Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that's Kazuya Soma putting his knowledge to work when talking with Halbert. The political talk gave a decent insight of Soma's ability to command his message.

Also, I noticed Liscia getting along much better with Soma now that they've known each other more. I think it's kinda cute how their relationship has developed so far in the show.
Aug 7, 2021 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
Well his ability to convince others is working again which is nice to see.
Still the news in the cliffhanger didn't seem to be that good, it will be interesting to see how things play out.
Anyway Leicia and Souma are getting closer so the date is a success, Leicia is a bit shy tho.
Aug 7, 2021 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Aw that Lap pillow moment with Souma and Liscia was adorable. She’s gradually warmed up to him. She’s still a bit shy and reserved but it’s so damn cute.

Nice cliffhanger to leave off on as well
Aug 7, 2021 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
It was nice to see more glassed Liscia in a school uniform, as well as , some cute and lovely moments between Souma and Liscia.
And with a cliffhanger ending, maybe there will be some war soon??
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 7, 2021 11:06 AM

Jul 2017
Now we dive deep into the military side of politics to add to the reforms treatment.

Kazuya, Liscia and Aisha meets Halbert Magna and Kaede Foxia, both holding positions within the army. The way things stand now, is that Kaede has a better understanding of the current warring situation that's in tatters, and Kazuya needs every help he could get with his chosen strategist Hakuya to unify neighbouring nations against the Demon Lord's Domain...or besiege if an external coup d'etat alliance occurs to rip through Elfreiden.

I'd say that Halbert sure lost his cool over the current sidelines while Kazuya rips him from within, but the consequences of joining the opposition is entirely on his own accord. Both him and Kaede are childgood friends, but when it truly comes to the call, he cannot protect her if he went by his gut instincts, and Kazuya gave him a well-deserved lecture of command.

I still think that Kazuya and Liscia's relationship is sweet, but because of royalty that they have to act according to hierarchy, whch isn't what Kazuya is looking for. Aisha is keen being the 3rd party at least to pretend she isn't around, heh.

With the order of Kazuya, both childhood friends are working alongside each other in the Forbidden Army, but the news thereafter from Glaive...is not good. What could it be that berthrones a heavy heart?
Aug 7, 2021 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
Well, all I can say is Souma is really good with his words. He convinced Halbert in a span of just a few minutes. Gotta love the new king.

Also, Liscia and Souma are getting closer and closer to each other. I really like them both together. Liscia is really sweet and our king is not bad as well. And, let's just say Halbert's dad wasn't too happy with him. LOL. And, that cliffhanger.
Aug 7, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2020
Liscia getting alone much better with souma thats nice to see and its cute.

In the end was the plot twist we cant see what they two along talk about. Looking forward to the next Episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 7, 2021 11:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Decentralizing the military's quite the creative way to ensure that the voices of the other races within the kingdom are heard. Wow Hal really is simple minded in his ambitions huh. If anything the kingdom sure has quite the number of countries surrounding them. Aisha's quick thinking was a given but im surprised Juna was also prepared in her own way too. Halberts reaction on recognizing Souma though was priceless. Souma's speech though was pretty dark but it made it that much more compelling. Halbert sure had quite the punishment from his dad. But in the end at least both Foxia and Halbert were given the opportunity to serve Souma together. Overall an interesting ep that served to introduce quite a curious duo in the form of Halbert and Foxia that nonetheless have some great chemistry and bonds between them. From this ep looks like the three dukes that control the military aren't too trusting of Souma yet. Going by the ep the news that was conveyed sounds pretty bad. Can't wait till next ep now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 2016
Meeting some new interesting characters this episode after they ended the last. Kaede and Hal are quite the pair, A hot head and the level head. Hal making some wild claims about leaving the kindoms army for the dukes. Kaede speaking about a rebellious lord stirring up trouble. The explanation given at the beginning of the episode started the make more sense after hearing Hal saw his wild shit about switching sides. The dukes for the other races are there to even out the human monarchy. Which is good in theory and some practice since it keeps things even but also slows down any time change needs to be implemented. The dukes ignoring any message Souma has sent certainly isn't a good thing. It was funny when Souma just walked up the the table Kaede and Hal were at and revealed himself. Dumb Hal still didn't realize until Souma spelled it out for him. At least things were straightened out later and Kaede and Hal got promotions after showing they had strong resolve. A cute date between Souma and Liscia afterwards with that nice lap pillow, poor Aisha having to be third wheel. Something bad must be brewing with Hal dad requesting a private audience with Souma.
Aug 7, 2021 11:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Souma was actually great against Halbert, but well he got punished by his father anyway so that's already fine xD the moment with Liscia was kinda cute
Aug 7, 2021 11:24 AM

Nov 2019
Discussing out loud how you are going to side against the king is not a good plan my dude.

