Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2009
This felt incredibly rushed. I am trying to figure out what they are trying to do here. I thought it was great half way through then...it just went all over the place. I saw the original adaptation so most of it made sense...but if I didn't...then I feel I would have been incredibly lost.
Jul 4, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
Can't spell shit without DEEN!!!!!

But srsly I missed this show, it's hard to believe the first season aired NINE years ago ~_~
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 4, 2013 9:43 PM

Sep 2009
This felt WAY too rushed. I was a big fan of the original series but I think I may have to drop this one. Damn I was so excited to... (the animation is gorgeous though)
Jul 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
NaoiSama said:
This felt WAY too rushed. I was a big fan of the original series but I think I may have to drop this one. Damn I was so excited to... (the animation is gorgeous though)

Not sure if that makes much sense to me. If you were a fan of the original series then you mostly know what's going on. The first episode was rushed because it was a giant recap. The pace obviously isn't going to be that insane going forward.
Jul 4, 2013 10:14 PM

Jun 2011
\Shinku/\Shinku/\Shinku/\Shinku/\Shinku/

a simply 5/5 is enough
Jul 4, 2013 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
Well everyone's saying this episode was a recap of the older Rozen Maiden so I'll stick around to see how the next episode is.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 4, 2013 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Thank god this wasn't a retell/remake. Jun has another VA (Akito from OniAi)
Looking forward for an adult Jun
Jul 4, 2013 10:49 PM
Mar 2012
Wait... Two of the Rozen Maidens are already gone...
That really escalated fast.
Jul 4, 2013 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't seen the other 2 Alternative/Older version, but I just watched this episode.
Still have mixed feelings but i'll keep watching to see how I like it...

I'm always open to try something New xD
Jul 4, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2011
Ya if you haven't seen the what I guess they are calling the "alternative" version of Rozen Maiden I could see why you would drop a "wtf just happened". They briefed a ton of stuff from the original animation.

It does looks like this is a continuation rather than a true alternative story which is a good thing. Hopefully it really focuses on the Alice Game this time around.
Jul 4, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
This is okay for people like me who didn't actually read more than summaries of the original manga. I understand that they basically need to re-establish canon to properly tell the other story of "Jun who did not wind" (as the official website put it). It would have been nice to have explanation of what is shown here though.

And just to be clear, this IS quite different than the 2004 anime, and I think it would be problematic to try to establish continuity from that storyline, which had different mechanics of the n-field and Alice game.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jul 4, 2013 11:14 PM

Jun 2012
I liked all the introductions to the Rozen Maiden Dolls and their personalities but I can't deny I was scratching my head a lot being thrust into this world.

This is my first time jumping into the franchise and though I'm probably missing some context, I feel caught up on the important beats I need to know moving forward that the creators wanted me to know

Oh and more Miyuki Sawashiro is always a good thing :P
HybridMBLJul 4, 2013 11:35 PM
Jul 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
Damn,two of them are already gone.In the older series,I think that all of them were alive by the end of the 2nd season lol(don't quote me on that though).I guess they're gonna put the whole story into these 12-13 episodes.
Jul 5, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
Suigintou's wings are a lot nicer this time. Loving it.
Jul 5, 2013 12:26 AM

Feb 2012
GarLogan78 said:
HeavenlyUser said:
Seems interesting. I never watched Rozen Maiden since I knew the 2013 was coming out. I think this is pretty good though.

IDK I wouldn't watch this without at least some previous Rozen Maiden knowledge.

Why? Isn't this a remake, it's not a sequel.
Jul 5, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2009
Despite not watching the other ones I was able to follow whats happening pretty easily. It was a good watch for me. I definitely enjoyed the first episode. Im a little surprised that two got offed in the first episode.lol. Dude got his window broke twice and Kanaria was trying to get her solid snake on.lol.
DreddJul 5, 2013 12:53 AM
Jul 5, 2013 12:53 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty cool. Feels a bit different from how I remember Rozen Maiden, but it was still good.
Jul 5, 2013 1:12 AM

Feb 2008
It felt very different, but it was still entertaining.
Also, did anyone else took less than 2 seconds to realize the OP was by Ali Project? =P
Jul 5, 2013 1:20 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe that was the point, they made this recap episode in order to make people read the Manga even more, so it would gain popularity again , it makes since if u think about it. Still Things should start to get better from now on i dont think they would rush it anymore. I just have to wait and see
Jul 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Jan 2012
I thought this anime was very interesting~
I have always wanted to watch the first couple of seasons, but have never really had the time. That is why I will be quite happy if this is a remake ;)
But, even if it is a third season, I'll probably continue it anyway :P
I like it. 5/5

Jul 5, 2013 1:46 AM
Mar 2008
My god, the pacing was a fucking mess!
Jul 5, 2013 1:49 AM

Jun 2012
Must be the most rushed episode i've ever seen. Reading the comments here i understood some things and the reason behind the fast pace.

