Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 27, 6:48 PM
Dec 2022
This anime is a true hidden gem
Apr 29, 4:21 AM

Apr 2015
I've never seen an idol enjou happen over... allegedly punching someone? So that was jarring.
Two thirds of them over dating, the rest for ura aka/in-fighting, drugs, personality issues, minor crimes...
Apr 29, 5:19 PM

Dec 2021
Okay, heading into this season, this was one I was curious about, especially since it's an original series. But after the first episode, it's definitely shaping up to be a dark horse of the season. The visuals and aesthetic are stunning, but then again, it's Doga Koba, so no surprises there.

Mahiru and Kano make for an intriguing pair with great chemistry between them. You've got Mahiru, who adores art but gave it up to avoid judgment. Then there's Kano, who lost everything due to a scandal but kept going because of her love for what she does. It seems like these two complement each other perfectly, especially with that final scene.

May 3, 10:55 AM

Jul 2016
I love the color palette of this show so far, with the lights depicting Shibuya at night. Mahiru and Kano both look like they have a lot they are dealing with, but I'm sure their team will work out. Mahiru's Jellyfish mural is so pretty to look at!
May 3, 2:50 PM

Mar 2010
Felt random, and plot is kinda meh, idk how this will unfold and thats what i'm curious about.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 11:34 AM

Jun 2023
Am totally excited to learn more about each of the girls. Kano's backstory seems like it will be critical to the story, as we've already gotten insight into Mahiru's.
May 12, 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
Well this was a good first episode.
May 13, 1:55 PM

Apr 2017
Wow. That made me cry. I can relate to struggling artists so much T_T

A good start to the series, Mahiru has almost immediately become my favorite character just from that one episode alone. I don't think she's average, being able to draw something like that at such a young age shows that she has a talent. I'm looking forward to their interactions together ^^
Cool beauty, world class genius, unbeatable charm!

I'm unstoppable!
May 14, 2:14 AM
Apr 2014
Loved the subtleties.
May 18, 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
One of the best first episodes I've seen in a while.
May 25, 6:10 PM
Dec 2022
Such a surprise for me
Jun 17, 2:31 AM
Jun 2024
The anime made for people who are like me without hope and who don't think they're good at anything, I loved it
Plus: This anime reminds me a lot of Oshi no Ko
Jun 20, 2:30 AM
Mar 2024
It was a decent start to an anime
Jun 25, 3:45 AM
Aug 2023
very visually appealing art style and colors. a fated encounter between Mahiru and Kano with some backstory and fanservice. will be an interesting watch
Jun 26, 3:39 AM

Apr 2023
Animovie vibes, let's see!
Jun 26, 7:16 PM
May 2024
Saw a lot of hype around this show so have decided to give it a go, not sure if I'm sold on the drama aspect with Mahiru's character but at least the visuals look decent. I'm guessing the cast of characters will grow on you throughout the show, but given it's only 12 episodes am not expecting too much...
Jun 28, 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
As alway with Doga kobo, i kneel
Jul 10, 3:48 AM
Mar 2024
fell in love with this anime from just the first two episodes
Jul 10, 4:57 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, an amazing first episode. What a combination. What a premise. What emotion. What nuance and understanding. I'm honestly impressed.
Jul 26, 2:02 PM
Mar 2021
What on earth is with the little sister trying to sexually exploit her older sister right from the start?! The fuck kinda show is this?!
Jul 26, 7:40 PM

Jul 2023
It's a good start. Started a bit dull but ended with a bang. The friendship between Yoru and Jelee is strong, and god knows what it might entail.

Hope it's good as people say it is.
Aug 2, 2:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Hot off finishing Girls Band Cry, I’m back in Spring 2024 once again to hit another music anime I missed out on, and I’ve heard lots of good things about it, as well as not so good things, but this first episode was quite the banger I gotta say. First, I gotta mention that this show started by honoring the great holiday of Halloween, and even featured the girls dressing up for the occasion, that already wins a Halloween lover like me over just for that reason lol, the costumes on our two mains were very cute. And speaking of Kano and Mahiru, they seem like quite the fun duo so far, they had that serious moment which could have spelled the end for them this soon, but thankfully they met up again later at that mural for a great acoustic performance with some beautiful visuals, that’s how you end an episode 1.

I also gotta say that I wasn’t expecting the fanservice we got here, this definitely has the CGDCT vibes going pretty hard but wow Doga Kobo really blessed us with some of those shots lol, I appreciate it. And comparing this to Girls Band Cry, so far the only similarities are the music theme and the fact Kano is a former member of a popular music group, but there may be even more similarities as we go because I saw quite a bit of comparisons between the two shows as I watched GBC. This looks like it’s gonna be a great one tho, definitely looking forward to the rest.
Aug 2, 3:07 PM
Aug 2020
good animation, horrible script
Aug 15, 10:47 PM

Dec 2023
Tagged as drama yet people will complain about drama.
Aug 19, 7:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting start I mean if they manage to mix making music and drawing it would be original
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.