Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 23, 4:01 PM

Nov 2009
Why do Holos ears not cast a shadow in the after credits? She also doesnt seem to have a tail either. Only Myuri is able to do that. Seems like an oversight lol.
Saito66Sep 23, 4:06 PM
Sep 23, 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
Great end for the arc and S1.

I am glad we got confirmation for S2. I hope we go for full adaptation of the main story.
Sep 23, 4:06 PM

Jan 2008
Nice charade they pull there, foiling the Bishop's scheme of planting false evidence to try and take total control over the village, by forcing him to risk ingesting the tainted wheat flour they deliberately mixed into the cargo, turning the whole situation around using their own trap with the help of Holo's miracle.

With that church takeover plot resolved, now it was Lawrence's turn to come out on top with the corrupt short and fat merchant that tried to screw over Lawrence and the village by getting rid of the tainted wheat. It's like a return scam; buying something new, but then swapping it with something else entirely while getting your money back.

I was curious at how Lawrence was planning on tackling the returning of the money issue, but I certainly wasn't expecting him to introduce a whole new industry from one product that's uncommon in the area, and one that would satisfy all parties involved at that. I suppose that's one strong benefit of being a traveling merchant, coming across something common in one area and selling it somewhere else where it'd be in high demand.

There are a lot of benefits to biscuits: Long-lasting shelf life, which can survive the winter. Great snack food, which goes well with booze. Can be used as rations, great for travelers. I'd imagine they'd only last a week after freshly baked, but if you don't mind some staleness, then they can last even longer.

It's good that the village can continue worshiping the snake diety with no issue now that it's considered a messenger of their god. It reminds me of how Christianity evolved by adopting practices from other faiths, such as pagan ones, such as deities as saints, symbols, and festivals/holidays like Christmas itself which aligns with the winter solstice, but I digress. And now with Lawrence's help, the village has more than one product they can export besides wheat flour, simultaneously repaying the debt from the old contract's stipulations, and increasing their finances far greater than the old contract could.

I'm also glad that even Evan's treatment is now better as not only the miller, but also being the negotiating mediator between the village and Enberch (Enberg?).

The best part of it all is knowing that Lawrence and Holo didn't have to abandon their horse and cart in the end, where the only thing they abandoned was their initial plan to flee.

Here's looking forward to season 2 in production, whenever that comes out...I assume a year or two from now.
Sep 23, 4:06 PM
Oct 2016
The journey of Holo and Lawrence has come to a temporary end. They managed to perform a miracle in front of not only the bishop but all the other officials and the townsfolk. Holo making the wheat grow aside from one cart to show how that one is the one with the sickness. Turning the tables by having Evan drink blessed water mixed with the good wheat then offering the bishop the same water but with the bad wheat. Providing the miracle needed to set a new deal for the town and save everyone. I'm glad they were all so thankful to Lawrence and let him negotiate buying the wheat back too. Those town folks were horrible to them and would've killed all four that left but decided to come back. They should be immensely grateful otherwise a horribly unfair deal would've been put into place. Elsa managed to preserve Father Franz legacy and even build her own now. Holo and Lawrence getting a goodbye and setting off for their next destination. This time one off their path and out of the way. I've very much enjoyed this remake bringing to life a story for a new generation to see. The only negative I have is the economics of it all can be overwhelming if someone isn't into that really. The art looked great, the characters were well written, the world has so much life and variance in it. This is a really great story I'm happy has been given another chance, and there's still more to come with a second season announced!

88/100
Sep 23, 4:30 PM
Oct 2020
Alright it's over. Looking forward to the next season
Sep 23, 4:53 PM
Jul 2022
Loved the remake! Can't wait for season 2.

9/10
Sep 23, 4:55 PM

Jul 2022
What a great performance Elsa and Evan showed in presenting the miracle to the people of Enberch. And Lawrence showed what a great merchant he is by offering benefits to Tereo and forming a business partnership between Tereo and Enberch.

