Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is this MC a total dick?
Jun 10, 2013 5:21 AM

Jan 2013
Sorry for not looking up how to spell because i'm seriously tired beyond all belief, but as I sit here watching the newest episode of what might be my favorite anime of the season, I just cant get over something:

This MC is a serious douchebag.

I mean REAAAALLY bad. Most MCs are just stupid, or refuse to pick a girl out of respect to friendship, but not this guy.

He clearly likes one of the girls and is practically dating her, wont spoil who it is, but he still treats the other girls like he isnt aware of them.

He's like, hey lets be friends even though I am 100 percent aware that being around me when I told you i dont love you makes you heartbroken.

God.

Rant over.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2013 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

You keep using that word.

All I can see is a butthurt Tsukiko shipper. If it calms you down, Azusa is far from winning.

Also, nothing hints he "clearly" likes someone (I know you're referring to Tsukiko). He said something that might be misinterpreted in the previous arc but nothing suggests he likes her romantically. Well, he does like her but more of a sister like love.
Jun 10, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
whatever Tsukiko FTW
Jun 11, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

All I can see is a butthurt Tsukiko shipper. If it calms you down, Azusa is far from winning.

Also, nothing hints he "clearly" likes someone (I know you're referring to Tsukiko). He said something that might be misinterpreted in the previous arc but nothing suggests he likes her romantically. Well, he does like her but more of a sister like love.

I prefer Azuki Azusa. Thats who he treats like shit.

I didn't want to fucking spoil so i didnt say names.

Also how the hell is him blushing and calling her by her real name sisterly love?

Derp.
Jun 11, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Solvite said:
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

Also how the hell is him blushing and calling her by her real name sisterly love?

Derp.

Owned.

I don't think it's clear at all who Yokodera likes though. I would say Tsukiko just because of First Girl Wins (Tsukushi doesn't count), but he does seem to be leaning more towards Azuki Azusa so far. So if he's being a douchebag, he's not doing it on purpose; he's just being ambiguous. He's still annoying as hell though.
Jun 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
I hate Azuki Azusa.
Tsukiko ftw.

Jun 11, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
Solvite said:

Derp.

Calling someone by their own name is embarrassing because he isn't used to it and Tsukiko insisted him to do that, also it doesn't mean much between "brother and sister" like relationship genius.

Close people like lovers and "family" in Japan do that.
Jun 12, 2013 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
-Quasar said:
Solvite said:

Derp.

Calling someone by their own name is embarrassing because he isn't used to it and Tsukiko insisted him to do that, also it doesn't mean much between "brother and sister" like relationship genius.

Close people like lovers and "family" in Japan do that.

Enjoy looking at an idiot when he gets shipped with tsukiko.
Jun 12, 2013 6:27 AM

Jun 2009
Solvite said:

I never once said in any of my post they won't get together because it's painfully obvious they will but we're talking about (current) Yokodera right now which you just mislabeled a douchebag (lol) for not making things clear for everyone he likes someone when he clearly doesn't.
Jun 12, 2013 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
-Quasar said:
Solvite said:

I never once said in any of my post they won't get together because it's painfully obvious they will but we're talking about (current) Yokodera right now which you just mislabeled a douchebag (lol) for not making things clear for everyone he likes someone when he clearly doesn't.

Yokodera doesn't see her as a sister. He says that because he's nervous. It was obvious when he held her close in the rain and got all sentimental.

Anime romance is the same every time.
Jun 12, 2013 10:50 AM
Jul 2012
He is not douche at all
Jun 12, 2013 11:52 PM

Nov 2010
The problem is you're a fan of Azuki Azusa.
you have to realize the show is more focused on tsukiko then Azuki. it was obvious from the start.
Jun 13, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
Isn't that the point of the show?
-Fixing-
Jun 13, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2013
hgeronimo said:
you have to realize the show is more focused on tsukiko then Azuki. it was obvious from the start.

He can befriend Azusa without kissing her multiple times and friend zoning the fuck out of her.
Jun 14, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
ataraxial said:
Solvite said:
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

Derp.

Owned.

