Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2020 7:35 AM

Jan 2019
Cute story. For me best episode so far. :)
Mar 4, 2020 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
Another sad storytelling.
And it makes us humans more like ignorant monsters as well.
5/5.

Mar 4, 2020 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
while i hate how they wanted to kill the witch girl, after living with her and after she saved the human girl... but the truth is, humans burned lots of people just because they thought they were witches... so you can't say "oh the author is stupid and anti-human"

one example of this is the only french person i'll probably ever like, Jeanne D'Arc, who was burnt after leading the army into multiple victories when they were in a badposition... and after hundreds of years they finally crowned her as a saint... what was the excuse of her death? saying "she heard the voice of God" or something like that?
winddevil1Mar 4, 2020 6:59 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 4, 2020 9:54 AM
Jan 2018
People look way to much into this, it dosnt have a ani humen message it has two sides to the same story

Humens and the other spieces are both victims depending on the way you look at it ,

And we aren't saints anyways, we still discriminate just like in the anime
Mattinator95Mar 4, 2020 10:08 AM
Mar 5, 2020 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Damn this was a really touching episode.
Mar 6, 2020 1:46 AM

May 2015
People here saying that the humans portrayed in this show act brainless don't seem to fully understand the terror and grotesque that other species cause them.
Mar 7, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
Humans suck....no ways around it.
Mar 14, 2020 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
Full credit to Somali at the end keeping her emotions in check because I sure did shed some tears. On the plus side the flash back golem looked a lot like our current golem without the white armour breaking away. There may be hope yet!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 26, 2020 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
It's a good thing that this anime doesn't shy away from showing us the nasty side of human nature.

History has proven that we can be even worse.

Emotional episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2020 6:54 AM
Feb 2016
If people think that what the humans did this episode was "unrealistic" then you don't know your history. Humans have done worse in real life.
Apr 1, 2020 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
Feodora's backstory is just an opposite and less tragic version of Haitora's backstory. Sadly, this time it had no impact on me. the butterflies at the end were awesome.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 3, 2020 9:42 PM

May 2013
Humans are either likable or not hahhah X) we can be so cool or be the plague ^^"
Jun 5, 2020 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
So it seems Somali's dad is not the only oddball golem out there.
The fear of the unknown is not helping the humans.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 31, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2019
Well, that was depressing. Totally thought that the golem and the little girl in the preview was our golem and the head librarian, but I guess I was wrong.

It seems that dragon thing came to the island by mistake. That was a brutal way to kill it... and the children too...

When Miya fell and Feodora flew to save her, that was really emotional. I was hoping the humans would see her and question their beliefs, but I guess old habits die hard especially after they've become adults. At least that change in Miya was hopeful.

I wonder why they can live well enough with that golem, but not with other 'monsters'. And I wonder why that golem also used the same language as the humans, calling Feodora a grotesque. It is my assumption that since Golems have no emotion and do not harbour hatred, that the Golem knew Feodora would be saved and that his first priority was to ensure the survival of the humans. I guess that's why he kept them isolated.

As we saw and what we knew from what happened afterwards, humans and monsters were not yet able to find common ground.

Glad that the witches harbour no hatred for humans.
Aug 18, 2020 7:44 PM
Jul 2017
Damn, this show makes me wanna hate humans so bad but then I remember Haitora’s back story and how his peaceful village was pillaged by “the grotesques.” Both the “grotesques” and the humans have their fair share of bad apples. This show is actually kinda dark and I thought it was gonna be a calm slice of life show but it does have pretty dark moments. Kinda like Made in Abyss though I think this show is a more toned down on the darkness and violence.
Aug 31, 2020 12:07 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit humans I really thought maybe there was something more to the conflict but apparently not by the looks of it. Why you so cowardly and trying to kill the unkown... quite the sad end to the Horaiso story but good thing there was at least Miya who still saw Feodora as a friend.

Nov 13, 2020 7:06 PM

Jun 2007
> one small village of Humans doing something "bad"
> Comment section: It's perfectly fine to kill every human and eat their flesh

lmao the people watching this show are hilarious.

Also they didn't kill the Dragon thingy in a particular bad way.
It was ridiculously huge and apparently no villager had a Bankai to kill it in a flash.
So they used what they had.

Also everyone whining about the humans being evil has to realise that the only reason Somali is alive is because the monsters think it's one of them.
Perhaps this show needs a "what if" episode in which Somali is just torn apart and eaten alive to bring everyone back to reality.
Jan 6, 2021 12:50 AM
Sep 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
This chapter, i felt like i was insulted for being a human, and called a coward species

You are joking, right?
Mar 5, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2018
Idk I think everyone in this anime is evil. Humans are evil sometimes and sometimes they are victims of evil.