This was a beautiful and amazing anime. I haven't seen the previous version, but judging by some reviews, this is one of those rare cases where the remake surpasses the original. With a confirmed second season and that extra scene showing older Holo and Lawrence, it was a fantastic finale. The lead couple was excellent and the soundtrack was just as outstanding. Nothing but praise for this anime.
Sep 23, 5:00 PM
Jul 2015
The perfect place to cut between seasons. Looking forward to the next one.
Sep 23, 5:00 PM

Jan 2024
Big Elsa W.
Surreal performance completely bamboozled everyone including the Priest Mendez who have to surrender reluctantly. Holo manipulated stings brilliantly from the back.

Lawrence also impressed me the most here in the series. He needed substantial Holo help to get out of pinch but here he had that aura.
Got rid of that stupid contract to keep the villagers in check while negotiating a fare price also Biscuits.
Biscuit saved the day.

Elsa & Lawrance trying to discipline Evan and Holo was such a wholesome scene.
The arc kinda slow at start but made it up later with such a fun finale.

Mayuri which surely is shown Holo and Lawrance daughter also made the last scene like the first one.

Had no clue about this but it was as good as expected. Holo & Lawrance both are excellent character with great chemistry. Romance is not even the point but trust they had built for eachother over the season that now they are inseparable.
The adventure and encounters in each town possing new challenges and see how the overcome it was very enjoyable. Economy aspects wasn't really very complex but not dumb level so merits for that aswell. Drama was top notch.

Great ost and animation quality to the entirety. First cour was slightly better but the last arc was good too.
V1- 9
V2- 9.5
V3-7
V4-8
Overall 9/10

Waiting for S2 of more Wolf waifu teasing a poor merchant...
WaterMageSep 23, 5:05 PM
Sep 23, 5:06 PM

Mar 2020
Final episode. Aired since spring season (April) up until today, 6 months.

It was a nice journey. Season 2 is confirmed too. 👍
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Sep 23, 5:11 PM

Jul 2017
A decent episode to end a forgettable volume for me and overall, an average season for me. Not a bad adaptation but felt a little lifeless at times, the material did get a bit stale and old for a while after the first couple volumes.
Sep 23, 5:15 PM

Jul 2024
A fine ending to the season and very much looking forward to the next
Sep 23, 5:21 PM
May 2017
How does being back home feels?

Times change. The house changes. Everything inside changes. Home does not change.

Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf feels like being back home.

Excellent, both the ending episode and the series! The second season, officially announced and in production, will resume the story.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 23, 7:13 PM
Nov 2018
I actually liked that last arc, pretty entertaining. Overall, I get why ppl like this show, but it's not for me. Some parts did not grab my attention, but nevertheless there were some cool moments.
Sep 23, 8:10 PM
Aug 2024
I primarily picked up this show because the premise sounded interesting and I knew the original run of the show was pretty popular back in the day, even with the criticisms directed at how it wasn't quite faithful to the source material.

With the way the episode ending, I'm hoping this does mean a season 2 is in the works (Haven't seen any official news yet).

I don't know if this show would've been a first choice for me had I not known about it beforehand, but I'm glad I picked it up. The story has been great and they ended at just the right moment- not in the middle of anything and no real cliffhangers apart from the overall one that is driving their journey.

That wraps up this show; one step closer to Fall 2024
Sep 23, 8:21 PM

Nov 2023
One of my favorite anime of the year, I love it.

I'm glad there's already a second season coming, I hope we'll be able to get a complete adaptation of the series.
Sep 23, 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
Beautiful 10/10

Waiting for you...season 2
Sep 23, 9:37 PM
Jul 2024
it had good visuals and an interesting setting, the characters are fine for the most part but none are particularly memorable, i didnt find its story interesting at all

6/10

im not sure if ill watch its sequel
Sep 23, 10:14 PM
Mar 2021
Uma obra tão simplória e um arco com um começo tão cansativo conseguiu fazer o que a maioria não consegue.... Me pender ate o final sem eu enjoar!!!

