Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
These rivals against the main cast are almost like mirror reflections of themselves. I admit that it's a bit awkward although it also serves as a source of motivation for them.

Looks like Ouka and the others went with Halloween theme style outfits to serve the customers. Not a bad choice imo. Riho's commanding presence this episode makes an impression even though it did intimidate her rivals a bit.
Jul 18, 11:11 AM

Feb 2019
Well with all the money the old dude can afford to throw at his cafe to take down Familia, changes were always going to need to be made. Hayato and the girls did a great job of responding to adversity and updating the menu and other aspects of the cafe to make it more attractive! Plus, Riho was awesome in this episode

I like that Hayato isn’t afraid to put his foot down and say forget the past and his grandmother’s ownership, “I’m the owner now” 😭 the menu definitely did need a little sprucing up and I’m sure his grandmother would’ve not only been ok with it, but encouraged it. Shiragiku doing all this talk about Spanish food is crazy because I’ve been craving croquetas for the last couple weeks and am FINALLY getting some today. Those pinchos look good too though!

I thought the whole thing with Chiyoda and Riho was going to be a little case of payback since Chiyoda tried cooking Riho earlier in the episode saying that the cafe was on the verge of going under and she’d be back to being broke essentially, but turns out Riho actually felt bad for her and wanted to help out.

Riho won in the end anyway because Chiyoda tried using her idol clout to hurt familia and Riho proved that she’s the bigger star lmao. So many people flooded the shop when she was “found” on the news.

Also, what’s up with content creators this season leaving their streams on and blowing up as a result 😭 Awayuki, Masaki and now Chiyoda.

Great episode! Seems like the “beef” with the other cafe is already over or at least familia are up big time. Excited for next episode. So many good Riho and Hayato moments today too!
Marinate1016Jul 18, 11:17 AM
Jul 18, 11:14 AM

Mar 2021
The girls looked so cute in their Halloween costumes and the new menu items looked delicious.
Jul 18, 1:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Some dirty tactics that Fuwa's using. Changing a menu thats been there for such a long time's always gonna be hard. But its nice to see Giku find the courage to overcome her limits. The primavera though sure looked nice and reasonated well with Riho's heartfelt words. And showing well her determination to help the cafe and Hayato in the process. Damm amusing seeing Ririka reduced to pleading for customers to come to their cafe though. As was seeing her get put in her place by Riho's sudden ambush. Curious to see how Ririka and her friends would bounce back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 1:13 PM

Apr 2021
I so wish they would come out with an English dub already.

They talk so fast it is hard to follow what is going on.

Anyways, the show is fun.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 18, 1:59 PM

Mar 2024
I found Season 1 underwhelming and wasn't expecting much, but I feel like this show is improving.
Jul 18, 2:02 PM

Jan 2013
It's a decent little harem show and all, but the ecchi tends to feel nonexistent. I'll drop before I get bored of it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 18, 3:12 PM

Jan 2024
PINCHO! Ami is always a riot.
Jul 18, 4:20 PM

May 2019
The talk between Hayato and Kiku ended up being a success with Kiku getting the freedom to do what she wants rather than what she thought grandma would've wanted. Also, Ouka's halloween-themed outfits were really cute and well done. This goes to show that putting in effort and passion will work out in the end for them.

Side note, I didn't realize it at first but Riho knowingly gave an assist to Chiyoda with her stream being left on.
Jul 18, 5:40 PM

Jul 2022
In the end, the copies didn’t turn out to be much of a problem. It was obvious that no matter how much you invest in a business, if it's poorly managed, it will never thrive. Kiku stopped holding back and created a new dish for the menu, but the MVP of the episode was Riho, sacrificing her anonymity as a former actress and giving up the little fame she had left by playing the villain in Ririka's stream.

However, it doesn't matter because it seems that Hayato's harem will grow even more in the next episode."
Jul 18, 6:03 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
The talk between Hayato and Kiku ended up being a success with Kiku getting the freedom to do what she wants rather than what she thought grandma would've wanted. Also, Ouka's halloween-themed outfits were really cute and well done. This goes to show that putting in effort and passion will work out in the end for them.

