Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2009 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
A thread to show your favourite anime OPs, or anything you're digging at the moment.

I shall kick it off with...Gunsmith Cats. In my review I mentioned it was a predecessor to Cowboy Bebop, what do you think? OPs look mighty similar, right?

"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 10, 2009 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, when OP's FIT the show!

That one gets me in the mood for this:

CH91's was awesome as well!
Oct 10, 2009 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
You know something I'm noticing the more I watch older anime is the amount of male vocals in OP songs, which you dont see much these days. It's both cheesy and manly at the same time. Legend of the Galactic Heroes has epic male singing on their OPs and EDs. I just finished up Macross which also had a male OP, which kicked in on the last episode's action scene and it was epic. These days if we get male vocals on an OP, they're on rock or visual kei type tunes, and they barely qualify as 'singing' if you know what I mean.

Also, the dancing in that City Hunter 91 OP is hilarious!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 10, 2009 2:59 PM
Nov 2007
I never actually noticed it before, but it does seem similar haha. But I have not seen Gunsmith Cats since the days of VHS, I had forgotten that opening.

Here is my favorite '90s anime. I could not find the opening subbed, so here is the Japanese language opening and the English language opening. They are the same except for the dialogue that is spoken (it is not a traditional lyrics opening).
Oct 11, 2009 1:16 AM

Feb 2008
Definitely going to hit up Giant Robo sometime soon!

Yeah I totally thought about that before myself Beatnik. Nowadays, this is manly!? (not to pick on poor Code Geass here and that OP's not bad... but you guys probably get what I'm saying).

You just don't hear MEN like this thesedays (random example). Or for an ultimate example:

Anyways, for something female and totally kickass/catchy, this is probably one of my favorite mecha OP's:

The show just needs real, non-HK subs. :(

I've always felt that Galient and Vifam had very cool "out there" OP's, similar bands but they're different.

Do you see anything even remotely atmospheric like those ones thesedays? Yeah right!...
EchelonOct 11, 2009 1:23 AM
Oct 11, 2009 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
Echelon said:
Anyways, for something female and totally kickass/catchy, this is probably one of my favorite mecha OP's:

The show just needs real, non-HK subs. :(

I LOVE the character art for that, it doesnt look deformed like post 2000 anime, must check that out.

Those other OPs had very interesting music choices.

And yeah, I've been meaning to check out Giant Robo for years, if only for that cool ninja-looking female.
Oct 13, 2009 6:24 PM
Nov 2007
Since this says clips are welcome too, here are are some nice Engrish clips from the Slam Dunk eyecatches back in the '90s.

Let's go for it! It's cool to be with your brothers!
Oct 17, 2009 7:04 PM
Oct 2009
Beatnik said:
You know something I'm noticing the more I watch older anime is the amount of male vocals in OP songs, which you dont see much these days.

I agree. *.* I love anime how it is now too, but they basically throwed away a recipe which was already good. They should bring back our males in epic roles and musics!
Oct 19, 2009 3:16 AM

Jan 2007
the Votoms OP was already posted,indeed it's great,i also like the ED a lot too.

Here are some other openings i like:

i prefer the 2nd one.
can't wait to see Layzner completely subbed.

Oct 19, 2009 1:20 PM

Feb 2009
Fuck yes Layzner OP! Epitome of the cheese/manly ops that Beatnik's talking about.
Oct 19, 2009 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
Sorry, Shoujo anime:

Azuki-chan OP

Mizuiro Jidai OP
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2009 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
Layzner OP was cool, I like how it goes into a scene from the show midway through.

Nice shoujo OPs there tsubasalover. They're so innocent and pure, back when teen girls didnt need to show their arses to make people pay attention. Although Mizuiro Jidai looks like a show where the entire human population has died except for one girl who spends her days wondering around town doing wacky stuff.
Oct 23, 2009 6:00 AM
Sep 2007
First Sailor Moon Opening.
Song: Moonlight Densetsu
Performed by: DALI

Ah, timeless...
Jan 8, 2010 1:43 PM

Mar 2009
thats bring back the great time for me lol
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Aug 25, 2010 6:29 PM

Nov 2007
Zettai Muteki Raijin Ou OP & ED

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2008
Actually, I'm watching Space Runaway Ideon and the opening theme is very rhythmic for an anime of that generation. Performed by Taira Isao - Fukkatsu no Ideon

Jan 4, 2011 5:14 PM

Dec 2009

OP from anime "Mahou no Angel Sweet Mint". Cute and girly, but not too sweet in my opinion. I'm watching this series :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» List of Manly Men

Beatnik - Oct 12, 2009

10 by japonecka »»
Apr 6, 2010 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.