Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Akira is so excited about the date. I mean, the way she reacts is just priceless for someone her age.

Her daydreams also feel more intimate too.

Glad to see Akira standing up against that blonde guy Kase. On the other hand, Akira's date with Masami is kinda cute. A typical movie (horror theme!) and lunch together. She dressed pretty well too. Loved the character chemistry between them.
Stark700Feb 1, 2018 9:04 PM
Feb 1, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
So two dates and two very different ones for Akira at least.
It's clear that her coworker is after something else and that she has to watch her back.
Now the number of people wanting to date her has increased.
Feb 1, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
That was.. expected for the most part, kinda had a feeling something will happen with Kase after Yui said he felt like a playboy, and since Akira's kinda portrayed as a cool beauty aint no playboy about to pass that up.
2 dates and I noticed the old scary lookin dude watched the movie twice as well and still got scared lol.

Akira's really on the assertive side isnt she, she pleasured herself before while thinking of manager assisting her waist and now she thought of running through the speed force and kiss manager, well... she is young so its normal.

Anyways that surprise kiss on the cheek tho.. dick move Kase, dick move, you lucky she didnt slap the shit out of you.

Jesus she is adorable whenever she squirms around at the thought of going on a date with manager.
Feb 1, 2018 9:40 AM

Feb 2012
The ending of the episode shows that Akira isn't willing to cross the line, and I guess the major tension in this anime will be if she ever crosses the line.

It was really interesting to see the juxtaposition of the two dates. They both do the same thing and have similar results. While its clear Akira is happier in the second date, both dates fail because both people weren't fully committed to it. I feel this episode would have been much more interesting if Akira was the one who planned it, and ended up just doing the same things she did on the first date. However, the story didn't take that route.
Feb 1, 2018 9:45 AM

Apr 2016
It was interesting to watch how very similar those two dates were, only the roles were switched.

Also i usually don't like when there is that one character that is meddling with the main couple, but i want to se more of that blonde dude. I want to see of what he's capable of.
Feb 1, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
Is is to soon to say that I absolutely hate Kase? No? Because I do.
And he was even worse in the manga, so this is one advantage for anime.
Another one is happy Akira, it's priceless!
That was the cutest episode so far, I was as happy as Akira to see her and Kondou-san on a date. I can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 1, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2014
UGHHHH!!!!! Why did they have to introduce an overblown asshole? Tachibana's aloofness came in handy during the shitty date Kase forced her on. But why would she answer her phone with Kase in the vicinity, and have her back turned so that anyone could sneak up behind her?! Okay, I understand the need to add drama or maybe competition to keep things interesting, but it would've been less jarring if the guy wasn't such trash, and if it wasn't so easy for him to get leverage over her.

Tachibana's real date with Kondou was expectedly awkward. Her insistence on getting him to go out with her bordered on sexual harassment, lol. Maybe this is meant to be juxtaposed with the Kase situation as he was similarly insistent—though not as maliciously—with getting Tachibana to go out with him.

Kondou, poor guy, seems really depressed about getting older.

Here's hoping Truck-kun makes a cameo and takes care of Kase. He's going to ruin this show for me if he doesn't go away soon.
aikaflipFeb 2, 2018 2:54 AM
Feb 1, 2018 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
well pretty absurd how the two dates were so much similar but the atmosphere was all change...did not the guy as dick.... guys like these...hm hm
Feb 1, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
Kase is indeed a piece of shit, but he does have reasons for acting the way he does. Not that those reasons excuse his personality or actions. I wonder if the anime will get to that part.
Feb 1, 2018 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
Ah yes, the date with that Kase douchebag. I had been dreading it ever since the anime got announced. Definitely my least favorite manga chapter, but at least they got it over with so early in the adaptation. Plus we got the date with Kondo at the end to balance it out. Too bad Akira couldn't muster up the courage to kiss him for real.
Feb 1, 2018 10:15 AM