Side note, I didn't realize it at first but Riho knowingly gave an assist to Chiyoda with her stream being left on.
@Alfredo-Sauce Yeah, I wondered at that. At first I thought it was an accident, but she knew it from the start.
Jul 18, 6:46 PM
Nov 2018
ejleon said:

I really doubt there will be an English dub for this one since season 1 still doesn't have one.
Jul 18, 7:01 PM

Apr 2021
Moppit said:
ejleon said:

I really doubt there will be an English dub for this one since season 1 still doesn't have one.

I see, well, I’m glad the Japanese voice actors sound good, but I’ll have to get use to pausing and rewinding to understand.

Or learn Japanese … 😅
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 18, 7:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Hell yeah, Halloween uniforms! It might not be time yet but it’s always Halloween in my heart, Ouka did a great job. And not only that, we also have an unrestricted Kiku making new and more interesting menu items, I understand why she’s been holding back all this time but this is now Hayato’s cafe, we can’t have that shit here lol, and of course I’m sure Hayato’s grandma would be all for the change. And last but not least, Riho also played a big role in bringing in more people, it’s unfortunate she had to reveal her child acting to do it but I definitely respect the move, she even went and turned it into an advance on Hayato, wanting him to make her his girlfriend, once again I really respect the play.

And on the rival cafe’s side of things, they had a boob bouncing opening to the episode with lots of customers, but with the comeback of Familia, the fact they are but a cheap imitation is showing and they became the ones sitting around with no one to serve. However, Riho actually went and put them back on the map when she went and made herself look bad when Ririka left her live stream on which I fucking knew was coming lol, at first I thought Riho fucked up but it was revealed that this was her intent from the start, Ririka definitely didn’t deserve the help but Riho did the right thing, I will admit I did start to feel a bit bad for Ririka too so I’m good with this.

Now I’m wondering what each cafe plans to do now, Riho’s stunt will definitely hurt the amount of business at Familia, and the rivals will probably start to shake things up now too, I’m definitely excited to see how, that next time preview shows some sexy promise.
Jul 18, 7:19 PM

Nov 2016
I'm dead

That's it? The other cafe barely put up a fight.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 7:51 PM

Nov 2021
Hayato is right and they should make the cafe their own thing if they want to succeed, as sad as it is to change grandma's old menu.

Riho almost became a villain at the end even though that other girl deserved that scolding. I'm kinda glad they're just letting it blow over and not doing some huge arc where she gets canceled or something.
Jul 18, 9:35 PM

Aug 2017
Extremely good episode in my opinion. Maybe the best one of both seasons so far. It really hit the mark from start to finish. Even Ami and dark Ami.

Looking forward to the rest very much.

Ego_Altar said:
I found Season 1 underwhelming and wasn't expecting much, but I feel like this show is improving.

Yep. It's a real improvement.

Marinate1016 said:
I like that Hayato isn’t afraid to put his foot down and say forget the past and his grandmother’s ownership, “I’m the owner now”

He's pulling off some great manly and tsundere moments this season. The ladies are lapping it up.
CarbonMDJul 18, 9:52 PM
Jul 18, 9:35 PM

Jul 2020
meh the first season was bad enough and this one is even worse; it's not ecchi, it's some boring hackneyed drama with occasional unfunny jokes
Jul 19, 2:58 AM

Jan 2023
Great episode for Riho who gets to help in a decisive manner both her boss's business and her rival.
She even manages to flirt a little with Hayato.
Hope we get more episodes like that :)
Jul 19, 4:01 AM

Jan 2024
Best Girl Riho finally got her time and she delivered big time.
Wih Shiragiku Primavera & Pinchos (Hayato let her cook good time) she rejuvenated Familia with her remaining clout also one upping Ririka showing who still has more following.
Still she went out of her way to help Ririka seeing her desperation. Giving her a hard scolding to get her psychi right and also helping her reputation by losing some of her own. I hope it doesn't bite her and familia later but looks like Family is already given up and joining the harem soon.

Also casually rizzed up Hayato.
Best girl fr fr.
New costumes were nice too well done Ouka.
Jul 19, 4:37 AM

Jun 2023
Surely the rival cafe has another plan? They were defeated very quickly.
Jul 19, 7:24 AM

Dec 2021
They're really trying to drive home the fact that these girls all have bigger breasts than the other girls aren't they lol.

