Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Winne is a witch and she knows a lot about magic so her being a mentor to Sally isn't too surprising. Plus, I think learning some magic could help Sally a lot in the long run.

They put quite a bit of responsibilty on Winnie's shoulders this episode. It's too bad she and her friends also had to deal with some unfriendly characters in that forest.
Sep 9, 2021 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
In the anime, you see Winnie the witch 1st without understanding why she's there, but in the chronological order with this and next week's final episodes, you'll understand her involvement.

This is the episode that we get Winnie's formal introduction, and that Sally's request to get stronger, with Winnie to teach her magic and Hawthorn on sword skills after what happened in the decimation of the Kingdom of Rimdarl by the demons. Indeed, Winnie knows all about the demi-humans, but from Sally, requires persistence, perseverance, and a million's worth of payment that thanks to her history with Frau, is done with acceptance of credit.

The best way to test Sally is with a sealed Tree Oni (Juki) laying dormant in the forest, ignited from both the chief elve and reptilian. And also, nun Sister Millia (better known as Hatsuki a.k.a Hair Oni, a servant of Sumeragi) also makes her introduction as a demon first (before the anime's Episode 3 foreshadowing her joining with Mikoto as a human), and Mikoto encounters Sumeragi for the very first time.

Everyoone unites against the demons, and I already saw the episode chronologically, so I know what to expect.

Time to get that final review ready...and HOO BOY have I alot to say about the adaptation of this source material.
Sep 9, 2021 8:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Winnie really wants that money... but at least thanks to Frau she can wait for it xD Hatsuki's hair ability is kinda interesting but that big tree ogre kinda looks like the final boss (at least for the anime) lol she wants all of them to make peace... probably not gonna happen soon xD
Sep 9, 2021 8:08 AM
Apr 2014
They translated 300 years as 3 years (since Winnie and Frau last met).

At least they were only off by 297 years :P
Sep 9, 2021 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
I don't understand Meki.
Sep 9, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
With the introduction of Winnie the Witch, Hatsuki and the death of that one-eyed ogre, this episode should air earlier than this. 😠
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 9, 2021 9:07 AM

Jul 2020
Mikoto aboslutely overkilling the high ogre was the highlight of this episode, the 'training' was kinda lacklustre, winnie seems broken though
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 9, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2020
Teah winne is a nice witch but she want 100 million gold haha she is strong i see.
Well sally has so much magic that was crazy when you see the difference between hawthorn.

Hatsuki aka hair demon an a giant tree that’s get interesting.
Mikoto eazy kills this demon.
HiroyasuSep 9, 2021 9:33 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 9, 2021 9:57 AM

Sep 2015
TheToad said:
They translated 300 years as 3 years (since Winnie and Frau last met).

At least they were only off by 297 years :P

Ohhh, I was wondering how exactly is "3 years" considered "old friends", but that explains it.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 9, 2021 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
Ok I’m so lost now man idk why they’d air this shit out of order like this. I’m glad we finally get some info about Winnie and more chance to know her since she’s so cute, but this would’ve made much more sense to air before she saved hawthorne.

What was the point of the airing order v chronological order shuffle? With one ep to go, I’m not sure where this series is going anymore
Sep 9, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2015
Finally an episode where we properly meet Winnie (✿´‿`)

Sep 9, 2021 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
This episodes makes me check who is the music composer. Surprisingly this is only his third work, with previous two being short anime. So this is his first full-length anime work.
Sep 9, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2016
giving a 4 now cause i fucking hate sally for the whole "peace for everyone despite you ogres killing all us human" bullshit. And we never get to see her go into her killing form.
fucking lame.
Sep 9, 2021 1:05 PM

Mar 2021
seems like im going to have to rewatch the series when it is fully aired because this chronological mess is too hard to understand for me to be honest, it was fine up until episode 10 but at this point it is just messing with my head
Sep 9, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2011
So Hawthorn knew that Carrot ogre name was Meki and just ignored, making the fight against thunder ogre a lot more harder than it should be, and kinda avoidable.
Sep 9, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
This was the moment I looked forward to the most and they made me wait till the 11th on air episode to finally animate Winnie's real introduction and her glorious cleavage. Easily best part of the episode, she's simply amazing and a feast to the eyes.

