Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol @ the English. Brilliant.

PMMM references. Oh and I loved the fact that Sue cosplayed as Kyubey /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Decent episode, got a lot of laughs Genshiken style~

Dat imaginations. Sue ftw.
Aug 3, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2013
Lots of Madoka Magica references.

Madarame x Angela?! lol
Aug 3, 2013 12:24 PM
Apr 2013
Hahahah poor Madarame being considered a "bottom". His expression was priceless. Gotta love the Madoka references too. This is going better than what i expected...i really wonder which couples we're gonna see this season (Hato/Angelax Mada lol).
Aug 3, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this episode.
The english is always great to hear.
Some very funny moments.
5/5
Aug 3, 2013 12:56 PM

Nov 2012
Great, "I'm THE BOTTOM!? XD". Loving the cosplaying and Sue, but man I've got a hard time understanding Sue, why'd she get so angry?
Was actually hoping Madarame and the other blonde could make some progress, man wish she wasn't so playful and could be more serious about him.

Aug 3, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
The Gargantia and Psycho Pass cosplay was so awesome!! Best episode so far imo I hope Madarame eventually finds some sort of happiness
Aug 3, 2013 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
Hilarious episode XDXDXD

Angela is HOT!

"Ore Ukedata?????" XDXDXDXD Poor Madarame hahahaha. And he got so close to groping dem Boobs!!

But what took the cake was as usual Sue!!! Her thumbs up was so cute...and her Kyuubey cosplay XD
At the end when she was kicking Angela and saying Go to hell XD Hahaha...Sue is the best <3
Aug 3, 2013 1:23 PM

May 2013
Orevataf said:
Was actually hoping Madarame and the other blonde could make some progress, man wish she wasn't so playful and could be more serious about him.

Maybe that is the problem, Angela is not serious about Madarame, she hasn't asked him his email address or phone number or instant messaging address, she only wants to have a one night stand with him, half of it is about trying to get Madarame to forget Kasukabe, half of it is because Angela wants to have a taste of a real life uke ^^;
Aug 3, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
For someone who was supposed to be a supporting character, Madarame is getting a surprising amount of air and plot time--not that I'm complaining, I really would like to see him get a happy ending with either Saki or Angela. Of course Madarame isn't helping himself by continuing to wallow in self-pity and regrets over Saki (not that I haven't spent a couple of years doing the same thing). Anyway, I'm thinking this version of Genshiken may turn out to be the best yet...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 3, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
SUE SAVED THE DAY!!!! XD
Man, Madarame sure was in a tight spot, feel for the guy. Angela wasn't serious about him, so Hato did kinda save him.
I'm still thinking that Sue might like Madarame
Aug 3, 2013 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
Again, Sue won whole episode :D "Yankee go home"

Fun episode, I even saw Psycho Pass cosplay in the distance ;D

When Hato started his "Maddarame is a bottom" speach there was that vocaloid music playing like in 3rd episode. Enybody know what is the tittle of this song?

rodac said:
For someone who was supposed to be a supporting character, Madarame is getting a surprising amount of air and plot time--

For two seasons he was main character, In this season there will be even more of his story. :)
Aug 3, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2012
Sue for the win and that kick! Angela deserves it for being not serious to Madarame. But I was really hoping Saki would finally show up. She only appeared in episode 1.
Aug 3, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Angela is getting near Madarame alot. Ohno is too excited about cosplaying today. Hato decided to go with guys and not cosplay Madoka as male ver.

According to the CM, the OVA is about Hatsumoude? Why don't I remember it from manga, or is it original?

Kousaka!! lol @ Hato vs. Suzanne, and ended up talking BL. Scary Sue! lol @ Madarame after ED.
tsubasaloverAug 4, 2013 5:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 3, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2008
There was also K Neko and Anna cosplay, and Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san cosplay.
Aug 3, 2013 4:02 PM
Oct 2007
Yankee go home was awesome. So much cosplay in that one scene. Vocaloid, Attack on Titan, Psycho Pass, Railgun, Monogatari (fire sisters), Gargantia, Kuroko no Basket? Was Hato cosplaying as Charlotte?
Aug 3, 2013 4:48 PM

Jun 2008

The single scene that made the episode, Kousaka x Madarame FTW!
Aug 3, 2013 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
Hato and Sue did the Ultimate Cock block lol poor Madarame.... Thought Angela would go for the win and kiss him
Aug 3, 2013 7:24 PM
Jul 2013
Madarame, you need to take advantage of an amazing opportunity when it's presented to you!
Aug 3, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2010
Lol at Madoka references.
But seriously Madarame :|
Aug 4, 2013 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
I...I..I dun understaaaaaaaand. I though Episode 3 was the best episode, now it's this episode! Too much of dis guud shit gonna keel me!
Aug 4, 2013 2:31 AM

