Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Neku had his hands full this episode taking on those mindless beings including Uzuki and Kouki. Good news is at least they managed to at least free them from their control.

Quite an action packed episode. Beat is also starting to appeal me more as a major character. Without him, Neku probably wouldn't of gotten so far in this game.
Jun 11, 2021 9:58 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Everyone in Shibuya’s been brainwashed by the pins. Everything points to Hanekoma being the composer, but Neku refuses to believe that his idol is the composer. We got another fight with Kariya and Uzuki, though they’re brainwashed this time. At least the fight was solved swiftly.

Neku’s feeling more and more conflicted about Hanekoma, especially after receiving that key badge. Whether that key badge was given to help them or to lead them to a trap is up in the air.

We also got some more Minamimoto and a fight with him too! Neku and Beat got their asses handed to them, lol. I guess you could say... Beat took quite the beating i'm sorry

This episode technically covered Day 5 and 6 from the game, but the anime put the events from both days into the same day. In the anime, they’re on their 6th day by the end of the episode. Yet at this point in the game, they were on their final day. I wonder if they’re planning on dividing the final day of the game into two days in the anime. If so, I wonder at which point would they be dividing the day. And considering how players spawn on the Shibuya Crossing whenever a new day starts, I wonder how that’ll change the pace of the climax in the anime.

Another really good episode. Gotta say though, this was a fairly slow-paced episode. This week in general is a lot slower than the previous weeks. It makes me wonder if they’ll actually use the final two episodes to adapt the final two days (the in-game Day 7) and not adapt A New Day. That would be great, imo. It would make the anime feel more conclusive.
GoldenDevilGamerJun 11, 2021 1:40 PM
Jun 11, 2021 10:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Now they know more about Hanekoma's true nature but he's still very mysterious, they found the badge to enter and also the way to stop the brainwashing (removing the red badge)... the fight against Minamimoto was sure really tense, and it's not gonna stop.. Konishi at the very end was really creepy.
Jun 11, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
Week 3, Day 5. Neku and Beat's problems aren't dwindling, and hopefully with 777's keypin obtained, they'll be able to make some progress.

Shbuya is officially under Kitaniji's possessed brainwashing control from the Red Skull pins, and CAT Hanekoma is perceived as The Composer from Beat's POV, though Neku says otherwise, in a way that he tries to refute against thinking that Hanekoma truly IS The Composer. Otherwise, both Beat and Neku are at the attacking forefront of Reapers gone askew.

The viewing of the Taboo Noise Refinery Sigil in Udagawa, and both Reapers Uzuki and Kariya come to attack them again in their manipulated state. Removing the Red Skull pins is their only option if they are to survive and solve the lead that CAT Hamekoma is indeed The Composer, even if by the pin design alone.

Week 3, Day 6. Hanekoma's cafe is in tatters for reasons unknown. Beat and Neku finding Hanekoma's Shibuya River keypin and note as a lead onwards to the Shibuya River and Minamimoto himself, who is also seeking for The Composer to exact his revenge calculations. A pretty dope fight between Neku, Beat and Minamimoto, though clearly the Week 2 Game Master is obscenely powerful due to the Taboo power raised through the Refinery.

The mystery of The Composer, and all to come, will be a long-awaiting finale for Week 3, Day 7 incoming. Go all-out, Players!
KANLen09Jun 11, 2021 10:56 AM
Jun 11, 2021 10:54 AM

Jun 2019
Things are getting complicated with Hanekoma and the game master as we're moving forward in this show. Neku and Beat find themselves fighting all the reapers who were being controlled by those Red Skull Pins.

Hanekoma is a mysterious one as well. I don't know what kind of plan he's been cooking. But, one thing is for sure that Neku and Beat have to find a way out of this. They got beaten so easily. They didn't even stand a chance against him.
Jun 11, 2021 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
The composer and Hanekoma are still really big mysteries for me. I hope the next couple of episodes flesh them out more. A lot of really interesting lore still unexplained
Jun 11, 2021 11:24 AM
Sep 2015
Yeah Minamimoto is shirtless!
Jun 11, 2021 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
possibly my favorite episode adaptationwise? minamimoto is one lucky reaper because his episodes were the best ones of the adaptation

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I wonder at which point would they be diving the day.