I don't think it's clear at all who Yokodera likes though. I would say Tsukiko just because of First Girl Wins (Tsukushi doesn't count), but he does seem to be leaning more towards Azuki Azusa so far. So if he's being a douchebag, he's not doing it on purpose; he's just being ambiguous. He's still annoying as hell though.

First girl doesn't always win.
Jun 15, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
You guys do know that the mc won't lead to anyone right?

I mean, there's no way they'd dare lose money by choosing one girl over the other.
-Fixing-
Jun 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
Solvite said:
hgeronimo said:

He can befriend Azusa without kissing her multiple times and friend zoning the fuck out of her.

I'm in complete agreement.
Jun 16, 2013 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
Probably one of the worst MCs out there. I hate him even more then whimpy/cry baby MCs.
Jun 17, 2013 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
...Am I the only one who kinda likes the guy...?
Also <3 Azusa
Jun 17, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
PWJP said:
Also <3 Azusa

You are not alone.
Jun 17, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
PWJP said:
Also <3 Azusa

Its hard to like a harem protag who is too stupid to know he has a harem.

Its EASY to HATE a harem protag who knows he has a harem, and doesnt give a shit.

Calls the girls up on dates and then tells them repeatedly that he sees them as a friend or as a sister, until they get mad of course.

Then he tells them he's just "not sure" and proceeds to call them sisters and friends again 2 hours later.
Jun 17, 2013 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

I still go for Azusa that girl really likes him.
Jun 17, 2013 4:28 PM

Mar 2011
Douche hands down
Jun 17, 2013 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
The first two words of the anime's title are literally "Pervert Prince".

You expected good characters? LOL

From the plot summary, I could tell this would be a pile of shit. The guy wants to be recognized as a big pervert, and is tired of people "misunderstanding" him? What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?
Jun 17, 2013 4:56 PM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:

From the plot summary, I could tell this would be a pile of shit. The guy wants to be recognized as a big pervert, and is tired of people "misunderstanding" him? What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?

It has really good characters, and....

Nevermind you are trolling.
Jun 17, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
Solvite said:
Red_Keys said:

You could actually show some respect. The guy clearly has a good point and you jump to the conclusion that he is a troll.

Sorry, but you can't be taken seriously.
-Fixing-
Jun 17, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Wilio said:
Solvite said:
Red_Keys said:

You could actually show some respect. The guy clearly has a good point and you jump to the conclusion that he is a troll.

Sorry, but you can't be taken seriously.

The synopsis for the show references the first episode.

Hentai Ouji for all its moe shortcomings is deeper and more thought provoking than attack on titan.

Anyone who says this show is shallow hasnt seen the show and is trolling.
Jun 17, 2013 5:54 PM

Apr 2013
Solvite said:

Hentai Ouji for all its moe shortcomings is deeper and more thought provoking than attack on titan.

Yyyyyyyeah......let's not start this.
Jun 17, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
PWJP said:
Solvite said:

Yyyyyyyeah......let's not start this.

How about this.

Anyone who doesn't like Hentai Ouji fuck the hell off. This is the hentai ouji board.
Jun 17, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2009
Don't tell us what to do.
-Fixing-
Jun 18, 2013 5:07 PM

May 2012
AZUKI AZUSA!!! <3 XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 20, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2012
Azuki is my favorite character but I must admit that I do feel sorry for her. Yokodera isn't so dense that he doesn't know how she feels
But he's just too...something (nice, maybe?) to tell her that he doesn't feel the same way. I mean, I think at this point it's clear that he feels "that way" about Tsukiko, but for whatever reason he neither tells her or Azuki.

Idk, I wouldn't call him a douchebag, but he definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Jun 20, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 2013
<3 Barbara.
Jun 21, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2013
Warning: light spoilers ahead for currently aired eps.

I think you have to take Yokodera for what he is. He reminds me a lot of guys I was actually friends with when I went to school, so I guess he's got a sorta nostalgic feel for me. Really though, I'd never blame him for being lost in his relationships right now. Some of these girls seem just as frantic in changing their actions as he is, there are a lot of misunderstandings (the whole Azusa seeing the Tsukushi kiss thing for one) and his world is literally turning upside down every other episode. His house disappeared, he was involved in a flood, his school literally turned into Italy...

