Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was amusing. Getting arrested like that while we have this little girl starring as the main character.

I think I read the manga awhile ago but I'm in it for all the comedy to see what else this series has to bring. So far, I'm pleased. Holy shit, is that also a proton sword? Oh my goodness.
Oct 5, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
That little girl is different (she's a doll, she said?). She summoned Kokkuri-san, who came, but doesn't believe he's Kokkuri-san, who tries to be nice. She lives alone and only eats cup noodles. Narration by Tamura-san is so nice.

Wow, her question is so dark. So he's the one who is lonely. And wow, she's scary when she got her cup noodles thrown away. She's actually lonely without him, though.

Wow, this is such a different kind of comedy. OP as ED this ep. It's funny. What... the preview is not preview!!

A monk and a dog? for a bit.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 2014 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
Kohina is surprisingly feisty and don't even think about take away her cup ramen or you'll get hurt. I'm going to keep this anime, it cracks me up and is quite adorable at times and poor Kokkuri-san he's lonely. I still can't believe Kohina phoned the cops on him, he had a towel on so he was decent.

Oct 5, 2014 12:50 PM

May 2013
Lol that was pretty funny. Loved that cute ending, but then Kokkuri had to open his mouth xD

Kohina calling the cops on him lol. Kokkuri using the internet in order to answer about the next day's weather. So that's his source for all his answers x)

Looking forward to the next episode and the introduction of the new characters.
Oct 5, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
That was really enjoyable and felt it when Kohina cried!
Kokkuri appearing while panting xD Getting called off as suspicious.
Kohina thinkiing that she is a doll! Her indifferent tone ^^
Kokkuri appearing during his bath time! Getting arrested xD
Kokkuri even got celled a stalker. The question scene and the talk about Google!
The sword of the fallen hero! All those cup noodles.

This was surprisingly adorable with them needing each other's company by the end! Their interactions were amusing :)
Oct 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2010
She called the police on him. xD

Cute series keeping it can't wait to see skits with Inu~
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 5, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
Well this was kinda nice xD
Reminded of Barakamon... same main seiyuu dealing with a little girl ^^"
Oct 5, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, this was funny, this probably will be the best comedy of this fall. Looking forward to next week.The song and the end was amusing at least.
Oct 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I didn't expect the anime to be this funny. It seems to be the fall version of Barakamon.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Oct 5, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
seems "okay-ish" so far.

i can probably watch this if it's a 1-cour show.
Oct 5, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
It appears Reborn had a sister!
Oct 5, 2014 2:15 PM

Jul 2010
Oh man that was great xD looking forward to more, and Kohina is so cute!
If things will stay this way, this might be comedy of the season for me.
Oct 5, 2014 2:16 PM
Nov 2013
this was so adorable haha! Now I haven't read the manga but I'm pretty sure her thinking she's a doll has a deep story behind it.
Oct 5, 2014 2:32 PM

Sep 2007
I cried the whole episode.

Cried in laughter. So funny and at the same time cute. I'm definitely gonna stick with this as long as I can.
The ED is also LOL almost to the level of UtaPri sing/dancing (and I want to know what they're singing so bad!)

I'm so curious about that dog lol....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 5, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 2014
This looks very promising, really enjoyed this episode. Glad I decided to check out all the anime this season as well.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Oct 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
"Don't kill my cup noodles!"
Omg Kohina and her noodles, haha. She's too cute.
This episode was pretty funny and enjoyable. Loved the ED.
Looking forward for more.

natsucule said:
It appears Reborn had a sister!

LOL

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Mar 2013
I came here to LAUGH, not to FEEL.
The latter part just got me....
Nonetheless, very enjoyable episode!
I'm in love with Kohina's character design and her monotonous voice!
It's so funny >.<
Oct 5, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
Kokkuri-san is so like Tomoe! Well, a bit less serious though. Getting arrested by the police, lmfao. Amazing episode, really. Kohina it's such a cutie but has a very sadistic side! Definitely she's one of a kind. That ending dance, lol. Looking forward to see how this develops.
Oct 5, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2009
I was really enjoying this episode it had some really nice jokes and funny scenes and all the characters are likeable so far.. can't wait to see more of this "Doggy-guy".
This anime will be some of the better shows this season, I'm sure of it.

Oct 5, 2014 2:55 PM

May 2014
I am not sure about this one yet, it's alright I guess.
Oct 5, 2014 2:56 PM
Oct 2009
Ok, the next episode preview was a video of a kitty. You can't get much more cute and fluffy than that.
I'm expecting lots of cuteness and manly-moe, especially from Inugami <3 I would so take care of that cute dog.
Sadly though, I didn't find it super funny (it was ok-funny though, got me to chuckle a few times) and I find always-chibified-characters like Kohina extremely annoying.
But hey, I'm not watching this for the chibi-heroine. I'm watching for the cute moe animal-eared boys.
Oct 5, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was hilarious and cute. I'm definitely going to watch the rest.
I liked the cat at the end of the episode, I wouldn't mind seeing little fluffs instead of a preview every time...
Oct 5, 2014 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
Just what the fuck did I watch ? Kohina is so cute, and that was really funny. I will stick with this one.
Oct 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2010
I had high hopes for this show and man... What a disappointment.
It was hard to watch till the end. I was hoping it would get better but it never did.

Definitely dropping.
Oct 5, 2014 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. A doll and a fox ghost.

Kohina is cute.
Oct 5, 2014 3:58 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kokkuri-san & Kohina's relationship reminds me of that of Handa and Naru's from Barakamon. Both male leads being voiced by Ono Daisuke is all the more reason for it.