Personally I don't like this episode as previous episodes in this shuffled broadcast already ruined the outcome of the events happening now. I've said it before, but this on air order is just making this show look atrocious with all the jumping around, while in all honestly it's not really that bad. Next week this will all end though and thank fuck for that.
Sep 9, 2021 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
We all know how Sally's idea of peace will end. lmao
Sep 9, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2021
Man HOW inconsistent are Sally's powers? I know they for whatever reason didn't work against the scheming guy(I'd love to know why) but why didn't they Activate with the hair chick? Also Mikoto is SUCH a beast, that was so badass. But did he get played by that Hair Ogre?? Maybe I'm misremembering stuff because Sally looks a lot like her to me, and the timeline being weird but weren't those two traveling together??? And I thought she lost her powers or something happened that made Mikoto willing to be around her. I hope I'm not totally misremembering stuff. Also, that ending theme is dope. How is this show going to end! And does the series have any chance of a S2 after people being thrown off by the timeline and some by the name of the Anime(some of my friends wouldn't watch it because of the name lol)
Sep 9, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2021
MomoSinX said:
We all know how Sally's idea of peace will end. lmao

Seriously, I honestly thought there was a chance, BUT when she wanted to make peace with the Tree thing that was ALL about killing, I knew it was going to go sideways. I want her to be less naive, but hopefully she doesn't go full dark or into complete dispair.
Sep 9, 2021 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
the plot was very quirky is good this time there were some scenes that were really cool, nivos Character is had a good appearance and also everyone is strong, Sally's determination was good in the final minutes of the episode, I hope the episode is good.
Sep 9, 2021 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Still hate the order and hate it even more now with the Late introduction Of Winnie. She's fucking hot and should have been in the series from the beginning or AT LEAST EPISODE 6ish

God the show had potential and this non-sense order actually ruined it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 9, 2021 5:55 PM

Jul 2015
Sally is literally the worst character of 2021.
A repulsive, sociopathic Mary Sue, who is virtue signalling and pretending to care for her own sick and twisted desire of self gratification.
Obviously, it's all ebcsue she never had to face any hardship due to her upbringings and doesn't have a leg to stand on like those who actually had to suffer because of ogres.

Sep 9, 2021 7:04 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Winnie is really cute lol. She adds a lot to the series but it's a shame we didn't really get to see Sally's full training since it got interrupted.

Hopefully the final episode will be good

Sep 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Jan 2018
We should have more Peach boy screentime and less of that Mc girl
Sep 9, 2021 8:41 PM
Apr 2021
As I like the concept of exploring racism, this show doesn't understand subtlety and it's way too heavy handed. Even if it was aired in order this is an incredibly 6/10 anime.

That said the awful airdate order hurts my brain.
Sep 9, 2021 11:52 PM
Nov 2018
DKDiabloLicht said:
Maybe I'm misremembering stuff because Sally looks a lot like her to me, and the timeline being weird but weren't those two traveling together??? And I thought she lost her powers or something happened that made Mikoto willing to be around her. I hope I'm not totally misremembering stuff.

No you're not misremembering. But as far as I understand this plays before Mikoto and that girl travel together. In one of her memories in a previous episode that tree and Sally were shown indicating that she lost her powers because of Sally.
Sep 10, 2021 12:20 AM
Jul 2021
Izayoi1661 said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
Maybe I'm misremembering stuff because Sally looks a lot like her to me, and the timeline being weird but weren't those two traveling together??? And I thought she lost her powers or something happened that made Mikoto willing to be around her. I hope I'm not totally misremembering stuff.

