Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
It had potential but sadly much of it was wasted, there was a ton of unexplained things about the world enemy and characters, the villain made no sense, the character development was rushed, the fights were underwhelming, and the entire thing like the character development was just a rushed mess

4/10

^ Pretty much. So much disappoint in this special.
Personally 5/10.
Jan 15, 2014 11:25 PM

May 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
It was alright but it felt rushed and empty. I could see it become a good anime series, it has the potential.

i agree fully. very rushed after the first half. I think it would make a great series as well. i would def watch it. but that ending like wtf, completely unnecessary. its like they wanted to dramatize it but all they really did was make people watching it go.....really....really guys.....did you seriously just do that.....(face palm)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jan 15, 2014 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
i mean the eventual movie if it is really a extended cut will probably do something like reveal ame survived or something and the special we watched just cut off before that happened

Though its hard to get invested in that romance even if they extend things sine she is sayign she loved him after what? roughly 2 days of knowing him

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 16, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 2012
why did she die? the mech was still in one piece wld have re entered atmosphere fine or did she die before that when he said i got you then syou said not yet either way was allright tho the death of ame was pointless to the plot and so random that i felt nothing which is uncommon for me also the fact she got stabbed threw the neck when gettin on the mech was out of place for this to or at least it didnt seem right
Jan 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
kingfelix92 said:
why did she die? the mech was still in one piece wld have re entered atmosphere fine or did she die before that when he said i got you then syou said not yet either way was allright tho the death of ame was pointless to the plot and so random that i felt nothing which is uncommon for me also the fact she got stabbed threw the neck when gettin on the mech was out of place for this to or at least it didnt seem right

She was stabbed just like Suou was stabbed. That's how the mech gained power I guess?... Since after Ame was stabbed, she was able to use the mech after it would not respond to her at first. And when Suou was stabbed, the mech used Suou's powers too, so they could defeat Tsukiyomi together. I think Ame died because she was not a Yagyuu like Suou.. So she did not have enough strength in her body to live after that?... Wish I could know more x.x...
Jan 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
That sucks that Ame died. I wanted a happy ending. I hope the full version of the moive will fixed that bad ending.

Do anybody know when the OST comes out? I can't find the release date anywhere.
Jan 17, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
Ending WTF??! I don't mind that she died but it felt like it was cut in the end.

I liked the relation they have to each other though. But main villan was just stupid. I also don't like that they didn't explain the origin of those creatures or anything about Giga Road - that thing was way to powerfull.

Don't know, felt like 5/10 to me.
Jan 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2011
11minutes in, fated meeting? -.- This girl is so useless and weak, even with a robot there, a man with no robot is even stronger than her dafuq all she can do is to say "Noo" when a shinobi approaches her, dafuq? I know about trauma and shit but if you're so traumatic about it then don't even start fighting those shinobi like you're some tough shit. Her voice is annoying in this case.

12minutes in, taking in a total male stranger? Oh my..

At 14:20, wtf with that dramatic stare? LOL, trying to act cool there but your panty is visible. Sigh I feel like dropping this movie -.-! I don't even know why did she dressed that way.

Dropping this at 17:00, characters sucked, voice actor/actress sucked.

Skipped to the ending, it looks good, so I'll probably wait for the full movie to actually watch it.
ToG25thBaamJan 17, 2014 5:38 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 2014 6:22 PM
Jan 2011
it was not bad, I actually liked the style and approach to this...

dunno why some people are bashing on Ame for being weak or useless. AS IF you wouldn't have been fooled by a mad scientist dude that was once your teacher and thought was dead, only to find out that it was all part of his plan and fuse himself with monsters. Not to mention having huge responsibility of saving the world by relying a false hope. pretty harsh stuff for what a 15 or 16 year old girl

just saying ya know.

my only regret is that i wished knew there was a full story length of this special before I started to watch this or else I would've waited til the BD came out and wouldn't have to hope that there be an extended and better ending than this

great...=_=
Jan 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
So this special was better than I expected.

So Suou survived and those tears. So that is what she told him when he went in rampage mode.

Great special!!!
Jan 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
its meh, it took the "Eureka 7" kind of ending, but i wouldn't compare them. oh and the romance felt awkward :/
Jan 21, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2011
It wasn't thaaat bad. I think it's all been done before though.

I thought the romance was cute, but probably because I just love Suou.

