Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2020 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that went well for Shirna. He didn't get overtaken by the demon within and the squad is back together on their adventure.

There's a lot of hope in the story despite everything that happened. Shirna's sense of confidence is a bright hope.
Sep 4, 2020 11:25 AM
Oct 2016
The very foundations of their religion and society is a lie. The thing that supposedly lead to their country flourishing is not the truth. The Holy Sol Temple is absolutely hiding something. The Evangelist had a lot more to do with how the Tokyo Empire was established than they previously thought. I think it's safe to say this arc did a lot to flesh out the world of Fire Force. We know now some huge secrets that no one else was supposed to figure out. Back when we learned the Woman in Black was inside powering the Tabernacle it was safe to assume that the First Pillar was inside Amaterasu doing the same. But with this episode we see that is in fact the case at hand. And she probably wasn't taken in their willingly. Hence why she manipulates the Adolla Link users, her anger at humanity for using her as a sacrifice is massive. Shinra figuring out that is why the White Clad want the right pillars so badly, to use them as sacrifices for another Great Cataclysm. We can see the White Clad plan much more clearly now. Time to find out what exactly the Holy Sol Temple is hiding.
Sep 4, 2020 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
And this is where the real plot of Enen starts. Some real important lore dropped today. This lays the foundation for the current manga setup. David did a great job this episode as always.
Sep 4, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Shinra defeating the demon infernal in an instant. That was pretty cool.

We got to learn important things in this episode, which is nice.

Sep 4, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2019
This episode just couldn't quite reel me in this week. I was hyped for this episode but it didn't quite deliver enough for me, not to say that it was necessarily bad, just underwhelming
Sep 4, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
This gave out a lot of information. Looks like the Temple is hiding something that is not to be revealed to public. Looks like there is possibly more bad than evil meets the eye.
Sep 4, 2020 11:48 AM
Sep 2015
I'm so shock that it feels like I just watch the ending of the multi-part epic blockbuster hollywood cinematic universe, which is very rare feeling I encounter in anime due to the fact that anime has much lower production budget. The only minus point is that I don't understand what woman in black said a bit. But the visual is beautiful and the editing is beyond general anime.
Sep 4, 2020 11:50 AM
Jun 2020
The episode was good but I was ready for action and we got more lore (which I was already theorized what they confirmed) but also what was with that mascot that had a company 9 logo on it, was this an error or is there a ninth company?
Sep 4, 2020 12:42 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The one second counterattack sure proved interesting. So that was how a human was turned into a demon. The revelations that came from the investigation though sure proved to be unsettling. But the white clad's plan is starting to make more sense now. Its nice that in the process of their quest that they also managed to help the locals as well. More than anything the thought that their entire society was built on a possible lie must be hurting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2017
Shinra's out here asking the real questions! It was touched on in Season 1 that there's something shady about the Holy Sol Temple but I think the things they discovered on their mission pretty much confirm that they're covering up the truth of Amaterasu.

It's so messed up that it's highly probable the 'unsullied flame' is actually a human being instead of a literal flame. A country built on human sacrifice 😱
Sep 4, 2020 1:00 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao idk why but the information bomb reminded me of FMA for some reason
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 4, 2020 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
decent episode. nothing much took place, no clues into amaterasu, just some clues/foreshadowing (i think).

bye ogun :( hope u appear soon! i can't wait to see iris <3

3/5 episode

Sep 4, 2020 1:42 PM
May 2020
Finally, we have joker in next episode.
Sep 4, 2020 1:50 PM
Nov 2019
After seeing Shinra do what he did in this episode, I wonder what'll happen if he and Sho fight again.

This episode was full of exposition and lore(which I honestly didn't even fully understand until this episode). Really interested to see where it goes from here.
Sep 4, 2020 1:54 PM
Aug 2020
Bruh i’m gonna miss ogun, mans was the GOAT of the chinese peninsula arc, but now that’s over, time for some awesome joker and benimaru 😈
Sep 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Apr 2016
This part in the outside was a bit interesting, I’m disappointed they’re back already.
Sep 4, 2020 2:16 PM
Dec 2018
Which volume/s of the manga was this episode adapted from?
Sep 4, 2020 2:32 PM

Jan 2009
1 second is plenty of time for the speed of light of Shinra

so the Evangelist is confirmed a she eh (i did not remember in the manga confirming that)
Sep 4, 2020 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Reading the manga seems tempting after such a revealing episode. Good stuff, but I honestly can't wait for Benimaru in action.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2020 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Oh man we are getting even more clues behind the lore of Fire Force !!

"Dark Hero" backstory of Victor or Joker? A lil hyped for next episode.

