Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode, looking forward to the rest of this arc. I really like when they explore new ideas like this, it's one of the things I like the most about Ohba-sensei's work.

Bio said:
Silly how hard they're working to make this guy seem evil. Oh no, he successfully launched a viral marketing campaign and painstakingly incorporated public ideas from trusted sources to make a better manga! The fiend! Honestly, he'd be the protagonist if he had a different voice and expressions.

I wouldn't say he's actually evil, he just seems very cocky. After all this isn't Death Note, where Light actually killed people to further his own agenda. Nanamine's just a mangaka using unorthodox methods in a typically conservative Japanese corporation.
Dec 4, 2012 5:32 PM
Jul 2011
ricardocsc said:
That manga was cool... i would read it!

Yea. It was interesting.
Dec 4, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2008
Sakujo said:
Bio said:
Silly how hard they're working to make this guy seem evil. Oh no, he successfully launched a viral marketing campaign and painstakingly incorporated public ideas from trusted sources to make a better manga! The fiend! Honestly, he'd be the protagonist if he had a different voice and expressions.

I wouldn't say he's actually evil, he just seems very cocky. After all this isn't Death Note, where Light actually killed people to further his own agenda. Nanamine's just a mangaka using unorthodox methods in a typically conservative Japanese corporation.

Point is that the cues are screaming he's evil as loud as they can despite him being innocuous. It's pretty ridiculous and broke my suspension of disbelief almost as badly as Aoki and Hiramaru's love adventure.
Dec 4, 2012 9:46 PM

Oct 2011
I love seinin manga and I have to agree it is too dark for a shonen. Hahah it was funny how when they cut of from the classromm on secrets i yelled "WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!? WHO SURVIVED?!"...
but the ending I must admit disapointed me a little , he was TOO much like Kira from deathnote
Dec 5, 2012 12:08 AM

May 2010
Fraud or not i would still read Class Room of Truth cuz it remind me of BR.
Dec 8, 2012 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That opening "manga" segment was awesome. I'd read that!
Dec 16, 2012 7:41 AM

Oct 2009
omg this new mangaka is a real biatch xD

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Feb 17, 2013 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
That manga at the beginning was really interesting, I was hooked. They should just make an OVA about the complete story, I would dig it!
Nanamine is smart and I think the way he plans stuff is interesting, but he is acting like a bitch (elitist) and you're kinda fucked when you create works so good that the average reader doesn't understand it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 1, 2013 5:14 PM
Aug 2007
Classroom of Truth is a very interesting manga, but its disappointing that the author turns out to be a right little ****. Actually, you could tell just by looking at him.. and he somehow deux ex machina's himself all the way to getting a one-shot instantly.

I hope this arc doesn't last too long..
May 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting new character.
Jun 6, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
I don't understand why he just revealed everything to Ashirogi. That could be the end of him if Ashirogi decides to tell everyone else.
Dec 11, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2012
Oh help another rival or well more like a bad guy that might actually get in their way... well this sure is interesting development!
Dec 28, 2013 2:41 AM

May 2013
Classroom of truth is really really good
Jan 22, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
Douchebag ahoy!
Feb 7, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Wah, this guy is a total neutral chaotic. His plan is so wrong and horrible, I can't help but to love it.

I expected him to change drastically after the editor left. He's good and joyful side seemed too fake.

I wonder, did he become like this due to the serious and mature tone of Takagi writing? Did they unintentionally created a monster?

Anyway, this got interresting fast. I wonder if they'll plan to reveal his scam, they have too, when he said he was copying, he wasn't lying after all...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 12, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
Even though the guy is a douche, he does have the right idea. 50 talented judges are MUCH more useful than a single editor especially if you have the shittiest editors like Miura.
Mar 14, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
He's not evil, but he is an antagonist since with his method he's basically making Jack! pointless, and this is a show that tries to show the importance of editors and all. I like this.
Apr 21, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2008
Classroom of truth would be fun to see animated. There are so many series pitched in Bakuman that I would rather watch than Bakuman itself.

I like Tooru. The editors are pretty much worthless. Miura is literally terrible at his job, and people like Yoshida use the authors like slaves. F the system.
Oct 6, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
I would acutally read Classroom of Truth. That looked good.
Nov 8, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
I like this new guy. He reminds me of Yagami a lot. I think he didn't do anything wrong, he took up opinions from random guys on the internet for his own idea instead from the editor. He just happens to be an asshole. I agree with Bio's post, they are working too hard to make this guy seem evil, but who knows in the future episodes thou.

And Classroom of Truth looks interesting, he should have submitted it to seinen magazines dammit! Too bad this series is all about "Jack" magazine and glorifying it.
Nov 10, 2014 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
That manga was really interesting (but it reminds me of some games and other manga with the same content).

I don't agree with that thing of "not posting the manga for free".
Jan 17, 2015 9:04 PM
Jun 2013
I thought the guy was really deceptive and bothersome, but after he admitted to not even coming up with the story on his own, I lost all possible respect for that guy. And any writer, no matter what kind they are, should feel the same way. And it's a huge slap in the face to Ashirogi Muto because we have seen them struggle for 2 seasons to come up with great, authentic material. And it to see some guy come out of nowhere with such a disgraceful work is disrespectful to the craft and the people that work to perfect it (with authenticity).
Mar 6, 2015 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
Classroom of Truth was really interesting! I want it to be real. I got so into the story that I forgot that I was watching Bakuman - I was so disappointed when Takagi and Mashiro popped into the screen x)

