Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 6, 2013 1:58 PM
Jul 2013
I puked rainbow in this episode.... skipping the song is just... TABOO!!!
Jul 6, 2013 4:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Not bad, pretty good episode. Let's hope it can keep it up. Season 1 ended up really really disappointing. This time, it has a chance to redeem itself.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 6, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
epic 1st episode
Jul 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2009
Such an exciting first episode~ I loved all the songs, but that concert was AMAZING.

Rooting for the pink girl because pink... .__. (Can't resist pink hair!)
Jul 6, 2013 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
bastek66 said:
New transformation
... just thought that was worth quoting.
Jul 6, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2012
Hibike Hibike, Haato yo!!
I loved Hibiki song this time.
When she threw that rocket punch i was crying the whole time, Too much Epic!

They improved the animation quality. This 1st episode was better than the whole 1st season.
Jul 6, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2011
MyAmy said:
It's back and it's better than the first season

I think this anime will be even greater in the future

I hope so
Jul 6, 2013 10:28 PM

Oct 2011
leeo268 said:
1/5
Regret watching after 2 minutes.
If it wasn't my policy to watch at least one episode for something new, I would not have put myself through this torture.

Apparently, this is a second season...
I guess there are fans for any kinds of anime...

you know most people watching this are just watching it for the trollz and thrill very few people actually find the show good.

Mini_Lancer said:
5/5. No need to argue there.

haha, u're being scracastic right? i'd give it a -5/+5

wakka9ca said:
Not bad, pretty good episode. Let's hope it can keep it up. Season 1 ended up really really disappointing. This time, it has a chance to redeem itself.

i wouldn't count on it, sit back, relax and enjoy the music and action, don't take it too seriously
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Jul 7, 2013 3:27 AM

May 2012
5/5

This and Danganronpa are the best summer animes (in my opinion) so far
Jul 7, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2008
A nice start! This show is just as ridiculous as the original so far. Hibiki still can't really sing. Chris still has the most nonsensical, but awesome names for her attacks. Tsubasa is still ready to kill at a moment's notice. And people still suck at fighting the Noise in general. It was fun, it was crazy, it's what I wanted.

Jul 7, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2007
I like how Yoko Hikasa's singing career at this moment is similar to her role in the series when compared to Nana Mizuki and her character.
Jul 7, 2013 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
Hahaha! Everything was on steroids in this first ep but you know what, I enjoyed it! A really nice surprise to hear Hikasa Yoko join the fray. Hibiki and Chris' battle scenes were great fun to watch. And most of all, I loved the music. It really helped me get in to the fast and frantic mood of it all.

Looking forward to more high-octane battle singing action in the future.
Jul 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2007
My interest in the first season of this really waned towards the end as the animation quality and story started to completely fall apart but I'm sort of a sucker for powered armor anime even if they feel like a music video with a vague semblance of a story built around it to try to disguise it.

So far the first episode looks like it has twice the budget of the entire last season but knowing Satelight and what happened with Total Eclipse and the first season of Symphogear I expect things to literally get ugly very fast.

I don't know if it's the overall increase in detail beyond last season (did Satelight finally figure out how to draw 2D characters? Time will tell) but I swear Hibiki got a bust increase. I don't remember Chris being that huge either. They both look great though as do Tsubasa and the new girl Maria voiced by the increasingly noticeable Yoko Hikasa.

In any case this feels more like they're actually kind of trying at least in terms of trying to make idols seem gar, but as I keep coming back to the point is if it will last. If it does I've found my mecha anime supplement for the season, if not I guess it's waiting for October.
PeacingOutJul 7, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 7, 2013 9:56 PM

Aug 2010
I really don't remember what happened from the 1st season so I am a little lost. :(
Jul 8, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2013
I LOVED the first ep
>FINALLY a decent transformation THANK YOU (still I want to see Chris Chan transformation) XD
>Dat action from the first minutes I love the new outfits n_n
>The singing always perfect I am replaying Vitalization all the time XD
> New evil people with Symphogear AOA waaaa this sure looks interesting :D
Finally I believe that the art is more pretty that the first season
Hope that the girls will teach noise a good lesson > O
Jul 8, 2013 4:36 PM

Sep 2010
DonKangolJones said:
Chris still has the most nonsensical, but awesome names for her attacks.

Giga Zeppelin

Megadeth Party

Billion Maiden

symphogear confirmed as the most metal anime ever produced :v
Jul 9, 2013 3:52 AM
Mar 2012
Quite surprised this has s2. Seems they took note of Vivid Red & improved the transformation.
Nice animation, very packed. Need to start collecting the songs, OP/flashback was nice, Maria & mother?

