Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it was Jagi that pushed Shin over the edge. I always thought Shin was never truly evil and you can tell that Jagi was far weaker than him.

From this point on I predict a Dragonball-style of consecutive epic fights against stronger and stronger opponents who practice Hokuto Shin-ken or Nanto Sei-ken ^_^
Oct 10, 2010 3:06 PM

Sep 2007
Such a douche. Man, the potential Jagi could have had if he had trained to fight honestly and really learned both North and South Star style. Oh well, that was one epic finish.
Mar 3, 2012 12:04 AM

Mar 2011
That was an awesome episode. I really liked when Jagi grabbed the shotgun and pointed it at his own face.

This episode really highlights how dark and depraved our hero Kenshiro really is. He tortured Jagi just to make him feel extreme pain before he executed him.

Mar 30, 2012 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Can you blame Ken for it? Every single significant bad thing to happen to him was caused by Jagi.
Most badass episode yet. Goddamn. But yeah, I know he'll probably have to defeat his other two brothers too, but I'd like to see them end up like Rei, where you'd think they'd fight and there's a bunch of cool stuff, but don't actually.

Oh man, and and another thing, they didn't say how Jagi got those scars! It's probably pretty obvious, but thinking about it now, Jagi was the one who abducted Ailee. Damn, that's cool. Do they outwardly mention that?
Sep 28, 2012 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
brucescrews said:
He tortured Jagi just to make him feel extreme pain before he executed him.
And what a righteous, well-deserved death it was!
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Oct 14, 2012 9:46 PM

Jun 2010
Zell182 said:
So it was Jagi that pushed Shin over the edge. I always thought Shin was never truly evil and you can tell that Jagi was far weaker than him.

Sure he was evil; look at the suffering he inflicted because of his ego. Rather, he actually had some complexity, which leaves him little company in this series.

brucescrews said:
This episode really highlights how dark and depraved our hero Kenshiro really is. He tortured Jagi just to make him feel extreme pain before he executed him.

He's been that way since the beginning of the series. His "you will die in X seconds" thing is very, very cruel, especially since he frequently demonstrates the power to kill relatively quickly.
Jan 10, 2013 5:39 AM

Jun 2008
As expected he wasn't much of a challenge. He couldn't even compare to Ken when they were training so why would he be any better now?
He was just a fool that couldn't see that he had no chance at winning.

So the other brothers are evil too? Why are all his brothers bad? Or do they just feel they were wronged and they should have been the successors.
Jun 4, 2013 8:40 PM
May 2013
From what my mate said, Jagi and Amiba are hilarious together in the manga. In the anime it doesn't show too much. Also, Jagi was a tool. I had a feeling a few episodes back that Shin wasn't too bad of a guy, because he truly loved Yuria; he didn't dictate her, but just tried to win her love, genuinely. Moments before Shin's death, I think you could actually see who he really was! Great episode, episode 32!
Jul 17, 2014 1:47 AM

Mar 2012
I feel like Shin got killed off too soon :( He was a pretty interesting bad guy since he wasn't 100% evil like the others.
Mar 17, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
Jagi you moron, yeah just keep talking and pissing Ken off.

Epic death deserved
Nov 14, 2017 1:01 AM

Mar 2010
So Jagi learned Nanto Sei Ken from Shin then? Anyway, nice flashbacks and revealings in this episode and Jagi got what he deserved for being such an asshole. Although Jagi got defeated a bit too quickly for my taste after only 3 episodes in total. Ken has to face his two other brothers as well now it seems...
Feb 14, 2018 5:41 AM

Oct 2012
Uhh... where is "this is for Rei and Airi" part?
Well I guess they're not important enough

The question is why did Ken think they're dead?
Maybe they're evil too, so Ken killed them?
"Signature removed"
Apr 11, 2018 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. So epic
Sep 24, 2019 2:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Awesome fight, Jagi is now defeated.
So yes that was him who has changed Shin and pushed him to kidnap Yuria...
There are two brothers left, next one is apparently Toki.
Dec 23, 2019 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
Jagi is worse than scum, causing Kenshiro's greatest sadness by turning his friend, Shin, against him and making Shin take Yulia, glad that he died in such a manner if only Ken would have done that earlier...

I wonder who the two other brothers are

Jan 12, 2022 12:48 PM

Apr 2020
Incredible. Jagi is revealed to be the big cause for all of Ken's misfortunes. I'm still unclear on how the whole successor thing works. Is what Jagi said true, that the ones who fail get killed off or erased? If so, is it just because the master got killed that they're still alive right now?

And how many brothers are there left, because at first I thought there were 4 Hokuto brothers (Ken included) and Shin. But one of the brothers in Jagi's flashback looked like Shin. But I guess it must just be someone that looks like him, because apparently there's still 2 brothers remaining.

Jun 8, 6:47 AM

Jan 2018
Been a while since I watched the last episode of Hokuto no Ken. But I still remembered what happened. That's the kind of anime Hokuto no Ken is.

The first half was basically another flashback. So glad we got it tho. It answered a lot of my questions about Hokuto Shinken. Like why there are so many students if there can be only one successor and what happens to the other students once a successor is selected. It seems Hokuto Shinken has only one successor because it's too dangerous for it to fall under the hands of more than one person. And that one person needs to be trustworthy and not someone like Jagi. It makes sense that other students can't use Hokuto Shinken anymore or they get their memories erased after they're disqualified.

Jagi's fight with Kenshiro was just as good as I had hoped. It was intense. But the big twist was that Jagi was the one who manipulated Shin and pulled him towards the dark side. That's a shame. Seems like Shin used to be a good person before he turned evil.

The next arc will start from the next episode. And the next brother Kenshiro will face is Toki. That's a bit different than Lost Paradise. Wonder what'll happen.
Jun 15, 1:48 PM
Jul 2019
Great (back)story, great dialoge and scenes, loved it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.