Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I didn't understand most things but it looks interesting 😂
I really liked the way they implemented the CGI

Raws are available on torrent and Netflix from Japan, but I haven't been able to find any with English subs.
I have watched it with Spanish subs, which is my mother tongue
Clas1ckMar 26, 2021 5:47 AM
Mar 26, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2017
Well...this IS weird though, but it's a Bones X Orange production, so at least I don't doubt it to be bad. At least it's the Ao no Exorcist staff team brought back together again with scriptwrriter Toh EnJoe (Space Dandy) and music composer Kan Sawada (Yowamushi Pedal).

The white haired MC Yun Arikawa sure looks like Gintoki, but inspecting radio waves? OK...
Another maroon-haired MC Mei Kamino also helping an observatory along the same line...what gives?

From E.T.s to AI, I don't really understand what's going on, but that's the charm I guess for originals. But from one point to the next, when ancient dragon beings thwart the town, shit happens fast.

Well, an OK start.
Mar 26, 2021 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
If Jet Jaguar's mom didn't love him don't expect kids to love him either.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 28, 2021 6:52 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I was expecting it to be garbage but it was better than I thought. That Peko 2 AI bot is really cute so far lmao and I wonder how the Gintoki mc will escape this situation.

I can't say I'm 100% hooked but it was a fine start and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as a whole.

Mar 29, 2021 6:32 AM

Oct 2017
Decent premise, animation and visuals were nice. The main characters have amusing personalities. Mei is cute and lol Yun looks like Gintoki. Thou his personality is totally different than his.

That song gave me really eeire vibes and I think it'll be important in the story later. Also that last scene, looks like it has began. The destruction brought forth by kaijus.

I like Kaiju related stuff so hopefully this'll be enjoyable enough.
Mar 29, 2021 7:12 AM

Sep 2019
I liked the art style, it looks good. I wonder if the song that played in the house is an original song because it sounds really good. I think this show has potential.
Mar 29, 2021 7:56 AM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Removed a ton of posts that were breaking the rules. Here's a reminder of a few things:

• Posting or requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material is not allowed on the website. See the Site & Forum Guidelines for more information. This does also includes asking where to watch something and it's also mentioned in the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules:
    Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.

Posts asking that are removed without warning. Posting copyrighted, non-fair use material is a rule violation, please don't do either.

• Only post here if you've watched the episode. It's a thread to discuss the episode, not to say that you can't wait to watch it.

Mar 29, 2021 8:27 AM

Jun 2019
Hey... Gintoki.. is that you? Lol. I liked the art style. Mei is cute as well as that advanced AI. "Please give me a chance." LMAO It's really adorable.
The plot is pretty good. I can say, I'm hooked. That cliffhanger tho. Also, the CGI looks fine to me. I hope Orange does a good job in that department.
Mar 29, 2021 8:35 AM

Aug 2020
This feels like it came straight from a creepy pasta. Seems interesting.
Mar 29, 2021 9:00 AM
Sep 2018
Godzilla didn't show up, but Rodan did.
Mar 29, 2021 9:48 AM

Jul 2020
knew that fat guy was up to no good

Mar 29, 2021 10:03 AM
Dec 2020
Interesting start. The characters are pretty solid and just a good introduction to the series, nothing close to a masterpiece but definitely not a bad start
some people...
Mar 29, 2021 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
Godzillaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

I love all things Godzilla, I even get my lazy ass off my chair and to the cinema when a new movie is out because its impossible to replicate the experience of Godzilla roaring or shooting off his breath attacks in any other environment where the intensity of the sound vibrates through your entire body to its core. Love it!!

Erm anyway, back on point, looking forward to a new show around one of the greatest heros or anti heros or not even a hero of all time. Bring it on!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 29, 2021 1:29 PM

May 2018
Wow, a good Godzilla anime?

I liked this episode - tons of nerd trivia, tons of Godzilla lore references , mysteries, conspiracies, gorgeous and a bit creepy locations.
Mar 29, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2020
Definitely unique.. but not a bad start at all, I'll definitely keep watching it to see where it goes, hopefully it doesn't take this interesting idea and fuck it all up.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 29, 2021 4:09 PM

Jan 2018
Boring episode, I'll stick around for 1 or 2 episodes and see if it improves.
Mar 29, 2021 5:16 PM

Mar 2014
Omg its going to be Gintoki and Japanese Velma taking on Gozilla?!

