Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 7:52 PM

Jan 2016
As much as they tried to make me up my rating, I'm staying strong with my 8/10 overall.
This anime is so sweet, and soon enough they will be father and son (in-laws) I'm sure.
I never thought I would see the day I would recommend a media that basically glorified and advertised drug use for the audience to join in. Joker actually got a 6/10 from me instead of 8/10 due to the the blatant smoking advertisement the movie largely was. This anime however, no special issue, while still annoyed, just like with the smokers and with the method of ice breaking that basically is stabbing yourself.

This episode gets a 5/5. MC redeemed himself, saving a life of someone who otherwise likely was going to kill himself. Owner and MC have a good relationship and played ball. Happy ending outside of the drug use.

This anime inspired me to try harder in any hospitality work I do (I do delivery & rideshare, and have done short-term room rentals, foster parenting, customer service and other volunteer work in the communities). I do a good job and shows with repeat clients and 5/5 star reviews, but Ryuu is well above me. Due to my disability, I likely can't even try, as can barely work at all, but still inspiring. You know, just because this had so many things I should hate, but loved it so much and inspired me, I'll upgrade to 9/10.

Wish everyone the best, don't do drugs, and if you [adults] do, try to be as safe and responsible with it as possible. <3

Jun 20, 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
So they didn't take Ryu out of Eden Hall.
They brought Eden Hall to the hotel.

Which is a nice sentiment, but he won't get the same kind of clients because of where it is.

The first round of drinks are all done.
Will there be a second round? We will have to wait and see.
Jun 21, 6:23 AM

Jul 2023
At least Ryu accepted the offer, but still no romance between him and Miwa.

These past two episodes are god tier. The insert music with the English lyrics can rival the ed of the og anime.

Speaking of which, I do hope you guys consider watching the 2006 adaptation. It's different enough from this 2024 version that the experience would be complementary.
patkarununganJun 21, 3:03 PM
Jun 21, 6:30 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to LotteGiants
Honestly, I think I would've liked the show more if it was just Ryu serving a cool cocktail to a random guest every episode, lol. I like the start of the show a lot more than the middle and end and the Chen episodes especially I just didn't like at all. I think a "cocktail of the week" show would probably also have run out of steam after about 6 episodes so they needed to do something more character-based but I think this show is rather mediocre for the effort.
@LotteGiants That's what they did actually with the 2006 adaptation. I like the vibe of that one better.
Jun 21, 7:06 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
With reminiscense of his past trauma Ryu was able to overcome it and save the writer from his block and from committing a great deal of damage. It was truly the anticipated Glass of God to which followed a soothing and emotional sequence of catch ball and the anticipated opening of the new Edenhall.

All in all I liked this series. It was interesting to hear tales about a variety of tales related to beverages I'm familiar with even if they are not entirely accurate. Sure, Ryu can be preachy and all high and mighty but I believe that one can forgive that and let the feelings kick in once you get to put down those tales into reality. The highlight of the show? Obviously the ice sound effect.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 21, 7:18 AM
May 2022
The vibe was so cool and calming!
This was a nice episode to end this anime. Seeing all the characters in the new place for Eden Hall made my heart warm.
Jun 21, 8:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Such a relaxing and chill series. Enjoyed it from start to finish.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 9:22 AM
Feb 2014
Reply to lingojk
might become an alcoholic after this
@lingojk too late for me🍷🍸🍾🍹🥂🥴
Jun 21, 9:28 AM
Feb 2014
I hope for season 2, nice relaxing vibes, if season 2 maybe 💝 between Ryu and Miwa, time to drink 🍾🍷🍸🥃🍹🥂🥴
Jun 21, 9:46 AM

Feb 2024
Nowhere as good as the manga but it was an enjoyable watch.
Jun 21, 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
i can't believe i tear up a little in the end ç.ç

This series was very special and i liked how everything resolved.
Jun 21, 11:40 PM
Apr 2020
5/10 just a mid show, nothing special, animation low, story boring, characters not likable
Jun 22, 3:03 AM

Nov 2022
Beautiful anime, and indeed I also teared up a bit in the end... ;)

May Eden Hall and Ryu live a good life
Jun 23, 1:08 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I didn´t like the final, It seems rushed and with a very singular and simplistic "suggestion."
kekeke
Jun 24, 9:11 PM

Aug 2014
Well I had higher expectations than this..
boring anime, but well same as boring is adult life.. but their life was ultra boring ;d
The ending was nice that he "saved" someone thinking about suicide, but I doubt it was really that and I totally disagree with what he was talking about living... same as he spout nonsense almost each episode.. that is why 6/10

OP was not bad and fitting for this anime, ED maybe too.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 26, 8:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sasakura-san finally attained the Kami no Glass via saving a customer's life, that's a beautiful conclusion!

