Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2019 6:39 AM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a wonderful way to end a great series! Miki survived, and she and Nozomi have reconciled, and now both the Kouda and Mine families are close to each other.

Michiko failed in trying to destroy Nozomi & Miki's careers, as now they are more popular than ever.

I hope that this Anime gets the attention online that "Ashita no Joe" has gotten, as it deserves to be recognized as one of the greatest Anime of all time, and now, every English speaker can watch it.

Jul 23, 2019 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
Glad I was able to see this one fully subbed, it has been a great journey.
Now, the both families will move onward together!

This will probably be my favourite Music Anime from now on.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jul 25, 2019 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Watched all the episodes straight!
Amazing series. Anime during that time were certainly more socially and politically aware than today, not being limited just to a specific genre like music or sports. Just like TV series and movies of that era. Same with Attack no 1 and also earlier with Ashita no Joe and even in Gamba no Boken regarding the human characters.

Focusing on daily life and struggle which is completely different than today's "Slice of Life" , artists and producers demonstrated that they were close to common people
and addressed their works at them, like the neighbours next door.

At a time when anime and even Japanese cinema becomes more encircled within Japan's borders, according to Hirokazu Kore, newer anime has a lot to learn from such series.
May 15, 2020 11:51 AM
May 2019
Miki's rather inconsiderate attempt at suicide seems to have turned completely against her expectations. A good conclusion to the story, I believe. I was rather surprised by the overall quality of this show, especially considering how unknown it is. It is FAR from flawless, however. In fact, I would say this is merely mediocre compared to some other franchises I've seen from the seventies. Still a good show nonetheless.
Oct 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Feb 2020
Great anime with great ending. Probably the best music anime i have seen yet. This series has lot of heart in it. It does have its flaws (like animation and character designs are too aged or semi episodic nature undermining the needed buildup or the bait incest part though that one they did handle it decently etc) but none of that is major compared to other anime. The journey was worth the watch regardless and extremely satisfying.

I wish i could find more anime like this but unfortunately this kind of anime which are old has super low scores making it very hard to notice. It was stroke of luck I found this one, usually what i find is well acclaimed anime which are not worth my time. I hope i find more of such anime.

Edit - I am glad this anime doesnt follow its manga source. Based on what i found out about its manga, that sappy and edgelord pandering unappreciable piece of trash of a story in that. I was wondering how the people involved in this anime were able to write this kind of story (this is not something i would have considered them to ever write). Not wonder it was actually miracle of a poor adaptation of trash manga turned into gold.
AdampkOct 8, 2021 2:29 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 2, 2021 12:53 AM

May 2017
Adampk said:

Edit - I am glad this anime doesnt follow its manga source. Based on what i found out about its manga, that sappy and edgelord pandering unappreciable piece of trash of a story in that. I was wondering how the people involved in this anime were able to write this kind of story (this is not something i would have considered them to ever write). Not wonder it was actually miracle of a poor adaptation of trash manga turned into gold.

What differences does the manga have that you're referring to here? I can't really find anything about the manga online.
Dec 2, 2021 4:22 AM

Feb 2020
LisbonMapping said:

What differences does the manga have that you're referring to here? I can't really find anything about the manga online.

I might be exaggerating probably (the day I wrote the comment I was in a bad mood). Anyways this is one of the source which tell anime and manga differences (others I cant find for now)
http://akimog.web.fc2.com/comics/sasurainotaiyo.htm

Manga is definitely a lot different from anime. I feel manga is more of a violent family feud drama rather than music industry and comming of age
AdampkDec 2, 2021 4:26 AM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 2, 2021 4:54 AM

May 2017
Adampk said:
LisbonMapping said:

I might be exaggerating probably (the day I wrote the comment I was in a bad mood). Anyways this is one of the source which tell anime and manga differences (others I cant find for now)

Manga is definitely a lot different from anime. I feel manga is more of a violent family feud drama rather than music industry and comming of age

Thanks for the reply! This was an interesting read.
Dec 2, 2021 7:38 AM

Jun 2014
Adampk said:
LisbonMapping said:

I'd like to read that as well, but I can't read Japanese.

Dec 2, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2020
Seiya said:
Adampk said:

AdampkDec 2, 2021 8:35 AM
BIO

Dec 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Jun 2014
Adampk said:
Seiya said:

Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know. It appears that the manga was certainly darker than the anime, and it looks like the anime was much better than the manga.

Jun 4, 2022 6:43 PM

Oct 2014
Kinda disappointed with this ending. They could have explored more the family dynamic, how Miki and Nozomi adjust to their lifestyle, the hardship for Miki to see poverty and grow from it, Miki only child to suddenly three sibling and how she get along, Nozomi and her biological mom try to bond with their history, but mostly, Miki because it's such a big shift for her unlike Nozomi. All in all, not exploring such potential that they build for is truly a shame.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasurai no Taiyou Episode 5 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Feb 24, 2019

2 by Fudanshi »»
Jul 2, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Sasurai no Taiyou Episode 15 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - May 8, 2019

4 by Estefan »»
Feb 18, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Sasurai no Taiyou Episode 9 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 25, 2019

2 by Inter_anime »»
Dec 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Sasurai no Taiyou Episode 2 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Feb 15, 2019

4 by apecantrustme »»
Nov 26, 2022 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sasurai no Taiyou Episode 14 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Apr 30, 2019

1 by Died_in_Vain »»
Jun 4, 2022 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.