Kohina's character is hilarious; especially how she tries to get at Kokkuri in her doll mode. XD
Them light-saber moves were badass! Retreating immediately was definitely the best option. XD

I wonder what role Inugami would play. Side characters like him usually makes the show even lively!

Good start. Perhaps, this can be considered as Barakamon's replacement for this season.

Oct 5, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
This was adorable. I actually laughed out loud when he called her a junkie. :D Wasn't expecting this to be the full 24 minutes in run time either so that was a nice surprise.
Oct 5, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2013
reminded me so much of Barakamon. I was hesitating to watch this because I read some comments about it being boring. But good thing I did! Kohina is so cute ^^
Oct 5, 2014 5:00 PM
Aug 2011
Didn't exactly make me laugh out loud but I love that she's so deadpan about everything.
Probably a little different than I imagined it but I like it.
Oct 5, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
Kokkuri will definitly be the highlight of the show.

And omg that OP.
Oct 5, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2014
..Oh My Gosh.
My sides hurt (mainly from the ending song)
But oh my Gosh.
I actually REALLY enjoyed this :33
Oct 5, 2014 6:16 PM
Jun 2014
I feel like this show needs a parody tag.
First half felt like a paraody of sayanara sensie and pretty much confirmed it when he tried to hang himself over despair lol. The guy in the box look like someone off black butler and hte girl whipped out a light saber and mentioning she got it from the fallen hero lol.
Oct 5, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
That was fucking great, even if the comedy's hit or miss. Absolutely love the mix of dry humor with slapstick.

But, those scenes where Kohina's eyes are drawn normally </3 such a brilliant idea, one extreme to the other.

This just rose to the top 5 of what I'll be anticipating every week.
Oct 5, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
Quite amusing although I don't think this is even remotely close to Barakamon. Some of the jokes are funny, some are bland. It's only the first episode though so it'll probably get better.

I like that Google joke though XD

Kohina is cute and creepy at the same time.
Oct 5, 2014 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty fun
Seems like I found my weekly doses of lighthearted comedy
Oct 5, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2014
Really different from what I expected. Kohina's attitude is amusing. I wonder what made her like that though. It seems like she reverts to a normal appearance whenever she shows emotions. The jokes are hit or miss, but I'm enjoying this so far.
Oct 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
I guess this will substitute my weekly dose of Barakamon, what can I say? Ono Daisuke is perfect once again, the gags are pretty good, not hilarious but they have that SoL and loving feeling that warms your heart. Also, I really liked that Kohina showed some emotions already around the ending.

Kohina3cute5me.
Oct 5, 2014 8:35 PM

Mar 2010
LOVED IT!!!
Kohina is so adorable, I really liked this, definitely gonna follow...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man, I was laughing throughout the episode. Feels like Barakamon again because of Kokkuri is being voiced like Sensei, and a kid in an elementary school. Really like their bond, even though they are hostile to each other.

Please make it like Barakamon, it was so funny in the first episode :D.
omega_d94Oct 5, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 5, 2014 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
definitely gonna keep watching this series~ So funny~ Kohina is so cute :3

its like a fall version of barakamon but its daisuke ono's character intruding on the little girl instead xD
lol that ending song, it was awesome
cant wait for the next episode!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Oct 5, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
This show piqued my interest. I'm curious to find out what the deal is with them switching in between art styles depending on if the spirit is around or not.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Oct 5, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
What a great first episode!

It was so funny when she had him arrested after he appeared in a towel!

This seems like its going to be an interesting comedy!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 5, 2014 10:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha that was so cute and funny! Instead of Barakamon, I was thinking this is Gekkan Shoujo of the season in terms of quirky characters. Either way, I'm liking the comedy so far.
parfaited said:
Didn't exactly make me laugh out loud but I love that she's so deadpan about everything.
Probably a little different than I imagined it but I like it.

Basically this.
Oct 5, 2014 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
not sure how to feel about this one. it had some nice comedy moments here and there, but didn't really sit right with me. maybe the next episodes will be better.
Oct 5, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
This will probably be the best comedy this season.
Oct 5, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
The comedy here was gold. My brother who don't watch anime walked into my room in the beggining of the episode, burst out in laughter after a couple of scenes and sat down to see it. That says enough about the quality of the comedy.
Oct 5, 2014 11:27 PM
Dec 2011
fox guy is so cute.
that loli is stupid.
Oct 6, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
Cute, charming, funny, and sometimes a little serious. I like this anime and it looks like this year's fall anime lineup is going to be good!

Clearly this guy needs to retake loli managing 101 again.
Oct 6, 2014 1:27 AM

Oct 2011
nice to see something this fall that isn't completely cookie cutter - this one went in a way different route than i expected - oh, and what the hell is "crambon"? only reference i could find online was a salon in urayasu, chiba, japan! i must solve this riddle - someone help me!!!
Oct 6, 2014 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
The start with Kohina trying to Kokkuri to go away was so lol XD She's so cute :3
Then how she called the police XD

How she owned him with those deep questions and sexual harassment questions XD

"We're friends right?" *While ready to hang himself*......."Is that a threat?" XD

"Don't they call people like u a stalker?" This girl is so lol XD

She's totally a Cupmen addict XD Her reaction when they were all taken was hilarious XD

That was quite a sad scene when he left :(.....until she got pissed and knee'd him XD

Dat ending XD Why doesn't Nakata have more lines D: XD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

74 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

134 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

84 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.