Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, we're actually getting a battle between Leo and Echidna. I guess this was inevitable given Leo's role in the series now. He also had to deal with Melnes too.

However, I am quite underwhelmed by Lili's role in this episode. It's looking like Echidna carrying this fight for now.

Jun 7, 2022 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
That's one hell of a warning for young Echidna, growing up to eventually be the Demon Lord Queen and fighting the Hero Leo to claim the Philosopher's Stone. It's reality in front of her very own eyes with the hero vs. villain switch.

The Hero bioweapon vs. the Four Demon Generals, and after what Leo put them through with being friends for a change, he turns this on them in the most devastating battle ever yet. The most sinful is Lily trying to understand Leo that repaying for the favours done before doesn't bat an emotion from him, denouncing that all Demon Generals face Leo with extreme seriousness, taking all the prior episodes' practice and putting it into this one action-packed episode.

Lily taken down emotionally, Edvard taken down physically, Mernes taken down magically, leaving Echidna and Shutina to fend for themselves against a bioweapon monster saving the world, even if it means destroying it at the same time. The last stratagem for Shutina to hold Leo off for 42 seconds while Echidna to unleash the Demons' most powerful spell that's passed down through generations and used solely against the Hero when the time is right, it's a gamble alright.

What an exhilarating episode.
Jun 7, 2022 8:10 AM

Sep 2020
Jun 7, 2022 8:29 AM
Apr 2022
Yui727 said:

probably a typing mistake, if not then it has the potential to become joke of the year.
Jun 7, 2022 8:41 AM

Mar 2013
Poor leo, I pity him from his circumstance...
It is despairing to see him forcing them to kill him... I do wonder what will happen next episode.
The animation sucks as always but whatevs... since I was able enjoyed it to some extent.
CrazyButNot4UJun 7, 2022 8:45 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 7, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
Please don't give us the usual end where there'll be an alternative and MC will not be killed. Imo, I'd be more satisfying to end Leo and have Echidna's party to be the new heroes. But ofc, story won't last long if that'll be the case so yea.

Feb 2019
This tonal twist the last two eps has been crazy. When Leo attacked Lili I really just wanted someone to take him out and end all this emo self hating bullshit.

If Echidna casts the disabling hero spell and all her mana who will attack leo since everyone else is knocked out lol? Next week is gonna be interesting.

Oct 2017
He's so strong he has an anti spell that's made only for him which only works for a few seconds, wow. Felt bad for Lily this episode, hope she can play with Leo again.
Jun 7, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2021
Yui727 said:

It's a typo. The place where I watched, subbed it properly

Jun 7, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I'm happy Leo hit Lily since she is just an annoying powerless brat!
Leo really showed a lot of his strength this episode! Defeating pretty much everyone with extremely minimal wounds...
Echidna is casting a spell that will disable his magic for a temporary amount of time so she can hopefully beat him...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 7, 2022 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
This is now "Akunin, Hajimemasu" lol.

Golly, another cliffhanger. I wonder if that spell is going to do anything to Leo. It is talked about as a gamble and it's going to use all of Echidna's mana sooooo fingers crossed!
Jun 7, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
A damn great episode all things considered..
For an anime with low budget.. The fight scenes were done pretty good..

Alot of fake villain laughs from Leo but Still.. pretty philishopical.. The Anime is nailing the Leo character imo
Jun 7, 2022 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
Leon went wild in this episode. This man has been living for 3,000 years that now his basically invinsible, except for that appareant spell. Of course we know that all the things he did in this episode is just and act and that he doesn't really think that way, just like Shutina said, and tbh he also said that himself last episode.

I wonder if that spell that Echidna will throw at him will actually do something or if it just a bust. It looked like Leo wanted to get hit it by it but it could just be the anime trying to confuse us into thinking that way. I can also perfectly see a plotwist in where Leo explains to Echidna that he was the one that made that spell and secretly told it to her ancestors in order for him to die as his dying or as it missed, yeah I know i'm getting ahead of myself but that wouldn't be the craziest idea or storyline to tell. But yeah I guess will have to wait and see.
Shinagawa101Jun 7, 2022 11:30 AM
Jun 7, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
I never thought this awesome battle could be so boring
Jun 7, 2022 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
I'm kinda getting the vibe from all the character lines mc is doing this so he can counter the skills from what he has already his one of his power. But darn its painful. F'ing love going into the next eps as technically he was one of the weakest bio units out of them and more still could exist.

At this point im just mc dont gone bad and he just learning new techniques. He aint killed anyone yet so, well, its a hope! Not sure where show would go after this if he just killed them all. Pretty sure demon queen and frost shooting woman onto it, but its totally in the air.

Roll on next week!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 7, 2022 1:44 PM
Mar 2022
Seeing Leo force himself to attack Ecchidna and the other Generals is both distressing and heartrending, considering that he doesn't actually want kill or even hurt them. He also subsides for a moment whenever the Generals try to talk him out of his mindless mayhem, but they all fail to the same extent.

