Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 2:31 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This ep is very gundamish :) Wonder if there is such epic mecha where the launches are taken about the half of the episode :)
Goh'Dan
May 12, 2013 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Finally, the Archangel is going into battlefield again. I pray for their safety and success as well. Oh and seems like Meyrin will be taking care of Athrun again. Nice.
Jan 25, 2014 6:38 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh yeah, Djibril totally deserved that, or actually, he deserves a more painful death but I'm satisfied as long as he's dead. Probably the only thing I will ever praise Rey for in this anime.

Finally caught up to the weekly remaster release! Looking forward to seeing Archangel and everyone back on the battlefield, and finally end this war. It's as Athrun said, why can't it be like this all the time? Because humans are selfish and they suck :/ is basically what Kira replied. But very true.
Feb 15, 2014 8:45 AM
Mar 2013
I'd say Djibril deserved a death far more painful. But at the same time, I think a quick death is better because he has no final last words/thoughts or prayers.

I wonder how Durandal knew Djibril was killed? Well anyway, with Logos finally destroyed it's time for Durandal to make his move.

And why did Cagalli take the ring off? Nooooo, I want Athrun x Cagalli not Athrun and Meyrin ;_;
emeraldrosaryFeb 15, 2014 8:49 AM
Sep 22, 2014 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
Finally the rat bastard is dead. I don't like that Rey was the one to do it, but Djibril is finally dead which is all that matters.

Now the war with Durandal begins.
May 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2008
emeraldrosary said:
I'd say Djibril deserved a death far more painful. But at the same time, I think a quick death is better because he has no final last words/thoughts or prayers.

It would be unsatisfying if he was just shot, but getting disintegrated by a beam sounds good enough for him haha.

Lunamaria is kinda getting annoying now. She was much better before she was all over little Shinn.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 29, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching) (HD remaster Ep44)

For the preservation of our blue and pure world! (too bad that line hasn't been used lately)
I find it bothersome that people actually follow that madman. Did they really not notice that he runs away from every losing battle?
Aug 20, 2015 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
About time he bit the dust.
I'm ready for the next episode, expecting some good action!
Apr 28, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
Loved this episode, Djibril's death felt so good and nice to see Archangel take off into the finale battle! Not sure why this series is so universally hated because I'm pretty hype (still Shinn is the most shitty thing about Destiny).
Sep 8, 2019 1:16 AM

Mar 2017
It was satisfying to see Djibril finally get his comeuppance. Would have been better if it had been by someone other than Le Creuset, I mean Rey. But at least he got what he deserved.
Mar 28, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2010
This one was really solid. Finally a battle against a true bad guy instead of all the protagonists fighting each other.

Still don't get why the Archangel has to go into battle when they could just release the Destiny plan to the public and get it shut down. It's not like the Chairman is trying to kill everyone (that we know of).
Oct 28, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
Kinda sad Djibril didn't get off the one last shot.

How on earth do the heroes know what this "destiny plan" was before Durandal announced it? AFAIK they didn't retrieve any secret plans or anything. This seems rather presumptuous. Also, how on earth is a society where everyone is a coordinator supposed to work? Didn't Lacus' father in season 1 point out that Coordinators can't have children after the 3rd generation and that they are facing extinction? Was that problem magically fixed offscreen? Also, lolol Durandal is taking the clans from Battletech (everyone is genetically engineered and born for one purpose) as a guidebook on how to structure civilization.
Feb 11, 2022 1:46 AM

Oct 2013
So glad that Djibril died screaming but yeah, Lacus and Kira knowing about the Chairman's "Destiny Plan" is bullshit. I know they're the good guys and all but the way it's presented would make you think that Durandal is the good guy.
Dec 30, 2023 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
I'm so glad that djibril is dead, even if it was ray to kill him (i hate ray)
I'm very hyped to see the final battle, i also wonder why Durandal thanks djibril after his death.
I wanted to say that Lunamaria is a character that i liked, but since she became shinn backup girl, i can't stand her, the fact that she knows that the real Lacus is with orb and she doesn't say anything made me really, really angry.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 23, 11:14 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Radnitzky1890
So glad that Djibril died screaming but yeah, Lacus and Kira knowing about the Chairman's "Destiny Plan" is bullshit. I know they're the good guys and all but the way it's presented would make you think that Durandal is the good guy.
Radnitzky1890 said:

Watching this I can only view ZAFT as the good guys. the Archangel sucks and kira has been bastardized so much.

Oct 12, 3:50 PM
Mar 2022
Bye Bye Djibril 🤗

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 46 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 3, 2010

21 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 12, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 40 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 28, 2010

15 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 8, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 39 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 27, 2010

26 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 3, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 6, 2010

10 by Lunosa »»
Sep 29, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 34 Discussion

removed-user - Jan 14, 2008

28 by ChangKang6 »»
Sep 24, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.