SIGN ME UP!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 29, 2021 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
I hope it explains more about the existence of this monster, which appeared at the end of the episode.
Mar 29, 2021 8:52 PM

Jul 2020
Wow, the CGI monster looks great. A really interesting start. I'll sick around and see if this becomes a good show.

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 30, 2021 3:46 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting start and the ending did make you want for the next episode, which is always good. The beat at the end too. Mmmm good stuff.
Mar 30, 2021 5:13 AM
Jun 2020
An interesting but confusing start, I hope it explains all the mysteries. the animation looks good too.
TroskiMar 30, 2021 5:17 AM
Mar 30, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
Not sure how to feel about this one for now, but I'll stick with it to see where it goes. It seems like it'll be an interesting show though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 30, 2021 10:00 AM

Feb 2020
I really liked the episode, the CGI also looks very good, I will definitely watch the entire series (I hope they don't ruin everything)

Just a random guy who likes random stuff (ᐛ)و
Also, nice to meet you ;)
Mar 30, 2021 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Looking good. Mei is a peculiar one and I like it, even got a Gintoki lol

Will have to wait for more seasonals and see how they fare. But for now this is watchable and definitely a keeper.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2021 1:25 PM

May 2018
Oh c'mon why did they messed up Rodan and Godzilla????
Mar 30, 2021 4:28 PM

Mar 2021
Well that was dope! First episode so of course a lot of set up, but I am very excited for more. CGI so far seems very well done, and the animation as a whole is very nice. Characters seem pretty cool, Kamino is adorable.

Amazing first episode, can't wait for more!
All the stars in the sky await you!
Mar 30, 2021 5:03 PM

Jun 2020
this was way better than i was expecting. i was excited for it (even if it wasn't good) since the studios working on this project were Bones and Orange, which seemed like such an unlikely match up lol.

but instead, we got this, which is surprisingly ? nice, given it's a Netflix anime. the whole things makes me oddly nostalgic, like i'm watching Jurassic Park or something, and the characters seem really cool. so i
m excited for the following episodes lesgooooo
Mar 30, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2017
Super confusing dialogue, a lot of it is random science talk that makes no sense out of context, I got distracted way too often because of it, it felt like a waste of a first episode for me, all the main characters look good, but there's just not enough about them.

I'll keep watching, though. The style, animation and even the CGI is looking great, I believe it'll make more sense once the action starts and all the characters are situated, I'll probably watch the first episode again later to understand it better as well.
Mar 30, 2021 7:04 PM

Oct 2020
I'd eat in the Brazil restaurant lul. This first episode looked good, let's see what Bones and Orange are waiting us for.
Mar 30, 2021 7:35 PM
May 2020
I don't know what to say about the plot so far because I don't know what's happening but it seems interesting. The animation and artstyle are impressive, I don't like the super-genius persona of some of the characters though
Mar 31, 2021 7:11 AM
Apr 2020
That's Godzilla's bone right? Interesting..

First ep looks good. The animation is already great since two decent studios are animating it and no plot holes so far.. I just wish in the past epsidoes that they toned down the dialogues atleast a little bit. There's so many unnecessary ones that it makes me sleepy

7/10 for starters. Now time for some Godzilla action on the next one!
Mar 31, 2021 7:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Godzilla fan, i've been waiting FOREVER for an actual Godzilla anime series

we even get a cute girl as one of the mcs

also glad the monsters are insanely huge this time, since they're always making them bigger

looks like Rodan is kinda tiny compared to his normal sizes lol
Mar 31, 2021 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
Very confusing start, but overall as it's not related to main story, I might not call it bad yet, from just first episode.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 31, 2021 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
It was an interesting start. We didn't get too much information to begin with, but it made it feel like a mystery, which I'm all for. Mei was the stand-out character this ep, and I think she might be for the whole series tbh. The Jet Jaguar robot reminded me of Robotics;Notes. I could also use something like Pero-2 in my life. It'd be so handy too have.
A-Simple-SquireApr 15, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 31, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2019
I liked this a lot. Extremely slow, but things will probably pick up next episode with the monster and all. Also a lot of science talk, which is to be expected considering that im pretty sure the writer mostly just wrote science books in his life, so he should be good doing it. The animation is pretty good, 3D was top notch and although there was nothing truly impressive in the 2D department yet (there probably will be, its bones), the designs are great.
Very optimistic with this one.
Mar 31, 2021 5:00 PM
May 2018
KANLen09 said:
Well...this IS weird though, but it's a Bones X Orange production, so at least I don't doubt it to be bad. At least it's the Ao no Exorcist staff team brought back together again with scriptwrriter Toh EnJoe (Space Dandy) and music composer Kan Sawada (Yowamushi Pedal).