I'm uncertain whether Leo intentionally lets himself get hit by Echidna's attack in the end or if he was actually distracted by Shutina. Nonetheless, I'm excited as to what will happen next, and this episode literally felt like 5 minutes max.

Also, why are some people saying that the animation sucks because I think it's pretty good, I've only seen like a few moments in the entire run that looked weird or out of place and I've seen some shows that were way worse in comparsion.
Jun 7, 2022 1:59 PM
Jan 2018
Given that he hasn’t killed any of them and could have at any l given time shows that he’s lying and just wants them to kill him because he’s probably scared that what he’s been saying will actually come true ,

And the whole reason he’s acting the way he is , is to get them to get serious and kill him otherwise they won’t do it and I’m guessing he can’t kill himself?

Plus this series is 3 volumes long and apparently this season is only vol 1.
Jun 7, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2018
ngl the episode felt pretty pointless. The generals just getting beaten up for 24 minutes lol
Jun 7, 2022 2:03 PM

May 2018
V1P3R0P said:
Yui727 said:

It's a typo. The place where I watched, subbed it properly

he is shirou emiya reincarnated
Jun 7, 2022 2:18 PM
Apr 2021
Leo laying the smackdown on everyone.
Jun 7, 2022 2:22 PM
Mar 2020
Obvious guy is too OP... 3000 years of experience and learning everything... Basicly entire world would be no match for him... Dam, but that's a decent plot twist, first it was sleepy mode, but then "Let's fight" and things to nuts :o
Jun 7, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2021
Despite the fight itself not being particularly awesome from the production side of things, the build-up made this worth it. I just wish it had a better studio. At least the OST playing during the battle was good and made it, for me at least, clear that Leo's purpose is to destroy himself before he loses it.

Jun 7, 2022 3:15 PM

May 2016
Once I saw this episode I knew for a fact this is gonna have a shitty ending. Talk no jutsu or whatever.
Too bad because I thought Leo was so fucking badass looking to.
Jun 7, 2022 3:17 PM

Aug 2020
Leo's so good in roleplaying as the evil one kek

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 7, 2022 3:34 PM

Mar 2018
Not to be that guy, but considering that these 5 work together as Demon Generals, surely they should have fighting tactics that involve working together. One main reason why they are lost so spectacularly is that they all just kept attacking him, one by one. If Melnes just combined with Shutina OR Echidna, their chances of success instantly skyrocket.

Nonetheless, good episode, I love the direction this turned towards and it's very interesting.
Jun 7, 2022 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
I thought last week was the best episode of the series and now we have this one. Holy Lord this episode was LIT!!!

Leo is a straight savage.

I thought the dialogue throughout the episode was really well done and we see the development of each of the Generals and where they are now compared to where they were in the beginning of the series.

I feel like the entire show has almost come full circle and I love it.

Next week will be even better.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 7, 2022 4:02 PM

May 2015
I'm glad that he's not holding back to keep up the act but it sucks that they've figured out his true intentions so soon. I was hoping he'd wreck them then go and terrorize a bit and the demon team would fight him a second time. So like they're hesitant to fight now and lose but resolve themselves and fight again. Theres still two episodes left so I feel they could have done that but oh well. I just hope they don't fall flat when we had that amazing cliffhanger last episode.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 7, 2022 5:45 PM
Apr 2022
An episode of Leo asserting his dominance over weak side characters. Maybe Echidna can Anti-emo him in the next episode. We shall see.
Jun 7, 2022 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
What did we just see! What an episode!
Boy, i get why Leo is doing all this but it still hurts to see.

I am afraid and at the same time hyped for the next episode!

Oh and also, this ED is definitely one of the best of the season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 7, 2022 7:41 PM
Apr 2022
Yui727 said:

It actually makes sense. Want to die and wanting to be killed are totally different. He Leo wants one to die, he could create a spell and commit sepuku.
Jun 7, 2022 10:29 PM

Jun 2021
Holy shit, Leo is an absolute monster! It actually sends chills down my spine. The fact that five of the strongest demons working together are still no match for him says a lot about his strength. And I like how Echidna’s trump card is literally called Anti-Leo.
Jun 8, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
Will Leo can be debuffed by using Anti-Leo Skill? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 8, 2022 2:36 AM
Jun 2022
Fun to see Leo play the heel and I'm looking forward to the big reveal where it turns out his plan makes sense somehow.
Jun 8, 2022 5:43 AM

Nov 2019
They really nailed the pacing with this fighting episode. I've seen soo many shows where fighting is just empty. But here? This drives the plot and the story forward. We get to know the characters! It's great! And they even nailed that actions are stronger than words!

AivanK said:

I agree with you on every point AivanK!