Souma used facts and logic (as well as the power of childhood friendship) to convince him not to.

Aug 7, 2021 11:38 AM

Oct 2017
Allright episode overall, I highly doubt Kaede and Hal will play any major role in the story but the info Souma gained at the end of the episode is gonna be crucial.
Aug 7, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2021
In the end nothing serious, he was convinced and it didn't go any further
Now they are new additions to the force, which is always a good thing

Hmm, AAA cliffhanger, I wonder what did he say to Kazuya 0.0
Aug 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
i dont do this anymore bc im a grown adult but…Aisha best girl. the singing lady 2nd because of having the fork on standby lol
Aug 7, 2021 12:38 PM
Sep 2015
Halbert is hot but his father is even hotter since he has DILF quality. It makes me want to be a King too!
Aug 7, 2021 1:24 PM
Jul 2019
Kaede ran to tell the duke what happened and had her childhood friend beaten by her father. After that, if it were him, he would have her as his mortal enemy. 😄
Aug 7, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
Kazuya managed to convince another person. I'm not suprised anymore. His talk no jutsu is on a different level. Seems like we're getting some action soon. A good cliffhanger in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 7, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
Never confuse a mystic wolf with a mystic fox. It'll get you killed.

Kazuya must have weird luck to run into people discussing topics like this on his day off. I suppose it's nice that he resolved it.

The cliffhangers are killing me inside. Half of them are pointless.

Aug 7, 2021 2:01 PM

May 2018
We really are doing a cliffhanger every episode aren't we xD and the civil unrest between the demi-human armies and the royal army cannot be underestimated here.
Aug 7, 2021 2:46 PM
Aug 2021
It breaks my heart to see this to be part of the worst adaptation isekai
Slow paced
13 EPs
Skipped some stuff
It's ending weirdly with hope of season 2
Or is there part 2 😭
Aug 7, 2021 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Souma talking about those different species that each region he dominates was even nice to find out more about the world where he is.
Aug 7, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2021
This episode was excellent. The political information mostly flew over my head but seeing the childhood friends was nice. Souma once again shows his skills as a king, which was great to see. Add on a little "lap pillow" moment along with a serious love talk to build a little bit of romantic tension in Souma and Liscia's relationship. Great development so far, with a great pace of events.

The cliffhanger wasn't as suspenseful as the cliffhanger where Tomoe told Souma about her talking to demons, but still a good cliffhanger.

Overall, an excellent episode that did not disappoint me in the slightest. I can't wait for next week's episode.
Aug 7, 2021 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
Souma is good with convincing people,though this episode annoyed me in that it glossed over the main points of his "discussion" with Halbert,as its a hell of a lot more graphic in the LN,and could have easily been done in a slightly longer timeframe here,which would have made a lot more sense as to why Halbert changed his mind so easily.
Don't get me wrong,I think it's great that one of my favourite LN's has got an anime adaption and so far i have enjoyed it,but I wish they'd chosen a bit better the bits to leave out or keep in.

Oh well,maybe there'll be a "King Souma" cut on the blu-rays :)
Aug 7, 2021 6:55 PM
Feb 2012
I really like this show, but I have to downgrade it to a 7/10 because of it using the "let me whisper you a secret" cliffhanger as a plot device way too much.
Aug 7, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2017
Decent introductory episode of the political landscape of the country, poor Souma now has to overcome the annoying decentralized military to improve it

Looks like Juna have a scary side to her huh... o_O
Aug 7, 2021 8:51 PM

Dec 2010
I'm not as bothered if they will end up doing a cliffhanger every episode lol.

