Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, I'm still enjoying this series and of course, the karuta match. Oh relax Chihaya:

Really tense episode with a lot of pressure and anxiety. Loved it. 5/5. If this is how it goes, I can't wait for Shinobu and Arata to compete later on.
Apr 5, 2013 12:09 PM
Dec 2012
It was tense. Megumu is doing her best, but Chihaya is likly to win in the end as expected: she is a female lead after all.

I'm always impressed at the creator who has successfully made the karuta anime so thrilling. The same goes for the creator of Hikaru no Go. They are so brilliant they make seemingly-boring games very interesting. Now I hope someone will create a sailing anime. Sailing is fun and exciting for sailors, but it tends to be boring to audience. I believe someone talented can make it.
Apr 5, 2013 1:38 PM

Jan 2011
I really hope Chihaya wins this game D:
Great episode as always, it seems impossible to wait for a week!
Apr 5, 2013 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
SO TEEEEEENNNNNSEEEEEE >______________<

I hope chihaya wins, Mizusawa fighting!!!! XD
Apr 5, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
Damn that was TOO AWESOME!! The Intensity was soo good.

Loved the pressure and the exchange between Chihaya and Megumu is probably the best match I've seen til now in the series.

Chihaya has become really good and she's not losing her focus that much anymore :)
But poor her she doesn't know how to contest a card XDXD

I lol'd so much at Sou saying that Megumu was definitely a Do S XDXDXD

Ughhh if only Shinobu and Arata were watching this match!!!
Apr 5, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
KARUTA, WHY YOU SO TENSE

Amazing episode, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Can't wait for next week. I really hope they don't lose this year but knowing this show it's not impossible for them to go through the meat grinder again (╥﹏╥)

PLEASE DON'T MAKE MY BABIES LOSE WAHHHH
SalemWitchApr 5, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 5, 2013 1:52 PM

Jun 2012
Really intense playing from Chihaya! Sudou's commentary I found the most insightful. Great as usual
HybridMBLApr 5, 2013 2:00 PM
Apr 5, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
Very very very very very nice episode!!!!
I WAS WAITING SO EAGERLY FOR THIS EPISODE TO FIND OUT WHO WINS BUT AHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK MY LIFE WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK! ; __ ;

What ever though, this episode was really amazing

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN MIZUZAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; _ ;
Apr 5, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Flashbacks,monologues,tension, there's more to come and another weak to wait....
In the second season they really like to build up tension in the games.
Apr 5, 2013 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
I Love love love LOVE LOVED IT!!! such a great episode and so tense but i wish the match has finished in that episode now i can't stop thinking about next week!! even if the season isn't over yet hope it'll get a season 3 and 4++++++++++!! MIZUSAWA WIN!!!
Apr 5, 2013 2:09 PM
Jan 2012
This episode was really good! Though will have to wait another week to see who actually wins...

I hope Chihaya wins! She seems to have improved immensely in this episode though Megumu is a tough opponent and not v. easy to give up.
Apr 5, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2011
Another "on the edge of your seat" episode. Is anyone even watching the other semi-final match?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 5, 2013 2:32 PM
May 2011
omg THIS IS THE BEST EPS SO FAAAAAAAR

it's first time the match is not over yet after 2 episode

megumu and chihaya are both so lovely

this eps is also cute and funny

omg Im fucking love this show man
Apr 5, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
Damn, it was so intense. Love this match. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Apr 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2011
oi that was one hell of an awesome match!! Loved every second of it. And like users above me said, so intense!

BTW who is this
Apr 5, 2013 2:49 PM
Feb 2011
That was so intense. I've been waiting for that sort of match for a long time. Still not sure whether Chihaya will win but I'm confident that Taichi will win and if Chihaya loses, Tsutomo and Kana will cover for her to bring home the win.

You have to feel bad for whoever Chihaya will be facing in the finals as there's little chance he/she will prove a match to her. It would be beautiful to see her dominate a class A opponent for once.
Apr 5, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2010
oi this shit was intense !!!