Sep 2008

I'm sorry, but I couldn't ignore this guy xD
Before movie, during movie he was like this... whole time
and get scared two times in the same moment xD
Feb 1, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2015
Good episode again. Mr Kondo's inner monologous are so great, they are adding so much to the atmosphere. He has a soothing voice, good for delivering his inner reflections in a calm way and showing how mature his thinking is in contrast to Tachibanas behavior.
IshitatesoFeb 1, 2018 10:23 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Feb 1, 2018 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
Now I understand why this is tag Seinen. Not only the age difference, but the dangerous presence of adult world exists too, Kase for example
Feb 1, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
Kase acts like a piece of shit that's really bored of his life, hope we get to find out more about him later on like what made him that way.
Feb 1, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
This shot was gorgeous at least.
(click to enlarge)

animefan8800 said:
Ah yes, the date with that Kase douchebag. I had been dreading it ever since the anime got announced. Definitely my least favorite manga chapter, but at least they got it over with so early in the adaptation.

So...

Feb 1, 2018 10:50 AM

Jan 2012
aikaflip said:

animefan8800 said:
Ah yes, the date with that Kase douchebag. I had been dreading it ever since the anime got announced. Definitely my least favorite manga chapter, but at least they got it over with so early in the adaptation.

So...

animefan8800Feb 1, 2018 10:57 AM
Feb 1, 2018 10:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That Kase guy is a pushy, blackmailing detestable prick of the first magnitude. I hope the stove blows up in his face next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2011
She took receipt for private collection, blackmailed (and not last time...), oh dear.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 1, 2018 11:00 AM

Apr 2017
LittleStar said:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't ignore this guy xD
Before movie, during movie he was like this... whole time
and get scared two times in the same moment xD

Good thing I wasn't the only one who noticed that ahahaha.
Feb 1, 2018 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
aikaflip said:
UGHHHH!!!!! Why did they have to introduce an overblown asshole? Okay, I understand the need to add drama or maybe competition to keep things interesting

It has a reason for why he is the way he is, we will see it sooner or later I guess. He didn't strike me as seriously interested at all but more like it was a moment's decision to distract himself from something.

Also this wasn't adding drama or competition, this was pointing out the drama that's been there the very moment Akira fell for Kondo.

As of now Kase functions as the lens through which we see society's opinion on their relationship. Did you not notice how up until now Akira never really considered the downsides or dangers that accompany her crush on Kondo? She was always squealing and crushing on him as if she was in heaven and not even Kondo pointing out the problems made her realize the graveness of this romantic development. It needed someone from the outside to make this clear to her and from this moment onwards she's constantly reminded by it.

Her on the phone with Kondo? Lovey dovey happiness followed by reality kicking him.
On her bed thinking about their upcoming date? Squealing followed by another hello by dear reality.

Heck, even the magazines at the end that she can't tell apart are a clearly placed symbolism on how she can't crush on Kondo anymore without being reminded of Kase and with that the downsides of her relationship.
Feb 1, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
aikaflip said:

So...

Having read 78 chapters so far, and the most recent chapter being 79, I can say that I remember seeing him 2 times outside of work. No interaction with Tachibana though.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Feb 1, 2018 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Kase. I guess he was trying to get Tachibana to realize the problem regarding her crush on Kondo, but he did it in a way that made him come off like a dick.

Overall though i liked seeing Tachibana's date with Kondo...even though it was basically the same as her date with Kase.

Also, I'm gonna need Tachibana to stop being so goddamn adorable.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Feb 1, 2018 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
Too bad that kiss was a delusion.
2 kinds of the same thing become different accord to where they come from.
Poor Kondo-san had to behave awkward under that kind of situation.
Feb 1, 2018 11:43 AM

Nov 2016
Kase is such a fucktard.

Aside from him it was a great episode again,especially interesting was the contrast between the two dates and more insight of Kondous feelings.

