcres and focus on the teacher guy this season. I would rather see an epic clash but it should still be good. They just better save Isana because she's one of my favorite characters this season along with Merry.

Yup, tottally sums up how I feel, I really do hope Isana will be fine
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mar 12, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I'm liking Isana much more than I expected
Nothing really happened though lol. I guess next episode'll be the fight
So is Kawanami on their side or not? I mean she did warn him, but I thought she was helping her Leon guy ... he looks pretty cool btw :P
The haiku guy and the other friend are so awesome lol XD Isana's dad is cool too, I think he might know what's happening? :O
Mar 12, 2011 2:33 PM

Aug 2010
Finally the boss showed up. Stlil... feeling bad for Isana would she lost her dream or not
Mar 12, 2011 2:34 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I'm liking Isana much more than I expected
Nothing really happened though lol. I guess next episode'll be the fight
So is Kawanami on their side or not? I mean she did warn him, but I thought she was helping her Leon guy ... he looks pretty cool btw :P
The haiku guy and the other friend are so awesome lol XD Isana's dad is cool too, I think he might know what's happening? :O

Sorry, hope this isn't a double post, stupid lag >_<
Mar 12, 2011 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
Blah! The backstory of Kawanami and Yumeji's burning passion were enough to keep me awake but nothing happened. Oh, well Isana drew a fishie X.x
Mar 12, 2011 9:16 PM

Nov 2010
Ugh, looks like a major battle is about to break out from many sides, exactly who will strike first cannot be determined but hopefully yumeji and merry and the rest do not lose their dreams.
Mar 12, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
This was a pretty insane episode with huge loads of information about Chizuru and her muma. Saki x Takateru moment was really nice to progress their relations as well as revealings about him with his relationship with his younger sister. Merry/Yumeji/Yui/Engi were terrific and Isana is still safe. The most crazy ass shit that really mind chilled me into fearsome villain is Phalos as in the following,

that guy as of this episode is more fucking bad than any other character in this whole series, in the whole anime I am sure he would rank in the Top 10.

About Phalos, the guy is completely insane and wants our world to turn it into his lala dream world 24/7. I don't fucking think so Phalos yet I don't think no one except Merry has a chance against him. His powers are over 9000. Poor girl and her muma looking really like a wimp being dragged in by Phalos. That may mean he can drag any muma with their vessel just as long as they are in the range. His first official appearance is like Satan coming in a brimstone of fire. Comes the most fucked part ever that people may have missed, while the girl is scared to shits with his looks, he burns her muma and even her if you look into the following spoiler
that means the girl has internal burnings of 3rd degree easily. This is serious bad villain shit. He does not give a rat's ass about a vessel much less about the muma unless they know who he is and give him respect. His facials in the following spoiler
are scary down to the bone. You do not want to fuck around with him nor with Treesea, although her appearance is less scary. In the end Phalos needs to be killed, even though I don't hate him and marvel at his looks, I cannot ignore the fact that a human got hurt by him really badly as if hearing the ambulance for most likely her and Yoshida.

About Chizuru, sad past really but her muma Lestine not only has my approval for his revenge on Treesea but is cool looking in his own way of a old gunslinger. At first it was obvious from the looks of Chizuru that she was worried about Isana. What go really interesting about her is when her muma Lestine is introduced in the spoiler
his face, stance and pointing his gun at Chizuru are all nice and cool! I loved them! He is a true gunslinger bad ass of the Wild West. I knew that from the looks of the metal grid it was supposed to be some kind of prison that his domain is yet I have no idea what is up in the spoiler
at the very least it looks like some kind of prison web in rainbow colors. I hope that the gun that requires muma sacrifices will kill Treesea in one shot! Now Chizuru's past is sad and tragic. A very good reason to hate money as what it did to Chizuru's family is not acceptable at all. Chizuru was really cute with her umbrella and face close ups in the spoiler
She looked really happy in her family picture and [url=]while holding both parents hands[/url] in which the one from the mom suggested a happy married family. That all changed in one spark as they committed suicide from the looks of where Chizuru was running around the roof of some building.

Although I don't understand what these doors with the red background mean other than a indication of instant death but what I do know is that it devastated and ruined Chizuru so much that among crowds she has no hopes nor dreams. She tried really hard at making friends and being friendly to teachers to no avail in positive results. Till she found Lestine she was pretty depressed while when she find him from the way she looks, she was in middle school possibly? It may look like it from her school uniform. Lovely fan service of her ass, black panties and partially her breasts in the spoiler
which suggest she got a great figure and decently sized breasts. Now I know why her bike and umbrella are shown in rain and sadness. Because she regrets her loss of happiness. Fuck you capitalism in glorifying money. In the end I hope she teams up with Yumeji.