Something about adult life somber stories hits the spot for me and this was right up there on that void. No one's perfect, and it was nice to see how confronting with each other helped unearth a part of themselves and helped them recover in some of their own battles. Kurushima-san's father message to her grandfather stood out for me but the novelist here was fantastic too. Higuchi-san finding out Kurushima-san's connection with the kaichou was a nice addition, I thought she'd known by now already. Hayase-san and Kimishima-san's little budding romance tale was great as well, would've preferred some confirmation on the final result there (although it's already clear what direction it was heading to considering he decided to not go for the overseas business trip) but oh well, that would go against the style of the show, I suppose.

7.5/10. Going to miss the characters simple and genuine interactions, and the theme songs too, of course.

I'll definitely check out the previous adaption someday when I forget the content of this story in the near future and want to revisit it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 26, 9:20 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to _MushiRock11_
Sasakura-san finally attained the Kami no Glass via saving a customer's life, that's a beautiful conclusion!

Something about adult life somber stories hits the spot for me and this was right up there on that void. No one's perfect, and it was nice to see how confronting with each other helped unearth a part of themselves and helped them recover in some of their own battles. Kurushima-san's father message to her grandfather stood out for me but the novelist here was fantastic too. Higuchi-san finding out Kurushima-san's connection with the kaichou was a nice addition, I thought she'd known by now already. Hayase-san and Kimishima-san's little budding romance tale was great as well, would've preferred some confirmation on the final result there (although it's already clear what direction it was heading to considering he decided to not go for the overseas business trip) but oh well, that would go against the style of the show, I suppose.

7.5/10. Going to miss the characters simple and genuine interactions, and the theme songs too, of course.

I'll definitely check out the previous adaption someday when I forget the content of this story in the near future and want to revisit it!
@_MushiRock11_

You can do that if you want, but it's not necessary to forget the story of 2024. 2006 and 2024 differ in execution. 2024 has a semblance of a plot from episode 1 to 12, where the goal is 1) create the kami no glass, 2) get Ryuu working for Miwa's family's hotel. 2006 is episodic. You can literally randomise the list of episodes to watch in 2006, say watch ep 5, then ep 1, then ep 8 etc and not get lost. Like a monster of the week anime, it's mostly a customer's problem of the week and bartender Ryuu will offer a drink or drinks that soothe their soul.

Do you remember part 2 of episode 11 where Ryuu has to search for the wine Miwa had broken? It's in episode 2 of 2006.

2024 complements 2006 really well and vice versa.
Jul 2, 1:29 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Andrete
@Pokitaru Swallow by Oreo Reona
@Andrete Thank you!!, I have been searching for this info as well!
Jul 4, 10:40 AM
Sep 2017
Satisfying!!!
Man this anime is very relaxing, yet it got give you so much to ponder to. Not to mention, adding knowledge to cocktails is so interesting!
Jul 5, 2:49 PM

Jul 2016
Not a fan of Edenhall leaving its little corner in Ginza but other than that, lovely finale to conclude an overall wonderful remake.
I still think the OG version features a better execution of that relaxing/soothing atmosphere but that said, this new adaptation alongside its direction still managed to make me feel immersed enough with each story.

8/10 - Might rewatch the 2006 version in the near future.
Jul 7, 11:36 AM
Mar 2021
This anime started out good and ended as well. No complaints here...
Jul 9, 9:17 PM

Feb 2014
Except for this last episode, the other last episodes were kinda boring. The 1st half was specially nice.

In general, I think it´s a good anime. Nothing more, nothing less. It feels like a slow.. mature slice of life anime.

I think I will go with 7/10

And before I forget...
Jul 11, 11:13 AM
Feb 2022
i could never abuse alcohol
I LOVE ALCOHOL
Jul 15, 12:59 PM
Dec 2022
ending was pretty good for the show ig
gotta watch the original one soon
series chill af to watch
Aug 10, 1:40 AM
Jan 2021
Watched both versions and they are both good but I prefer the 2024 version a bit more. In the 2006 version, the story revolves around the bar and focuses much on the characters and their interactions on Sasakura, I liked the narrative style about discussing their feelings over the matter.

Meanwhile, what I loved to the 2024 version more is that it give Sasakura more personality and we could see more of his character, like going outside from the bars, getting criticized for his drink. I also liked other characters that weren't introduced in the 2006 version.

I will miss this anime and it really taught us philosophy about life.

One of the underrated anime of this year 8/10
Aug 20, 5:26 AM
Dec 2022
The final episode. Nice wrap-up. We see the opening of Hotel Cardinal's counter bar aptly named Edenhall with the same old sign from the place. Hayase and Rumi did get together. We see a group of faces coming to the bar to enjoy drinks made by Ryu. An underrated anime of the year for sure.
Aug 27, 6:52 AM
Jun 2024
very spiritually pleasing
Sep 4, 1:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And now Sasakura can free his mind from his past since he "saved" that author from suicide and fixed his mind, which was good, also finally he accepted the proposition to work for Kurushima, that's a good stopping point :)
Sep 27, 9:25 AM
Aug 2024
Breath of fresh air
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

37 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Oct 9, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

46 by DaddyMoon »»
Sep 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15

52 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 3, 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.