Too bad Tachibana didn't go for the kiss,tho:S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2018 12:35 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, the plot thickens.
Feb 1, 2018 1:05 PM

Mar 2015
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice the old dude in the theater getting scared both times...
I love Tachibana's attitude, especially her glares during the Kase date and how she's not just some pushover.
Kondo's internal monologues hit me hard, man. He's so pessimistic, I just want Tachibana to show him that he doesn't have to be young to be loved <3

Feb 1, 2018 1:13 PM
Jul 2013
I was waiting for someone to put some common sense into Akira, and there I have it, although I hoped Kondo would be the one.
Now I guess I will have to wait until the last episode for Akira to face the truth.
Nevertheless enjoyable ep. Got goosebumps at the ED. Aimer is love <3
Watched her 'blanc et noir' concert yesterday, highly recommended.
Feb 1, 2018 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
Happy Akira makes me smile so much, too adorable! The Kondo flashbacks are nice too, I'm half his age and I'm already worried that I might end up feeling like him q_q

I laughed so hard with the man on the cinema who also went to watch the movie twice, reacting the same way in the same scene, too good.

Feb 1, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2008
Akira is so pure.

About Kase, he is not so bad, the anime actually left out a little negative scene about him.
He have a reason to poke Akira that way and may become a important "ally" for her and Kondo.
Feb 1, 2018 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Akira's two dates were very different from each other. Kase is a douchebag, he needs to back off. I love seeing Kondo's flashbacks. They're too good. It was funny seeing the same guy twice at the theater watching the movie twice with the same scared face lol.
Feb 1, 2018 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
I really love how well Akira's crush is described. Her personality flips as soon as Kondou is involved. she goes from a slightly distant and cool-headed young woman appearance to a really pushy blushing jumping teenager in love, like she does her age only around Kondou. That's really on point.

Without her injury maybe she could have run to make that kiss. What will she do when she'll be healed ?

I also love the last lines of Kondou "I don't want to get hurt anymore", it sounds like someone who loved, married, had a kid, ... and lost his love (wife). On point : that's what he is.

Great episode !

As for the young-worthless-only-thinking-with-his-d*ck-blackmailing-shit, ... where is truck-kun when we need him ? Only good thing with this guy, he is so shit that Kondou looks easily like the best man around (that was probably the idea).
Feb 1, 2018 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
Ugh. The first date was creepy as hell. Why did they need the blackmail? It's not like we learned some crucial information about Akira through it. At least we know going forward that the chef is a sicko. At least someone finally told her that dating your 45-year-old manager is wrong.

iTS A SHAME THE FIRST PERSON TO CRITICIZE THEM IS A PERVERT!!

Everything this show is doing is so obvious.
Feb 1, 2018 2:12 PM
Mar 2016
Oh shit with Kase in the mix , things might get more shitter for the girl, she should have been very careful. Kondo my man, you should be more careful with your relationship with your sugarbaby.
Feb 1, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2016
Akira is so freaking adorable, in a way, It reminds me of Usami Mizuki from Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai Aru when she got Subaru's Adress. Both Great scenes.

aikaflip said:
This shot was gorgeous at least.

WORTH IT, Such a Beautiful Shot! <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 1, 2018 3:17 PM

May 2015
Ugh, didn't like Kase at all in this episode. What an ass. Hopefully this is the first and last time we'll see him being like that.

Feb 1, 2018 4:15 PM

May 2014
Easily the best episode of the series so far, I'm excited to see where this is really gonna go.

There was finally a bit of drama and progress (if you could call it that) because of Kase's presence and I loved the whole contrast between the two dates; Kondo really does turn Akira into a smushy idiot.
The question I'd like answered by the end of this is whether these two actually like each other. Kondo seems like an emotional crutch for Akira to put all her focus into after quitting the track team, and she just represents the nostalgia of his lost youth.

Although I'll admit that scene when they parted ways at the station got to me a little. She wanted to run after him so bad but didn't :(

Looking forward to next week, this one's definitely becoming AOTS for me!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2018 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't like Kase at all, but I really liked how they made those scenes with him. The music on top of the harsh truth really was amazing.
Feb 1, 2018 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
Kase needs to man up and to accept that he wasn't chosen instead of sticking his dick head.

