Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2021 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see some peace and happiness around the household after all their intense battles recently. Looks like the girls are getting into the holiday spirits with New Years approaching.

Seeing Yuuna's raw human emtions erupt in that other world is scary. Almost feels like she's a different character.
Oct 29, 2021 11:42 AM

Apr 2017
So we NoWaYu now? I'm really confused with the switching time- and storylines, going back and forth between events we already know about and stuff that hadn't been adapted yet. And I like it.

For now it seems like this season is a collection of other stories that haven't been told yet instead of the usual coherent story in one season. Looking forward to see if this will be the only other story apart from KuMeYu (which may or may not have been adapted completely, I haven't read the novel) or if we'll get a third one.

Also, I really hope someone creates a new infographic at the end of the season, just because it seems like such a mess that it'll be funny to see.
Oct 29, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2020
Great episode once again, although I'm also a little confused with all these different timelines.

Yuuna was a total badass in this episode. That battle scene was very intense.

Poor girls.

SerafosJun 16, 9:55 PM
Oct 29, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
Pain... This is a pain. Watching those girls suffer was a pain. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Welcome, Nogi Wakaba. So, it looks like that we will get both KuMeYu and NoWaYu in this season.

btw, I really want to play the Hero club board game.
ไฝ•ใใ‚Œ๏ผŸๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใชใ„
Oct 29, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
Wow. If I remember correctly they are now adding in the past of the first heroes that came before all others who followed. Like wow. So as many people say. This is being played in between the season 2 of Yuki yuna is a hero or so possibly.
Oct 29, 2021 1:47 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know who you are, but for everyone that decided to adapt NoWaYu in this speedrun fest... FUCK YOU !!!

They speedrun chapter 1 to 14 in 14 fucking minutes, and the worst part? They only use early chapters as short flashback, and next episode will be about Chikage!!!

At first I thought they will adapt NoWaYu with 7 or 8 still rushed episode, but NO !!! They will adapt NoWaYu in 4 fucking episodes like KuMeYu (whch take less hit because KuMeYu is shorter than NoWaYu by half). The fucking audacity!!!

Before anyone call me fake fans or hater, you can check my manga and novel list to see how much I love NoWaYu. If I must choose no adaptation or rushed to speedrun level adaptation, I would gladly take the no option.

This is really disgusting.
Oct 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2017
Yuvensius said:
I don't know who you are, but for everyone that decided to adapt NoWaYu in this speedrun fest... FUCK YOU !!!

They speedrun chapter 1 to 14 in 14 fucking minutes, and the worst part? They only use early chapters as short flashback, and next episode will be about Chikage!!!

At first I thought they will adapt NoWaYu with 7 or 8 still rushed episode, but NO !!! They will adapt NoWaYu in 4 fucking episodes like KuMeYu (whch take less hit because KuMeYu is shorter than NoWaYu by half). The fucking audacity!!!

Before anyone call me fake fans or hater, you can check my manga and novel list to see how much I love NoWaYu. If I must choose no adaptation or rushed to speedrun level adaptation, I would gladly take the no option.

As an anime only with not knowledge of how thing will go past NoWaYu, what makes you think they'll only give it 4 episodes? What is so important for the last few to only adapt nowayu in 4 episodes? i mean YuYuYu's story is already finished and there's no need for anything past yuusha no shou
Oct 29, 2021 2:49 PM
Oct 2017
It's less that there's stuff after NoWaYu to cover and more that there's not really enough NoWaYu to adapt it in more than 4 episodes, since they're starting from over halfway through the story. The only content after NoWaYu are some NoWaYu short stories that I imagine they'll adapt afterwards for the last 4 episodes.
Oct 29, 2021 3:19 PM

Feb 2017
Meowpixel said:
It's less that there's stuff after NoWaYu to cover and more that there's not really enough NoWaYu to adapt it in more than 4 episodes, since they're starting from over halfway through the story. The only content after NoWaYu are some NoWaYu short stories that I imagine they'll adapt afterwards for the last 4 episodes.

Even as an anime only, the fact that the skipped half of the story is annoying AF.
Oct 29, 2021 3:55 PM

Jul 2015
If things will keep going this way and they keep that pacing we'll have an asspull ending yet again.
Shit is already happening out of nowhere and for no reason.
PieromyslOct 29, 2021 4:00 PM

Oct 29, 2021 4:37 PM
Oct 2017
tottoja said:

Even as an anime only, the fact that the skipped half of the story is annoying AF.

Yeah I can imagine. KuMeYu cuts a surprising amount from the source material, but I still think that it's a fairly good watch despite that.

It's just really sad that they're starting from this point in NoWaYu. It's my favourite of YuYuYu and it's just sad to see it get adapted like this. I'd really recommend reading a translation of it if you ever get the time.
Oct 29, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2015
Are they seriously speedrunning NoWaYu? The most tragic story from this franchise? I mean, I like the parts they animated, the emotions are well delivered, but to me who has read the LN.
I seriously hope, they will still make a NoWaYu movie or another season purely focused on it. It's not that long, totally doable in one season or less.