Haven't seen the original series, but it was on my plan to watch list, so imma watch this instead.

The animation/art is very appealing to me, so is the story, but 3/5 because all this fast pacing threw me off
Jul 5, 2013 1:55 AM

Jun 2009
Well... Now that we're done with the recap...

Time for the main story.... next... week...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2013 1:59 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing art and animation.
Will need to watch the first two seasons sometime soon.
Jul 5, 2013 2:38 AM

Jan 2012
I haven't watch the other older series, but i think i'm gonna enjoy this
Jul 5, 2013 4:36 AM

May 2013
Is this REALLY a remake or a new series?
so confused like, really.....

Nice to hear ALI Project sings the OP theme again! They suits the anime.
And the ED is good, want to have them on my lappy asap.
Jul 5, 2013 4:37 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Too bored to read the rest of the comments and so I don't know the reason why it was so fast but you know what? It doesn't excuse this WORTHLESS pacing. Events that took half a season, were shoved in one episode in a horribly way. There was no character development AT ALL. 2 dolls were out of the game in a matter of a couple minutes. I could hardly keep up with everything that was happening and worst of all, Jun! He doesn't seem phased at all by what's happening. Sure, he gets surprised when a window breaks but EVERYTHING else, he is pretty calm and just accepts everything. Talk about no personality~ Extremely disappointed at the first epi. I only like the art but that's not gonna save it if the rest of the series crams so much stuff in every epi.
Jul 5, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
Coming from someone who watched both the first two seasons. What the fuck is this shit DEEN?

Ah well, just glad it's back and kinda like the new art.
Jul 5, 2013 5:59 AM

Mar 2013
For someone who is new to this doll series, this episode is confusing.
Jul 5, 2013 6:03 AM

Jan 2012
^^ This, what the hell did I watch, no development or explanation whatsoever but event after even with tonnes of kawaii "dolls". I'm not sure if I really want this series now.
Jul 5, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2007
The animation was stunning, and it's so nice to see all the old characters back again.

But holy shit, that was a terrible, terrible episode simply due to the god awful pacing.

2/5

Jul 5, 2013 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
It wasn't that bad I guess...

I already dislike Kirakishou.
Jul 5, 2013 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
I was expecting something better from one of my favorite shows.How can they put things that happened in 2 seasons into one episode?Τhis is not fair for such a good anime..I definitely recommend everyone who watch it for the first time to watch the original.

Jul 5, 2013 6:42 AM
Feb 2011
Terrible... this looks like new series and remake in one. I was so confused - what they did with my RM?! o.O
And I hate new style of art - more modern, but also worse with less details. I see just colored spots, not beautiful dolls...
Jul 5, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2007
I'll continue watching this. Seems more intersnting than the first adaption. But I think ths episode has a lot of things...
Jul 5, 2013 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Maffy said:
Too bored to read the rest of the comments and so I don't know the reason why it was so fast but you know what? It doesn't excuse this WORTHLESS pacing. Events that took half a season, were shoved in one episode in a horribly way. There was no character development AT ALL. 2 dolls were out of the game in a matter of a couple minutes. I could hardly keep up with everything that was happening and worst of all, Jun! He doesn't seem phased at all by what's happening. Sure, he gets surprised when a window breaks but EVERYTHING else, he is pretty calm and just accepts everything. Talk about no personality~ Extremely disappointed at the first epi. I only like the art but that's not gonna save it if the rest of the series crams so much stuff in every epi.
NegacionVII said:
For someone who is new to this doll series, this episode is confusing.
ReasonDesu said:
^^ This, what the hell did I watch, no development or explanation whatsoever but event after even with tonnes of kawaii "dolls". I'm not sure if I really want this series now.

Its never a good idea to watch something without reading(or watching) the prequels.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 5, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2012
rederoin said:

Its never a good idea to watch something without reading(or watching) the prequels.