About Isana Tachibana, she was so cute as kid in the spoiler
although Yumeji was pretty cool in imitating his favorite super hero, Isana's wound was pretty bad for s scrap on her knee but Yumeji was the man of men in carrying her on his back. It was pretty adorable the picture she drew when she was a kid, I loved her pose in the spoiler
Her father was pretty cool in grabbing her hand to stop her from entering Yumeji's room in his most frustrating moment of not being able to protect her from Treesea. Her father at that time had a pretty cool face expression. Isana was pretty nice with her wink at Yumeji and while she imagining her painting's form, IMO it could be a reflection of her muma of being a type of fish. The painting she drew shows this even more. She looked pretty happy about it and comes another pose with her tongue sticking out in the spoiler
as being a nice part I liked of her. In the end I hope she will be saved nicely by Merry and Yumeji in sending that muma of hers even though she might be against since it looks like it is giving her good painting inspirations.

Rest in spoiler
About preview, Isana has another nice pose. Looks like Treesea will be aggressive even though she does have a nice posture. What really caught my attention is that Yumeji looks to be in a bad position and the title being Dream Guardian. Now that looks promising as I assume that Yumeji is a dream guardian and Merry is his knight/warrior that does all his job. I hope it's either that or Merry herself is that dream guardian, which may be right considering all the keys she has, refer to my Hall of Fame for that part.
Yumekichi11Mar 13, 2011 1:52 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 13, 2011 5:01 AM

Apr 2010
This was a pretty interesting episode.
I liked it how Yumeji showed his concern for Isana by wrecking his room keeping Merry around Isana and even asking Engi and Chizuru for help.
It really shows how much he cares for her and how far he is willing to go to save her.
Yumeji was pretty quick to understand what Chizuru was talking about usually and i am under the impression that Isana's dad knows what's going on.
He is a very understanding man based on his behavior.

Last week i was under the impression that Treesea's vessel was Chizuru but as it turns out now she is the dream demon of the teacher which was really surprising.
Tho i did recall hearing Chizuru say the name Leon before tho i wasn't sure about that.
Chizuru's past is pretty sad her being always alone must have been hard for her if she even lost most of her emotions because of her past.
She may be emotionless but this doesn't mean she has to live in a complete dump drinking the same drink everyday.
I wonder what it was her dream demon is trying to achieve it sounded different from what the others are after.

I wonder who Elcles vessel is i would not be surprised if it's someone close to Yumeji and and Merry, for some reason i am suspecting Isana's father.
I also had my suspicions at Takateru but that girl that was attacked appeared to be his little sister and i doubt he would attack his own sister.
Speaking of Takateru he is a bit of a player with his way of making Saki laugh and telling her about his dream it was also pretty clear that she has feelings for him.

Isana's painting was pretty good and i think it reflects her personality which is always so kind and open minded.
I really hope nothing bad happens to her since she has such a interesting personality and she is a great character.
Mar 13, 2011 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. Not much has happened in the way of action, but the story is unfolding nicely. We've finally seen Elcres make an appearance and Kawanami got a nice backstory as well.

Isana's painting looked really good. No way Yumeji will let Treesea make some dream demon take away her dreams and desires of becoming a painter. Good to see Engi is on their side too.

Next episode is going to be the confrontation with Treesea! D:

Mar 13, 2011 5:12 PM

Feb 2011
The episode seemed slow. I have to say Chizuru's past was saddening. When I heard Yumeji throwing stuff around all that came to mind was "Wow!" I can't say that I didn't expect that from him but it shows how much he cares for Isana.
Mar 13, 2011 6:55 PM

Apr 2008
Aversa said:
I wonder what it was her dream demon is trying to achieve it sounded different from what the others are after.
More or less the same thing as what Engi want to do to Elcres.
Mistletain killed his girl or something.

Isana’s dad is like those bar masters in RP games, the NPC that seems to know every information from the whole world. XD
The best place to look for information and quests
Mar 14, 2011 6:00 PM

Apr 2009
HAHAHAHAHA Leon reminds me of Nobori.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2011 11:52 AM
Oct 2007
<3 Chizuru! I hope there's a second season for the series.
Mar 21, 2011 8:05 AM

Jul 2008
Loved the episode: great art, great atmosphere and good tension building.
The only thing I didn't like is how they handle the manga material... but then again, I guess they intend to introduce those characters and elements in S2 or something.
Mar 24, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2008
so we got some background on our lil' "emotionless" friend, & we got to see Heracles. That's all fine and good, but this whole episode really felt like an intermission. I've learned to enjoy this show just for what it is, but I still want things to pick up a bit.

That aside, this new muma Leon could be a valuable ally for Merry & Engi, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. I wonder where Merry & Yumeji's breakthrough will come from. It looks like they'll be running into Mistleteen soon so I hope it's next episode.

Mar 30, 2011 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was just awfully boring for me.
Apr 4, 2011 2:36 PM
Mar 2010
this episode is an introduction for climax of this series.... now we know Kawanami isn't elcres and her yume is Leon.... I think elcres is that blonde-hair boy....
even so Isana is so pretty, go yumeji, fight!!!!

next to 11th ep
Apr 5, 2011 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
The calm before the storm...
Dec 4, 2011 9:18 PM

Mar 2010
I was suprised that the action didn't take place this episode. I was kind of hoping for it. But, now that they've built it up even more, I have a lot more anticipation for the next episode. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 1, 2012 7:05 AM

May 2012
damn quite fucked up episode! well up to the last 3 episodes!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 20, 2011

98 by LucasM17 »»
Jun 7, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.