Sep 4, 2020 3:39 PM

Feb 2018
İt was mostly filler this episode but I liked the one second time traveling kick of Shinra. So, they are trying to win a battle with the "God" that gave them that power? That's impossible, unless Shinra can travel back to the beginning of history and defeat her or something.
Sep 4, 2020 5:48 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Looks like some more backstory next time. I still hate Shinra's time travel ability. It seems like a plot convience waiting to happen
Sep 4, 2020 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of interesting information dropped in this episode, and I expect more of that in the coming episodes as we move into a new arc. I really enjoyed this adventure in the Chinese Peninsula.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 4, 2020 8:06 PM

Jul 2020
So glad to finally be learning some more about the world of Fire Force. Can't wait to find out what the Holy Sol Temple is hiding and to see more of Joker next week!
Sep 4, 2020 8:10 PM
Jun 2020
These people don’t even know
Sep 4, 2020 9:20 PM

Jan 2020
"To save the animals that were living here from their agony, I used it's energy not to destroy, but to create, and made this Oasis... You are trying to go up against... the being who created... your god"

Látom

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Sep 4, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2017
Shinra beating up Temp was dope, Shinra's particle attack is really cool.

All the mysteries and backstory is intense. So the Evangelist was behind everything since ancient times and she wants to eradicate the world, wonder why.

The first pillar looks a lot like Iris, I wonder why.
Sep 4, 2020 10:58 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Chinese Peninsula arc is over and my boy Ogun returned to his company. Gonna miss him, honestly.

Surprisingly, this arc ended up being more interesting from what I expected and for once, Shinra's "Hero" monologue was fitting given the situation. So, the Evangelist is actually a "she" and both her and the Lady in Black (well... kinda? she said she was human once so I'm not totally sure about the latter) aren't exactly from this world. Well, based on Tempe's flashback, I will go with the guess of them, or the Evangelist at least, coming from another dimension/reality but I still look forward to more context regarding their background.

All in all, I was left feeling quite intrigued by the tons of info we got about the Great Cataclysm; the Evangelist; her plans; Amaterasu; and the potential conspiracy surrounding the Temple. The idea of a country built using the sacrifice of a girl as foundations also sounds rather promising so I hope these upcoming episodes don't disappoint.

This said, it seems Licht and Joker will get the spotlight next episode. Particularly looking forward to it.
Sep 5, 2020 12:04 AM
Apr 2019
This arc wraps up in a good way. At least, this episode manage to retain some of things that I forgotten when reading the manga. We only have 2 episodes left for this first coure of this season.
Sep 5, 2020 2:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, from this episode everything confirmed that the woman in a black hood was a pillar too from her explanations. By how the woman in a black hood connected with Shinra via Adora Link, because of the similarity they had, thanks to Adora Burst. The different means placed by how the got the power. The woman in China got blessed of power from the bug that Evangelist had on itself, while at the future, Shinra got it by an accident that planned up by Evangelist too. The awakened of Adora Pillar needed more effort than they thought, i believed.

It seems that the Evangelist left out the Woman in a black hood on that area because Evangelist believed in Tempe, the horned Infernal, can awakened her power to help the plan of destruction when the time has come. However, its just failed. Shinra arrived at the right time to stopped the plan and now he came back to Tokyo to knowing more about Tokyo's Amaterasu, at last. Oh, well, such a deep story.

Its on the same condition with the first pillar in Tokyo Amaterasu. Well, by knewing the condition in China, now Shinra realized that the woman he always dream about it, that had a similar look with Iris, somehow connected with the Pillar explanations too. The story about the past, had some oddities. Especially with how Amaterasu origin story happened. Yeah, every puzzle slowly unpacked. But still, there were many space that surely need to explore more. Specifically by revealing the rest of the Pillar identity. Tokyo Amaterasu's real story, and else.

Now, by any means, lets just see how The White Cape Cult reacted from the event that happened from the opposite land. It seems, the next episode we gotta met with Joker again, finally. Was he another Pillar too? Well, the answer will unpack in the next one. Tokyo might be in burnt again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 5, 2020 3:20 AM
Oct 2017
Pretty sure that priest dude just linked the fire again and shinra has to get the 4 lord souls.
And he doesn't even have a zweihander.
2/10
Sep 5, 2020 4:58 AM

May 2015
New lead is always nice.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 5, 2020 9:02 AM
Mar 2015
Through the Lady of the Tabernacle 's Grace Shinra is able to put the demon tor rest He also learned a lot about her origin and the evangelists origin and how the evangelist remade he world after the cataclysm
Sep 5, 2020 10:13 AM
Sep 2017
Does anyone know exactly why Shinra was able to see Tempe's memories?
Sep 5, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2019
About what I expected judging by last episode. A pretty boring one-hit finishing move and the outro of this mini-arc. It is interesting to see how much this anime can varry in terms of impact. During the Asakusa arc every impact was to felt, animation and visuals were stunning. This was something inbetween okay and good but definetly not peak.
Sep 5, 2020 11:54 AM

May 2018
So, I guess that them Evangelist were formed so as to avenge the Amaterasu the first sacrifice in a way of restarting the Great Cataclysm.

I wonder if Tamaki has a habit of sleeping naked, since we did saw her retrieving her bra quickly dangling on rail of the driver's seat, probably realizing that she isn't in the privacy of her own room????

