Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Quality Assurance in Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Godel deserves better. Treated like shit and can't live safely with the villagers...yikes.

This episode had a depressing vibe to it despite the show being mostly cherry. Felt different from some of the other episodes but it's kinda interesting how people react to certain characters.
Sep 6, 10:58 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Gaydle. I feel bad for him.

SerafosSep 7, 4:03 AM
Sep 6, 12:32 PM

Mar 2021
Genuinely feel bad for Godel poor guy just wanted to be strong and help protect the villagers that took him in and raised him as their own.
Sep 6, 12:37 PM
Jul 2024
Well, your either too weak, or your too strong. Actually, I think he needed someone to teach him how to BE strong. Not just make him strong.
Sep 6, 1:23 PM
May 2018
I’d agree that this one is a bit of a downer.

Given the way Gaydle was behaving in this episode, it feels like he’s just some little kid, but one with an adults body and superhuman strength. given in the flashback scenes he’s like half the adult villagers size, this kind of makes sense, maybe he’s only supposed to be like 7 or 8. Which makes what’s happened to him even more sad, he got his wish but is too young to control himself.
Sep 6, 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
This has been a tragic arc, I'm glad Yamanaka wasn't an outright bad guy for once but he double screwed it up and Godel went from one extreme to the other, it was super cool to see how much Haga cares for Nikola, as careful as he and and he completely lost it when Godel hurt her and now we have an alert about trying to change anything regarding her parameters even if it is with good intentions.
Sep 6, 5:23 PM

Sep 2020
And once again I feel extremely bad for poor old Gaydle. However the bad times aren't over yet.
Sep 6, 6:05 PM

Jun 2024
I think I understand the pain Gaydle is going through.
He is still just a child who wanted to do his best to help.
Now to wait and see how they deal with him.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 6, 7:34 PM

Sep 2023
I'm curious how Yamanaka planned to watch over Gaydel using free camera mode, considering that the cave is a location separated from the main world. He should have known it wouldn't work. It's quite sad that he got locked up in such a small cave, unable to explore the rest of the game world, even in free camera mode.

Also, "You have to be able to move to get out of free camera mode" 😂. Who tf came up with that condition?
Sep 6, 8:08 PM
Jun 2024
He made him indestructible, but did I think about the mental brain part having a little kids brain with a grown adult body not a good idea I gotta say Yamanaka did not think this through and now he suffering for his own mistake. I’ll just say it’s his punishment.
Sep 6, 9:06 PM

May 2015
Bugs in a video game have never gotten more grim! Yamanaka being stuck in a permanent out of body experience sucks. But his attempt to help Gaydle couldn't of backfired any harder. The debuggers stone is a true monkey's paw.
Sep 6, 9:42 PM

Jan 2015
Good episode, enjoyable, even though I feel like this arc shouldn't exist...

Poor Yamanaka wanted to do what's best but ended up creating a monster who didn't want to turn this way. Felt bad about his free camera mode plan backfiring, I could easily imagine doing the same mistake. It was easy to relate to him.

Tesla kinda pissed me off this episode, just went and ate his debugger stone, without any attempt at defusing the situation and agitating the big guy.

Excited for the next episode. How will Yamanaka get out of his situation? How will the main group stop their enemy who can't be damaged by their strongest attack?
Sep 7, 2:33 AM

Jul 2017
The truth about Gaydle is revealed, as well as the King's Seeker of Yamanaka saving his village from giants with the likeness that the former wants to be like the latter. And while Yamanaka DID train Gaydle, but "peculiar magic" (which is presumed to be debug mode) was involved where he became obsessed with hunting down giants and even hurting his own brethren by accident, that it spiralled out of control. The TL;DR is to eliminate Gaydle and Yamanaka, but time is not on their side as the villagers made first contact, barring Gaydle to see the harsh reality in front of him, being modified by Yamanaka to be given powers that exceed imagination. When Haga and the party seek the cave behind the waterfall, there's just no texture (not texture mapping), and Tesla invades Nikola to try and discern what's going on.

The truth, however, is that Yamanaka got too caught up with his debugging going on free camera mode in the cave, leaving his avatar permanently stuck on location. And that's where Gaydle showed up, only to whimper, and Tesla wanting to help...by consuming his debugger stone, ultimately triggering the worst of Gaydle as fighting him is close to impossible with his brute strength. All that matters now is using Nikola's weapon to stop him, and if even that doesn't work, escape is only probable since Gaydle is basically made immortal.

It's the classic case of being kind, but intentions going all wrong...
Sep 7, 3:36 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

This situation is though…

Is it possible to kill the child who already did too much damages…

Alala
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 7, 6:40 AM
Jul 2024
I think Tesla mentioned something about not having the authority to mess with players, but Tesla might be able to do something about Gaydle. Outside of that, it seems the only other options would be luring him into an instant death trap, sending him through a geometry seam, or using a tablet to reduce his parameters/reset him.