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───
Jun 8, 2022 5:48 AM

Oct 2016
Goddamn, episode actually had me tearing up, they did a good job building this up by letting us get to know the generals and Echidna one by one and establishing good friendships with Leo, makes this conflict really hit harder. This one hell of a suicide though Leo. Can't wait for the next episode.

Also, the full version of the EDs just came out, was listening to it while typing, fucking banger.
Jun 8, 2022 6:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well well look at what happens to the fight, Leo really give all of them a hell, even not giving any shit to Lily and Shutina the babe. Dang you, Leo, crazy bastard. But, looks like Echidona had something under her sleeves, and its called anti Leo, the binding special spell for hero! Nice name spell, and lets see if its really paid off!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 8, 2022 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
actually leo and demon lord echidna is perfect couple !!
Jun 8, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2017
ok, i know that Leo is op af, but i didn't expect his power is too strong like this, he literally can face all the demon king commander alone, but idk what will happen in the next episode, is he gonna sealed or it's just another easy counter for him, kinda excited tho
Jun 8, 2022 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
Like Shutina said Leo is a terrible liar. He doesn't want to kill humanity or the demons anymore. Let's be honest if he wanted to kill the four Generals and the Demon Queen he would have done so already. He's a monster of over 3000 years old. If he really wanted to die he could have just killed himself with ease.

But he wanted the demon queen to use that final spell to disarm him and then hopefully kill him. He's probably just testing the Generals and making sure that they are strong enough to defend both humanity and demon kind.
Jun 8, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because Leo goes with all his strength towards Echidna and the others and asks them to kill him in order to save humanity and the world from Devils
Jun 9, 2022 4:24 PM
Jan 2017
Even with that Echidna's spell i don't think she can stop him, poor Shutina tho :(
Jun 9, 2022 6:00 PM

Mar 2019
Was expecting some cool name for this ultimate anti hero spell. But then she shouts "anti leo!"

Well i guess the demon king astaroth really hated him huh :)
Jun 9, 2022 7:02 PM
Dec 2015
PurpleMagic said:
Like Shutina said Leo is a terrible liar. He doesn't want to kill humanity or the demons anymore. Let's be honest if he wanted to kill the four Generals and the Demon Queen he would have done so already. He's a monster of over 3000 years old. If he really wanted to die he could have just killed himself with ease.

But he wanted the demon queen to use that final spell to disarm him and then hopefully kill him. He's probably just testing the Generals and making sure that they are strong enough to defend both humanity and demon kind.

I totally agree with you here. He had plenty of times where he could have killed the four Generals and the Demon Queen but hasn't. So the question is what is the reason for all of this.

Something tells me it has something to do with the Philosopher's stone, but if that's the case, then it would be the Demon Queen's fault if he dies because she was the one that wanted the Philosopher's stone and was upset that he was keeping her from it.
Jun 12, 2022 1:00 AM

Nov 2009
Leo literally turns the roles around.

Where the Demons are now "heroes" and the Hero is now the "villain"

And making it so the Demons now have to "protect" the Humans...

And while Leo "takes" the general down, he didn't kill them, but rather literally just knocks them out of the fight. (Leo was still holding back his true power)

___ ___ ___

Leo being the "tragic hero" in order to "really" save the world...

We totally saw this sad end coming when they changed the ED to a darker tone a few episodes ago...

Leo is a true hero.

I really hope this ends well... there are multiple scenario here. (spoiler in case one of them is true) (I didn't read the source)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 16, 2022 2:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, pretty heavy episode, Leo wants all of them to kill him because he's trapped in his own condition of saving his world.. though it's really sad to see him acting as a villain even though he doesn't think what he says or do, poor everyone... now Echidna is throwing her ultimate spell against him
Jul 31, 2022 5:20 AM

Jun 2020
Well if it isn't the consequences of Leo's actions I'm kind of thinking he's still holding back because he has a connection with them but thinking he doesn't stop is concerning

Echidna got lectured early on in her life and considered to be the Demon Queen is a lot to take in, Now seeing how they crumble and fall isn't that appealing especially if they're drop dead like flies not even a single strategy that can somewhat help them is the thing I sensed why did they started to face Leo one by one

So this is his part where he's called an anti hero and I hope they don't mess this story up and not progress anything I'm hoping this will turn out good or worse even.
Aug 18, 2022 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
there is no reason for all of this to happen
Sep 7, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
A lot of asswhooping but still painful to see Leo clearly acting like the bad guy

Sep 13, 2022 9:38 PM
Oct 2019
Just when this show starts to get good, we get this dumb episode. Idk if I even want to finish the season now
Sep 17, 2022 8:02 AM
Jan 2022
Horrible animation but its ok this show is not good
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

141 by Richard170 »»
Sep 28, 9:00 PM

» What happened to the time limit? (spoilers)

RavenSynthesis6 - Jun 21, 2022

6 by Suratu »»
Sep 14, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

72 by handa_cohomology »»
Sep 1, 11:25 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

29 by Tylerr »»
Aug 20, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

78 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 14, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.