Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, this was a cute start. The animation quality seems good too, at least more than what I had anticipated.

There's mangaka references and other cultural gags but I think the characters are the ones that has my attention the most so far. In particular, Kaoruko is very cute! The other characters are cute too. In general, I think may be a contender for cutest show of the Spring season.

Apr 5, 2018 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
So far this is looking good i remember reading the manga but that was a few years ago but it looks very similar so far.
The girls are nice and funny to watch as well.
I guess we will be able to enjoy this.
Apr 5, 2018 8:55 AM

Nov 2016
Cute girls drawing manga with some parodies, I'm already sold.

The cast is fun,especially Kaoruko,she may be a bit weak minded,but that's making her so adorable.

Tsubasa acting as her character and her 3 pen style were also pretty hilarious.

Good start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
Cute girls drawing manga with some parodies, I'm already sold.

The cast is fun,especially Kaoruko,she may be a bit weak minded,but that's making her so adorable.

Tsubasa acting as her character and her 3 pen style were also pretty hilarious.

Good start.

If I may ask where did you watch it. Can't find it anywhere
Apr 5, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
Cute girls doing cute manga things.

The moeblob of the season is here!
Apr 5, 2018 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good first episode. The girls are quite cute and it will be fun to watch them draw their manga. Each of them draws different kinds if manga, which is nice. I'm already liking their chemistry. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 5, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
So the moral of the story is: You don't need big, beautiful tits to draw lewd manga! But I'm sure, as in all other aspects of life, they'd help. XD Anyway this felt like Hidamari Sketch crossed with New Game mixed with a bit more negative tinge, primarily from Kaos constantly crying/being rejected/being down on herself. Not bad, but I hope she starts succeeding soon. Koyume and her bigger than everyone else except perhaps the dorm mother's tits is probably my favorite so far, but they were all enjoyable enough. So yeah, it has begun!
Apr 5, 2018 9:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was probably the surprise of the season so far for me.

Noticed a lot of different styled scenes for comedic stuff, was pretty cool how it was done with lot of variety.

The characters all with their different traits, nothing new but they are likable.

Good one :D
Apr 5, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
Not exactly what I was looking for to fill the void left by Slow Start and Yuru Camp, but this will do the job for sure!
Apr 5, 2018 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
It kind of felt a little slow to start, to me... But, by Kaos-chan's and Koyume's comparing notes on the crappier parts of their drawings, I was dying laughing! And everything afterward was all kinds of adorable and hilarious. I'm definitely game, with this one.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 5, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
Holly cow. That art and animation.
Great start. Seems to be really nice cgdct series. As expected by Wakaba Girl producers.
rsc-plApr 5, 2018 12:03 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 5, 2018 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
This has A+ grade animation and cinematography for cgdct standard, even surpassing most of Dogakobo's cgdcts quality. When I read the manga I got Gochiusa and Hidamari vibes and flashbacks, but after seeing this I felt like watching something fresh. Bravo Nexus, hope they will be consistent till the last ep.

Apr 5, 2018 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
Well I needed my dose of CGDCT anime and this one does the job fine! plus I like the 2 seiyuu's in here (Taka Rie and Oonishi) so will definitely stay for more!
Apr 5, 2018 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow the survey results sure are bleak. Kairuko sure has low self esteem though. She's certainly short enough to be mistaken for a grade schooler. Despite a rocky start Kairuko and Koyume sure bonded quickly. They sure had a weird impression of what Ruki uses for her research though. Quite the nickname that Ruki has though. The girls working together to beat the deadline sure was nice to see. An interesting first episode that introduced quite the colourful cast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 12:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well it was kinda obvious who best girl was from the PV
Apr 5, 2018 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
the first minute tells me Kao is gonna cry alot for no reason like almost every main girl in these CGDCTs isnt she?

edit: yup
dannymilkApr 5, 2018 12:25 PM
Apr 5, 2018 12:26 PM

Jan 2015
Oh wow, I wasn’t expecting this to be good
Great job
Apr 5, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
I expected something a little more laid back but I was wrong and I am not even upset. In fact I am even more excited to the rest of this series. I was crying after the first episode because I was laughing so much. Each girls downfall for not being able to draw something or someone can now be solved by the girls in the dorm.

