Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Alfreya has some sort of superiority complex...but seriously, he's merciless and didn't hold back.

Again someone like Kai, it looks like he wants to make a point. This was another battle for Kai and I guess this show really wants to test the limits of his abilities. Also, it seems the longer Reiren spends time with Kai, the more emotions she's showing this season lul
Aug 31, 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Kai going against Alfreya is a feat for a human against a god, and on the back of Reiren and Jeanne's support, manages to defeat his manipulated soul. But for the reason of world reincarnation to stem from hatred, plus with the prophet Sid's calling, it seems that Rinne's root cause goes deeper than they ever imagined.

For Rinne to not know her own race, and the celestial elven celestial village being closed once again but not before seeking a truce with the humans for having a representative to learn of what turned their former Great Elder this way, it's obviously Reiren who will follow Kai and the rest onto the dangerous venture. The path ahead, however, will test the humans against the other races and their spirits, especially against the Fang King Rath=IE.

Aside from subpar animation, the story being sped up its paces is starting to lose me...
Aug 31, 8:58 AM
Jun 2008
There's no way Project No. 9 will cram the remaining volumes into last 4 episodes.
Aug 31, 11:23 AM

Nov 2023
I just noticed that when they say "Last Riser" in this show, it sounds like they are saying "Rasterizer".
It's like the "Rasterizer" is coming to turn the vector graphics of the character in the anime into PIXELS!!!
(Why does that make more sense than it should?)
Aug 31, 11:46 AM
Jan 2024
Now we’ve seen all four heroes I find it interesting they all somewhat look human and what did the hero of mythical beasts mean when he said the spirits have one year left to live?
Aug 31, 12:50 PM
Oct 2022
Lord Alfreya thought that he is the most powerful leader of all races, but he was totally wrong. Kai managed to defeat him thanks to Sid’s sword and after Kai mentioned about Prophet Sid, he transformed into an evil version.

Only two leaders left? Who is going to win the War of The Five Races in this reincarnated world? Alfreya knew Sid too and said some words to him, but the world must come as it was before. Jeanne has some plans with Dante, but he’s very arrogant.

Reiren would be a big help for them.
Aug 31, 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
I feel like one thing that doesn’t get talked about enough in this show is the OST. That Jeanne and Reiren arrow pierce scene gave me chills holy shit. That said, little disappointed with how quick Alfreya and Kai fight was. Lasted like 60 seconds lol.. but we did get a lot of interesting worldbuilding and background info in this one!

So Sid entrusted Vanessa with his sword and Alfreya with a warning, I thought Sid would end up being Kai, but it looks like he’s quite a bit older in the flashbacks.. could still be a timeline paradox type thing going on but I’m really interested in what he meant by “hatred” is the cause of the world reincarnation. Hatred among the four races? Last episode Alfreya hinted that it was a human behind it.. but that seems crazy to want your own race to be nearly extinct

Jeanne childish side coming out by playing with Rinne’s wings was so cute. It’s funny how no matter what happens to the world timeline, people will always be who they’re meant to be in the end.

Truce between the celestials and humans and getting Reiren in the party is the best possible outcome. I can’t wait to see how this plays out, she stole my heart in the 3 eps since we’ve met her and I can tell she and Rinne will be a riot lol.

Props to Dante for actually being a decent leader for once. I was surprised to see him come up with such a competent strategy to unite the other rebel armies and even deferring to Jeanne when it comes to leading humanity.

So the Mythical Beast hero is going to be the key to all of this isn’t she? I’m really excited for next episode now. Wild cliffhanger
Marinate1016Aug 31, 1:25 PM
Aug 31, 1:31 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to KANLen09
Kai going against Alfreya is a feat for a human against a god, and on the back of Reiren and Jeanne's support, manages to defeat his manipulated soul. But for the reason of world reincarnation to stem from hatred, plus with the prophet Sid's calling, it seems that Rinne's root cause goes deeper than they ever imagined.

For Rinne to not know her own race, and the celestial elven celestial village being closed once again but not before seeking a truce with the humans for having a representative to learn of what turned their former Great Elder this way, it's obviously Reiren who will follow Kai and the rest onto the dangerous venture. The path ahead, however, will test the humans against the other races and their spirits, especially against the Fang King Rath=IE.

Aside from subpar animation, the story being sped up its paces is starting to lose me...
@KANLen09 The Curse of 12 Episodes strikes again. Alas, it will not change for us mere mortals.
Aug 31, 3:01 PM

Mar 2020
This story is a mess. Every time I watch an episode of this story, I think it's a catastrophic waste, because the basic pitch, episode 1, the scenario that was basically presented, it looked super interesting, but by this point, the animation is ruining everything, the rhythm is shit!

Am I the only one who thinks that this is totally a video game scenario that has been adapted into an anime? Is it?
Aug 31, 3:17 PM

Jun 2023
The scene with Kai rotating the guy’s body had me on the floor laughing lmao
Aug 31, 3:44 PM

Jun 2024
Glad it all worked out in the end and Alfreya came back to his senses.
Reiren definitely came in clutch there when she decided to do the right thing and help the humans.
This time all we got was a cryptic message instead of an item like the sword he got from Vanessa.
There is going to be a lot of funny moments going forward now that Reiren has been added to Kai's harem.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Aug 31, 4:46 PM
Jan 2009
This show doesn't seem to even care that it has completely abandoned internal consistency.

