Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 7:03 AM

Jun 2015
That was a pretty funny season.
A right balance of romcom and fanservice!

Ouka going for the late game kill, Hekiru was right afterall.

What's gonna happen next? I need more of this waifu war, and I just hope it ends in a Harem.
Sep 20, 8:36 AM
Sep 2024
Why hasn’t Hayato chosen a girl whom he wants to marry?
Sep 20, 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
I was expecting Ouka's kiss but I had forgotten about her sadistic side haha... I like it.

The image of Ouka with the thumbs up already got a laugh out of me but to see that it was Ami's doing was hilarious. Speaking of Ami, she almost got Fuukaed... that was mean xD.

Self-aware but still horny Shiragiku is great haha. I love how she tries to slip in the husband thing until the end xD.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting Ouka to leave. Now I'm curious how this plays out.

Man, I'm going to miss this series, it was by far the one that made me laugh the most this season. I had already liked the first season a lot but this one was even better. The addition of the other five girls was great and the harem romcom shenanigans were hilarious. Like in the first season, my best girls continue to be Akane and Shiragiku but I've definitely come to love all five of them and I'm going to miss them.

So... season 3, please?!
Sep 20, 1:19 PM

Jul 2024
Reply to Shogun77
Why hasn’t Hayato chosen a girl whom he wants to marry?
@Shogun77
To keep the tension going in both the manga and the anime.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Sep 20, 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
Akane can drink now and Shiragiku's still super horny when drunk despite being aware of it. Both get feely with Hayato, and Riho can't even get in.
wth show you made me think truck kun would get Ami there.
Before departing, Ouka gives Hayato some of her sadistic side and exercises her right to kiss.
You mean to tell me Ouka's part in the s1 ending animation was set in France? She's the first of the goddesses to live her dream.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 4:51 PM

Oct 2020
Oh. Well, um…I didn’t see that ending coming. I’m so used to series that fake us out, but Ouka really left the familia. I’ve begun reading the manga so I’m curious to see if Seo Kouji isn’t just taking the piss out of FUUKA’s truck-kun moment or if that’s anime only, so there’s that. Interesting choice to have appear.

Once again, huge, HUGE appreciation to be given to the writing and adaptation that allows both somber and humor to coexist in a way that works perfectly, allowing Ouka’s departure to have weight and the audience still being able to laugh and not cry their (READ: MY) eyes out.
Sep 20, 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, this felt so empty... No progress to the romance and no solid ending to each of the routes either... Just like watching Gotoubun no Hanayome. Now I am thinking they might as well make a movie or something and bring some actual closures to some if not all of the plots rather than having this boring, everyday charade run on and run forever... :/
Sep 20, 9:46 PM
Dec 2008
I dont have any family, so watching this made me happy. I know unrealistic, but this show allowed me to feel what it's like to have a family. 10/10 for me.

This is manga chapter 89 if anyone wants to continue.
Sep 21, 12:14 AM
Dec 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Not the drinks and the usual drill again lol. I think at this point it’d be better if Hayato just goes all out and does a full-blown orgy. Would save many lives xD And hey, ask those five girls in the neighbourhood too if they feel left out. Anyway, the series was hinting at some kind of Ouka development, and yeah, it did happen… she’ll be leaving for France. Yeah, it’s a Seo Kouji series after all. I’m with you LN girl. So yeah, one girl is leaving… and that is Ouka. Sideline the one with the least development.. master-stroke xD

Not gonna spoil anything but yeah this ain’t a game-changing twist in the series. Lol, at least she got a KISS as well. Anyway, I’ve said this last season as well, but this is one of the decent works from this author.. I mean from his standards. Though the manga is still ongoing and doesn’t seem to end anytime soon, so yeah, we’re not sure who would win. Though if history is anything to look at, we can guess to a certain extent who the girl would be… don’t want her tbh. Still not sure if this will get a third season but if it would, then yes please. Entertaining season as a whole.

P.S. OH NO, FUUKA?!?!?!?!?!?... sorry, wrong series.
That trolling was wild with Ami tho. Author is self-aware.

Who do you think he ends up with? I haven’t reas any of the manga, but I have a weird feeling he is going to end up with Ouka out of all of them for some reason, seeing how she is the most distant and now has left.
Sep 21, 10:20 AM

May 2024
With this adorable face, how can I refuse her

but overall the episode is great and It sad to me this season finished so I wish the next season announce fast as soon as possible
Sep 21, 11:39 AM

May 2021
Hold on did she just give a vibrator as a parting gift at 16:50? Best present for a girl alone if you ask me . Also that scene at 22:40 I gasped so hard, I choked because I know what the mangaka did with his previous manga(those know ... know what I am talking about). Also can't wait for a season 3 that will surely come!!!!!! 10/10

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 21, 1:48 PM

Jan 2021
It was nice, good selection of adapted chapters. 7/10. Although this season seemed animated by Passione (character design), had to check twice several times the main anime studio. And i didnt remember S1 to be as ecchi as this one.
But again, nice and enjoyable. Hope for a S3 but that finale...dont think we'll have it.
Sep 21, 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
Finally it's over. So glad they aren't doing a season 3
Sep 22, 10:06 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoy a lot this season its like the manga i swear they announce soond a season 3
Sep 22, 2:52 PM
Nov 2022
Well, it's over...