5/5
Apr 5, 2013 3:06 PM
Jun 2009
I've never been that excited for any sports anime or any match (even in real life) ever oh my goooooooooood
go, Chi, gooo!
Apr 5, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode. I really want Chihaya to win since it feels like it's been a long time since shes won a major match but I wouldn't mind too much if she lost as well. It'd just be another learning experience for her and her continued development as a character.
Apr 5, 2013 3:23 PM

Jul 2009
>ending theme song
DAFAQ!??! GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. FUUUUUUU~
Apr 5, 2013 3:26 PM

Jun 2009
Have I mentioned how much i love this show??
i NEED Chihaya to win!!
Apr 5, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
What a great and intense episode.
Chihaya is awesome and we see another, more determined side of Megumu.
Apr 5, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
FUUUUUU-cliffhanger.

Is this really a josei anime? The tension makes me think shonen. Which means awesome ^_^
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 5, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
Such a tense episode, I expect next week will be crazy.
Apr 5, 2013 4:51 PM

Dec 2011
I loved the episode. Chihaya almost caught up and pressured Megumu--she's trained so much ^^ By the end everyone was watching their game xD
I reaaalllly hope Chihaya wins! She never does against a strong opponent, they should give it to her. She deserves it!
I also liked the art for this episode (though its always good), especially the part where Harada-sensei is putting his hand on Chihaya's shoulder while they play.
Apr 5, 2013 4:59 PM
Feb 2012
I'm at the point where i will punch chihaya (or her printed picture on my wall) If she doesn't freakin win the match
Apr 5, 2013 5:22 PM
Jun 2009
Why don't they make it a little bit faster, now 2 episodes worth of screen time will get sacrificed on a single match which is not even close to the other matches ayase has played already...

On top of it, the same beaten to death Ayase antics go around, why doesn't she fix at least the momentum of hers already, the same thing happens in almost all matches, god i wanted to punch her...

Here i was hoping for the next match to begin... This way, we may even not be able to see the final of the individuals tournament by the end of this season :(
brazenvoidApr 5, 2013 5:27 PM
Apr 5, 2013 6:05 PM

Jun 2010
I swear, that was the shortest episode ever! This match is too intense. Ugh, Chihaya makes the same mistakes every match. I want to see her actually improve. Anyways...
Go Chihaya Go! ^o^
Apr 5, 2013 6:06 PM

May 2012
aw i cant wait for the next episode
hope chihaya wins
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 5, 2013 6:06 PM
Aug 2007
is it just me or were there some randomly placed new characters in the crowd in this episode?! One was that girl with the short red hair, and the other was that glasses dude wearing a green jumper..

Maybe the one week wait for a new episode made me forget stuff, but I didn't recognize those two at all..
Apr 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
It was kind of repetitive but nevertheless still enjoyed it. I really want an episode where it focuses on a match between Arata and another good player(Shinobu or Chihaya).
Apr 5, 2013 6:16 PM

May 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
oi that was one hell of an awesome match!! Loved every second of it. And like users above me said, so intense!

BTW who is this

Rion.
You know her best one in a while
Apr 5, 2013 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
lol~, everyone's being nervous for Chihaya.

So it was her thought, she didn't even care about being queen, though she became real serious and dark. And that affected other girls.

lol @ when they argued over a card.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 5, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2008
So many EPIC background music today! It makes it even more intense!
Oh god, I like this Megumu match! Thanks to her, I'm cheering like I've never done so full heartedly for Chihaya! Because I don't want Megumu to win!
Apr 5, 2013 7:35 PM

Mar 2011
I love Megumu. It was nice seeing her develop a fight in her.

5/5
Apr 5, 2013 7:44 PM
Feb 2011
BiscuittRoot said:
I swear, that was the shortest episode ever! This match is too intense. Ugh, Chihaya makes the same mistakes every match. I want to see her actually improve. Anyways...
Go Chihaya Go! ^o^

I beg to disagree. This episode was all about her training so much to cover her weaknesses. She didn't let herself get overwhelmed by a more prolific opponent who remained calm even when she went on the offensive. She broke her guard because she practiced for it, her change of swinging motion that made her lose in the regional finals is starting to pay off. She still has some things to improve but the opponent in front of her is likely the 2nd best female player at the moment (since she improved a lot too since the queen qualifier). And when you think about how good she usually gets in the final stretch of a match because of her uncanny hearing... it's actually scary to see how much she improved. They threw some quirky opponents at her in the earlier rounds because any classic opponent would get destroyed.

