Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was rather unusual with Gran fighting an mirror image of himself.

At least they finally found Lyria again and that's what's important. This was actually quite an emotional episode imo.
Nov 29, 2019 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
And with this episode the game tutorial ends. Now comes the real story of the game.
Nov 29, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
So her memories where returned and all ends well.
Tho it's not clear what happens to Feli after visiting the grave, i guess we need to wait till next episode for that.
Anyway the crew will have to face the empire again after this i guess.
Nov 29, 2019 9:06 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who think that this arc is boring and confusing? Do we get a picture of Gran's dad yet? Also I'm wondering who is in the cage at the after credit scene, I can't stand another female character anymore, I hope it's a boy.
Nov 29, 2019 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gran fight was a bit ridiculous to be honest
Nov 29, 2019 11:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the mastermind behind this is intent on using Celeste to become a god huh. Despite the gravity of the situation facing them its nice that the villagers were content with deciding to end their existence to save Gran's team as well as the primal beast. Drang's save though sure was timely. If anything the fact that Celeste absorbs one's memories sure is allowing us to see what Gran's past was like and the insecurity that he had. At the same time this also presented an excellent opportunity to see how much Gran had changed since then. Though it was sad that the villagers passed due to the beast being freed at least they were freed from the torment their lives had become. Their souls ascending to the heavens though was pretty. In the end im glad that both the beast and the island was freed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2019 12:34 PM

Jun 2019
That was an amazing episode that had me hooked to the screen the whole time. We found out so much, the pacing was almost too fast this episode. I had to keep pausing the show so I could work out exactly what was happening, to whom, and how they were connected (Orchis, Ferry and Strum).

The fight between Gran and the mad father who had captured Celeste, was a bit drawn out and patchy to follow, but exciting though. The part where Gran fought himself was great, but I was under the impression the wrong Gran was our Gran, super confusing when it was the Gran lying down who got stabbed the first time was the real one!

The ending to the episode almost felt like it could be a series ending they wrapped everything up so neatly. So now we've got a few last episodes to introduce, flesh out and complete the fnal story arc for the rest of the series. Doesn't seem like long enough, unless we're going to see more of Vira and Albion maybe, probably Rose as well.

Nov 29, 2019 5:02 PM

May 2014
Wow Mr Drang You Sure Are Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

23feanor said:

The ending to the episode almost felt like it could be a series ending they wrapped everything up so neatly. So now we've got a few last episodes to introduce, flesh out and complete the fnal story arc for the rest of the series. Doesn't seem like long enough, unless we're going to see more of Vira and Albion maybe, probably Rose as well.

Without going into spoilers, I think the last episodes will carry us to around chp 3x? But there's quite a bit to cover still. Who knows how the anime will handle it though, but so far it's pretty enjoyable.
OrdainedMotionNov 29, 2019 5:09 PM
Nov 29, 2019 5:40 PM
Jun 2017
gran vs gran.... and the winner is gran... hahaha

love the conclusion of said chapter... im ready for the next one
Nov 30, 2019 3:44 AM

Nov 2019
Wtf is that pacing lol characters are jumping from places to places within seconds, I didn't even know how the zombies able to see the girl all of a sudden

Cool fight tho oh wait, it's boring illusion fight, I got zero investment in these illusions too much illusion fightings, who is that old man ugh! Why is Drag and her big tiddy dwarf even here what's the point, everything is pointless
Dec 4, 2019 12:20 PM

Nov 2014
phantomfandom said:
Am I the only one who think that this arc is boring and confusing? Do we get a picture of Gran's dad yet? Also I'm wondering who is in the cage at the after credit scene, I can't stand another female character anymore, I hope it's a boy.

Nope not the only one, I thought the last 3 episodes were a waste. Not zombies, lots of freeze frames to rush through the story, Io just reappearing. Like it was directed by the Cop Craft team.

Hopeful for it getting back to loveliness next episode.
Dec 7, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
So Io just rescued out of nowhere?

Are they just cutting out whole scenes now?
Jan 18, 2020 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
wtf was that? they are not even worried about rushing and skipping scenes, they are just nonchalantly doing it lol
Mar 25, 2020 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
Sweet arc conclusion. Drang is the (family) man.

Also third astral vessel, getting hyped.
Dec 21, 2020 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Despite some parts moving quite quickly feeling like I missed something, this arc had quite the touching end on Ferry's history.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

66 by Kiikani »»
May 22, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

43 by TheSekiryuutei »»
Aug 3, 2023 8:00 AM

» What made this cygames adaptation flop that others didnt

cunnylicious - Apr 19, 2023

1 by official_brown »»
Apr 21, 2023 6:40 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2019

36 by cafekun »»
Dec 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Poll: » Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

31 by NwAurion »»
Jun 21, 2021 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.