Jun 11, 2021 1:41 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
glamazon said:
possibly my favorite episode adaptationwise? minamimoto is one lucky reaper because his episodes were the best ones of the adaptation

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I wonder at which point would they be diving the day.

That might be possible, though the next episode might not have much content to cover, yet the final episode might have to cram a bit too much.
Jun 11, 2021 1:53 PM
Dec 2020
TO RIGHT THE COUNTLESS WRONGS OF OUR DAY WE SHINE THIS LIGHT OF TRUE REDEMPTION THAT THIS PLACE MAY BECOME AS PARADISE WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD THAT MAY BE

Jun 11, 2021 3:34 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
2 days and 2 episodes left... (2 weeks left of episodes, if that counts too)
Jun 11, 2021 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
glamazon said:

That might be possible, though the next episode might not have much content to cover, yet the final episode might have to cram a bit too much.

Jun 11, 2021 4:14 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
glamazon said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Oh yeah, that definitely sounds like what they'll end up doing.
Jun 12, 2021 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
the mysteries continue is Mr. CAT the Composer or not he seems the Composer with how powerful he is though, also he made converted Minamimoto to a Taboo being eh and now he is so strong as their enemy
Jun 12, 2021 12:34 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Hanekoma's motives are still a mystery, why did he give Neku the yellow pin but not Joshua and why did he turn Minamimoto into taboo? I don't think he's the composer but, he's definitely powerful. Good! Kariya and Uzuki is fine. Minamimoto is back and he's more zetta powerful, gunning for the composer, whoever the composer is. 2 days left and 2 more episodes to go.
Jun 12, 2021 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
The defeated old master is still alive and hasn't disappeared there were many mysteries in the episode.
Jun 13, 2021 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
These duo can surely do it.
Jun 13, 2021 4:32 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 10 and its good.. its still ep 10, and its now heading towards the climax? Since they now figured out how to locate the composer.. But will minamoto arrive before them? Just what will be the outcome on the next episode? When he also became so powerful, that not even neku and beat can beat him.. and while konishi is also just hiding in the shadows.. as that is her power.. well, neku has all the right to not doubt against hanekoma as the composer, but lets look at some facts.. joshua may be able to interact with the dead while he is still living, but hanekoma can do magic! Where he also helps others with it.. anyways, i rate the episode a 9 of 10, 9 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 15, 2021 6:06 AM

Mar 2020
Another good episode. I think I can safely say that week 3 is my favourite of the bunch followed by week 1 and then 2, which is funny since the order is completely reversed when we're talking about the game. The flashbacks in this episode erred on the side of being a bit ridiculous, though. I know they've been a little overbearing in some of the other episodes, but I don't think any of them have been able to top recounting something which happened ten minutes ago or reestablishing something which has already been established. I'm glad they didn't choose to make Neku reflect on the development of his character this episode because then the unholy trinity of anime flashbacks would finally be complete.

Anyways, the effects of the red skull pins have finally kicked in, and so too have those monologues. You kinda have to suspend your disbelief a little to believe that everyone in Shibuya is so heavily invested in getting a pin, but what I find even more jarring is how the shopkeepers are completely unaffected in the game, especially since you'd expect the fashion store workers to be on top of Shibuya's fashion trends. I wish they set the background music to be slightly slower and made all the shopkeepers say the same speech about unifying Shibuya before eventually disclosing the player's full name and location as hyperrealistic blood leaks from their eyes. I think that would have been entertaining.