I'll give the full movie a shot once it's out. There were so many points that needed to be developed, and it was definitely because of the time constraint that they were unable to.
Feb 22, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
Good thing i didn't expect too much from this coz it sucked so much! The pacing was too fast and the character development was so poor!

I still don't seem to understand how she died! I mean was her body obliterated and reduced to ashes and Suou wasn't?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 24, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Yet another anime in the form of a special that has not yielded the full potential made ​​available.
Well about 93 minutes, exploited in a manner not in keeping.
The plot is told briefly and leaves little time at all in the narrative, yet another race against time to tell everything they can without giving way to the viewer and get excited enough to become attached to the story, the characters and places.
A real shame! ^ ^ "
Technically and visually I can not complain, the quality and level of discreet, the character design is quite nice and the mecha are beautiful to see, such as the transformation of Suou. Not bad even the OST.
I hope you make a TV series that could call into play in this series, telling it and making it better appreciate.

Final rating of 7/10!
Feb 27, 2014 7:30 PM
Aug 2012
fucking the author, wait to .... hopeless, the author bastard!!!!
shit!
Mar 6, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2011
So much monologing! Just shut up and fight already, jeez
Mar 22, 2014 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
I liked it, I was fully expecting Suou to die and not Ame.
Apr 7, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
The world building needed some work, the main villain had lame motivations and it wasn't really explained who he was, plus the character interactions just didn't do it for me...they weren't very realistic. Overall it had a lot of potential but due to poorly handled time skips, weak story, and else mentioned above, I don't think it was very good.

terrablu2003 said:
Technically and visually I can not complain,

I agree it did have some lovely visuals and eye-candy animation
Apr 17, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
For what it was, I really liked it, though it was way too rushed and there were alot of unexplained things. I wish this would have been a full length series.
MaorApr 17, 2014 11:43 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 23, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
It was way too rushed, this story shoul be put in 12-24 eps. If it did it could be an amazing anime but this way it is just too rushed.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 26, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
wtf..she died

Jul 24, 2014 1:49 AM

May 2010
OST totally reminded me of Naruto Shippuuden OST. Surely enough, same person did the music.
Aug 21, 2014 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
I like her Shield's sword. XD Anyway what's with Giga Road's cape? @_@ The Giga Road's transferring the excess heat to the pilot is a stupid limit control, I think it's like driving a car with the exhaust in front of your face! It's probably meant for suicidal or expendable pilots but maybe it's as Tsukiyomi said, it's just incomplete which Suou's Yagyuu abilities seemed to have finally completed.

...and the post-credit scenes sucks for me because I like happy endings. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 23, 2014 4:44 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This anime project was suppose to be DOWN since Sunao, Yoshida, who write the story, died in 2004.

RIP to Sunao, Yoshida

Im really surprise they restart this work.

Im sure this anime would of being popular if it was made back then.
Right now, bunch of new anime series overwhelm this series.

Anyway, after finished this show i love it. :D

10/10 (because there no other good anime that I am watching as of 08/23/2014)
Sep 10, 2014 7:53 AM

Jan 2012
average at its best
Dec 3, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty bad movie but at least the romance was decent.
Dec 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Any news on the full lengh of the movie? Has it been released yet?
Mar 8, 2015 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
This was an awesome movie, Kinema Citrus became one of my favorite studios.
they would be a perfect candidate for a Bleach anime continuation imo
Nov 6, 2015 6:43 AM

Apr 2011
This.... should've been a romance, not an action and if it had to be an action, get rid of Tsukiyomi and have the villain be Shin's uncle. Would've made for a better antagonist. Also, while I liked the interactions between Ame and Suou, the character designs and that little training moment with Sanda, that is pretty much it. That's all the positives I've got for this.
Dec 5, 2015 5:44 AM
Mar 2012
Saw non BD version (same length 1:33 so assumed it's same), felt like a summary movie, infodumps stuffed into unnatural monologues, making many sequences both rushed & stale. Unfortunately it fits better as 1 cour.
Romance well done for a movie (of course better if developed over time). Char designs simple & lovely. Suou & Ame really nice pair.
Poster mislead me to assume generic male mc pilots a mech holding loli in distress on his lap (exactly like Nobunaga the Fool). Glad it's much better. Suou is a hot white hair, yagyuu powers, won't scream like every shounen, and knows how to flirt with hime.
Ame reminds me so much of Akatsuki (Log Horizon). Same dark blue long pony tail, short & cute, lots of inferiority complex/uncertainty, but pushes thru & grows stronger. Sure she's not OP and needed Suou or Sanda to help, but she can fight in a mech fairly well.
Villain's speeches way too long. A summary should simplify to this length, not cram irrelevant details (like list what his merged shinobi powers can do). His motive is clear & generic: treehugger mad scientist aims to eradicate humans as poison of earth. His only good point is he had patience to plan the operation years ago, even planting the "false" idea Ame needs to activate the holy weapon (which actually releases the shinobi core...).
Shin's uncle/election conflict was pointless without followup. Ame's mom "summoned" Shinobi. But how, why. How did Villain's research began. So much not explained.