The new guy is a bit of an asshole though... This should get interesting!
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 10, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Light Yagami joins the battle!
But this guy is still nothing compared to Niizuma. Niizuma is still the final boss for Ashirogi.
Mar 5, 2016 6:42 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm seems the author of Bakuman knew how to make some unorthodox standard battle manga xD
This is the first time there's an antagonist? Uhh for me yes xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 30, 2016 4:22 AM

Mar 2014
A Battle of Unorthodox Manga ~ .. Suspense !!
What a silly fox . It was not unexpected though . With blabber , what can it do .
I also haven't seen a manipulative guy lately . Well , here he goes .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2016 9:26 PM

Sep 2015
Wasn't that surprising for me cause I've read the manga.
May 27, 2017 3:59 AM

Dec 2014
The manga at the start was really interesting. I'd rather watch that than the actually show lol.
Feb 3, 2018 6:49 PM
Jun 2013
Now I'm thinking this arc would have been really good as a movie or ova. Two new characters in the mix just feels a bit off this late in the game. Also, unlike the other arcs, there is no clear destination from all of this; it's just drama. Not bad, but definitely doesn't fit with the rest of the Bakuman material.

That Classroom of Truth manga was super interesting, though.
Nov 10, 2018 10:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Appears the "Devil" in the Shounen Jack!!!! kekeke
Jan 7, 2019 8:29 AM
Aug 2018
"Lets start with Classroom of Truth"

Then they show it's content and review it. "In terms of story and art, it's far above the other candidates here."

How would he know if that is the first thing they started to read?
Mar 1, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2017
I don't like the new guy. I want more Iwase, Aoki, Niizuma and Hattori.
Mar 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
Quite frankly I'm a bit disappointed with how this season has been so far. A lot of things just feel really forced and unnatural. Of course there's still an entire two-thirds of the season left, so I'm going hope they can at least turn a few things around.
Dec 18, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
New adversary appears, seems he knows what he's doing!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 17, 2020 12:21 AM
May 2015
Dio's va calling himself god and stopping time outside the classroom.
Aug 17, 2020 12:58 AM
May 2015
I was vibing with nanamine even with the double personality until he said he didnt come up with any of his manga himself. How dissapointing.
Oct 6, 2020 7:40 AM

May 2018
Nanamine being an absolute asshole wow
Jan 13, 2021 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
Nanamine's quite the cold, calculating and conniving bastard eh. Really does feel like a product of a hardcore Ashirogi Muto fan who's addicted to darker themed manga that pushes or breaks the boundaries that Shounen Jump love to establish for its readers and rebel against it, while making his vision heard by as many fans as possible at a rapid rate too. He's thought it all out beforehand, planning a manga with many other people in an online room chat/call session and orchestrating all those ideas together to create a manga that shows disregard in a sense to the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine. It's trying to defeat Jump in Jump in a sense. Going to be interesting to see how Ashirogi Muto responds to Nanamine since he was someone who was influenced/inspired by their works in the past and is taking the wrong way to get serialized with such ease compared to them, underestimating the editorial staff and the journey to being a popular mangaka. Nanamine's smart to publish the manuscript of Classroom of Truth online as its created a massive buzz around what would be his next work, which is a Jump one-shot, so quickly as an amateur.
Feb 28, 2021 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
The story at the beginning of the episode was fantastic, and I really wanted to see how it ended. That's the great thing about Bakuman. It's a story about making manga, but a lot of the manga's mentioned are given actual fleshed out stories that the Bakuman characters and IRL viewers alike can admire.

The "disappear if you lie" story had me gripped.

We, the viewers, actual read a portion of a fictional manga (as was narrated to us) that was INSIDE of an anime. Which is a very interesting metaphysical quality. But also something not many other anime/manga can do -- and something that distinguishes Bakuman from its contemporaries.
Aug 1, 2021 3:27 AM

Jan 2020
Heh, little did they know that death game type of manga is so mainstream nowadays...
Aug 1, 2021 3:29 AM

Jan 2020
I knew it, that hairstyle is too cool to be the hairstyle of a protagonist...
Aug 20, 2021 7:12 AM

Mar 2019
I know this would never happen, but this episode was a perfect build for Ashirogi muto to write death note. Let's see what they write.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Oct 23, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2007
CoT, completely absorbed me.
though it's feels a lighter version of gantz.

if nonamine would be voice cast by light's sayu it would be great.
but then again, light seems to be much better character.

eiji really missing for me in this episode, his opinion on manga is crucial on this part.
Aug 19, 2022 7:12 AM

Feb 2019
I wanted to see more of Classroom of Truth. I want to know what happens after it... Just goes to show how much "talent" Nanamine Tooru has. Regardless of whether he combined ideas from several people, he still did make it in the end.

If I'm being honest, it sounds more interesting than anything Ashirogi Muto has come up with so far.
Oct 30, 2022 7:29 PM

Jan 2020
Classroom of Truth was rather interesting, it seems like something I'd read. And, I appreciated actually seeing content from the manga. We saw some panels and followed the story a bit. I like when this series does that, showing us how good something is rather than just vague references. That being said, I have read many things that are similar to it. So, it's not like it was super unique or anything. I guess Nanamine admitting to "lifting" other parts of series explains that away though. It's well done, but not exactly original. Still, there's something to be said about the execution. Clearly Nanamine has talent, though I do feel like he's a weird antagonist for Moritaka and Takagi. In general, this season has been pretty weird though.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 8, 2023 5:07 PM

Dec 2020
They are trying so hard to make this guy evil, but it's just, but I have nothing but respect for that he did something smart to become popular, I see not really much wrong. he was just being a smart person.

Though I don't think it has too much originality, it reminds me of a few anime like danganronpa.
Also, a anime i really really do not like kings game the animation.
niookookjoJan 8, 2023 5:13 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.