No you're not misremembering. But as far as I understand this plays before Mikoto and that girl travel together. In one of her memories in a previous episode that tree and Sally were shown indicating that she lost her powers because of Sally.

Ohhhhh... Damn I really wish we could have gotten stuff in order, I know plenty of stuff do out of order fine but I really feel like at least I would have enjoyed it better if at least more of it was straight through. After it's over I'm going to have to try looking up a 'watch order' and see how it is that way.. Also F it's only got ONE more episode. I know plenty of great shows are fine with 12 episodes but I really wish more great Anime were at least 15-20
Sep 10, 2021 2:01 AM
Dec 2020
Sally is such a bad character imo thinking peace will come so easily if they all just “talk it out” how naive. The fact that she looks like “one of those characters” is even more pissing that anything else. I literally just hate her if only mikoto would just kill her off smh
Sep 10, 2021 2:57 AM

Aug 2008
I can easily believe the only reason for shuffled episode order is an attempt to obscure how tediously bland this show is. Rooting the series in Momotaro story turned out to have absolutely no meaning and every character and plot point is the most basic thing you find on the checklist for shounen show aimed at 10 years old. Oh yes, they threw in some blood splats and decapitations for edgy points and gave the usual dumb MC really tight pants and big tits for horny points. It's probably the biggest disappointment of this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 10, 2021 2:57 AM

Oct 2016
The irony, Hatsuki was mocking Carrot for hanging around with humans when she's gonna end up exactly like her lmao. Pretty good episode, Winnie is good for the eyes. So, that's how Sumeragi and Mikoto first met, not a very peaceful impression. An ogre that wiped out an entire kingdom easily was decapitated just like that, Mikoto goat. I doubt Sally's peaceful negotiations will work. If it doesn't work, it's time to get peace with the power of force. Looking forward to the last episode.
Sep 10, 2021 5:15 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
The episode was okay. But i really disliked the end with Sally yelling out to make peace with everyone, felt kinda off and forced idk.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 10, 2021 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
winnie is a such cute and hot girl !!

Sep 10, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2018
More screentime for Winnie and hey, I don't mind that. Her design is just over the top and incredibly beautiful. Sally wants to learn magic and she's pretty capable of doing so. It even scared Carrot lol. Thanks to Frau, Sally managed to get magic lessons from Winnie. Old friends with favors always works. But before that, it's time to fight the Tree Oni and the Hair one who was actually with Mikito. And funniest part is how that one Oni got resurrected but died in a second again LOL.
Mikito's one hell of a badass..
But once again, Sally has to ruin everything with her ideals. But hey, that's her character I guess.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 10, 2021 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
Sally said "make peace"...i mean what!? is she INSANE!? omg such facepalm!
damn! Mikoto slain that high ogre! no pain for that!
4/5.

Sep 11, 2021 3:11 AM

Aug 2019
looks like we are reaching some intense levels of talk no jutsu with that ending, honestly I am going to need to rewatch this show in chronological order since this broadcast order was horrendous
Sep 12, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2020
I hope to see Sally in action in the next episode. I'm really curious what he will do if he intervenes and if those eyes appear.
Sep 12, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
Huh, the crazy mix of episodes, I don't know where to put that one in the timeline.
Lol, I thought Sally had some fighting skills by default, but it's just her other self.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2015
Ignoring her age, Winnie the witch do be waifu material. Elves and lizardfolk working together definitely seems like a strange combo especially when trying to defeat Tree and Hairy there.

Jul 27, 2022 6:46 AM

Jun 2021
Finally we get to the Arc that should've released before the Tournament Arc.. and this Arc should've introduced Winnie the Witch, Berett the Trap, the Tree Demon and Millia(the Hair Demon aka Hatsuki) for us instead of the previous episodes.
Sep 16, 2023 3:15 PM

Dec 2022
Winnie is great. Can't go wrong with hot forest witches.

That's a hell of a situation to try and make peace of as well. Sally is quite the idealist. Let's see if it pays off.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.