The white haired MC Yun Arikawa sure looks like Gintoki, but inspecting radio waves? OK...
Another maroon-haired MC Mei Kamino also helping an observatory along the same line...what gives?

From E.T.s to AI, I don't really understand what's going on, but that's the charm I guess for originals. But from one point to the next, when ancient dragon beings thwart the town, shit happens fast.

Well, an OK start.
since I'm following kazue kato on twitter I received a lot of godzilla stuff. But must say this episode was rlly interesting even though I didn't understand anything at all. But i'm curious how it will go. I'm totally new with godzilla sooo... exciting for episode 2 👀
Mar 31, 2021 6:24 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I just stumbled across this series without meaning to be looking for a new anime. However, it looks sort of fun with nice artwork and confusing characters. This is one of those "figure it out as it goes along" stories.
Mar 31, 2021 6:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i know its not about the anime, but Godzilla vs Kong was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

definitely my favorite of the MonsterVerse

who knows, maybe Kong will be in this? LOL
Apr 1, 2021 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
better than I thought it would be honestly. Ill be a hater of cg animation until the say I die though. Took me a few minutes to actually find the episodes since mods won't let you even hint at where to watch it while simultaneously telling you not to post if you havent watched it but whatever. Pretty decent so far.
Apr 1, 2021 7:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This first episode actually looks decent enough. A bit below my previous expectations, honestly. Its may possible because of its difficult introduction. A lot of hard talks about the math, the radio graph, a lot of waves explanations, engines, and such, or something that i don't much understand. Its a fine introduction. The singular point might also refer to where that waves sound come from. But so far, the mystery element surely attract me to continue watching. The two protags also a big brain individuals too. So i don't mind at all some of the big brain talks they've got there.

The heroine, miss Velma Mei Kamino had a cute design, imho. Idk, maybe its my personal tastes that called her cute, and nerdy. Lol. But, damn, that kind of design really make me curious to see the continuity of these first episode. I am not a big fan of the monster universe of Godzilla franchises. Even i don't understand that Jet Jaguar was also may come as an Ultraman from my childhood series (thanks google for a little briefing). But, yeah, i think Mei alone already become my sole reason to decide picking this up. I hope they got some decent story too, and have a flawless story telling. Not just a monster of the chapter, and such. So, yeah, lets see where its goes.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 1, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
First time seeing veins drawn on a male character. That dude is ripped. All hail the bara artists!
Apr 1, 2021 10:05 AM
Aug 2020
Really solid first episode. This looks like it could be really good. The characters seem cool and I'm really impressed with the animation, especially the CGI.
Apr 1, 2021 4:04 PM

Dec 2020
it was pretty cool
Apr 1, 2021 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Very interesting first episode. Reminded me of Durarara!!, Persona 4, The Tatami Galaxy. In other words, heavy dialogues.
I'm curious some mysteries related to Godzilla. Two MCs also have good personalities. Promising content so far.
Apr 1, 2021 9:39 PM
Jan 2021
I’m getting butterflies in my stomach after seeing so many references from the original Godzilla movies, and also they added some new things to the story in which Jet Jaguar was made more smaller but I think he would get more bigger and get a re design as the story progresses, and I’m gonna think more monsters are gonna appear since there were indications of monsters like Hedorah, Mecha Godzilla, and Rodan. Who else felt warm inside when you were watching.
Apr 1, 2021 11:53 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good start! Even though I haven't watched any Godzilla before I think, but I really enjoyed that. I don't understand the science talk, but it is what it is lmao.

Only the first episode, but I already like Mei, her character design is great, she's cute as hell and her personality is great as well. Yun is also pretty cool. Wonder where that flying kaiju came from and what that song's got to do with what's happening.

That fat guy's character design alone is enough to tell that he's up to no good lmao. Really looking forward to the next episode. Would have been nice if Netflix released this worldwide.
Apr 2, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
It didn't keep my attention until the last3 to 5 minutes. I'm a sucker Gojira.
Apr 3, 2021 5:13 AM

Mar 2008
This is EXTREMELY fun.
Apr 3, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2020
Only me or Mei is kidda like Vilma of Scooby Doo.

Apr 3, 2021 10:08 AM
Oct 2019
Okay that was a lot of information in one episode...
Wow, most of the things i don't really understand...lol

Yeah Bones x Orange, they can handle the CGI...
It looks promising.
Is that Rodan?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

78 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 9 Discussion

Clas1ck - May 19, 2021

41 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.