Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2022 4:29 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2022 4:32 AM
Sep 2019
RIP Kuroe!!! 😭😭😭
Apr 3, 2022 9:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Indeed the actions of Magius are one's that not even Kyubey is able to rationalize. Its interesting in that despite Kyubey locking the girls within the roles he still see's it as a small price to pay. It is sad that their time together was so brief but in the end Ui reminded Iroha the values that Iroha had to live by. Still Kuroe's backstory did well to show how easy it was for girls unsuited for combat could end up being dragged into a world where they can't survive unless they adapt. Its sad but that girl most likely would have died or turned into a witch. But that event really created a large sense of negativity that ended up creating the doppel within Kuroe. Overall a decent ep that tried hard to convey on Touka and Nemu's goals while bringing Iroha back into the fight. The interactions with Kuroe though felt a bit rushed though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2022 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Kuroe and Iroha, just as Ui told her to lend her hand to someone and she had to put Kuroe out of her misery.
Apr 3, 2022 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
I forgot I'm watching Mahou shoujo! 1 episode left and 3 deaths already (of familiar characters). How will this end...?
Apr 3, 2022 3:48 PM

Feb 2021
I want to note the crunchy translation of the text in the ending credits is really bad and clearly lacks the context of the rest of madomagi (in general official translation for magireco has been incredibly awkward and a prime example of why writer involvement is needed and the race to the bottom serves to hurt art)

this part was one of my favourite bits because it plays, harshly, into the series's general thesis on the dangers of reckless idealism in the forms of things like justice and righteousness, and how we need to live with a sense of self-preservation to continue to be there for others without destroying ourselves

official

and this is my take going from the japanese
Apr 4, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, one episode left and 3 magical girls are already dead. Now if only said girls were relevant enough for me to feel anything...
Apr 4, 2022 6:56 PM

May 2017
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
I forgot I'm watching Mahou shoujo! 1 episode left and 3 deaths already (of familiar characters). How will this end...?

not well. that's my prediction
Apr 6, 2022 11:14 AM

May 2018
Goodbye Kuroe. Well if she survives then I hope she wears some shoes xD
Apr 6, 2022 11:10 PM

Jan 2017
Kuroe's witch transformation feels so abrupt, goodbye to another one I guess? (It's hard to feel anything for the Magia Record cast when their characterization/development is so rushed)
Apr 7, 2022 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
Way too much kyuubey monologue -_-

They should have given Alina more spotlight instead.

There it is: Broken Promise! Told you to not believe her Lie Iroha
Rip Kuroe i wished for your happiness T_T

But that's definitely what i expect from the Madoka Verse and was wondering when (or even if it at this point) would happen. But here it is: 3 Deaths in 2 episodes already... They sure waited for the Dark part until the very end for the Spinoff,
whereas the Original series didn't waste any time at all starting right from the beginning and getting Darker and Darker with every Episode.

At least there was a sweet but short reunion with UI for Iroha but that's mostlikely all Iroha will get...
DelusionalUzumeApr 7, 2022 7:33 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
Eh, Kyubey, your respect towards magical girls is very egocentristic and relative, really.. You don't listen to magical girls at all - to what they want.. Or you wouldn't be telling again and again "oops, I forgot to mention you turn into witches, trivial thing, haha".. You don't listen to what is important to them.. You just do whatever you think is important to them, and call it respect?.. Well, your respect as I called it, yeah.. Why Kyubey likes to fool himself, though?.. Listening to him apologizing his thoughts and actions again and again is like listening to whining, to be honest..
Kuroe's story is sad.. Being magical girls is fighting for your life to survive.. It's hard.. Not everyone wants to constantly live like this.. And also not only worry for yourself, but also for other magical girls as well.. Isn't death.. Relief?..
Liked this episode more than 2 before, because we had more focus on one character in particular.. On Kuroe.. Madoka series really works better, when it focuses on characters.. Rather than some systems.. But that's my personal feel and preference..
Apr 22, 2022 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
Embryo Eve is causing a lot of injuries and possibly deaths. Ordinary people can't seem to see it? Since only explosions are mentioned in the news.

and the guilt is eating away Kuroe sanity. Hopefully, she can still be saved by Iroha.
Sep 5, 2022 12:31 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Woah.... Ui sacrificed herself to save Iroha. Kuroe turned into a witch, Iroha sure has a hard time this episode. I really like the message that what is deemed justice depends on when you live and what the values are then. Definitely something we do need to hear, whether we want to or not. Because while we may think we're doing the right thing now, 100 years from now they could look at us and consider us the greatest evil to ever be alive. This show sure knows how to hit. If only the previous season was this good...
Dec 13, 2022 8:13 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know why, but Kuroe's backstory was quite painful to watch. I don't blame her for looking out for herself, especially when she's not that strong herself, but I totally get the amount of self-hatred she piled on herself after meeting that other girl. Meeting some so pathetic (not in a negative way, just weak and helpless) and choosing not to help her would make me feel terrible as well.
Jan 22, 2023 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
All this talk about sacrifice from Kyubey is kinda meaningless considering his race get 0 harm and it's only the humans that suffers.
Feb 16, 2:06 PM
Apr 2017
I'm just going to say that this episode made me angry. Pissed of. Annoyed. And now a character that I started to enjoy / like got treated like that?? Yeah, I migh be the only one who disliked this certain episode way more than others have but I cannot help it, it is what it is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2022

20 by Spiele_maus »»
Jul 31, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

90 by Biisoo »»
Apr 29, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 1 Discussion

22 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 1:05 PM

» End credits scene confusion

redpanda_42 - Oct 7, 2023

3 by Mybussycindyitsb »»
Oct 9, 2023 6:59 PM

» Homura's magic

LeonLanford - Apr 24, 2022

3 by LeonLanford »»
Apr 25, 2022 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.