Really dumb episode though, I mean, Riho legit shared the secret she's been keeping for so long now about being a past actress. Just for her to get herself basically cancelled at the the end...? It's decent character development yeah, but just why...

Also, art and animation was looking more shitty than usual jeez lol.

Jul 19, 7:27 AM

Aug 2022
Together they make the cafe better little by little.

It must be admitted that the girls did their job very well this time. Like Shiragiku who is willing to let go of her inhibitions about her cooking, then Riho too. Riho deserves a reward from Hayato for what she does for the cafe too.

So I thought this was a really good episode.

Jul 19, 9:42 AM
Mar 2015
The grils save the cafe
Jul 19, 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
MC makes Shiragiku understand she needs to grow beyond the bounds of copying what Sachiko did by having some originality if she wants to be a chef.
The girls' Halloween costumes are cute, and in a departure from her previous encounter with the media, Riho uses her background to attract customers away from the rival Café Restaurant Family.

Ririka forgot the turn of the stream, and now her fans know what's really going on, while Riho has nothing left to lose by saying those things to her, she's weeded out the proportion of Ririka's fan that would quit viewing her streams and shown which ones are loyal.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 19, 2:01 PM

Feb 2023
I like how they are exploring the pincho/chinpo dichotomy.
Jul 20, 2:51 AM

Jul 2017
Try as hard as the girls can do, case in point of Shiragiku trying to improve Hayato's grandmother's menu, it's no longer his grandmother that's running the café, it's Hayato himself. And Shiragiku limiting herself isn't the way to go, it's surpassing the standard that has stayed for the while. Tsukishima also wanting to help out through shopping produce, it has to be Family's idol Ririko Chiyoda who chides the child actor along the way, the harnessing power between social media and popularity, with new food and their Halloween outfit.

Between Shiragiku and Tsukishima's unique popularity to give Familia the turnaround they've been looking for, the rivals are suffering in the same fate because no matter what they do, the OGs just simply cannot be beaten. And amidst the trash talk, Tsukishima ending up helping Ririka boost her livestream to win customers from the usual forgetfulness, is also a good thing, since Hayato has always been looking after her the same way.

Welp, looks like Familia's gonna get a while lot busy on the commune side now.
Jul 20, 12:16 PM

Jun 2017
just when it turned for the good she had to do that lmao
Jul 21, 3:41 AM
Dec 2022
Cafe Familia fights back with a new menu and Halloween costumes. Plus a TV news brings lots of customers making the rival Family cafe empty. Riho is helping her kouhai as her stream wasn't shut off. What's next for cafe Familia?
Jul 21, 5:44 AM

Jul 2021
Dont forget that Riho is the second best girl
Jul 21, 2:25 PM
Nov 2022
I'm not getting off this boat!!!
#TeamRiho
Jul 22, 3:47 PM
Oct 2014
trying to get back into anime since the end of the winter season and I picked this as one of my fave animes , idc it's been my guilty pleasure since S1 it's so good so cute and I squeal every episode I really like that after only 3 episodes we've made alot of Backstory and some character progression. I DONT WANT SPOILERS but I so hope he ends up with either Riho or Akane , Ami is obvi to young , Kiku just doesn't vibe with me but ouka really made me go 🤔🤔 in the 1st episode but as of rn it's one of my blond girlie's ISTG THO IF HE SOMEHOW ENDS UP WITH ONE OF THE GIRLS FROM THE OTHER SHOP I'd probably have to demote this from a 9/10 to a 5/10
Jul 22, 3:49 PM
Oct 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Well with all the money the old dude can afford to throw at his cafe to take down Familia, changes were always going to need to be made. Hayato and the girls did a great job of responding to adversity and updating the menu and other aspects of the cafe to make it more attractive! Plus, Riho was awesome in this episode

I like that Hayato isn’t afraid to put his foot down and say forget the past and his grandmother’s ownership, “I’m the owner now” 😭 the menu definitely did need a little sprucing up and I’m sure his grandmother would’ve not only been ok with it, but encouraged it. Shiragiku doing all this talk about Spanish food is crazy because I’ve been craving croquetas for the last couple weeks and am FINALLY getting some today. Those pinchos look good too though!

