Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2021 11:32 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was such a relaxing a chapter and a very needed one imo.
Faputa as expected followed the crew, even tho she was quite reluctant at first. She’s literally so cute.
Also, wtf moment. Did Riko just…

No 7th layer yet. They are still going down the sixth, which I am glad they are exploring more. The village was basically all we saw of this layer. Also I noticed the creatures they are encountering, the more they go further, the more alien-ish they look. Cool.

The highlight of the chapter was probably Riko mentioning Wakuna and Srajo. Guess we will see them soon, since they are supposed to be either in the 6th layer or 7th.
Chapter ends with Faputa being won over with Riko’s food. Such a cute chapter.

XenocrisiOct 20, 2021 8:53 AM
Oct 23, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
Why mangaka keeps pushing these gross moments?... Is that his fetish or smth? What's next, Faputa is going to fart in their faces and Reg with Riko are gonna visit some sort of Fart Dreamland? Jesus... how do you even go from having such an incredible premise and world with amazing characters and beautiful sceneries to kids sniffing anuses?... I guess this is the sacrifice we must made every time we receive some actual plot details X____x
Oct 23, 2021 11:47 AM
Jan 2020
We finally can stop reminding people that Riko's white whistle was never Torka! Also, a possible Reg origin arc? Yes please.
Oct 23, 2021 5:26 PM

Mar 2014
AH yes finally onward to our their next adventure.

To start with...some butt smelling.

Marvellous!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 23, 2021 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
TheMangaManiac said:
Why mangaka keeps pushing these gross moments?... Is that his fetish or smth? What's next, Faputa is going to fart in their faces and Reg with Riko are gonna visit some sort of Fart Dreamland? Jesus... how do you even go from having such an incredible premise and world with amazing characters and beautiful sceneries to kids sniffing anuses?... I guess this is the sacrifice we must made every time we receive some actual plot details X____x

Sometimes I just have to question the mindset of the author.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 23, 2021 8:07 PM

Nov 2018
Can we insert FBI meme here?

Jk
Oct 23, 2021 8:36 PM

May 2019
I knew it, Faputa is back and now, once for all, added to the team.

The author now have double excuses for perverted loli furry innuendos disguised in wholesome adventure.
Oct 28, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2020
i hope they remove these kind of scenes in the anime.

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Oct 29, 2021 9:05 AM
Feb 2021
TheMangaManiac said:
I disagree with you, This manga is all about adventure,explore everything not just abyss but also EVERYTHING in it,it not a fetish it curiosity,Riko want to study everything ,just like in the beginning of the manga she even take a stick and stick it in reg butthole just to know how it work,she want to study everything in abyss that include creature,plant etc. That what make riko special, her curiosity she doesnt care how gross or disgusting is it.Is also what made this manga special it not hiding thing like that.you think sicentist can achieve what they have achieved without doing gross and disgusting stuff. How do you think sicentist IRL discover other animal body and study them.In conclude, it not a fetish it just very relistic.That why i love this manga so much (also im not from america so sorry for my bad english,hope you get my point)
Oct 29, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2010
B2004x said:
TheMangaManiac said:
I disagree with you, This manga is all about adventure,explore everything not just abyss but also EVERYTHING in it,it not a fetish it curiosity,Riko want to study everything ,just like in the beginning of the manga she even take a stick and stick it in reg butthole just to know how it work,she want to study everything in abyss that include creature,plant etc. That what make riko special, her curiosity she doesnt care how gross or disgusting is it.Is also what made this manga special it not hiding thing like that.you think sicentist can achieve what they have achieved without doing gross and disgusting stuff. How do you think sicentist IRL discover other animal body and study them.In conclude, it not a fetish it just very relistic.That why i love this manga so much (also im not from america so sorry for my bad english,hope you get my point)

Yeah, undressing kids and tying them up in some sort of BDSM also leads to some interesting scientific breakthroughs... I hear you fam. We're probably reading different stories.
Oct 29, 2021 9:41 PM

May 2016
Leysoh said:
i hope they remove these kind of scenes in the anime.

That's why the anime will always be inferior to the manga.
Nov 4, 2021 12:20 AM
Nov 2020
TheMangaManiac said:

Yeah, undressing kids and tying them up in some sort of BDSM also leads to some interesting scientific breakthroughs... I hear you fam. We're probably reading different stories.

Dude, if you're mad about something that happens in the first chapter, I'm amazed you made it this far throughout the story. But then again, I feel this scene (smelling butt scene) is pretty lighthearted. I mean, it's just a funny scene that makes fun of Riko's curious nature as she feels compelled to study every minute detail of the contents of the abyss. It feels like some people have gotten a little too used to being outraged by this story's adult scenes and have forgotten this is a story directed towards a mature audience.
LandSwimmerNov 4, 2021 4:11 AM
Nov 6, 2021 5:09 AM

Jan 2018
That butt sniff was definitely weird.
I find biology super fascinating but i would prefer to not know whenever or not faputa has a bird hole.
Like wtf dude xD
Nov 7, 2021 3:10 AM
Nov 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
I find biology super fascinating but i would prefer to not know whenever or not faputa has a bird hole.
Like wtf dude xD

I totally agree that the scene was a little weird. I just also think it was a bit refreshing and light-hearted compared to other controversial scenes in this manga and especially after seeing that huge fight and destruction in the previous few chapters.