I guess it's one of the show's charm points at this point.
Aug 7, 2021 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
Another pretty chill episode, but i do hope we get to see some future battles led by our boy.
The whole reasoning to gave to that guy was pretty good, he never stood a chance, also it's good that he stepped in otherwise he would have been in a problem lmao

The whole garden scene was pretty good man, that silence from Kazuya can mean only one thing xD
Now i do wonder why that guy told to Kazuya at the end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 7, 2021 9:50 PM
Nov 2018
Nice episode i even already hope for season 2 lol
Aug 7, 2021 10:22 PM
Dec 2019
Another "man=dumb, woman=smart" trope, how original...
Aug 7, 2021 10:57 PM
Dec 2018
Souma's power isn't absolute. If he pisses off any of the three military dukes, then he risk a rebellion. This is sort of a "check and balance" system in the autocratic Elfrieden kingdom, I supposed.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Aug 8, 2021 12:19 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, Juna was ready to choose violence.

Pretty good episode, and it's nice to know how Elfrieden stands with the other kingdoms. I wonder if Souma will really go to war with the three dukedoms or if he can find a way to settle matters peacefully.

I really like the addition of Kaede and Hal to the cast, especially Kaede of course, she's cute.

Lap pillow moment was sweet, just get married already you two, Aisha pretending to be sleeping was great lmao. They really love leaving us with cliffhangers don't they. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 8, 2021 1:53 AM
Feb 2021
Conceptualhero said:
Souma's power isn't absolute. If he pisses off any of the three military dukes, then he risk a rebellion. This is sort of a "check and balance" system in the autocratic Elfrieden kingdom, I supposed.

Except he's pretty clearly just gonna talk-no-jutsu them into compliance like with every other non-issue in this world.
Aug 8, 2021 2:03 AM
Dec 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Conceptualhero said:

Except he's pretty clearly just gonna talk-no-jutsu them into compliance like with every other non-issue in this world.

I remember you from the other thread... I finished up to volume 4, so let's see if he is really only going to "talk-no-jutsu" them.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Aug 8, 2021 3:07 AM

Apr 2015
Juna was actually ready to stab Halbert, good thing Aisha was quick on the uptake. That could have been a major (negative) development right there.

Kaede is cute and I couldn't help but think she might have been Liscia's little sister if it wasn't for the race difference.

The moment between Kazuya and Liscia was pretty sweet, felt like they were both testing each other to see how they truly feel about each other. Love how Aisha overheard everything they said. Spicy, surprised that Aisha wasn't jealous.

Again with the cliffhanger... they love doing that don't they. Leaving me curious to what that guy might have said.
Aug 8, 2021 3:11 AM

Feb 2018
siding with the three nobles was a bad idea because Souma was the best and competent king. besides, Juna seems like a spy, what is Juna doing with a knife, idk.
Aug 8, 2021 3:19 AM

Aug 2013
YESSSHHH !!! Finally we're moving onto the civil war arc.
This is where things gets really exciting just like tensei slime.
Non novel readers must had to bare with the cliff hanger each episode lmao.
Aug 8, 2021 7:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh right, looks like Souma will reaching the difficult part since he is become that kingdom leader; gained the trust and reuniting all the three Dukedoms, before the neighboring countries taking an advantage of the presently cold-war within the kingdom. Thanks to that different races couple, everything right rushing up to the important issues of those isolated place. Thank you very much.

Though, thats some funny reaction of them when be late to realized the existence of their king right at their behind, especially to that boy. But damn, that mystic foxxy girl was so freakin cute. No wonder Souma moved her position into a higher level as his direct staff. Dude knows how to use his vvip position pretty well. Also, Aisha pretend sleeping while Souma had a good little time there really a great job of her. Appreciate with your kind move there, girl.

I wonder why Juna act like that? Already got enough information of Souma before conclude everything to your grandma? Well, ofc its ended up with another ridiculous cliffhanger. Oh well, fine. I'll wait and see next then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 8, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2015
Whats wrong with this anime and cliffhanger??? Good episode anyway. Liscia being alpha heroine there.
Aug 8, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
Ibrahim31shaari said:
Whats wrong with this anime and cliffhanger??? Good episode anyway. Liscia being alpha heroine there.