I thought the whole thing with Chiyoda and Riho was going to be a little case of payback since Chiyoda tried cooking Riho earlier in the episode saying that the cafe was on the verge of going under and she’d be back to being broke essentially, but turns out Riho actually felt bad for her and wanted to help out.

Riho won in the end anyway because Chiyoda tried using her idol clout to hurt familia and Riho proved that she’s the bigger star lmao. So many people flooded the shop when she was “found” on the news.

Also, what’s up with content creators this season leaving their streams on and blowing up as a result 😭 Awayuki, Masaki and now Chiyoda.

Great episode! Seems like the “beef” with the other cafe is already over or at least familia are up big time. Excited for next episode. So many good Riho and Hayato moments today too!

I'm getting back into anime and finally starting the summer season , I'm assuming the 3 shows u mentioned was this one the VTuber one and what other anime where they 4get to shut down their stream?
Jul 23, 1:29 AM

Jun 2021
Tha main characters strike back and it's very satisfying to watch. Halloween costumes are cool, the new prepared food is interesting (and Hayato had some really good words with Shiragiku even if the "chains" sequence wasn't needed) and then Riho takes up the spotlight (again) to make the business famous by television.

Yeah, it's not that surprising to see the rivals suddenly struggling after the opening hype, they look 100% aware they're in it just for the money and for a dirty revenge thing, they also ordered take-away food from the very competitors. And all the live streaming going on part... Damn. Excepted Hayato to be furious, but he wasn't, on the opposite, he kept a brave face on it and it wasn't a easy thing to handle at all.

Previews suggest some possible plot finishing sooner than expected. As much as it seems still unrealistic, if the old creep is already going to be dropped off the map of this show i will be soooo happy.
Jul 25, 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Well I mean... at least the Brazilian girl provided some fanservice this episode, aside from that it was pretty dry. Seems like they solved the problem with the new cafe already?
Jul 29, 4:38 PM

Sep 2023
It was a pretty good episode story wise but it's definitively lacking in the Ecchi department.
Aug 8, 8:18 AM

May 2020
Well yeah, so much for rivalry lol. Though not like the other cafe even tried. Can't wait to see that old man bawling his eyes out again xD
Aug 13, 11:52 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The war only started in the last episode but a counter-attack has already been launched thanks to everyone unlocking their hidden, true potential- especially Riho. Heck the counter-attack was even too strong that they got too busy and had to counter-attack THEMSELVES and give some business back to their competition. And said competition seemed like they were able to pick up on Riho's true intentions... how will the war then fare from here on out? Maybe a balance will be struck, because it already feels like said war will come to an end soon, who knows.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Aug 29, 2:39 AM

Apr 2021
They almost went bankrupt. Hayato knows what he's doing, he's not afraid and encouraged Shiragiku to continue. Riho also did a good job of not going bankrupt, having a lot of fans.
Sep 5, 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
Great work from Shiragiku, those pinchos looks really pretty. Been waiting to see it in the anime. Riho did great too and even helped out that bratty junior even taking a hit on her reputation. She didn't have to go that far to help her but she's nice like that. Sweet moment with Hayato.
Sep 5, 8:49 AM

Feb 2021
Ririka is probably one of my favorite recent roles by Taketatsu Ayana. She plays a lot of character with harsh tone (she also did back then like Kirino), but Ririka reminds me of her Kiss x Sis and K-ON days as Azunyan which are the reasons why I like her performance so much.

Very refreshing.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 27, 1:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nah Riho is way too kind lol she first exposed her true identity to boost their café's popularity and then ruined it out of pity for the other girls who lost all their clients, well I guess it will be back to their initial situation now
Oct 3, 11:07 PM

Jul 2023
Suddenly, this show acquires some substance. That we should adapt to the times.

Riho is also winning.
Oct 11, 9:31 PM

Jan 2017
Goddamnit Riho you coulda just leave the copycats alone

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

77 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 14, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12

48 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

60 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 9, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 8, 4:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.