I'd say he's a pretty good character that deals with the shit he goes through realistically, whilst still remaining in the role of the hentai ouji that we expect him to be.
Jun 22, 2013 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
zeldas12 said:
H-hey guys can we just watch the anime and stop bit- Oh wait. I'm on MAL.

Yeah guys.

Lets just watch the anime and stfu.

Except thats not how message boards work.
Jun 22, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, the main char is dumb. Well, this show is dumb to begin with.
Jun 22, 2013 11:15 PM

Oct 2011
so after last episode, we can certainly say Yoko is a douche for helping Tsukasa eh??
Jun 23, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2013
It's not really how he treats the other girl, it's just the generic harem pompous white knight with no brain at work. What's worse is that he isn't even consistent.
JalleiaJun 23, 2013 7:13 PM
Jun 23, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2009
Here is ultimate spoiler that proves that Yokodera isn't a massive douche
Jun 23, 2013 10:00 AM

May 2012
He isn't a douche, just a dumbass. A dumbass that's oblivious to the girl's feelings towards him. Like Yoshii from Baka to Test.
Jun 23, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
FinestFantasy said:
He isn't a douche, just a dumbass. A dumbass that's oblivious to the girl's feelings towards him. Like Yoshii from Baka to Test.

yeah that have sense +1
Jun 23, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
Solvite.
As i said to you before harem MC's that aren't either complete idiots or complete bastards are pretty much none existent or at least very rare.
Their all either oversexed or insensitive to the point that it's just annoying to watch and many of them have both these features in them.
And they all make you think what can a girl actually like about this guy.

Thinking about it i can only think of one exception of a harem MC of which the above doesn't apply Araragi Koyomi who also happens to be a rare case of a harem MC that actually picked a girl.
Jun 23, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2009
PWJP said:
Also <3 Azusa

yokodera is a bro

I don't think he's really oblivious to the girls' feelings he just doesn't know how to respond because he's a doofus.
TiamatNMJun 23, 2013 11:09 AM
Jun 30, 2013 1:30 PM
Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
Here is ultimate spoiler that proves that Yokodera isn't a massive douche
BINGO I would say^^
Jun 30, 2013 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Aversa said:
Thinking about it i can only think of one exception of a harem MC of which the above doesn't apply Araragi Koyomi who also happens to be a rare case of a harem MC that actually picked a girl.

Just curious, but who's the character you're talking about?
Jul 1, 2013 9:46 AM

May 2009
PWJP said:
Aversa said:

This guy, the male lead of the Monogatari series.

OT: I'd say the last episode proves that Youto is anything [but a massive douche, and is more like the kindest guy you'll ever meet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
AO968 said:
PWJP said:
Aversa said:

This guy, the male lead of the Monogatari series.

Oh derp, I actually thought he was talking about a character besides Araragi. My bad.
Jul 1, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
koyomi didnt pick a girl just yet
Jul 3, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Sorry for not looking up how to spell because i'm seriously tired beyond all belief, but as I sit here watching the newest episode of what might be my favorite anime of the season, I just cant get over something:

This MC is a serious douchebag.

I mean REAAAALLY bad. Most MCs are just stupid, or refuse to pick a girl out of respect to friendship, but not this guy.

He clearly likes one of the girls and is practically dating her, wont spoil who it is, but he still treats the other girls like he isnt aware of them.

He's like, hey lets be friends even though I am 100 percent aware that being around me when I told you i dont love you makes you heartbroken.

God.

Rant over.

LOL an Azuki Azusa fanboy , you reminded me of myself when i watch True Tears and Kokoro connect . To tell you the truth , i hated MC who are so dumb that they don't even realise some girl have a crush on him or just refuses to choose someone so that he can keep on living his harem life.
But this guy is different ,

So , im gonna disagree with you here and say that this MC is one of the best main character in a school life / harem/romance genre.
Aug 7, 2013 1:43 AM
Dec 2009
Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Solvite said:
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

Derp.

Owned.

Ragna92 said:
ataraxial said:
Solvite said:
-Quasar said:
-MC is a douchebag
-douchebag

Derp.

Owned.

Do you have any examples???

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

183 by Narity_ »»
Jun 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 13, 2013

304 by Speccie »»
Apr 10, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

332 by PrawnGuard »»
Jan 20, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

134 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

151 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.