Apr 3, 2021 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
new lets say the conspiracy is real about UFO's and gov hides truth (it hypothetical or how to call it) some ppl say why would they well the answer is in this anime but sure this anime took it to the extremes but maybe not but still we are not much different then that in real life well at-least the ones that come out with ridiculous explanations (and i have heard dumb SH what has opposite effects makes ppl more believe its ET what make that look more plausible) instead of saying i don't know it shows that either consciously or subconsciously they are sacred of the possibility that it mite be true and when u drow truth at their face they loose their minds like in this anime

Tyon said:

It was ridiculously huge and apparently no villager had a Bankai to kill it in a flash.

Also everyone whining about the humans being evil has to realise that the only reason Somali is alive is because the monsters think it's one of them.
Perhaps this show needs a "what if" episode in which Somali is just torn apart and eaten alive to bring everyone back to reality.

yea, there is evil on both sides and this anime takes it to the extremes lol

Sugram22Apr 3, 2021 9:52 AM
Apr 7, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2020
What a sad story. Humans are the worst.
Aug 22, 2021 10:41 PM

May 2019
fogger said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
This chapter, i felt like i was insulted for being a human, and called a coward species

You are joking, right?

No, he is not, and he has already a rock in his hand, oh no.

Tyon said:

The irony is delicious when we realize that we are here reading real absurd comments, from real people, who just watched a fantasy anime.

So, are we denying or confirming something about how we people are?

Amatniki said:
Idk I think everyone in this anime is evil. Humans are evil sometimes and sometimes they are victims of evil.

And sometimes we are wholesome good and nice, all together.

Lol, one stupid user in the 1st page complained about how cringe the "villagers were, turning into literal NAZIS in an instant"

So, he must think that Nazis were not real people, had not a peaceful relation among themselves, and at the same time refused to approve a government who decided to exterminate large groups of other people.

Uff, thanks, i was scared, it is impossible to real people to be like this.

Rob7Aug 23, 2021 11:29 AM
Sep 18, 2021 7:39 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, this show seriously is so fucked up. Every time I think stuff will be good, awful stuff happens. I know humans can be pretty bad, but the ones in this world are the WORST.
Feb 6, 2022 7:18 AM
Jun 2017
Swagernator said:
Where to even start ...

I get it, mangaka is trying to push the message that we all can get along even tho we different, but the execution of that is plain stupid. Totally over the top reactions of humans who at the first site of non humans flip their personalities into these brain dead literal nazis who hate everything non human. I cringe hard.

Seriously, was the mangaka bullied in school ?

No, you idiot. These humans are all just allegories, used to convey the general behaviour of this particular human society. He is not trying some rushed up individual development. All species encounters are different types of short metaphors. Its done on purpose, so that the story is short and dynamic.

This one is not your run of the mill anime which spoon feeds you all the details and general themes. Whats ridiculous is your fav list. A lot of those animes are exactly like this, with lots of hidden meanings behind metaphors and allegories. You probably didnt get half of the meaning of those shows either...

And that dumb remark about bullying at the end... Ugh... I hope you grew a little during these past years.
Feb 6, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
Aplope said:
Swagernator said:
Where to even start ...

I get it, mangaka is trying to push the message that we all can get along even tho we different, but the execution of that is plain stupid. Totally over the top reactions of humans who at the first site of non humans flip their personalities into these brain dead literal nazis who hate everything non human. I cringe hard.

Seriously, was the mangaka bullied in school ?

No, you idiot. These humans are all just allegories, used to convey the general behaviour of this particular human society. He is not trying some rushed up individual development. All species encounters are different types of short metaphors. Its done on purpose, so that the story is short and dynamic.

This one is not your run of the mill anime which spoon feeds you all the details and general themes. Whats ridiculous is your fav list. A lot of those animes are exactly like this, with lots of hidden meanings behind metaphors and allegories. You probably didnt get half of the meaning of those shows either...

And that dumb remark about bullying at the end... Ugh... I hope you grew a little during these past years.

Dude, you literally like 17 years old. Go home.
Mar 10, 2023 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
Eh, the cartoonishly evil mob was just annoying to watch, not a good episode.
You all need to watch Nami.

May 16, 2023 1:32 AM

Oct 2022
It's interesting to note how the anime is portraying humans. They lack empathy towards another race and are completely savage towards them. Maybe it's due to the fear of the creatures since in the previous episode the monsters killed the people residing in the village, yet in this episode the monster is pleading them to stop. The entire show keeps going back and forth between the two narratives and I hope they are able to clear it up.
Oct 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
That was wholesome. Its sad though that no one is better than the over, the problems behind the fact that they're just afraid of the unknown. Somali would realize now that she doesn't necessarily have to live with humans to be peaceful
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

114 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.