I didn't pay close enough attention to the tablet, but I now wonder whether a third party could toggle FC mode for other players. That would be a way to save Mr Y, but it would also be an incredibly useful way to capture someone... On the other hand, if only yourself can use it, it's dumb beyond belief. There should've been a non physical button for you in FC mode, a voice deactivation command, some time/distance limit for turning it off again.
Sep 7, 6:53 AM

Dec 2018
a little less development than expected; just use your own stone to reset his stats. I don't get why this has to play out this way except for contrived melodrama. That said, I feel for Gaydle but Yamanaka you baka!
Sep 7, 8:00 AM

Jun 2020
Im sorry but sometimes the things main cast make no sense. They not said anything about that but cannot they turn the stats of Gaydle with the stone? But Tesla just ate it and the other two ( Im not counting Akira because she had zero idea) just watched and didn’t react you have a real human being who stuck out of his body and a child who turned into a monster and maybe the only way to solve this situation is the stone.

I dont think they gonna explain it this season about what happens in real world but Im more curious about it
Sep 7, 11:58 AM
Aug 2024
Oh damn, that kamehameha by Amano at the end was brilliant. I really hope Gaydle will be okay :(
Sep 7, 12:18 PM

Sep 2020
You guys make it sound like reverting Gaydle's stats and aspect back to normal is a relatively easy process but it doesn't like that way at all to me, and that's because I believe that you need to enter some secret code in the stone tablet in order to tamper with any NPCs' stats.
The fact that Gaydle started throwing a severe temper tantrum the exact moment Tesla said he should just give up on returning a kid also didn't help with the situation.
Sep 9, 9:29 AM
Oct 2020
I don't know what Tesla think when she eat the debbuger's stone. actualy, she can save the debugger first with the stone, she can call Haga to do their job well to save Yamanaka-san. But she choose to eat like she dont care about save them. Seriously, I hate this episode because what She or Tesla doing with Yamanaka-San.

BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 9, 10:40 AM

Jun 2019
YushaGledek97 said:
I don't know what Tesla think when she eat the debbuger's stone. actualy, she can save the debugger first with the stone, she can call Haga to do their job well to save Yamanaka-san. But she choose to eat like she dont care about save them. Seriously, I hate this episode because what She or Tesla doing with Yamanaka-San.

He or she is only on Haga's and his group's side in the first place because they (particularly Haga) are doing their jobs properly and helping debug the game. Maybe Tesla just sees Yamanaka as an irresponsible rogue debugger like the other ones which she wanted Haga to track down and have the debugger stones delivered to her and eaten/disposed of from. Because Yamanaka already screwed with the game in a disruptive way when he increased Gaydle's stats in the past. So it makes sense from Tesla's perspective if they don't view him as any different than the other rogue debuggers.
Sep 10, 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
Reply to YushaGledek97

@YushaGledek97 I must be missing something but no one else can interact with his debug stone so Tesla couldn't help him even if he wanted to
Sep 14, 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to booyah10
@YushaGledek97 I must be missing something but no one else can interact with his debug stone so Tesla couldn't help him even if he wanted to
@booyah10 Oh I forgot that. I was about to lash out on Tesla for dooming the guy for eternity but now I realized he was doomed since the moment he pressed the free-camera mode. That's stupid though. Dude isn't even bad and now he's stuck because of shitty game. And no, I don't blame people for using debug mode especially after getting stuck in the game.

Avvenirista said:
The fact that Gaydle started throwing a severe temper tantrum the exact moment Tesla said he should just give up on returning a kid also didn't help with the situation.
I don't trust that bitch. I mean she said dead NPCs can't be brought back to life but we saw that it's possible through debug stone (although NPCs don't retain memories when revived).
Sep 14, 1:05 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
@booyah10 Oh I forgot that. I was about to lash out on Tesla for dooming the guy for eternity but now I realized he was doomed since the moment he pressed the free-camera mode. That's stupid though. Dude isn't even bad and now he's stuck because of shitty game. And no, I don't blame people for using debug mode especially after getting stuck in the game.

Avvenirista said:
I don't trust that bitch. I mean she said dead NPCs can't be brought back to life but we saw that it's possible through debug stone (although NPCs don't retain memories when revived).
@Sigmar-Unberogen
In order to revive NPCs debuggers need to use the stone tablet's (secret) developer commands and Tesla is strongly opposed to that. Tesla's goals are to restore order to the continent and to put an end to the chaos caused by rogue debuggers, so it follows that actions that can further warp the current status of the world, such as bringing back dead NPCs to life or messing with NPCs in general, are something that Tesla can't approve of.
Sep 14, 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Avvenirista
@Sigmar-Unberogen
In order to revive NPCs debuggers need to use the stone tablet's (secret) developer commands and Tesla is strongly opposed to that. Tesla's goals are to restore order to the continent and to put an end to the chaos caused by rogue debuggers, so it follows that actions that can further warp the current status of the world, such as bringing back dead NPCs to life or messing with NPCs in general, are something that Tesla can't approve of.
@Avvenirista If I got it correctly, Tesla KNOWS that NPCs can be brought back but lies because she strongly opposes it? Is that correct? Or is she not aware that there are some secret commands that can do that?