Actually I'm getting more confused about what this season is trying to do. So far we are basically getting summaries of the other stories from Yuusha franchise. Are they actually going for some grand finale where everyone will be revived and live a happy life?

Are they also going to adapt ShiUYu in this season? And the mobile games? I really think these stories deserve better. They made WaSuYu (didn't read so can't judge the adaptation quality) so why can't they make the others normally?
Oct 29, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2017
GODDAMNIT DON'T TREAT THE NOWAYUS LIKE THIS, why would you rush as all hell to adapt the most tragic batch of heroes of the series?!?

The first red flag is them rearranging events to show off Tamako's and Anzu's death first, but then they just skipped over to Chikage's arc while not even developing the former duo???

I was fine with the subpar KuMeYu adaptation but if NoWaYu gets worse treatment that's where I draw the line
Oct 29, 2021 6:50 PM

Sep 2016
Yuvensius said:

I'm not a big fan, but reading this makes me very sad.
Oct 29, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
well this felt like the darkest this series has been sad hearing they are speedruning the old heroes was starting to think this interesting lore dump of some throw away heroes but started to get more important and impact still work with how short it was but they already spoiled the death of two of them

and now i am very confused on who Yuuna is and who our Yuuna is what is the timeline of the current heroes all that stuff only happened in 2015
Oct 29, 2021 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
The fights were definitely more fatal back then. Even so, being a hero during Yuki's time is rough in it's own way. With the whole losing memories and senses. Getting more info on how this all started out is interesting. Will we get to see more? I wonder what event made them change from the usual 2000's to being in the 300s.

Yuna's ancestor? The diary being censored. What else could the Taisha be hiding? So many questions. (โ—Ž_โ—Ž;)? I'm afraid they won't have time to explore it all in 7 more episodes. Probably should go read the novels.
hai_X_isOct 29, 2021 7:32 PM
Oct 29, 2021 7:54 PM

Jun 2021
So I'm guessing NoWaYu for episodes 5-7 and maybe anime original for 8-12?

Oct 29, 2021 10:24 PM

Dec 2015
Ln reader be malding.
Why even bother adapting nowayu like this...
Prob Filler+ past heroes ch, then end it like previous season kek
Oct 30, 2021 12:28 AM
Sep 2019
I don't understand shit about this sequel. I guess they just milking this anime
Oct 30, 2021 1:13 AM

Nov 2015
gnomeu said:
Yuvensius said:

I'm not a big fan, but reading this makes me very sad.

I don't have any hopes left for this season, I also don't care whatever they want to do with episode 9-12 anymore. Maybe Yuusha no Shou remake? Another side story rushed to oblivion?
In the end even if a few good episodes appear, these are not enough to carry an entire season man.
Oct 30, 2021 1:25 AM

Nov 2015
GurenNoOu said:
I don't understand shit about this sequel. I guess they just milking this anime

As if the Japanese fans want a rushed or shit product.
Do you remember Classroom of The Elite? Do you know why this one don't have season 2 yet?
Yeah, the anime apparently changed way too much (they also switch the best girl screentime with another girl) up to the point that most of the LN readers boycott anything related to the anime version.

I won't be surprised if Japanese NoWaYu readers also do this. Maybe they will, maybe not.
Oct 30, 2021 1:33 AM

Nov 2015
Exeterna said:
Ln reader be malding.

Whoa, looks like I managed find another GFL players huh?
Hopefully our upcoming adaptation won't be tortured like this.

Back to topic, I think either they don't have any patience like the fans to wait another few years to adapt this properly, or maybe they think NoWaYu is just another wannabe side story not worth a full season.
Oct 30, 2021 2:06 AM

Nov 2015
tottoja said:
Yuvensius said:

As an anime only with not knowledge of how thing will go past NoWaYu, what makes you think they'll only give it 4 episodes? What is so important for the last few to only adapt nowayu in 4 episodes? i mean YuYuYu's story is already finished and there's no need for anything past yuusha no shou

"what makes you think they'll only give it 4 episodes?"
Next episode focus is about Chikage (black haired girl), which mean episode 7&8 will focus on Wakaba, Yuuna, and Hinata. With only ~6,5 chapters left (They skip so much this episode bruh), only 3 episodes left for NoWaYu is pretty logical.

"What is so important for the last few to only adapt nowayu in 4 episodes?"
I don't know what they will do with episode 9-12, but I have a few guess. More Yuuna and friends story in the form of Yuusha no Shou remake, filler, or recap, or side story adaptation of Utano and other Yuusha outside Shikoku that fight alone for 3 years before Wakaba turn to fight. Remake, fillers, or recap of Yuusha no Shou seems like a stupid way to end a season.

At this point, even great episode 12 can't carry the entire season as a whole... KuMeYu is decent, NoWaYu is disaster, episode 9-11 responsibility as episode 12 buildup is just too big and heavy for just 3 episodes.
Oct 30, 2021 4:20 AM

Oct 2007
Sonoka is good at acting, now they can know more about the true story, using the old book.

truly a horrifying experience for the first generation of heroes.

those ungrateful people don't deserve to be protected.