Already had 0 expectation for plot, so just watching for mecha/armored gar, fire & music.
Jul 9, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 2010
I read this info in the web (Excuse me for the bad English):
Opening Theme:
"Vitalization" by Nana Mizuki
Ending Theme:
"Next Destination" by Ayahi Takagaki
Insert song:
"Apple" by Yōko Hikasa & Yui Horie (ep 1)
"Dark Oblivion" by Yōko Hikasa (ep 1)
"Fushidori no Flamme (不死鳥のフランメ;Flame of the Immortal Bird)" by Yōko Hikasa & Nana Mizuki (ep 1)
"Retsu Yari - Gungnir (烈槍・ガングニール; Fierce Spear - Gungnir)" by Yōko Hikasa (ep 1)
"Seigi wo Shinjite, Nigiri Shimete (正義を信じて、握り締めて; Believe in Justice, Grip it Tight)" by Aoi Yūki (ep 1)
Jul 9, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2011
Catastrophic said:
DonKangolJones said:
Chris still has the most nonsensical, but awesome names for her attacks.
Nice, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that lol

So, am I the only one who's looking forward to the character songs more than the actual next episode? At least, as long as they're not Chris and Hibiki character songs *shudders at the mere thought of their last Symphogear character song CDs*
Jul 11, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
Well I was actually looking forward to the music and a second season of this but not I am not so sure... The start felt so damn rushed and the songs didn't do anything feeling almost subpar. Let me guess another one of their scientist was evil from the get-go...
Jul 12, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty good start.
Jul 14, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
Ahhh, let the masochism begin anew! Why am I watching this...

Oh well, a few truck of points:
- DRAMATIC BEGINNING- remember how that ended the last time?
- Better animation, but still not enough frames- and it might just be a troll like the 1st ep of 1st season, and the rest will be shit.
- "It is as if something is controlling the Noise!" - my reaction "What, this shit again?"
- Introducing: NEEDLES EXPOSITION. Why did the doc need to explain everything to girls like they just woke up out of a coma?
- Doc used manic laugh- inb4 being a villain.
- Songs are neat I guess.
- "It looks like something is controlling the Noise!" - no I'm not senile, they said the same thing like 4 times. I was like "No shit Sherlock.".
- Lol "It's like anime!" girl. Authors don't know that jokes get old. This one got old the first time.
- Still no explanation for the existence of Noise. And seriously, were they ever not controlled by someone?
- Noise are actually generic mindless henchmen, not the actual enemy. Not ever. Shut up, you lying synopsis.
- AWW YEAH, FANCY LATIN, 3DEEP5U!
- Is the pink girl a nekomimi or what's with her hair...?
- Black Gungnir looks cool. Tho, how many of those Gungnirs are there...?
- Hibiki still an airhead, die pls.
- Eww tsundere ChrisT, I want her in mad badass mode only.

... I guess I'll watch it just to see how hard will it screw up this time.
Jul 15, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, about the same as last season.
Surprised to see this with such high ratings
Jul 19, 2013 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
Electromaster said:
Ahhh, let the masochism begin anew! Why am I watching this...
Should I enjoy your mistreating yourself LOL. And I have watched this episode FIVE times and LOVING IT !!!! I hope this makes you feel better LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
A new idol and a new enemy! Really nice start of this second season, lets see how good it will be this time!
Oct 11, 2013 4:26 AM
Jul 2008
The duet alone was worth replaying, love it when the music is good.
Jan 10, 2014 1:35 AM
Feb 2007
Magito said:
Youko Hikasa and Nana Mizuki singing together is epic in my book.

Both the concert and the battles are epic! Its the first episode and its already a blast! This is going to be fun ride once again after more than a year of waiting.

Exactly my thoughts.
Mar 22, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
snore fucking fest

dancing + singing = biggest turn off for me

singing + battling = /cringed

don't know if I can sit through this one...
Oct 11, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
So glad to be watching the second season! The action in the being was awesome (MEGA DETH PARTY) and I liked the part midway through that was like: "We get to ride the helicopter? Seriously?! :D" *huge explosion* "...seriously? D:" "Looks pretty serious to me!" Symphogear, you so silly!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
It's back! Good start. I think that science guy might be bad. Just a thought. Also we got some new transformations scenes. I'm also starting to wonder why they have soldiers with gins fight the Noise. The guns don't do anytihng. They're basically telling them to go die. So far only the Symphogear users are only to destroy the Noise. That new girl better have a good reason for what's she's doing.
Jun 27, 2015 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
Just finished last episode of 1st season on BD a few hours ago.

Watching this on BD, definitely the animations are much more detailed and improved. The character lines are much thicker and have more volume compared to first season.

Chris is back! And so is Hibiki. Lol we didn't have the time for this XD

Miku and gang as well!

Glad Tsubasa is back!! New character Maria looks interesting as hell!! The new character in Cross Ange Vita: Naomi does look like Maria XD

So she's using black Gugnir :O Hibiki must be jealous as hell!!

Awesome music!!! Definitely getting better each episode!!

So Maria is Fine?? Guess Fine did get revived some way or the other.

Gonna be amazing for sure. Can't wait for the next episodes!!
Jul 21, 2015 11:58 AM

Feb 2015
The animation is a little bit better, especially the transformation scene.

The concert was awesome.
Oct 4, 2015 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
I_Am_Awesome said:
leeo268 said:
1/5
Regret watching after 2 minutes.
If it wasn't my policy to watch at least one episode for something new, I would not have put myself through this torture.