My point was that Tesla is a bitch for lying deliberately (plus, I still suspect she, or other Ai's are responsible for logout disappearing and basically keep these humans hostage because they want them to fix their world). If Tesla isn't aware that debuggers can bring NPCs back with tablets, I'll mistrust her a little bit less. If she knows but lies anyways, I don't care what her reasonings are, I'll still call her a bitch.
Sep 14, 3:20 PM

Sep 2020
@Avvenirista If I got it correctly, Tesla KNOWS that NPCs can be brought back but lies because she strongly opposes it? Is that correct? Or is she not aware that there are some secret commands that can do that?

My point was that Tesla is a bitch for lying deliberately (plus, I still suspect she, or other Ai's are responsible for logout disappearing and basically keep these humans hostage because they want them to fix their world). If Tesla isn't aware that debuggers can bring NPCs back with tablets, I'll mistrust her a little bit less. If she knows but lies anyways, I don't care what her reasonings are, I'll still call her a bitch.
@Sigmar-Unberogen
I think you're misrembering things because Tesla never said that NPCs can't be revived, what she said is that she, as a meta AI entity, doesn't have the power to revive NPCs.
Sep 14, 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Avvenirista
@Sigmar-Unberogen
I think you're misrembering things because Tesla never said that NPCs can't be revived, what she said is that she, as a meta AI entity, doesn't have the power to revive NPCs.
@Avvenirista Well, I went and checked the episode (end of episode 4). Haga indeed asks Tesla if she can bring Ruu back with the power of global AI. Tesla doesn't simply say she can't. She says that Haga is talking nonsense. That NPCs have one life and their lifecycle is the same as in the real world.

How else can you interpret this? She's basically saying that GENERALLY there's no way NPCs can be brought back to life similarly to how you can't bring back dead humans to life in real world. Sure, we can agree that she hid the fact that by using tablets it's possible - due to her reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that she lied! One other reason why she'd do it is to demonize rogue debuggers more and make it seem like NPC killings are irreversible, just like murder in real world.

I mean, there's obviously difference between saying "NPCs have one life" and "NPCs can be brought back but with reset memories."
Sep 14, 4:38 PM

Sep 2020
@Avvenirista Well, I went and checked the episode (end of episode 4). Haga indeed asks Tesla if she can bring Ruu back with the power of global AI. Tesla doesn't simply say she can't. She says that Haga is talking nonsense. That NPCs have one life and their lifecycle is the same as in the real world.

How else can you interpret this? She's basically saying that GENERALLY there's no way NPCs can be brought back to life similarly to how you can't bring back dead humans to life in real world. Sure, we can agree that she hid the fact that by using tablets it's possible - due to her reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that she lied! One other reason why she'd do it is to demonize rogue debuggers more and make it seem like NPC killings are irreversible, just like murder in real world.

I mean, there's obviously difference between saying "NPCs have one life" and "NPCs can be brought back but with reset memories."
@Sigmar-Unberogen
My point was that Tesla didn't outright lie to Haga, what she did was lying by omission. She had no reason to spell out that yes, technically there is one way to bring back to life dead NPCs, because that secret process goes against everything that she's trying to accomplish in her mission.

Sep 14, 11:57 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Avvenirista
@Sigmar-Unberogen
My point was that Tesla didn't outright lie to Haga, what she did was lying by omission. She had no reason to spell out that yes, technically there is one way to bring back to life dead NPCs, because that secret process goes against everything that she's trying to accomplish in her mission.

@Avvenirista I mean, sure, yes, I get your point. My point however was that Tesla is an untrustworthy bitch and that stance didn't change. Explaining WHY Tesla did it was kind of irrelevant. Again, sure, she has her reasons, but she does intentionally mislead and manipulate by lying by omission. So...
Sep 15, 2:42 AM

Sep 2020
@Avvenirista I mean, sure, yes, I get your point. My point however was that Tesla is an untrustworthy bitch and that stance didn't change. Explaining WHY Tesla did it was kind of irrelevant. Again, sure, she has her reasons, but she does intentionally mislead and manipulate by lying by omission. So...
@Sigmar-Unberogen
I guess the difference between you and me is that you're bothered by the fact that Tesla mislead Haga and Amano once while I personally think that wasn't a big problem at all.
But if we're talking about Tesla actively manipulating Haga and/or Amano then I straight up disagree with you, because she has never did that and has no need to resort to such tactics.
AvveniristaSep 15, 8:31 AM
Oct 12, 5:19 AM

Dec 2020
The worst part was there was no bad intentions here. Well maybe except Tesla. The problem was I think it was obvious that a bullied child that was granted unmeasurable power one day won't be able to control it or have the right mind set

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27

39 by Muow »»
Oct 13, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 19

41 by Forum »»
Oct 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16

27 by TechOtaku »»
Oct 12, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12

60 by AkiFosu »»
Oct 11, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5

58 by AkiFosu »»
Oct 11, 8:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.