Oct 30, 2021 7:26 AM

Dec 2015
Yuvensius said:
Exeterna said:
Ln reader be malding.

Back to topic, I think either they don't have any patience like the fans to wait another few years to adapt this properly, or maybe they think NoWaYu is just another wannabe side story not worth a full season.

gfljust adapting early ch, cant fuck up that bad ig when theres nothing to begin with, anyway i'll still see how this (yuyuyu) ends....
Oct 30, 2021 10:50 AM

Apr 2021
I gotta be honest, this has shockingly poor pacing. I've never read the source material but the switching between what seems like a lot of different stories is not helping. The narration is a very lazy way to deliver information. I would have preferred if they just focused on the Sentinels since it seemed to just end where it got interesting. I'll probably finish the season on the hope that it all comes together at the end, but that is probably naïve since YuYuYu has a history of poorly written endings.
Oct 30, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2015
Exeterna said:
Yuvensius said:

gfljust adapting early ch, cant fuck up that bad ig when theres nothing to begin with, anyway i'll still see how this (yuyuyu) ends....

I think they will either go for the decent ending no one asked, or happy ending with many plot holes... you know, the usual one (Except WaSuYu, this miracle is somehow the only great anime adaptation in the entire franchise we have so far).
Oct 31, 2021 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
OMG OMG OMG! i'm getting godlike masterpiece MONACA OST neir automata music vibes!!
is this already the NoWaYu!?!?!?!? OOOMMMGGGGG!!!!!
5/5!

Nov 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Feb 2016
Yuvensius said:
Before anyone call me fake fans or hater

Even an idiot can tell that 4 episodes is not enough for adapting 2 volumes.

Kahirama said:
They made WaSuYu (didn't read so can't judge the adaptation quality)

That's the 1 novel I read. The anime was basically perfect, and I expected the same from this year's installment.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Nov 1, 2021 9:56 PM
Aug 2019
At least this will finally motivate me to read the NoWaYu LN lol. I liked the episode though, Yuuna's seiyuu was so good here...

I'm an anime only so I don't really have many complains, but I hope that someday NoWaYu gets adapted properly! It seems like an amazing LN
Nov 1, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2012
I'm just here to say I'm an anime only who loves this episode and this anime so far but would also love to see NoWaYu adapted properly. I actually took it upon myself to read the manga and I would really like to see it adapted into an anime properly.
Nov 2, 2021 2:35 AM

Feb 2019
Oh, I get it, so this season is basically all the side stories wrapped together and (with varying success) summarised.

Judging by the format, especially with NoWaYu taken at a much faster rate than KuMeYu, there might even be time to do one more afterward. Maybe Apocrypha, or ShiUYa?
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 2, 2021 3:53 AM

Apr 2015
Lucifrost said:

Kahirama said:
They made WaSuYu (didn't read so can't judge the adaptation quality)

That's the 1 novel I read. The anime was basically perfect, and I expected the same from this year's installment.

I would recommend reading NoWaYu, it was my first ever light novel, it's short and better than what we got in this anime. Actually, even the manga is a better adaptation.

But as I said, I still hope for a better adaptation, WaSuYu has even three movies, why can't they give NoWaYu some love too?
Nov 2, 2021 11:31 AM
Mar 2018
Dang, hopefully in the future they can fully adapt the other stories and such. I don't know why they would choose to do it this way and not give proper time and pacing for adapting those novels since they're seemingly not as time crunched as other studios. Especially with the first two seasons how great of a job they did with them. It's definitely one of my favorite series and its kinda disheartening that they're rushing through the stories. And it's not like they pawned it off to some other production team and studio to rush out a new season last minute plus they've always had plenty of time between their previous projects so I wonder why such decisions were made with this. I'm still able to mostly enjoy it for what it is but it's definitely a great way to ruin and kill off such a great series. At least what this season has going for it is that it's still the same studio, music, and cast plus the OP is such a beautiful song and the ED is a very nice song too.
Nov 5, 2021 4:05 AM
May 2016
NoWaYu getting butchered beyond butchering. Anime-only people miss out on the impact of the prequel, the great story telling, and the characterisation. LN readers at least know the context behind everything, but we expected better. Honestly not sure what to expect from here now.

Takashima Yuuna's scene looked great, but it doesn't do any justice to the rest of the story, and all the reasoning behind why that happened fell really flat in the anime we got...
Sep 22, 2022 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
January 5th. Year 301.
Hero record.
AD 2015, July.
2018, September.
WTF! Yuuna's ancestor?
Dem comments.
Takashima Yuuna?
Several months later.
Dem deaths.
Holy shit!
Dat blood.
Dem introductions.
Dat sparring.
Punched her in the oppai. lol
Dem comments.
Yuuna is awake.
Chikage is pissed.
Dat ending.

What an episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

32 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 16, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2021

33 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 15, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

49 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 1, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Schlimm - Oct 22, 2021

21 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

25 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:20 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.