I also think the fact that Faputa has a bird hole is the author's way of trying to censor Faputa while trying to provide some interesting biological elements to her character. I think this censorship comes from the fact that she pretty much runs around naked due to her animosity. Then again, it's definitely a weird way of trying to censor her rather than just giving her pants or something.
Nov 7, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2018
LandSwimmer said:
CuteAssTiger said:
Like wtf dude xD

I totally agree that the scene was a little weird. I just also think it was a bit refreshing and light-hearted compared to other controversial scenes in this manga and especially after seeing that huge fight and destruction in the previous few chapters.

I also think the fact that Faputa has a bird hole is the author's way of trying to censor Faputa while trying to provide some interesting biological elements to her character. I think this censorship comes from the fact that she pretty much runs around naked due to her animosity. Then again, it's definitely a weird way of trying to censor her rather than just giving her pants or something.

I honestly think it would be better to not draw attention to that though.

I think in many cases of controversial scenes people are overreacting. Like for example when nanachi pulls rikos pants down after she pissed herself after the encounter with the poisonous beast.
That scene is more of a joke because reg reacts so hilariously shocked while nanachi doesn't care . And it kinda comes unexpected out of nowhere. But logically nanachi is just doing what she needs to do to help riko.

Other scenes are often just camping-like circumstances. It sells the feel of how you have to clean everything yourself in he abyss . There are no bath tubs or washing machines. Every big body of water is an opportunity for hygiene.
And i think that sort of enriches the camping-feel that traveling through the abyss brings.

But sniffing a characters butt is just so in your face. It's weird.
I'm not going to trow a fit but i can see how Twitter would have a mental breakdown over this
Nov 7, 2021 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
This was a cute chapter. But I think it won't stay quite as peaceful as it is now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2021 8:50 PM
Oct 2018
The butt sniffing was so weird but perfect. Great unwind chapter, still interesting, still has its soul great author good series.
Nov 23, 2021 4:13 AM

Apr 2016
The thing that awaits them at the bottom of the abyss ... is the King of the machines.
Nov 23, 2021 5:22 PM

Apr 2016
Hope we'll see next chapter this winter already, because things are getting really interesting and i can't wait!
Btw butt sniff was really...disturbing, i'm just gonna get it out of my mind and try to forget
Nov 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
Caught up with the manga yet again...

I won't be surprised if next chapter comes sometime next year.
Nov 27, 2021 12:16 AM

Jan 2021
i love this manga so much but why does the author have to be so creepy...
Nov 28, 2021 7:17 PM

Sep 2020
aa what a nice chapter to finish up this business with the golden city. redemption felt to be the recurring theme for the arc, maybe "balancing" to put it more bluntly lol. very happy that it's basically guaranteed faputa will be joining the team. many things lost and many things gained

what in the abyss will the 7th layer have lying in wait?
SsilverNov 29, 2021 11:33 AM
Dec 28, 2021 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
But smelling... Dude, there was butt smelling in this chapter. BUTT SMELLING!
Jan 2, 2022 5:36 AM
Jul 2019
CuteAssTiger said:

I think in many cases of controversial scenes people are overreacting. Like for example when nanachi pulls rikos pants down after she pissed herself after the encounter with the poisonous beast.
That scene is more of a joke because reg reacts so hilariously shocked while nanachi doesn't care . And it kinda comes unexpected out of nowhere. But logically nanachi is just doing what she needs to do to help riko.

Other scenes are often just camping-like circumstances. It sells the feel of how you have to clean everything yourself in he abyss . There are no bath tubs or washing machines. Every big body of water is an opportunity for hygiene.
And i think that sort of enriches the camping-feel that traveling through the abyss brings.

So many people who spend their lives on Social Media have never been camping, hiking, or even go outside to anywhere besides a Shopping Mall or Grocery Store.

If you ever go on a multi-day hike with a group all that "OMG ICKY GROSS PERVY" about nudity, pooping, or anything else just goes the fuck out the window. Ain't nobody got time for that pearl clutching bullshit 40 miles from nowhere where the only way to clean yourself or your clothes is in the river.

If someone gets hurt? All bets are off. Been through that once and it's scary as hell. The person had to cut off the girl's shirt and her bra with his pocket knife. Why? Because not moving her injured arm was more important that the opinion of some asshole that brings sex into everything. I can safely say NO ONE was thinking of sex at that point, only if she'd be okay because it was a nasty fucking fall.

Guess the outrage idiots on Twitter would rather stink like piss the whole trip and die of a wound, instead of bruising their delicate sensibilities. Seriously these people need to get out and live real-life sometimes...