Pra alguém que aprecia diálogos com monólogos estrategistas isso foi magistral! Além de apresentar vários conceitos econômicos usados antigamente
É realmente uma pena a parte técnica não ser das melhores, considerando algumas imagens tortas e mal desenhadas, porém em partes climáticas a staff entrega o que é preciso

Sobre esse final... Bom, imagine uma casa no meio do nada, com uma mulher, um homem e uma garota mais nova. Acho que a primeira coisa que você prensaria seria uma FAMILIA, certo?
E bom, se na perspectiva da mulher (Holo) ela estava contando tudo isso como uma historia, podemos considerar que aquilo seja o FIM DA OBRA??! E além disso, eles poderia chegar a adaptar todo o material original?? É uma possibilidade....

Eu não li a LN, então não leve tão a serio o que eu disse, isso foi apenas um surto esquizofrênico LOL
Sep 23, 11:08 PM

Mar 2021
Elsa was really amazing this arc. I think I would even go so far to say that if she was the mc and we got her POV it would've been even better. To get more insight on her struggle with her beliefs of God, her relationship with her father, the obstacle brought with being his successor, her decision to protect the village, and most of all her moment in this episode. The anime that I've watched have not really dealt with questioning religious beliefs which I find an interesting topic. The only other instance of this is with Prince Canute in Vinland Saga and that moment was peak. It was even more remarkable when we see how difficult it was for her to pull of those courageous feats with her tearing up right afterwards.

I hope that our duo comes back to take a visit to see how Elsa and Evan grow up. Same with Kumerson honestly, to visit Lawrence's friend and Diana.
Sep 24, 12:37 AM

Jan 2018
So, Holo performed the "miracles" behind the scenes while Evan basically took all the credit. The Bishop was tricked and pressured enough to officially declare it as a miracle—a big win for the village Ig. But Evan might be screwed if someone asks for a miracle later on.

Lawrence made biscuits of the flour and told the villagers to sell them at Enberch. That way they didn't have to sell the flour directly and they didn't bake breads to compete with the bakers. Genius strategy. Tho Idk what the deal with the nervous guy was. It seems like he was guilty of something. Was he the one who poisoned the flour/wheat?

Man, this episode was such a nice ending. I'm so glad I watched this show. It's definitely one of my favorites of this season. I'm sad that it's over but ecstatic that a Season 2 was announced! I love it when they announce a sequel right away instead of leaving us hanging for years.

Watching the remake and the original back-to-back was an interesting experience. I think both have their pros and cons. I think the cons of the original are the skipped content and some unnecessary changes. The cons of the remake is that after the first 6 episodes, the animation quality seemingly took a huge dip. I hated that. The first part really looked good and well-animated unless I'm misremembering. So, the decline in quality and character art hurt the series. That's probably my biggest complaint about the remake.

Aside from the questionable animation, I actually prefer the artstyle of the remake. I didn't watch the OG first so I have no bias towards it. I think the OG looks great in its own way but Holo in the Remake looks and acts closer to how she's described in the series itself. I also love the music of the remake. The music of this episode was also majestic.

Overall, I'm really glad I gave this anime a shot. I can't wait for Season 2. I wonder if I should watch the second half of Spice and Wolf II... I think I'll watch them together like I did with the first 16 or so episodes.

I think it's a shame that this anime isn't more popular. More people should give this series a chance.
Sep 24, 12:46 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
Just as good as the original, 8/10.
@GakutoDeathGlare nahhhhh this shit so ass 😭
I dropped it after watching 5 episodes ×4 speed and it's still was trash 😂😂😂
Sep 24, 1:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The cookies was the solution!!!
After ending the last 40 sec. were amazing!!!
kekeke
Sep 24, 1:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice conclusion with Holo's "miracle" which forced the priest to give up on the allegations and fix all the village's issues now (even though they're not getting all the money back at full price but it's already fine this way), good conclusion for this arc, was definitely nice to see it adapted, and now their adventure continues in the 2nd season, I can't wait, especially that they teased even more at the ending with more glimpse of their daughter
Sep 24, 2:07 AM
Sep 2021
A good end to the season, 1st half was good & 2nd half fell off for me. But was a nice journey for me.
Sep 24, 3:35 AM
Feb 2020
That was good finale to a really good arc.Tho personally was mixed on the remake as a whole,episodes had some underwhelming production like some of the pyrite arc was stiff and limited movements with only lip flapping while others had chain of dialogues after dialogues with no break in between made it felt unnatural and break immersion.