Jan 2010
cosplay theme in Comic Festival is Urobuchi work! Psycho Pass, Madoka, Gargantia. Some other anime from winter 2012-2013 and spring 2013. Well play~

Aug 4, 2013 6:50 AM
Apr 2011
I hated that part in the manga. Hato has no business telling what Madarame or Angela what to do with their lives.
Aug 4, 2013 7:57 AM
Dec 2012
Another trap appeared. Poor Madarame. I don't understand why they were so nosey. It was none of their business. Madarame is a grown-up: he could handle that chick.
Aug 4, 2013 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
Madarame x Angela FTW. I wanted to punch Sue in her face for that cock block! Amazing epd. Also Fuck you hato
HungLikeaZombieAug 4, 2013 1:13 PM
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Aug 4, 2013 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
ravagestorm said:
I hated that part in the manga. Hato has no business telling what Madarame or Angela what to do with their lives.

HungLikeaZombie said:
Madarame x Angela FTW. I wanted to punch Sue in her face for that cock block! Amazing epd. Also Fuck you hato

eminagnam said:
Another trap appeared. Poor Madarame. I don't understand why they were so nosey. It was none of their business. Madarame is a grown-up: he could handle that chick.

How could you all miss the fact that Madarame was completely offput by Angela being so aggressive. Hato and Sue were actually helping him, as he wanted no part of her. He even thanked them in the end or should they have let her force herself on him, despite the fact he wanted no part of it?

Context is very important people. Pay more attention next time.
ItoukaijiAug 4, 2013 3:20 PM
Aug 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Itoukaiji said:
ravagestorm said:

HungLikeaZombie said:

eminagnam said:

How could you all miss the fact that Madarame was completely offput by Angela being so aggressive. Hato and Sue were actually helping him, as he wanted no part of her. He even thanked them in the end or should they have let her force herself on him, despite the fact he wanted no part of it?

Clearly he is fine with being on the bottom though~ as shown at the very end.
Kousaka x Madarame FTW still!~
Aug 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2008
Itoukaiji said:
ravagestorm said:

HungLikeaZombie said:

eminagnam said:

rodac said:
For someone who was supposed to be a supporting character, Madarame is getting a surprising amount of air and plot time--not that I'm complaining, I really would like to see him get a happy ending with either Saki or Angela.

This was a good episode, and kept with the manga very well, but would have been so improved with the original voice actors, IMHO, for example
The cosplay and other references are great, but this episode really gets into Mada's head, which IMHO can only be a good thing, given that his character is in a period in his life where he is coming to terms with being a salary man and an otaku which apparently can't really coexists. I can relate as my coworkers form an impression, rightly or wrongly, of me cause I attend San Diego Comic-Con which maybe something that Mada wishes to avoid, especially the negative stigma some in mainstream Japan place upon anime fans.

Oh, gotta question, there was once an AMV which told the story of Mada x Saki very well using the song "Clubhouse Sandwich" by Yuumao as its basis (and which was one of Genshiken 2's ending songs), but I am having trouble finding it now :( Anyone know where I can find it?
JALU3Aug 4, 2013 6:37 PM
Aug 4, 2013 8:40 PM

Feb 2013
MOTHER OF CROSSOVERS :O

Amy, Muromi, Shouko, Takkun, All the Madoka Magica girls = SPOTTED
Aug 4, 2013 8:42 PM

Aug 2012
Madarame totally needs to go for Angela.
Aug 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
MrAwesome2011 said:
Madarame totally needs to go for Angela.

I know, right!?

Sigh, anyways, this was a so-so ep for me (esp. since I have yet to see Madoka Magica so I didn't rly get/appreciate the cosplay/reference) however, I really didn't like how Hate was giving monologue over/during Angela's speaking about her views on one-night stands (seriously Hato, stop talking/thinking while Angela's talking!)

Aug 5, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
Madarame's the bottom...LOL!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2013 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
Oh man i would bang her looking like Mami so hard!

What the hell is wrong with Madarame? Grab it dude!