Apparently, this is a second season...
I guess there are fans for any kinds of anime...

you know most people watching this are just watching it for the trollz and thrill very few people actually find the show good.

Mini_Lancer said:
5/5. No need to argue there.

haha, u're being scracastic right? i'd give it a -5/+5

Nonsense. The only trolls here are you and the guy you quoted first.

Making the entire world their enemy and naming themselves after the bitch, that lost in the first season, is definitely not the smartest move. Well, it will be all the more amusing, when they get their asses kicked.
TheBigGuyOct 4, 2015 5:27 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 28, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
2 words... GEKIGAN FLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LoongFeelsFeb 28, 2016 3:48 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Nov 2, 2018 1:10 PM

May 2016
Wow, that episode was amazing. No wonder Katsumi Ono did well as a storyboard and Director.
Aug 24, 2019 9:36 PM

Jan 2018
Animation 100x better. Action 100x better. Transformations 100x better. Concert 100x better. Music 100x better.

Episode 1 of G > All of season 1 xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 16, 2020 5:10 AM

May 2016
Just finished last episode of 1st season on BD a few hours ago.

Watching this on BD, definitely the animations are much more detailed and improved. The character lines are much thicker and have more volume compared to first season.

Chris is back! And so is Hibiki. Lol we didn't have the time for this XD

Miku and gang as well!

Glad Tsubasa is back!! New character Maria looks interesting as hell!! The new character in Cross Ange Vita: Naomi does look like Maria XD

So she's using black Gugnir :O Hibiki must be jealous as hell!!

Awesome music!!! Definitely getting better each episode!!

So Maria is Fine?? Guess Fine did get revived some way or the other.

Gonna be amazing for sure. Can't wait for the next episodes!!

Animation 100x better. Action 100x better. Transformations 100x better. Concert 100x better. Music 100x better.

Episode 1 of G > All of season 1 xD

Wow, that episode was amazing. No wonder Katsumi Ono did well as a storyboard and Director.
Sep 14, 2020 4:43 PM

Nov 2019
Talk about starting with a BANG!

really enjoyed this episode, ah Chris It's so good to see her
Nov 11, 2020 1:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Really just watching this to get to symphogear avx and xv, but so far I’m actually digging this. Hope the following gx can maintain this energy as well

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 7, 2021 1:39 PM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and explosive start. This looks better than the first season.

I loved the performance of Maria and Tsubasa.
May 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, I love the anime girl.

Decent start. One thing for sure, I would stay away from concerts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2021 1:41 AM

Feb 2014
Just started rewatching this. The quality increase between this and season 1 is already striking lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2021 9:36 AM

Jun 2017
One thing I didn't notice until my rewatch - the military / disaster team's chick with the blue hair (Aoi Tomosato, I believe - the "warm drink" woman) notices something is strange about Dr. Ver pretty much immediately. I'm curious exactly what it is she's doing a double-take for.

I mean, we find out really fast what is "off" about him (many things... I mean, he's a total nut-job) but not really sure what it is she's concerned about at that moment.

I love re-watching anime I've already watched because I often pick up subtleties I didn't notice the first time.

FMmatron said:
Lol, I love the anime girl.

Decent start. One thing for sure, I would stay away from concerts.

Yeah... a lesson few in this anime seem to learn, judging by later seasons. I mean... the body count only seems to get higher as this show goes on and they hold more concerts. 🤔 ...I guess when your shtick is being an idol you either hold concerts or... start filling out job applications.

Noodle070 said:
Just started re-watching this. The quality increase between this and season 1 is already striking lol

Yeah and the production quality only goes up from here. Overall, this was probably my least favorite season, not that production / animation quality has anything to do with that... it's more the final boss + the antagonist being less interesting than any of the others...
Dec 27, 2021 8:33 PM

Jul 2017
Off to a great start with even higher production.

Season 2 and anime girl is still going. I fucking love her lmao

It's only natural that Yoko is voicing Maria. No surprises there lol

Apr 5, 2022 12:10 AM
Jun 2016
Damn, I know that Symphogear is fast paced. But I wasn't expecting Maria to betray everyone at the end of the first episode. This season is already starting strong. Damn, just damn.
Apr 25, 2022 9:53 PM

Aug 2018
Looks like they upped the octane in this 2nd installment.
Mar 13, 2023 6:42 PM
Mar 2019
Should not have waited to watch the sequel, forgot the characters.
Jul 2, 2023 3:45 PM
Aug 2017
Allegedly the same show as the first season, incredible episode
Sep 11, 2023 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
Good action to start S2.
Is it just me, or does Chris look more attractive this season?
Impressive performance from the beauties Maria & Tsubasa. They both have delicious armpits that I would love to lick!

So, Maria can use Gungnir and transform, and it looks like she got it from Fine? Or did she and her mom descend from Fine? or did Fine reincarnate already? Intriguing.

I hope Maria has better armor that exposes her armpits. I'm not too impressed with the one she showed.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.