Edit: And if they win that match, I feel sorry for whoever will have to face her in the finals. Because if she can do that against such an impressive opponent, I doubt anyone else not named Arata or Shinobu will be able to overwhelm her anymore in the High School tournament.
NcrdrgApr 5, 2013 7:48 PM
Apr 5, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2011
UGHHHH 3 episodes on ONE game? Seriously guys.. It's just dragging now.. An episode and a half would have sufficed to see Chihaya overcoming weaknesses while learning about Megumu. There's a 5 minute dialogue after every card read, no wonder it's going at a snail's pace. I'm also annoyed at Chihaya for STILL always losing her concentration and momentum so damn easily. Didn't she learn anything in the past year?
LuxtressApr 5, 2013 8:17 PM
Apr 5, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2011
HJNSADnkl;osfskafsd;jksalf;n Thats how fucking tense this episode was
Apr 5, 2013 8:31 PM

May 2012
This episode felt so short, I wish I could just marathon this series. Great episode anyway, except that crying sensei was annoying.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 5, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2006
lightXTC said:
This episode felt so short, I wish I could just marathon this series. Great episode anyway, except that crying sensei was annoying.

Yeah Chihayafuru episodes seems to last like 5 minutes, and the 3 camera boys are annoying too :s

This was so intense!!
And after 2 episodes, they're still even! (except porky's match I think). I really can't wait until next friday >.< I think I'll go and read the manga instead lol
Apr 5, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
This episode is pure tension, if it weren't for those annoying photographer guys.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 5, 2013 9:31 PM

Aug 2011
I'm getting worried about the pacing. At this rate the anime will end when Omi Jingu ends. This is going a bit too slow for my liking.
Apr 5, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2012
Wow!! This match is getting tense!! Interesting!! One match with 3 episodes, the other team is really skilled! Ugh, have to wait another episode to find out who wins! I can't tell who'll win!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 5, 2013 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
This ep felt so short!! D:
ITS SO INTENSE
I NEED THE NEXT EP
Apr 5, 2013 11:14 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Soooo intense! I'm always amazed by how this anime keeps you on the edge of your seat and leaves you wanting more. I don't really care much as to which school wins the match, but Chihaya better win against Megumu or I'm going to be pissed.
Apr 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Jan 2010
Riveting tension. As with Chihaya, I have to remember to breathe. This was a good recovery after two less than stellar episodes. The pacing is almost cruel but it's just right to build such thick tension. And other than the photonuts, everyone in the room seems caught up with it as well. Nobody knows what's going to happen two seconds into the future. Good to see Chihaya rising to the challenge so well, and Megumu's placid surface finally begin to roil. I don't want to wait for the next episode.

Well into the match I kept thinking that everyone is thinking about Megumu but we don't ever find out what she thinks as she is expressionless. This went even up to the headband comment, but when Chihaya took the next card, and the next one after, she suddenly caused something deep inside Megumu to stir.

And it really came out when they contested the second card. As much as Misuzawa shakes their collective head about Chihaya, it was even more fun to see the Akashi team react to Megumu contesting the card and how it made the first contested card look. This is good writing.

Someone earlier commented about this episode having more of a shounen feel to it. If that's the case, then I guess they're at the point where they'll now take things seriously and hold nothing back (although the show that reminds me of other than Rurouni Kenshin is Baka Testo in which Yoshii is always getting serious).

Next week is going to be great. But I think that Chihaya has to win now after her comparison of the two of them, and her comment about her own teaching.
Apr 6, 2013 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
slow and uneventful episode , how much are they going to stretch this match? >.>
Apr 6, 2013 2:09 AM

Aug 2011
Should be able to end this match by next episode.
I think Nikuman and Chihaya will lost their game and the other 3 will win.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 6, 2013 3:35 AM

Nov 2010
Lulexiaa said:
Very very very very very nice episode!!!!
I WAS WAITING SO EAGERLY FOR THIS EPISODE TO FIND OUT WHO WINS BUT AHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK MY LIFE WE HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK! ; __ ;

What ever though, this episode was really amazing

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN MIZUZAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; _ ;

This.
Apr 6, 2013 4:04 AM

May 2012
Soshinra said:
Should be able to end this match by next episode.
I think Nikuman and Chihaya will lost their game and the other 3 will win.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

89 by SenseiSempai-san »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

76 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

102 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

122 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.