Wow, Really? That's Amazingly Stupid! Too bad you've been ignored, I might have actually read that and laughed at you again.
Jan 2, 2022 7:58 AM

Jan 2018
xMutinyx said:
CuteAssTiger said:

So many people who spend their lives on Social Media have never been camping, hiking, or even go outside to anywhere besides a Shopping Mall or Grocery Store.

If you ever go on a multi-day hike with a group all that "OMG ICKY GROSS PERVY" about nudity, pooping, or anything else just goes the fuck out the window. Ain't nobody got time for that pearl clutching bullshit 40 miles from nowhere where the only way to clean yourself or your clothes is in the river.

If someone gets hurt? All bets are off. Been through that once and it's scary as hell. The person had to cut off the girl's shirt and her bra with his pocket knife. Why? Because not moving her injured arm was more important that the opinion of some asshole that brings sex into everything. I can safely say NO ONE was thinking of sex at that point, only if she'd be okay because it was a nasty fucking fall.

Guess the outrage idiots on Twitter would rather stink like piss the whole trip and die of a wound, instead of bruising their delicate sensibilities. Seriously these people need to get out and live real-life sometimes...

Yeah that's the type of feel i mostly get from made in abyss when scenes like that arrive.
They aren't sexually charged. They are just camping like circumstances.

Washing clothing , patching up injuries . Stuff like that.

I still think that the scene in this chapter was very weird but most other scenes that cause minor controversys in made in abyss are just camping-like circumstances.
Characters living in the wilderness of the abyss
Jan 17, 2023 1:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
tasty soup!!! kekeke
Nov 4, 2023 3:16 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to xMutinyx
CuteAssTiger said:

@xMutinyx You won't believe how many people got the P word remark and predator remark on online forum talking about this chapter as they ignored all the sus elements as they say, like literally people with sane minds didn't even come to think as anything weird is going on and the one who screams problematic are the one saying 'oh this is bad and author is P word' even I who said 'guys this is literally the worst place for them to be' and just grow some balls as not everything is problematic as not everyone got dirty mind and all I got is attacks and P word so much so that some dumbass made an account to just harass me.

Like there is no pron involved and they could die any moment and its so bad that your body will turn to much if you ascent but the dumb mentality of some folks be like ohhh butt sniffing scene is weird, like literally I don't even remember that scene until and unless someone explains it as I am just thinking 'bro if they get up suddenly and something goes out it will be like ascent and they will die'

Like who thinks about pervy stuff when such a dangerous place is involved and characters could die.
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Nov 5, 2023 6:40 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to Tats_Spill_Tea
@xMutinyx You won't believe how many people got the P word remark and predator remark on online forum talking about this chapter as they ignored all the sus elements as they say, like literally people with sane minds didn't even come to think as anything weird is going on and the one who screams problematic are the one saying 'oh this is bad and author is P word' even I who said 'guys this is literally the worst place for them to be' and just grow some balls as not everything is problematic as not everyone got dirty mind and all I got is attacks and P word so much so that some dumbass made an account to just harass me.

Like there is no pron involved and they could die any moment and its so bad that your body will turn to much if you ascent but the dumb mentality of some folks be like ohhh butt sniffing scene is weird, like literally I don't even remember that scene until and unless someone explains it as I am just thinking 'bro if they get up suddenly and something goes out it will be like ascent and they will die'

Like who thinks about pervy stuff when such a dangerous place is involved and characters could die.
@Yeji_Flying_Hair

These people are coddled. Never had to face a situation where you have to HUMBLE YOURSELF or else you will die. So they talk and talk as if they know everything because they are too vain to admit they know NOTHING. I've s*** in a cathole and had a girl walk up and do the same thing right next to me. There was no better bush to hide behind and it was an "emergency" for her lol. The trick is to look straight ahead. NO ONE wants to see what the other person is doing and talking it out is a way to keep yourself distracted :).

I would never want any of these pearl clutchers to hike one of the Long Trails in the U.S. (AT, CDT, PCT) They're problematic and cause the toxicity they claim everyone else does. Their Internet mentality just doesn't work IRL. Nobody is going to wait and possibly s*** themselves after hiking a hard 16 miles because this individual wrongly believes everyone with a penis is a damn Predator. People need to Grow the F up, but they won't because they are too scared to travel outside anywhere that isn't an official "Safe Space".
Wow, Really? That's Amazingly Stupid! Too bad you've been ignored, I might have actually read that and laughed at you again.
Jan 31, 3:10 AM

Nov 2020
wow anal sniffing.... I like this manga but such scenes are really unnecessary
Sep 24, 10:06 PM
Nov 2023
wholesome cooking chapter

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 69 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

25 by topfloorboss45 »»
Oct 18, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 68 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

6 by nanajp »»
Oct 16, 3:49 PM

» When is the manga likely to end

loafing_loafer - Sep 22

6 by ZachyMoof »»
Oct 4, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

34 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 27, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 66 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 30, 2023

11 by Dumb »»
Sep 23, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.