Good animation & pleasant ost. Perhaps due to rushing, mainly had issue with the dry, generic dialogues.
End: should've explained why she died. Villain explain pilot gets fatigued from heat etc. Can just simplify to mech drains life force, so she effectively sacrificed herself to save the world. Suou lives since he joined much later, and yagyuu keeps him stronger.
But the silent moment when Suou's blue eyes saw the sky, restored to blue as Ame mentioned before shinobi's existence, was a beautiful end in away.
Mar 26, 2016 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
Why was this not tagged as romance? maybe it was becuase all this felt rushed but that is one of the worst romances I've ever seen, not believable at all. I liked some of the characters that were not the main though but still a big sold meh. 5/10
Mar 31, 2016 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
so sad end but awesome. Ame's and Sou's love will live on, cried a lot. Their love will never go away
awesome anime
Dec 31, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Not the best by a long shot, lots of characters that are hardly ever used. It held my interest until the last half hour, I personally thought the ending was corny and cheesed. Didn't really care whether either one lived or died, but for the sake of consistency and not another unexplained hole, it would have been better with both either dead or alive and not just one.

Can't completely complain, found it as a related video to another animated movie on YouTube a couple hours ago so it's not as if I had much of a vested interest going in.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 28, 2017 12:58 AM
Jun 2016
Don't proceed if you haven't seen it yet.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
AlfyanMay 28, 2017 7:04 AM
May 28, 2017 7:07 AM

Mar 2011
Thread has been merged due to duplication
Apr 5, 2018 6:19 AM
Mar 2017
It has a lot potential if they make this become a tv series
Sep 28, 2018 8:26 PM

Apr 2014
cool as fuck ost was probably the only reedeming factor tbh, ehhhh.
Jul 23, 2019 9:45 AM
Feb 2019
Mano, pra que eles à mataram? Coitado do Suou que vai ficar sozinho olhando o céu que ela queria ver. Foi ótimo, mas eu queria que os dois terminassem vivos e felizes com a vitória. Qual o sentido em matar uma personagem principal de filme apressado de 1 hora e meia?!
Sep 3, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2015
holy moly the Giga Road was such a cool super robot
Jul 11, 2020 4:19 AM
Jul 2019
Bakagami_Taiga said:
i really wish someone would hurry up and sub this but i know it's a special so it'll take longer and subbers have lives so I'll patiently wait
Well it's 2020 and no we don't know if Ame died and there is no sequel
Oct 16, 2021 4:48 AM
Oct 2021
I think you guys misunderstand the ending a bit. She dies and he lives lord knows how ig in the sky. Throughout the whole movie the sky is always dark and gloomy but after it all said and done and the shinobi are destroyed the sky turns into that blue hue the she said the sky once looked like that resembled his eyes and that is why he cries when he sees it.
Jan 2, 2022 9:28 AM

May 2016
idk why people hating on it for having plot holes?? i mean it's normal if they didn't serialize the story into 12 episode instead of 2 hours special lol, nonetheless it's one of my fav although the ending made me cry bruh?? i mean they could've handled it better but i guess they wanted to end it and remove ame for good... bastards!
Mar 9, 2022 5:32 AM

Jul 2011
It felt quite cliche imo.
Overall, not bad but not great either.

I did get a laugh when the villain got so busy monologuing he missed the litteral castle about to ram him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Bushi(lord) Road

Pikadourei - Jul 26, 2013

1 by fuwwwaiiii »»
Feb 19, 2017 7:27 AM

» Promotional Video

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

18 by tsubasalover »»
Dec 26, 2013 3:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.