Still,enjoyed more episodes than not so its a High 7/10
Sep 24, 4:31 AM
Jul 2024
peak anime has ended
Sep 24, 6:49 AM
Oct 2020
Inexplicable said:
I don't really remember the original but I'm pretty sure it ended completely differently, I'm confused. Did they adapt a different part of the story or something? I feel like after the dispute with Amati was resolved, the show strayed from the original or is my memory playing tricks on me...

this version of the show is following the ln the first one was a bit more loosely with following the source material
Sep 24, 9:04 AM
Nov 2020
Cutest couple of the season imo🤧🤧
Sep 24, 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
The decision to head back to the village and help it from the pressure of the Enberch priest proved to be a smart choice. I enjoyed seeing how Lawrence, Holo, Elsa and Evan all worked together to completely flip the situation around on its head. Not only has the villagers have been saved, but thanks to Lawrence's public portray of negotiations, he helped to make everyone a profit thanks to the biscuit idea. =)

Not only was this particular arc very enjoyable, I also say the same for this adaptation as a whole. It did have some weaker episodes and a few moments where the visuals were lacking, but as a whole, Passione did a pretty good job with this. I highly look forward to the second season when that comes out and hope that the quality maintains the same, if not, gets improved on more.

8/10
Sep 24, 2:32 PM
Apr 2024
cant rlly compare the original and now but tbh both are excellent 10/10.
the end credits was a pretty amazing thing to show👀👀
Sep 24, 3:56 PM

Jul 2020
Holo saved the world! Holo liberated the world!
Sep 24, 7:44 PM
Sep 2024
really nice ending
Sep 24, 9:15 PM
May 2023
I loved it sm but now I miss it 😔😔😔💔

At least we're gonna get a season 2 sometime in the future ! ! :3
Sep 24, 9:31 PM
Sep 2024
Reply to NeinHumein
Why didn’t they kiss
@NeinHumein so we can keep wanting them to kiss. that said. it is nice watching them learn they are safe with each other, do projects, have successes and failures together. Building such a great foundation will make their kiss delicious, and is the fuel of their closeness.
Sep 24, 11:05 PM
Oct 2019
Amazing finale!!
Happy ending for this Arc.

What a great first season, following their journey from the start till now is such an emotional rollercoaster.

I never watched the OG so i don't have anything to compared about so as a new viewer i would say this is a pretty good season.

Glad they announced season 2 right away.
I can't wait!!

8/10 from me.
Sep 25, 2:45 PM
May 2010
So this new season covered the old 2 seasons?
Sep 25, 4:25 PM
Oct 2018
This was a wonderful arc, now we've gotten past the old material and squeezed in that skipped arc from 2008 anime. Next season will probably (maybe) be the arc covered at the end of season 2 from 08. Then it should be all new material and I absolutely CAN'T WAIT, the fans have waited so long and I really hope we can get full adaptation. I even started buying the light novels in case not. But I think we might get it with this.

10/10 Can't wait for second season!
Arcanius7Sep 25, 4:30 PM
Sep 25, 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
All hail medieval biscuits!

Solid conclusion for this arc although I would have preferred the gang to leave the village to their own devices. Oh well, at least the tavern lady, Iima, will be safe and sound this way.

Overall, I would say this ended up being a nice first season and a fairly decent remake as well. I still have my reservations regarding certain aspects such as animation, CGI usage and Holo's design (I'm sorry but I find her old design to be more appealing) but other than that, I think the studio did a considerably satisfactory job with this adaptation. The chemistry between Holo and Lawrence was portrayed perfectly and Kevin Penkin's godly OST did all the crucial scenes more than justice.