It's not a sequel, it's a remake, or at least that was the impression I got prior to this airing. After checking it was advertised and it is listed on MAL as a remake not a sequel so I fail to get your point.
ReasonDesuJul 5, 2013 7:39 AM
Jul 5, 2013 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
rederoin said:

It's not a sequel, it's a remake, or at least that was the impression I got prior to this airing.

Its not a remake. Its a adaptation of the 2nd manga series.

You really shouldn't complain about lack of 'development' in a recap.
If it was a remake, they would not have pushed 8 volumes of manga into 1 episode. Its not that hard to see this.

MAL has it wrong in this case., if they did advertise it like that. Although the current synposis doesn't seem to do that.
rederoinJul 5, 2013 7:45 AM

Jul 5, 2013 7:44 AM

Jan 2012
Well all the information begs to differ, even MAL has it listed as an alternative version, all the news sites say "The new adaptation of Peach-Pit's manga will premiere this July on the TBS and BS-TBS television stations.". It doesn't take much of a stretch of imagination to expect a decent introduction from a new adaptation of a manga series.
Jul 5, 2013 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
Well all the information begs to differ, even MAL has it listed as an alternative version, all the news sites say "The new adaptation of Peach-Pit's manga will premiere this July on the TBS and BS-TBS television stations.". It doesn't take much of a stretch of imagination to expect a decent introduction from a new adaptation of a manga series.

But that information is wrong.

Its aimed at those who have read the first manga. So yes, its a sequel to the first manga, not the anime.
And no, you should not expect a decent introduction to a sequel, you're supposed to read the prequel.

I'm just saying that if you want enjoyment out of this. You should eiither read the manga, or just not bother with it.
But complaining about a sequel when you have never even seen/read the original is just silly.

Jul 5, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2012
Once again it wasn't advertised as a sequel, but this show really isn't worth the time investment for me if I'm going to have to go and watch the previous season, it really looked like nothing special.
Jul 5, 2013 8:16 AM
Oct 2007
Paul said:
Also can't believe I forgot Miyuki Sawashiro voiced Shinku. Another big plus.

I can't listen to her anymore without every character sounding like Inaba from Kokoro Connect
Jul 5, 2013 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
rederoin said:
Its aimed at those who have read the first manga. So yes, its a sequel to the first manga, not the anime.
And no, you should not expect a decent introduction to a sequel, you're supposed to read the prequel.

Which is incredibly stupid from a marketing perspective.
Jul 5, 2013 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
Rinso said:
rederoin said:

Which is incredibly stupid from a marketing perspective.

That is true.

Jul 5, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
Should i watch the original? Or just start with this. Will it make that big of a impact?
Jul 5, 2013 9:12 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Soken100 said:
Should i watch the original? Or just start with this. Will it make that big of a impact?
To watch "Rozen Maiden (2013)" you should read the first 8 volumes of the manga.
Jul 5, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
This surprised me, didn't know a new series was being made, only saw this today by chance. It's nice to see this again, I did not expect any more of this. The episode was incredibly fast, must be confusing for anyone who would be new to this. Still, it wasn't bad if you know Rozen Maiden, so looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 5, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2009
I've seen the original series, but that was a long time ago, so this all seemed like a total mess to me.
Why wouldn't they make it more obvious that it's a recap? It took a while for me to notice, since I just thought this thing was more true to the manga (which I haven't read) and that the manga was this fast-paced... It would have been so much better with a narrator.

(Kanaria = best doll)
Jul 5, 2013 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
Okay, I was like O_O WHAT too at first, but I kind of came to understand after reading this topic. I love how the art is more back to Peach-Pit. So much better. It was good to see Suigintou's cunning again. I hope the next episodes starts with the 'real' storyline. Kind of like Code Geass did with R2. 'Remember? This happened? Yeah, now we are going to screw you mind, that is what this episode felt to me. Next episode, please~!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 5, 2013 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
This episode seem to be a pretty bad and pointless recap of the first series. People with no knowledge of the series won't understand a thing and people who know it don't really need randomly mashed together scenes... I guess it will go on during second episode with third being the real beginning of this series. And boy, it reminded me how I hate Ali Project. Every song is the bloody same cacophony. It also shows what a bad studio Deen is. Seriously who in his right mind would switch from Nomad to Deen... All in all, I'm really disappointed and have no hopes for a decent adaptation. I'd rather see a remake by Nomad faithfully following the first manga and then doing second season.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2013

53 by aloradear »»
Jun 17, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

118 by KinjiKido »»
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Allen_014 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Allen_014 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.