Tachibana's Angel Wings are beautiful, now I'm able to picture how Vera looks.

she should've kissed Kondo
Feb 1, 2018 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
Kase is a pathetic loser that needs to die =)

But seriously, I wish to see an anime one day where a character knows how to lie, I mean she could say it was a friend who did it to mock her because she talked about the manager idk, just don't fall in this traps.

Baby, daijobanai...
Feb 1, 2018 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
Why did the first person to criticize the age gap need to be an asshole? I have faith that this show isn't so simple to just close off the topic by saying, "anyone who thinks this is bad is just an asshole". There will probably be a more respectable conversation on the topic later that might reflect on what Kaze was saying, but it is somewhat predictable. Though I appreciate how the movie they saw was an I Am a Hero reference since they both ran in the same magazine.
Feb 1, 2018 5:31 PM

Nov 2014
animefan8800 said:
Major_Gilbert said:

Fappa said:
aikaflip said:
UGHHHH!!!!! Why did they have to introduce an overblown asshole? Okay, I understand the need to add drama or maybe competition to keep things interesting

It has a reason for why he is the way he is, we will see it sooner or later I guess. He didn't strike me as seriously interested at all but more like it was a moment's decision to distract himself from something.

(...)

Good points. When you put it that way, he doesn't seem so bad. If he turns out to have more depth—without malicious intent—than the standard asshole character, I'll forgive his behavior in this episode.
Feb 1, 2018 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Great. After Stalker-kun we now have a future sex offender. At least she stood up to that creep.

Her date with Kondo was nice. How she proceeded to put sugar in his coffee was hilarious.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 1, 2018 5:54 PM

Apr 2013

v2

v3

Some great pics and gifs :v though i couldn't make the stitch any better :/
duderusFeb 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Feb 1, 2018 6:12 PM
Oct 2016
Wow. And here I was thinking that Kase was gonna be a good bro-like guy for the other characters. How sorely mistaken was I
Feb 1, 2018 6:31 PM

Sep 2010
That freaking asshole... I swear I just wanna punch him in the face! I'm so mad I can't even. First you blackmail a girl into a date, then you drag her to the next place even when she wants to go home, you bring up hurtful subject for her, then hold her using force in the middle of the street, spy her phone conversation, crush her hopes and laugh at her feelings and finally kiss her when obviously she doesn't want to.... Seriously!! WTF dude!

I don't care they'll explain his behavior later or not, I very much doubt I'll ever be able to forgive 99% of the things he did.

There were lot of adorable and funny moments as well as beautiful shots, but I'm so pissed off I can't even comment on them. Pfff
Feb 1, 2018 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
I don't like Kase, I thought he was a cool dude but turns out he's just another jerk or atleast based on his actions this episode, that's how he comes off.

That shot of Akira on the bridge was stunning.
Akira is so adorable when she's blushing and fidgeting. <3
Feb 1, 2018 6:48 PM

Sep 2007
She kissed him for real in the manga.

Such a disappointment they didn't in the anime

Feb 1, 2018 6:59 PM

Dec 2016
awwww i can't stand this... i can't believe after so much wait the episode from this week is already over... i wanted to watch more from tashibana and tensho so bad... >< i really feel that i can't wait to get more from this...now we gotta wait a whole week again huuuuuuuuummm >>

Feb 1, 2018 7:50 PM

Dec 2016
Guess we finally found the scumbag character that's in every romance show. God what a creep! Also Akira's little dance after she set up the date was adorable as fuck!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 1, 2018 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Yo FUCK that dude

I cannot stand guys like that

Prays he gets run over by a truck
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» We need more realistic romance animes like this

Bourriche - Sep 26

19 by Shanti_Einer »»
Oct 6, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

86 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

97 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 25, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

139 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 13, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.