Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2022 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
I was thinking some time ago about how many chapters are left until Next Dimension ends. I thought that we might have two or three volumes more, and it appears that my hunch was correct. I will explain it later.

What's more important is that according to the information posted on kurumadapro.com (official Masami Kurumada's website) on 9th September 2022, there will be only 16 chapters left.

Going back to my hunch about two or three volumes left, starting from Vol. 2 Saint Seiya: Next Dimension had stable number of 7 chapters per 1 volume. With 16 chapters left it means that either (I assume that ch. 96-102 are going to be released as Vol. 14; by the time of writing this post they haven't been released in tankobon format yet):
1) Vol. 15 and Vol. 16 will have 8 chapters each
2) Vol. 15 will have regular amount of 7 chapters, and Vol. 16 will have 9 chapters

Second option is possible, because many mangas have their final volumes extended by extra content, longer final chapter, or simply longer due to the fact that it's the final volume. Let's also not forget that Vol. 1 of Next Dimension consisted of 12 chapters in total.

You can read the full article here (I suggest turning on Google Translate if you, just like me, don't speak Japanese): https://kurumadapro.com/column/article_105.html

If you prefer to listen about its content instead of reading it, you might check out this video:

What do you think about this information? Are you happy to know when Next Dimension is going to end, or are you rather upset that it has only 16 chapters left?
Sep 12, 2022 3:17 PM

Feb 2014
Seems like Kurumada wants to retire soon, too bad the Heaven arc might not come true, at least not by his hands.
Sep 14, 2022 8:41 PM
Feb 2018
Damn that sucks. I guess we’ll never see Zeus
Sep 17, 2022 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
curvedtree said:
Seems like Kurumada wants to retire soon, too bad the Heaven arc might not come true, at least not by his hands.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kurumada-sensei handing over the baton to someone else once Next Dimension ends. I love his approach to Saint Seiya (he is the creator, after all), but he is not getting younger with each year, sadly. What's more, I read about his problems with hand, so basically with his main tool as mangaka. I think that retiring with the final chapter of Next Dimension, a sequel to his hit manga, would be really good way to end his careere as mangaka.

He wouldn't have to retire completely as an artist, of course. He could be active on the field of supervising Saint Seiya projects, or giving suggestions and advices to mangakas working on spin-offs.

RafieTheAnimeFan said:

Who knows, who knows? Perhaps a different mangaka will make it? You know, a licensed, fully approved by Masami Kurumada manga serving as a sequel to Next Dimension, just drawn by a different artist.

In the meantime you can give a try to two doujinshis by Iro Sakamihara: Saint Seiya: Zeus-hen and its sequel, Saint Seiya: Chaos-hen.

What's more, we don't know how ND is going to end like as well. Perhaps there will be no place for anything like Tenkai-hen or Zeus-hen?
Oct 3, 2022 6:00 AM

Sep 2020
That is disappointing, but I suppose it is better to end the series than keep going in the direction it is going. ND manga has been a huge letdown for me. It starts off really exciting, with the promise of new ideas. Artemis and her temple were fantastic concepts. The authour then decided to recycle everything from his previous works later in the series. I'm sorry, but it appears he didn't even try, as most golden saints from the past have identical designs to those in the future. It's a shame because there were so many possibilities he could have followed.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"
Oct 5, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
we ve known for a while that Kurumada might retire soon enough, he has that problem with his fingers which doesnt allow him to draw, hopefully he can collaborate with some ilustrator to continue the story which ive been enjoying since Oddyseus showed up

RafieTheAnimeFan said:

we ve seen a drawing of what Zeus might look like, it was many years ago
Mar 19, 2023 3:38 AM

Oct 2013
According to a tweet posted by @MangaMoguraRE on Twitter, the serialization of final season of Next Dimension's chapters is going to start on 13th April 2023, with issue 20/2023 of Weekly Shounen Champion. Link to the tweet I mentioned: https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1637011608697438209

Splendid. I can't wait to return to reading Next Dimension on weekly basis, haha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 118 Discussion

Adnash - Jul 3

14 by Jellybeanx »»
Oct 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 117 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 26

4 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 115 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 18

3 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 116 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 19

3 by Alexyahoo »»
Jun 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 114 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 5

4 by Adnash »»
Jun 10, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.