What's also strange is how Neku and Beat keep falling asleep and waking up in the scramble crossing, though I imagine it would be at the hands of Konishi since it only ever happens when the two make progress. I think I would have preferred the alternative option of having Neku and Beat not fall asleep and instead take turns in watching over one another. Think of all the crazy shit that could happen at night. Maybe Konishi does scheduled recons at midnight or the general feeling of unease associated with nightfall causes super powerful noise to appear. What if we got to see some of the barrier reapers off duty in order to avoid said super powerful noise? The entire appeal of the third week is the sense of rebellion and seeing another side of Shibuya through the eyes of the reapers, and I think the latter option would be a better way of showcasing that idea. That shot of Minamimoto towering over Shibuya at night as taboo noise roam the streets a couple of episodes ago has been a complete tease to my imagination.

It seems like there won't be a two-episode adaptation of A New Day like some of the people in these threads have been speculating, though if anything I've heard about A New Day is true I'd be happy to dodge that bullet.

Jun 18, 2021 9:27 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Well, I was so zetta slow with typing this all up... it's been a while since I last tried to type up an Episode Discussion post, and I haven't bothered to re-watch this episode to refresh my memory, so all you're gonna get is a vague summary of the vague notes I took while watching the ep on the day of release... I bet you all can guess why the lateness and this treatment...

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise.

...I'm still surprised that they actually put the infamous speech as this ep's title haha

Cold opening shows a brief ad of "the Prince" Eiji Oji, still a bit salty at how the anime barely featured him or the rest of the RG cast... and the anime basically has Beat literally spelling out a bunch of places around Shibuya not long after the OP... eh I dunno what I expected.
Anyway, everyone's favorite mathematician is back with some new uncontrollable body, and while he seems to have wrecked UG walls all over the place, everyone wearing the Red Skull pins including Reaper Team Rocket has gotten possessed. There's a fight, but I barely remember it since the anime resorts to spamming Fusion attacks like always. Then Neku and Beat get ambushed by Pi-Face and whatever Taboo Noise he brings with him while on their visit to the now-wrecked WildKat, and the anime lets them use a Fusion attack right off the bat, though Pi-Face just throws some CG red blasts and them and the anime calls it a day...... literally, cuz now it's another day into the week haha.
And the episode even ends with the duo heading into the underpass of the Shibuya River.....

...eh, sorry for the bland description and thoughts, I just don't know anymore...
...I guess my only hope now is that the anime doesn't adapt A New Day into the last episode...

2 EPISODES LEFT

THE COUNTLESS WRONGS OF OUR DAY
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃.
Jun 19, 2021 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
To right the countless wrongs of our day, We shine this light of true redemption, That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
Jun 27, 2021 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
It seems both Uzuki and Kariya battles are over and Lightning Rook hasnt been used yet. Ill be disappointed if the meme pin doesnt make any appearance. At least Thunder Rook was used once in the Reaper fight.
Jun 27, 2021 6:01 PM
Dec 2017
2 more episodes until chemotherapy of this show would be done.

Aug 24, 2021 5:13 AM

Jul 2015
Lot of questionnable stuff concerning mr Hanekoma coming to light making me wonder what the hell his goal is.

Jan 15, 2022 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
A lot of mysteries surronding Hanekoma. I hope we actually get to see him again soon because I really like him as a character.

Looks like we are about to enter the final part of the show.
Mar 27, 2022 5:21 AM

Jul 2021
Hanekoma got a mysterious hands of intent and expecting the better or the worse next episode.
Oct 3, 2022 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
3 days.
They're saying Subarashiki Sekai (Wonderful World). Almost Roll credits.
Sho.
Uzuki and Kariya appear.
Dat Uzuki headshot leaking out blood.
Uzuki and Kariya returned to normal.
Hanekoma's cafe is destroyed.
A gold badge.
Dat letter.
Sho.
Dat zetta crush.
Neku and Bito are down.
2 days.
Sho breaks in.
They enter.
Konishi.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » CALLING

removed-user - Jul 3, 2020

22 by Rage_Beat06 »»
May 15, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2021

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 28, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

29 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

34 by Shiki_mew »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Subarashiki Kono Sekai The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2021

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 28, 2022 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.