Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, losing all that in a world of conspiracy sounds rough.

We got a pretty serious episode this week with the amount of drama. Bem himself makes an appearance and reveals more about his identity. The monster of this week didn't impress me much though, looks like something from a B-movie.
Sep 22, 2019 12:43 PM

Jun 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, losing all that in a world of conspiracy sounds rough.

We got a pretty serious episode this week with the amount of drama. Bem himself makes an appearance and reveals more about his identity. The monster of this week didn't impress me much though, looks like something from a B-movie.

Well, it's a monster we already saw lol. Just upgraded. It did not get finished off so looks like it will be one of the final battles.

I ain't even surprised that another man died that tried to help Bem and the group.. Only the "MC" is safe due to plot armor xD.
Sep 22, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
I don't want to say rushed but this episode was compacted with a lot of information about the new guy and exactly when we think he's going to be the new member of our characters.... yea, his gone.
Anyway we're getting close to end of show and hopefully we get some info about the main bad guy (girl) in the last few episodes to at least know what we're up against.
Also, god damn daryl! in the end you have to end up as bad guy's tool...
Sep 22, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2015
Briggs really did his best for Bem and his nakamas, I truly believe he wanted to really save them and turn them to humans. To bad he had to die like that, I guess it's up to summers now, to be their hope.

That was a cool episode, looking forward to that giant tiddy cliffhanger!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 22, 2019 1:36 PM
Apr 2016
TOMINO SENDS HIS BEST REGARDS Y'ALL
Re:formed
Sep 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
First few seconds of Briggs and was already thinking he was going to die lol

Dang he seemed like such a swell guy.

Nin nin is back. Guess the scientist guy upgraded him .
Belos dumb friend is going to be turned into a humanoid prob
Sep 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
looks like all humans that befriend the humanoid will only end-up getting killed...
i fear for the three arcade kids, the tablet guy at the school of Annie & the police woman...oh no!
4/5.

Sep 22, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 2017
The monster Nin Nin we saw episodes ago comes back with a vengeance, upgraded of course. How great.

And there's someone trying to penetrate into the world of Bem, who's legit (or so for lack of thought process) in trying to make a better life to humanoid monsters (a.k.a seeking out Belo and Bela). But as per usual, ít feels as though he is written to be a death flag. A man with great ambitions but unfortunately given the short stick.

Briggs's information is valuable, but the life living under controversy, this unseen council manipulating the Outside is sure a tragedy waiting to happen.

If anything, this episode highlights the context of the humanoid monsters and the curse of not being human, one that does question people like Briggs in helping creatures like Bem, whereas the opposite is true from the get-go.

Do I sense a plot with Belo's friend-turned-foe, coinciding with a humanoid monster?
KANLen09Sep 22, 2019 5:25 PM
Sep 22, 2019 5:14 PM
Jul 2019
It's a damn shame that anyone who tries to do good gets killed off. I was wary of Briggs from beginning to end and I waited for that heel faced turn/betrayal albeit, it never came...and that in itself is a relief.
I think its painful seeing the three MC's trusting humans and having them either being betrayed by them or being killed. Briggs could've been Bem's friend. It would've been nice to see a friendship between youkai-human and human. Alas, it'll never be.

Also, I don't remember the runt's name( referring to the one who blamed Belo for his father's death and betrayed him by pretending to forgive him) but it kind of pisses me off that he's joining the dark side after all the shit he put Belo through. But then again, what else can you expect?
Sep 23, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2016
I am really liking this anime, but the total episode count for the season makes me worry that this will be one of those animes, which start and then just end, without having much in the middle.
Sep 23, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2017
i liked this episode. things are getting more serious. looks like little knight is looking for trouble visiting the council lady. Another friend died in vain. i liked to see Bem's angry side for once. he is always very composed and serious. good episode.
Sep 24, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 2019
Dammit! The first ally in which Bem puts his trust, someone who wanted to be his friend and help them be human ... and ends in a tragic way, is a shame. Gavin's words were sincere and he had a big heart. Although only one episode lasted, he has my respect. R.I.P. Poor Bem.
The Invisible Council and the mad scientist must pay for everything they have done.
Sep 24, 2019 2:16 PM
Aug 2018
best episode so far
Sep 24, 2019 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the "Nighthawks" painting setting (Wiki it)
Sep 30, 2019 7:08 PM

Feb 2014
Dude sacrificed himself to save someone who could probably take the hit way better than he did.
Oct 4, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2018
Well sad to see Bem's only friend die. And why does the cops always arrive in the wrong timing
Oct 10, 2019 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
This really was some corny crap.
Dec 1, 2019 3:29 AM

Jul 2015
Rip the gamehall owner, death by backstab while he taking a nap

Also RIP briggs, he was a pretty genuine guy for trying to help the poor and unfortunate

Aug 19, 2021 4:39 PM
Mar 2020
oh lord i hope all the misinformation and misunderstandings begin to unravel the truth in the next few episodes. I cant believe Briggs died but I kind of expected that to happen.

Although I was kind of skeptical at first since Briggs was sort of "too good to be true", it was nice knowing that he was genuine and that he became the first person that Bem could befriend outside Belo and Bela.
Apr 7, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I am really liking this anime, but the total episode count for the season makes me worry that this will be one of those animes, which start and then just end, without having much in the middle.

At the moment I am unsure if it will have anything at the end either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bem Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

31 by iSoye »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:30 AM

» Why such the low score?

DanLikesAnimu - Aug 31, 2019

20 by Yonaga »»
May 15, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Bem Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

14 by Stardew »»
Apr 10, 2022 7:20 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2019

13 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Bem Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2019

20 by Vindicater »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.