Yeh, right? Why soo many cliffhangers?? I like the series but I would love to end a Sunday afternoon without soo much anticipation for next week's ep.

I especially love the way the MC does things, he listens not to what people say about themselves, instead, he hears what they say about normal problems and solutions and takes his conclusions based on those. An example for every leader in every existing worlds!!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Aug 8, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2021
Tbh, I really hope we get some more conflict going forward. It's satisfying to see the kingdom's situation improve and develop, but I want to see Souma miscalculate majorly at one point, instead of being right all the time. Hopefully we'll get that with the inevitable negotiations between other kingdoms, since they've been building then up a lot.
Aug 8, 2021 12:35 PM
Nov 2019
The more i watch this the more i see this isekai getting better as a person that likes isekai genere well this show is a 7 maybe a bit more in some episodes it creates a pretty nice moment but i see a lot of people that don't like this, Well if you watch SAO, No game no life and Log Horizon maybe add some Tanya the Evil military you get this show Liscia for me is a carbon copy of SAO Asuna the mc is like a mix from NGNL and Log Horizon if you have watched NGNL /Sao man intro gives me flashbacks from NGNL and Sao the political/military is welcome but i hope is not going to develop into a well one punch kind of power (skills of mc) this season has some pretty good isekai hope this show gets more episodes or maybe a sequel.
Aug 8, 2021 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
God damn the world building and character building in this anime has been unbelievable!
Liscia being very honest (to a point) about her feelings is actually refreshing to see in an anime for once!
Meanwhile Aisha fake sleeping had me crying!

I was a little shocked to see Juna holding what seemed to be a Fork ready to stab Holbert for getting to close to Souma...that was cool.

Excited for war soon!

Here is Sleepy Aisha for you.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 8, 2021 3:28 PM
Feb 2021
Gwenpool said:
Tbh, I really hope we get some more conflict going forward. It's satisfying to see the kingdom's situation improve and develop, but I want to see Souma miscalculate majorly at one point, instead of being right all the time. Hopefully we'll get that with the inevitable negotiations between other kingdoms, since they've been building then up a lot.

You're in the wrong genre if you want to see protagonists make mistakes. The most you can hope for is the protagonist having to hold himself back to avoid angering someone else and worsening a situation, I doubt you'll EVER see him actually straight-up fail.

It kills the self-insert wish-fulfillment if he does.
Aug 8, 2021 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
Syureria said:
siding with the three nobles was a bad idea because Souma was the best and competent king. besides, Juna seems like a spy, what is Juna doing with a knife, idk.

That's a meat carving fork.

And yes, Halbert was being totally clueless - thinking only about glory. At least he has Kaede to thump some common sense into him going forward.
Aug 9, 2021 12:17 AM
Jan 2018
It may be different in the LN, but in the manga wasn't Liscia in the room when Magna told Soma the thing that he didn't want many to hear? I could've sworn I remember her coming to tears after hearing what he had to say, and we don't learn what it is until 13 or so chapters later.
Aug 9, 2021 12:57 AM

Jun 2020
Men in uniform yummmmm damn Halbert ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ˘ ³˘)♥︎ He may be a tool but he’s so cute. He and Kaede are so cute tgt lol!!!! We stan the childhood friends troupe.

Juna dead ass ready to stab any moment now.

Liscia & Souma omg I’m rooting for them. That was so ironically romantic when he laid on her lap & told her he’d rather marry for love, I hope he develops feelings for her too♡

AISHA L O L

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 9, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
why the f##k every episode ends in suspense
Aug 9, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 2021
why the f##k every episode ends in suspense
Aug 9, 2021 5:48 AM
Jan 2021
why the f##k every episode ends with suspense
Aug 9, 2021 6:46 AM

Jun 2021
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Gwenpool said:

You're in the wrong genre if you want to see protagonists make mistakes. The most you can hope for is the protagonist having to hold himself back to avoid angering someone else and worsening a situation, I doubt you'll EVER see him actually straight-up fail.

It kills the self-insert wish-fulfillment if he does.

Why must you hurt me with the truth?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

101 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Oct 8, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

76 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

62 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

85 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 1, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Akari_Netsu »»
May 14, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.