Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2009 6:31 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was my favorite episode up until now, great action sequences, and Hikaru character is growing and getting great development, looks like there will be some competition between him and the purple hair guy.
Sep 20, 2010 4:33 AM

May 2008
Hikaru getting promoted was great, he really developed a lot during these month.
I'm really enjoing this series so far~
May 1, 2011 7:46 PM

Jun 2009
Veethorn said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was my favorite episode up until now, great action sequences, and Hikaru character is growing and getting great development, looks like there will be some competition between him and the purple hair guy.

Yeah, I agree. Definitely the best episode so far I think. I didn't like Hikaru at first but he's growing on me and it's cool to see him changing throughout the series. I'm still not sure what to think of Minmay, though.

And, I wonder when the famous love triangle gets going. So far, it's been pretty much about Hikaru and Minmay. Well, except for last episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2011 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Wow Max could give Hikaru a run for his money both in combat and in love interest. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2012 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
I can see Max getting overconfident in the future. It'd also be interesting if he successfully wins over Lynn and Hikaru has to get her back. Seems like something she'd do.
May 20, 2013 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
Argh! Again that epilepsy inducing screen effect.
Hikaru is a squad leader. Misa reaction :D She's too hard on the guy - there are far more inept leaders and bosses for sure. She doesn't look like particulary happy about being saved either. I don't see who could romance her out of that tsun state yet.
I keep hearing Focker's words in my mind when he advised Hickaru on Minmei. They are a fine pair, though, but he will know trouble with this one.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
Two subordinates and one of them is a natural...that might be some competition. I think there is something big behind the Zentradi's reluctance to actually finish the Macross off. It really does look like capturing it is their goal, even though it is the only feasible defense that Earth has.

And erm....Hikaru, I don't think it is proper military behaviour to give your medals away even to spouse or close relative, so definitely not to a sort-of-girlfriend...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 28, 2014 4:38 AM

May 2013
Kakizaki hopefully got humbled in this battle, can't charge in to enemies like that. Max is went ham in this episode. It nice that he got praised but hopefully he doesn't let it get to his head and end up screwing up big time.

I totally thought that Hikaru was going to sing to Minmay as the birthday present lol. I mean she asked for it earlier so I was hoping for Hikaru to just blow her away with his singing or something but if giving her the medal is okay then it's fine.
Aug 7, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode, sweet ending.

The introduction of the two sidekicks provides an interesting new dynamic, as does Hikaru having to take on the responsibilities of being a leader. Will be interesting to see how they develop that over the coming episodes.

Don't really buy that the enemy would have called for retreat when the battle was going so well for them, even if the attack was unauthorized in the first place. Then again, the bad guys are easily the weakest point of this series, and probably the aspect in which it shows its age most. Just bad 80's cheeseball stuff. Not very threatening. Hopefully they'll get some more development soon.
Apr 18, 2016 6:55 AM

Jan 2015
Lmao he gave his own medal to her.
Aug 3, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Maximilian turned out to have pretty manly voice for someone that looked like female at first.
Oct 5, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2013
At first i thought Max is a girl but he's some kind of cool bishounen. I hope he will survive through the series.
Dec 16, 2016 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
How did he go from being a recruit to a 2nd lieutenant in such a short period of time? Promoting someone to such a high rank for saving one girl is rather extreme.
Aug 7, 2017 10:01 AM

Dec 2015
Kakisaki had the attitude of a character who would die on his first sortie. But now, it almost sounds like Max will get the big head and fail.

4/5 Really wondering why people who state things like "good episode thanks to Minmay's absence" watch this series...
Oct 19, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2016
I like Ichijou more and more,giving away his medal was nice of him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2017 9:45 PM

Feb 2014
What's with mechas and effeminate trap characters? Even Gundam 00 has one (Tieria Erde).

Not sure why Hikaru thought she would like getting his medal as a birthday present, and why she actually liked it, but if that helped to progress their relationship, then I guess I'm fine with it.
Nov 2, 2018 9:05 AM

Feb 2014
lmao the computer they used to introduce the subordinates almost make me go blind, too much bright white on the screen, not the first time this serie has done this.
Aug 31, 2019 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
Ah it's the episode where Hayao walks into the Macros's red light district lol

Bishounen Max nearly steals Minmay, I wanted to hear him sing.

Quamzin and Hikaru begin their rivalry.

Seeing a smile on Minmay's face means more to Hikaru than a medal he didn't expect to receive.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 20, 2020 2:46 PM

Feb 2017
Those two new guys are interesting. Max seems like he will be competition in the future.
Minmay's birthday went well in the end I guess. Tho I really wanted to hear Hikaru sing.
Jul 11, 2020 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
Maximilian's seiyuu seems to have a pretty interesting career in old shows, it seems. Devilman, LOGH, Lain...Nice.

And Hikaru just threw the "present" at Minmay xD
Dec 26, 2020 7:13 PM
Oct 2017
There's no way Kakizaki is gonna survive... All the deathflags are staring him in the face!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

58 by Nicoman- »»
Oct 13, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 29 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

33 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 19, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

72 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 26 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 6, 2009

38 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 25 Discussion

starseeker - Feb 14, 2009

46 by N_Erwann »»
Sep 18, 8:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.