Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Cute, episode especially the ones from the beach. This was a very lightheared adventure episode with some montage music that felt even more JRPGish than usual.

Not sure how I feel about Ruri in this show yet but he has that no-nonsense type of attitude. What a cliffhanger though, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Poor Emeraude.
Nov 18, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverNov 18, 2022 9:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 18, 2022 9:58 AM
Sep 2015
I thought pirate bird work so far away, turns out he's just in the next island that can be easily visit.
I'm gonna guess Serafina is lady blackpearl, and Ruri knows this but hide the truth because he doesn't want her old memory to comeback.
Nov 18, 2022 10:59 AM

Jul 2011
So basically 2 of the cores were just thrown away. Just the last one was propely sold.

Shiloh's house is basically hotel now.

Still can be Sandra disguised, that Seraphina.
Nov 18, 2022 2:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well they got the crystals but WTF Serafina at the end? Is she mentally controlled? :o
Nov 18, 2022 4:20 PM

Feb 2019
Hey what's the big idea? What did every player just watch? 🤨
Nov 18, 2022 5:59 PM

Nov 2010
I wasn't expecting to Valerie, David and the diggers to show up, it was a nice touch <3 (In the game all Esmeralda's sisters cores are in Geo already, but it made more sense for them to travel to find them). But why they place a random song at the end ?? The game have already great Yoko Shimomura's songs that they could use but they didn't use it at all in this episode (why ? D:).

Also Sotherbee design was really weird, his body is out of proportion so he looks a big doll and his voice is weird lol

And shame that neither Shiloh or Seraphina became Esmeralda's knight because that was one of my favourite moments of the game ;w;

About her death

Stark700 said:
Cute, episode especially the ones from the beach. This was a very lightheared adventure episode with some montage music that felt even more JRPGish than usual.

Not sure how I feel about Ruri in this show yet but he has that no-nonsense type of attitude. What a cliffhanger though, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Poor Emeraude.

I thought the in the anime he is too soft, just look at his bio from mana fandom:

Elazul is portrayed as an individual who is impatient, quick-tempered, and rash; a fact that is made immediately evident right when he is first introduced in the town of Domina, where he is abrasive and rude when confronting Rachel to gain information about Pearl's whereabouts.

He is way more assertive in the game but here he doesn't have much of a personality and he is too good guy, I hope that now we can see more of his personality in the next episodes.
KamiruraNov 18, 2022 6:15 PM
Nov 18, 2022 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
Ok, I can appreciate that they're giving it a different take on the story development, so I guess this won't play out EXACTLY as it did in the game.

But obviously this approach is taking a toll on the pacing, because to be frank, Esmeralda in the game is a character that I didn't personally like at first, just overall manipulative, bratty, and a bit spoiled and gullible at times, but does her death hits hard considering the very short time you spend reading her sparse dialogue.

and I guess after you meet her again in the underworld, she goes straight up and hits you with that "Thank you for being my knight" so it's kinda ... y' know?

Can't hate the poor girl, and trying to get the audience to compromise and feel that sort of empathy for a character in 3 episodes is not that simple, so whatever the outcome is I gotta say, there was an attempt, her death in the game was pure desolation, she was utterly devastated to the core (nopunintended) after learning the truth about the whole jewel hunter charade and the imminent extinction of the Jumi race, Sandra just mercilessly destroyed her soul before taking what was left.

Also Kristie, sure she was a monster girl but she's now more of a girl and less of a monster, went from 70-30 to a solid 50-50% rate in the anime.
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 PM
Oct 2021
100 MILLION VETERANS PLAYER DIED INSIDE
Nov 19, 2022 2:44 AM
Oct 2019
Why the Penguin share the same name as me lol

I remember stuck in that ship for hours not able to figured how to escape the ship.

What a plot twist, i bet that Sandra disguise as Seraphina.
Nov 19, 2022 9:18 AM

Nov 2010
Luvaga said:
100 MILLION VETERANS PLAYER DIED INSIDE

why? I mean Esmeralda's death or how different it is from the game?
Nov 19, 2022 6:44 PM
Dec 2013
I like the direction this episode took with them having to actually go outside of Geo to find the lucky clovers, which gave an excuse to explore other in-game events/areas that aren't related to the Jumi arc. (i.e. Mandora Beach/SS Buccaneer/Junkyard for areas, and Summer Lovin'/Where's Putty? for events). This is one of the rare moments where I'm glad they didn't just adapt it completely faithfully to the game, because The Lucky Clover event where you help Esmerelda is probably one of my biggest gripes about the game. Never mind the fact that actually finding the 3 cores in game was a pain because of you having to constantly sleep at the inn to change the day of the week, at the end once you find them, Esmerelda basically just walks to her death and its completely preventable. Like, if the anime only watchers thought Rubens' death was bad, there'd be endless complaints on Esmerelda's if it played out how it did originally. Rather than trying to explain it, I'd rather just link this playthrough I did so you can see for yourself: (Don't watch the video past the event if you don't wanna be spoiled)

So in terms of how it just played in the anime, I appreciate the cliffhanger but the writers definitely took a big risk on having Seraphina be the one to kill Esmerelda, because if its revealed later that it really was her that did it for whatever reason, and she's not just Sandra or Sandra controlling her, then that'll be a HUGE hit on her character that'll be impossible to recover from. So I'm worried, but I doubt they'll go down that route.

Also Sotherbee was so much cuter in game, why did they make him look like that and give him that voice :(
TertyBerbyNov 19, 2022 6:47 PM
Nov 20, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
So powerful episode! Sandra turn Serafina into an enemy! Hope that she will be back to her usual self soon!

Who knows why Ruri has one metal arm? What happened to it?
Dec 23, 2022 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
whoa, so seraphina is the villain all this time?
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 25, 2022 3:59 AM

Jul 2015
They found Esmeralda sisters rather quick, I expected it to take a couple of episodes. Curious to see what the deal is with Seraphina and Sandra.

Jan 1, 2023 11:10 PM

Feb 2021
Wait... What?! Are Serafina is friends with Sandra? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 24, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
Well the whole sister gathering was going a bit too smooth, so something bad had to happen eventually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.