When Tsubasa handed Kao the paper that said "Ill never forgive you" Dude...done lol.

Aww Poor Ruki, she needs to know that FLAT IS JUSTICE!!!

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I beg to differ.

In all honestly I love all 4 of them so far.

EDIT:

I gotta give a lot of Credit to Rie Takahashi as well. She could have played off of Megumin for when Tsubasa when Chunni mode but she stuck to how the character should sound. She's rapidly becoming one of my favorite voice actors.
SoraSenpaiApr 5, 2018 12:42 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 5, 2018 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
Kaos a cute, being a mangaka ain't easy.
Apr 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
CGDCT at its very self.
That Kaos Theater part is magnificent.

ps.: nice self-deprecating joke at the start.
Apr 5, 2018 1:03 PM
Dec 2017
Well, the first episode just blew my mind. I didn't expect to laugh that much and I like all the girls. There's a little Sakurasou feel to it, which I like. Good start indeed.
Apr 5, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2016
I expected bland garbage like Slow Start, but it turned out to be really fun and funny, especially how these 2 dorks just overreact to everything lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2017
They all so cute, adorable, innocent. especially Kaos & Koyumi. i love them. >.<

fuwanianApr 5, 2018 1:17 PM

Apr 5, 2018 1:16 PM
Oct 2015
I loved it! I read the first 10 chapters of the manga, and it was pretty good, but this adaptation is something special. I absolutely adored all of the visual stuff they did, from the great detailed backgrounds to the panel effects.

I love Koyume and Tsubasa.
And also I kind of ship them.
"'Time' is proof that people have lived. Every person lives the time that has been given to them... that is life." - Erza Scarlet
"You can never win if you're afraid to lose so much that you refuse to put up a fight." - Rika Furude
Apr 5, 2018 1:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SoraSenpai said:
I expected something a little more laid back but I was wrong and I am not even upset. In fact I am even more excited to the rest of this series. I was crying after the first episode because I was laughing so much. Each girls downfall for not being able to draw something or someone can now be solved by the girls in the dorm.

When Tsubasa handed Kao the paper that said "Ill never forgive you" Dude...done lol.

Aww Poor Ruki, she needs to know that FLAT IS JUSTICE!!!

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I beg to differ.

In all honestly I love all 4 of them so far.

EDIT:

I gotta give a lot of Credit to Rie Takahashi as well. She could have played off of Megumin for when Tsubasa when Chunni mode but she stuck to how the character should sound. She's rapidly becoming one of my favorite voice actors.

man, cause thats not the cliche' best girl or anything LOL
Apr 5, 2018 1:49 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wow! What a cute and kinda inspirational anime! The characters are adorable and I totally understand them. They all have an energy of their own that feels just right. I was worried about picking this up, but now I'm glad I did!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 5, 2018 2:06 PM

May 2015
moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Apr 5, 2018 2:53 PM

May 2012
Very fun episode. I liked all the girls.

So far this is the best anime of all the ones i've watched this new season.
I despise woke people.
Apr 5, 2018 3:01 PM
Dec 2014

I just wanted to post these images cuz I found them funny but MAL requires posts to have at least 15 words, LOL.
Apr 5, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
Hmmm. Not bad as CGDCT comedy, but it didn't blow my mind either. I used to be a huge fan of dorm comedies, but I'm not sure if this one will take me back into them. At least it fills my comedy slot for the season, I'll wait some more episodes to see if it has more to it. Characters are nice, although Kaos is quite annoying for my taste (cliche pink-haired crybaby MC). Also, I've got strong fanservice and yuri vibes.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 5, 2018 3:19 PM
Dec 2014
AbeldeMedici said:
Hmmm. Not bad as CGDCT comedy, but it didn't blow my mind either. I used to be a huge fan of dorm comedies, but I'm not sure if this one will take me back into them. At least it fills my comedy slot for the season, I'll wait some more episodes to see if it has more to it. Characters are nice, although Kaos is quite annoying for my taste (cliche pink-haired crybaby MC). Also, I've got strong fanservice and yuri vibes.

