Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2013 5:56 PM

May 2012
Pretty enjoyable episode, lets see what's next!
Oct 11, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
Hato's drawing made me feel a little uncomfortable.
But other than that, It's been quite a while since I enjoyed a Slice of Life anime this much. And I actually like that this season is focused on fujoshi (which is probably what turned off other people), I find them kinda interesting in a way..

Also, was that a Gintama reference/doujin? It's pretty cool that it get's referenced for once.
Sep 25, 2014 1:02 AM

Feb 2013
Glad I'm not the only one that spotted that Furugoori from Robtics;Notes cosplay in the OP. It happen around 1:54. So many god damn references! Too many to name them all!

She lost at drawing a straight line. LOL!
Dec 31, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
I was told this season was all about Hato, nice to see it won't be the all the time.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
Narratively proves cute and funny story, the plot progresses well still analyzing the thorny quastione Hato, but do not lose sight of the purely SOL seen in previous years, employing it to show even the inclinations of most Ohno, Ogiue and also to describe the character of Yajima in more depth.
Drawings of good quality, but the best thing and the scenery that much space to the places where they move the protagonists, showing a very high quality in the drawings.
Too bad that is not able to like the new dubbing given to the characters, in particular so I do not like the voice of Ohno and Madarame.
The opening and ending I like more and more.
Jun 4, 2015 8:42 PM

Jan 2010
Huh. Was I wrong is assuming that Ogiue would be the one running the show? Hato got a lot of attention in the opening song and in the episode itself, and now that I think about it, he also got a good share of screentime in the first episode as well.

Anyways, so far, this is starting to feel less like Genshiken and more like an awkward Boku wa Tomodachi. That's probably because I'm force fitting my views from the first two episodes, but it's also due to similarities between various characters. Beyond that, there's an ongoing joke of this being Kuchiki's harem, but that might be a lie. He's treated as an artifact from the previous season, shoved aside so the women + Hato actually run the show.

As an aside, not seeing Saki part of the main group is still hard to adjust to. I understand why Ohno is still part of the club, as well as why Saki doesn't have time or reason to stick around anymore. Yet, had she stuck around, perhaps she wouldn't have blended well with the new members. The show is all about the new generation of course, but in that same train of thought, it still feels weird seeing Ohno around. As in, out of all the original members, why did she get so much favoritism?
Jan 31, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
Shocked said:
As an aside, not seeing Saki part of the main group is still hard to adjust to. I understand why Ohno is still part of the club, as well as why Saki doesn't have time or reason to stick around anymore. Yet, had she stuck around, perhaps she wouldn't have blended well with the new members. The show is all about the new generation of course, but in that same train of thought, it still feels weird seeing Ohno around. As in, out of all the original members, why did she get so much favoritism?

Ohno didn't graduate the same year as Sasahara, Saki and Kohsaka due to some issues with her school credits from the time she went overseas [Genshiken 2, first half of episode 7]. So, she's still studying there, although she has abdicated her chairman post to Ogiue as she has to focus on other stuff on her last year [Genshiken manga, chapter 55]. All the previous Genshiken chairmen did the same thing, by the way.
Dec 11, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Yajima had to check under the skirt, the temptation was too much.
Ogiue will get her manga published, even if it's a one shot it's amazing!
Jul 31, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2012
Hato, you're just too perfect xD

Kucchi's having it all easy
His "dad" helped him
That's not fair, others are struggling! :(

Hato x Mada
Hmmmmm
Hmmmmm
Please no.. I feel bad for Madarame xD

Ohno, please xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 15, 2022 11:59 AM

Jan 2020
I think my favorite character of the season is Rika. Her unashamed perversions bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my face.

Oh my, Hato's profile sketch was really something else. I guess it doesn't matter? No one in particular is going to see them, other than other and future members.

"Oh no! Why don't you worry about yourself instead of other people?" Lmao, that was the funniest thing Kuchiki has ever said. I still wish he would stop trying to act like he's the protag of a harem though.

Sheesh, Hato has meta-level BL on her mind.

Overall, this season being more upbeat is helping me to get more invested.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 1, 6:59 PM

Feb 2019
that was some profile pic hato drew lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

93 by Heleos93 »»
Sep 27, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

90 by Forum »»
Jun 24, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

43 by Forum »»
Jun 20, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

71 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 5, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

142 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 3, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.