So, I guess those Infernal that they encountered were Raffles and his disciples and that unsullied flame was that lady that came out of that spatial world....
Sep 5, 2020 7:17 PM

Oct 2016
1 second has passed, Sayonnara Tempe. Good episode with also a good amount of lore with all these talk about religion and stuff. The Holy Sol Temple is definitely hiding something that means company 1 has something to do with it. I'm going to miss Scop and I hope Ogun gets some spotlight again later on.

I am really looking forward to next episode, judging by the preview it's going to focus on Licht and Joker also probably.
Sep 5, 2020 7:50 PM

Aug 2019
plot is definitely thickening now boys, Shinra with that pretty impressive take down of the demon, seeing his fancy super quick moves from season 1 again. Some massive lore drops, evangelists might have been pulling the strings from the very beginning of humanity, not just planning the great cataclysm, but potentially setting up many other things under humanity's nose.

Shinra's really having to ask the real questions now, how much of what the Holy temple of Sol and the higher ups are lies? How much are they hiding from the people? Shinra being caught up in a dilemma of sorts, one end, the Amaterasu is quite literally the source of life rn in the country, everyone pretty much benefits off it, but if there really is one person being forced to power it 24/7, on top being hidden away, doubt Shinra's hero status is gonna let that fly any time soon.

Oh nice, is Viktor finally gonna the spotlight next episode? Dudes practically been the underdog this whole season, really liking his character a lot more this season because of it though, along with Joker, these guys are probably my favourite characters from the series
Sep 5, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
Another badass awesome episode!
Shinra took care of the Demon Infernal in an instant!
our MC is becoming and behaving like a great MC! great!!
5/5.

Sep 6, 2020 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
The precious second of Adolla Grace from the Woman in Black, Shinra used that to the greatest effect, and from there came Tempe's memories? His memories of the Evangelist's salvation in post-Great Cataclysm, is beyond hope and Shinra taking him out in an instant.

The Woman in Black's connection with the Evangelist, a harrowing trip to use Amaterasu to create vs. destroy life, with all the religious tones that have transcended and manipulated since the very beginning (that, including the Holy Sol Temple and Haijima Industries).

The investigation of the Tabernacle here, the Eight Pillars of sacrifice, has not feltered as more secret conspiracy follows with the previous incidents. With all these, the plan is clear and time to stop the proceedings of the Evangelist.

Scop and the rest of the animals, they've been a vital part of this arc, and it's been a great one. But what awaits Shinra of the First Pillar, and the Prologue (which was emphasized in the beginning of last episode), all these makes total sense now, and the aftereffects of it, we're still eons away from figuring out piece by piece.

Great episode to wrap up the Chinese Peninsula arc.
Sep 6, 2020 8:05 AM

Apr 2019
pog fight and we learnt some interesting lore that was much needed, even if it was a fairly simple explanation

バンの一味
Sep 7, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2020
This chapter reminds me to Mauro Zarate. Everything you believed in is a lie. A complete lie. God does not exist and he doesn´t want to stay in Velez. Anyway, no one actually wants to. 4/5 chapter, nice fight, great story but a little dense
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Sep 7, 2020 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
1 second for Shinra is more than enough xD
Finally, we learned some of the mysteries, the Holy Sol temple uses someone who is very powerful in order to generate energy, lmaooooooooooo

I do hope to see Shinra at the end saving that girl?

Next episode will be awesome, finally!

Latom
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 8, 2020 2:18 AM
Apr 2020
Welp, I guess one second is enough if you're faster than light.

So the Evangelist came from beyond the spatial rift, and she has a universe inside her mouth?! What lies beyond there?

It seems like Joker is doing an undercover investigation of the Holy Sol Temple, who use the first pillar as the sacrifice to power Amaterasu. NEW ARC!

Sep 8, 2020 6:13 AM

Feb 2020
My Boii Arthur didn't get to Shine in this Episode.

Licht told Shinra that it is Risky to Use Adolla Burst for that much Speed...what about that?........ His Body might not be able to Return every time after getting disintegrated.

Also, I just noticed that Shcop's voice Actor is Chouji from Naruto

Sep 8, 2020 9:00 AM

May 2018
Good episode. The Tabernacle woman was a nice girl after all
Sep 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Damn, way to go Shinra! An amazing fight. Plus, it was nice to see how the infernals came to be in the oasis. So many questions surrounding amaterasu. And finally, we get to see ma man Joker in the next episode. Hopefully for a bit longer.
Sep 9, 2020 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
Ofc the holy fire temple is hiding something anyone with half a brain cell can see that.
Sep 10, 2020 6:56 AM
Jul 2019
yeah we are atheists
we must kill the god
that's cool, isn't it
atheists bullshit
1/5
Sep 12, 2020 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
nrh205 said:
The episode was good but I was ready for action and we got more lore (which I was already theorized what they confirmed) but also what was with that mascot that had a company 9 logo on it, was this an error or is there a ninth company?

That's a member of 119 (Wan Wan Nyain). https://fire-force.fandom.com/wiki/119
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.