7/10 - Would still recommend giving the 2008 version a chance tho. Mainly because I think both OG and remake have their own merits.
Sep 25, 8:35 PM
Mar 2019
This remake is pretty underrated, but it has so many cerebral elements in it to balance out the emotional hooks. This last episode really solidifies what religion is like in this anime. Why can't all beleif systems exist to prove each other right? That is a beautiful premise that promotes acceptance, and inclusivity. I'm waiting eagerly for the next season.
Sep 25, 9:29 PM
Nov 2018
Cute. Loved the after credits.

Perfectly fine
Sep 26, 5:57 AM

Jun 2020
I'm still considering whether I will continue watch the sequel or not, but overall this one has enjoyable story and nice ending.

Sep 26, 10:15 AM

Feb 2011
oh my God that was mid from ep 1 to ep 25.

I dropped it twice but picked it back up only to be disappointed further

5/10, I don't get the hype at all.

Sep 26, 2:35 PM
Sarcastic-Cunt

Mar 2014
Reply to Inexplicable
I don't really remember the original but I'm pretty sure it ended completely differently, I'm confused. Did they adapt a different part of the story or something? I feel like after the dispute with Amati was resolved, the show strayed from the original or is my memory playing tricks on me...
@Inexplicable The original anime skipped volume 4 and went to volume 5, which is a reason why the original anime was never able to continue cause by skipping volume 4 they omitted Elsa from the story who appears again later on in the LN. This remake adapted volume 4, which where Season 1 ends. So in S2 we will see completely unseen material after the first arc.
Sep 27, 12:16 AM

Jul 2020
Reply to AnimeHolicTops
@Inexplicable The original anime skipped volume 4 and went to volume 5, which is a reason why the original anime was never able to continue cause by skipping volume 4 they omitted Elsa from the story who appears again later on in the LN. This remake adapted volume 4, which where Season 1 ends. So in S2 we will see completely unseen material after the first arc.
@AnimeHolicTops yeah thank you, someone already explained it to me. now I'm excited to see the continuation of the story :3
Sep 27, 5:36 AM

Aug 2022
In the original anime, in the last episode they kissed each other right? they changed it in remake? bruh
Sep 27, 11:53 AM
Feb 2024
Awesome wholesome anime💖💖... Holo and Lawrence was too real they were damn cute...
Sep 28, 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't expect this to have second season (now confirmed) :O

The deal Lawrence made was only bad for him ;d He could easily demand 1% profit of the biscuits earnings as idea giver... that was ultra stupid of him not to do so..

I am happy that ending showed him to be still alive :) Previously I thought he is dead and years after his daughter and Holo living alone.

The story was nice to watch, but sometimes boring and I disliked the deals he made or how he made them was crazy sometimes. so 8/10
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 28, 9:36 AM

Oct 2016
The finale was pretty great! I’m just a little thrown off by the issue that was brewing for the past couple of episodes being resolved so quickly, but I enjoyed seeing how it was resolved. Especially since we finally got to see what the church would consider to be a miracle. I also liked the post credit scene demonstrating that Holo is telling this story to her child. (8.5/10)
Sep 29, 8:20 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to SHINOBI-03
If season 2 wasn't announced I'd call this a waste of time. A remake that barely changed anything and ended just as we reached the first arc they skipped the first time.

Thankfully this is no longer the case with the recent news.
SHINOBI-03 said:
If season 2 wasn't announced I'd call this a waste of time. A remake that barely changed anything and ended just as we reached the first arc they skipped the first time.

Thankfully this is no longer the case with the recent news.

You gotta have some hope for this shit fam, why did they bother remaking this and even making it 25 eps in a single season?
Dropping now would be only giving problems for everyone, they are set in adaptating everything of the OG LN, the very first scene of episode 1 hinted for this HARD.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 29

102 by s1k1b »»
Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12

83 by Raizel »»
Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15

72 by MarioSpeedwagon »»
Oct 14, 1:00 PM

» How does this compare to the original? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 10

55 by GreedyChip »»
Oct 9, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15

117 by Raizel »»
Oct 8, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.