The code breaker sword, previously able to cut reality itself, now is reduced to just a regular sword which kai whacks against Alfreya's sword to no effect, while some random bow Jeanne looted in some border town is actually a super weapon which can be charged up to vaporize Alfreya, defeating him. If that's what the bow can do when an Elf is powering it, why don't we see that from all the other elves?
If Alfreya's sword can pass through barriers by instantly reforming after them, it should be able to pass through Kai's sword by breaking and then reforming on the other side while continuing the swing. They even spend episode time explaining this mechanic before deciding to ignore it. Why did they bother then? The explanation wasn't necessary if they weren't going to use it again.
For that matter, the episode seems to want us to feel that Alfreya is some sort of sympathetic figure that was merely mind controlled, and now is now worthy of respect as he dies, when in fact we know that he was a racist, genocidal asshole before being controlled and is a racist, genocidal asshole once it is removed.
That same logic goes for the elves, who the show seems to desperately want us to forget have essentially wiped out humanity and who see humanity as a lesser lifeform to be exterminated except that they happen to need humanity's help right now (they even said they would kill all of them, including Kai's party, if they left instead of agreeing to the contract...we just watched that happen!).

This show can't seem to decide what it wants to be. It has a story/worldbuilding that it set up, but every time that worldbuilding conflicts with generic anime tropes, they go with the anime tropes even if they make no sense in the show. Kai should have killed Rinne the moment he saw she had wings (which was his first instinct in that episode, but apparently got overruled by "oh look, a cute girl"). He should have either refused to help the elves and killed any that got in his way from recuing the human strike team, then let the angels and elves kill each other and then killed whoever won, or sided with the elves only long enough to kill the angels and then killed the elves. Instead, we have...whatever the hell this show is becoming, a show which tells us that humanity is at war with 4 races who have essentially wiped out/enslaved the entire human race, but who Kai keeps befriending every time he runs into a character with boobs. I get it, that's not where the story is going, but if the story doesn't work with the worldbuilding, then you should have written different worldbuilding. It's not like it wasn't under the control of the author.
amf85Aug 31, 4:53 PM
Aug 31, 4:54 PM

Dec 2018
The tropes totally distract from the premise, and we only get random clues every few episodes. Not liking the harem bait either.
Aug 31, 7:52 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Dude.....even the battle was completely destroyed.....this adaptation sucks in so many levels that i am asking myself how i did not drop this.
This battle alone in the manga takes a entire vol, there are MANY things that happen, characters that appear to help, and the scale of things is imense.
Just read chapter 29 to 31, if it was only the bad animation i would say that we were unluck, but this is straight up offensive.
Aug 31, 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
My weekly excuse to sit on my phone for 20 minutes at this point.
Aug 31, 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
REIREN, CAPTURED!
Heh, we finally have an elf in the party!

I definitely like that part where Jeanne tickled someone's wings to... 🤤

MC made it possible to defeat the angel hero without using his sword, but only his fists and techniques! Cool!—if not for the budget animation.
CrazyButNot4UAug 31, 10:52 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 31, 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
2nd hero goes down and now we officially have a harem....as if it wasn't getting generic enough. Does everything have to devolve into a harem?
Aug 31, 11:01 PM

Jul 2023
The battle felt anticlimatic and rushed. Good thing it's over and they can now focus on the other races.
Sep 1, 8:53 AM
May 2021
Soundtracks as OP as usual but i hope they will not rush it and end everything in S1 bruh 💀. They could have went for 24 episodes to finish the series with 6 episodes of each hero arc
Sep 1, 9:54 AM
Jun 2023
gorkthe134th said:
I just noticed that when they say "Last Riser" in this show, it sounds like they are saying "Rasterizer".
It's like the "Rasterizer" is coming to turn the vector graphics of the character in the anime into PIXELS!!!

In russian subtitles they call it Rasterizer. And I think it makes sense to call it that way.
I'm not familiar with the source material, so I don't know which one is correct.
Sep 1, 11:01 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to donslockz
gorkthe134th said:

In russian subtitles they call it Rasterizer. And I think it makes sense to call it that way.
I'm not familiar with the source material, so I don't know which one is correct.
@donslockz We basically know nothing about it, so I guess we'll have to wait and see which is correct.
"Rasterizer" sounds kind of edgy to me, but "Last Riser" could mean that it's the only thing left trying to defeat the human hero who attempts to genocide the other races, if they want go the route of "the good guys are actually the bad guys".
Sep 1, 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
Nice that they actually addressed Kai's bullets. I was wondering if he was ever going to run out
Sep 3, 3:23 AM

Oct 2017
Fight with Alfreya over and it's nice for them to be able to form a truce with them. Was hoping one of the mythicals will join the group, so happy to have Reiren accompanying. Will be fun to have her around. Jeanne got her weapon repaired and Kai got new supply of bullets. Looks like Dante has learned from his mistake as well. We finally got to see the the two remaining heroes and both are cute but looks like they are gonna fight among themselves.
Sep 3, 7:34 AM
Feb 2015
mal animado e chato
Sep 7, 7:55 AM

Dec 2021
At least Kai finally moved this episode lol.

One villain down, and it's already onto another eh.

More topics from this board

» Some questions about the world-building (possible spoilers)

RudeRedis - Oct 14

6 by Alex_baka04 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

55 by EMS-Kakashi »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

21 by Noegusis »»
Oct 13, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28

37 by Deru_021 »»
Oct 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27

38 by nanajp »»
Oct 11, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.