Man he is a total bottom or just shy and got cock blocked hard
Aug 5, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
eff Hato, Madarame x Angela must happen.
Aug 6, 2013 8:33 AM
Dec 2012
episode 5 of Genshiken Nidaime was so amazing this week
Madarame X hato thing happening again im loving these episode with them but Madarame is still not into that lolz

-then Kousaka cross dressing at the anime fest lolz
- so many anime references will they were cosplaying
- and Angela back flirting with Madarame " i kind of think angela is a whore im glad Susanna Hopkins kicked her ass "
- and Madarame being classified as a BL fan by hato and his face lolz
Aug 7, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2012
00:45 dat traparse

Poor Mada.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2010
It's not the english is bad, it's just.... awkward
Aug 7, 2013 9:40 PM

Mar 2012
Enjoying this a lot more than I did the original Genshiken.

Arigatoful said:
It's not the english is bad, it's just.... awkward
Yeah. It's very clear, but the clarity just emphasizes how bad it sounds.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 8, 2013 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
The depiction of the crowds at Comiket is pretty accurate.

Lots of English LOL

Cosplay of Madoka is fabulous, especially Mami and Anko (and Madoka too). Indeed Ono is too big (stature wise and chest wise) to play Homura LOL

Getting Hato to cosplay Charlotte of IS is pretty smart.

And those Muromi-san reference....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 8, 2013 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
WHAT WAS THAT OST WHEN HATO WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SHIPPING! ahhhh... I want it. I thought the Azusa cosplay was spot on but that Madoka Magica heavenly.
Aug 9, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
I want to know too, i guess it's the same song as in episede 3.
Aug 10, 2013 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
Seeing everyone cosplay is nice and all. But when are we going to see Kuchiki cosplay?
Aug 10, 2013 2:04 PM

Nov 2010
What a Marvelous episode
Especially when it came to the "Bottom" comment

I really liked the way they used the characters and history in it

Would be nice to see Hato x Kousaka rivaling
Aug 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Apr 2011
Itoukaiji said:

If Madarame hooked up with Angela he would've moved on from his crush on Saki. There is no point waiting for a love that will never be reciprocated. Saki has the perfect boyfriend. He has no chance at all.
Aug 13, 2013 5:31 AM

Apr 2007
ravagestorm said:
Itoukaiji said:

If Madarame hooked up with Angela he would've moved on from his crush on Saki. There is no point waiting for a love that will never be reciprocated. Saki has the perfect boyfriend. He has no chance at all.

Agreed. I was really hoping something would happen (haven't read the manga). I thought the cockblock was both annoying and suuuuper awkward to watch. Very bizarre of Madarame not standing up for himself.
denpanosekaiSep 2, 2013 1:06 PM
Aug 13, 2013 11:53 AM

May 2013
denpanosekai said:

Agreed. I was really hoping something would happen (haven't read the manga). I thought the cockblock was both annoying and suuuuper awkward to watch. Very bizarre of Madarame not standing up for himself.

What you both fail to realize is that there are two paths:

1. Madarame has a one night stand with Angela, he keeps loving Saki afterward and now feels like a loser and a cheater.

2. Madarame falls in love with Angela after a one night stand, she goes back to the USA since unlike Sue she has no intentions of living in Japan, Madarame now is even in a worst position since obviously Angela is not in love with him (she just wants a taste of uke) so even if he followed her to the USA, nothing good will come out of it.

As you can see, both paths are bad endings, that is why Madarame resists to swallow the posion pill.
Aug 24, 2013 10:03 AM
Aug 2013
I don't get this. I'm on Angela's side.
All are acting like Sue and Hato saved Madarame and they're treating Angela as being aggressive or impolite. But I think it's the otherway around. It's totally rude to interfere into other people's relationships. Even if Angela wasn't serious about Madarame, It should be up to Madarame to decide whether he wants this 'one night stand' or not. I think 'It would be a memorable experience in his life'. What does Hato offer Madarame in return? To remain in (hopeless) love with his friend's gf??? To let him be lonely and helpless? Good job, 'friends'. I like Hato a lot less after this episode.
But the reason why I'm writing this is that I'm confused about their moral judgements. Can somebody explain? And react to my arguments? Especially what do they offer as an alternative to Madarame?
Aug 24, 2013 10:11 AM
Aug 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:

Haha. I like this post. I'm so relieved other people share the same opinion.
Aug 24, 2013 10:31 PM
Apr 2011
Why Sue? Why? :(
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Aug 26, 2013 12:05 AM
Apr 2012
Man, fuck all these cock-blocking bitches, and fuck Madarame for being a weak ass simp trying to hook up with his homeboy's girl.
Oct 6, 2013 8:29 AM

May 2012
Some great Madoka cosplay and lol that ending xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

93 by Heleos93 »»
Sep 27, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

90 by Forum »»
Jun 24, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

43 by Forum »»
Jun 20, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

71 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 5, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

142 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 3, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.