I don't know what you're talking about

Apr 5, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
Fled said:
AbeldeMedici said:

Yep, that's exactly what was in my mind when writing the comment XD
Although I thought taking off the bra was the very first thing any woman did when arriving home, namely "no-bra zone".
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Jul 2011
Too kawaii :3 moar

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
Well, at first I wasn't sure about picking this one because I'm already watching 8 (I would say 10 but the 4 minute ones kinda doesn't count XD), but I must say I'm glad I picked it, I already have my dose of comedy from Mahou Shoujo Ore and Uma Musume (and the moe from this last one too), but I don't know why I love anxious moe characters such as Kaos so I'm already hooked XD; I'll be happy watching this anime :3.

Also Rieri strikes again, it is always a pleasure hearing her :).

AbeldeMedici said:
Fled said:

Yep, that's exactly what was in my mind when writing the comment XD
Although I thought taking off the bra was the very first thing any woman did when arriving home, namely "no-bra zone".

That's if you live alone, if you have a roommate or live with other people you have to keep your bra till' the very end of the day... Or that's what I think, I'm not girl to confirm it XD.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 5, 2018 4:01 PM

Sep 2016
Nice im liking this already, better than slow start 1st episode imo.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 5, 2018 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
This is the first anime this season that has really captured my interest. This was really enjoyable for a first episode and really funny too.
Apr 5, 2018 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
Awww all the girls are so cute. Tsubasa is definitely the best of the bunch so far. Kaoruko's agent in telling her how much the readers of her manga hate her work was some brutal honesty there.
Apr 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
the blond girl is my spirit animal <3
Apr 5, 2018 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic start.
Apr 5, 2018 4:53 PM

Sep 2017
Really cute and fun start, and the animation was pretty nice to boot. Hopefully our protagonist doesn't stay a kinda useless crybaby the entire time. I'd love to see something along the lines of Aoba from New Game!.
Apr 5, 2018 5:00 PM

May 2015
Gotta need the seasonal CGDCT(s), and this one was perfect. Loved it. Off to a good start.

Apr 5, 2018 5:43 PM

Sep 2017
It reminds me of DDLC
Apr 5, 2018 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
First episode of cute girls Bakuman was pretty nice.

The first minutes were a bit meh, but the comedy later was really good, looking forward for more.
Apr 5, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2017
awesome sol fun a cute :)
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Apr 5, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2017
I really like this show already. Can someone explain some of the techniques and supplies they used as I want to make my own doujin shonen comedy manga. Also Ruki is relatable for me. Corrupted by others. I hate my existence jk lmao at least I have some friends unlike Kaos. Why am I imagining that scene from SONIC ADVENTURE where Robotnik says Chaos it's time to eat in a weird tone when i hear her pen name.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 5, 2018 6:35 PM
Aug 2017
I really love moe anime like this. The MC is so cute.
Apr 5, 2018 6:40 PM
Mar 2018
I really liked it! Definitely looking forward to more episodes.
Apr 5, 2018 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Shame they made MC annoying af
Apr 5, 2018 6:42 PM

Oct 2010
Apr 5, 2018 6:59 PM

Jul 2015
It was ok... but nothing really catched my attention. Let's see how it goes.

It doesn't look like this season will be strong for slice of life.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 12 Discussion

fukumenkei - Aug 12, 2018

23 by MeguSae38 »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:52 AM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 11 Discussion

11 by antoninus_v »»
Sep 11, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 10 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 15, 2018

8 by antoninus_v »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2018

81 by dezurnimrgud »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 9 Discussion

9 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 28, 2023 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.