I really don't know what to feel about it, it hurts me that Ouka went to France, but that's exactly what she needs to achieve her dreams, on the other hand, Hayato stood firm until the end, but now that there are no problems in seeing if he stays with the cafe or goes to college, then what? The romance would be the main focus of the story, right?

Well, I'll have to read the manga haha, unless they give the green light to a third season, but knowing Tezuka Studios... I don't have much hope :,)
Sep 22, 6:28 PM
Dec 2013
I read these chapters in the manga and they edited something noticeable out of the story. I wonder why they'd do that.
Sep 23, 1:26 AM

Jun 2021
In hindsight there was some heavy foreshadowing about Ouka,especially because the departure actually happened without overused tropes where the leaving person actually stays at the end, and as a result... This is actually sad, more than i could imagine, even if this season final had so many remarkable moments. Not honestly thinking about a season 3 now because it already brought extreme bad luck for shows i liked even harder than this one.

Just. don't. let. Shiragiku. drink. Period. She is already dangerous alone, no need to add more drunk coworkers. And that nightmare sequence was scarier because of how it almost totally still seemed realistic. Ami being unable to accept Ouka's leaving was depressing, and no animal mask could hide it. And i laughed hard at Shiragiku's "when you return to Japan, i'll be waiting for you at Familia with my husband" instigating expected reactions from Akane and Riho.

Thank you, series, for avoiding serious twists with Ami, the truck and the letter. And especially, thank you for my totally favorite moment of the entire show... Ami in a karate gi playing cards with the other girls, because in her mind it will give her... some confidence boost? Amusing. Also, season 2 had a big selling point... i started watching this exactly because of her, but after season 1 she received some real character development so i can confirm her as best girl.
Sep 23, 10:47 AM
Jun 2019
Perfect ending. Need a new season right now!
Sep 24, 12:23 AM

May 2016
A whole lot of nothing happened this season and there were too many shimoneta which I'm not really a fan of. Still it was somewhat entertaining. I should probably stop watching these quintuple / bokuben like anime cuz the girl I'm rooting for always ends up on the losing side. At least there was no end in sight this season but no real development either which was kind of a let down. I wonder how the manga is faring? Will it end anytime soon?

Sep 24, 5:54 PM

Sep 2018
That truck scene legit scared me into thinking this would be a dark drama lol
Pretty wild way to end a season, but I look forward to a s3 if it happens! 9/10 overall, and the cast is great. My fav is the blue hair so far, but I do not mind which girl ends up with the mc. It is nice this comes from a manga so I can read it if it never gets another season. Finally, pretty nice ecchi this episode!
Sep 27, 10:05 PM

Jan 2014
Big improvement from the 1st ( and the first season was already stellar ) especially the comedy, so many times I was dying of laughter. Also Riho is STILL best girl

As a harem expert I must say, this is in my top 3 favorite of all time. Such a stellar harem anime that has an amazing cast of girls, but also a great MC. While I don't really mind that much with chicken MC's in most harem anime, I do appreciate that Hayato was more assertive. At the same thing they didn't go too overboard with his so called "chad status". There's cases where characters that are the extreme opposite of being a chicken, is just fucking obnoxious. He's a VERY good middle ground of being shy but also being confident. Need more MC'S that embody that type of vibe.

Some quick points

-We got kisses from every girl ( well except Ami lol, but it makes sense )
-Great art production
-Great directing
-Pretty good fanservice ( I won't say it's amazing, because that belongs to the harem anime of the late 2000s and early 2010s, as the concept of ecchi was much more welcome back then ) HOWEVER I can appreciate there was still an effort made to show something to the audience. Loved the ass shots of Akane throughout the show for instance
-Super catchy music
-An ACTUAL separation scene. I was deadass thinking that at the very last second that Ouka was gonna be something like "haha actually it turns out, xyz happened and I'm actually gonna stay here with you all " but no, they followed through and she's in France pursuing her dream.

I really can't think of any negatives to say about this anime. I mean I did say the fanservice could have been a lot better, but that's more of a industry problem now, rather than a studio problem. Hopefully one day we can go back to the glory days of ecchi, and people didn't fucking get upset over cartoon drawings.

But I digress, great fucking watch, and I'm hoping that we one day get a season 3

Sep 28, 10:13 PM

Feb 2021
I guess they rearranged some parts of the story to make the final have more impact, which is fine. That part with Ami almost caught me when reading the manga so I'm glad anime watchers get to experience it lol.

The ending scene really gives the impression there won't be a third season, or there will be but another studio will pick it up, which I hope they will considering it gets more interesting from here.

Animation and quality are rough some times, but good adaptation.

A solid 7/10 for me.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 30, 1:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ouka leaving for France, well she can come to my home if she wants... anyway she used her free kiss on Hayato of course and that sweet, sad that she's leaving though. Imagine if the show ended right before we saw what happened with the truck.
Good season overall just like the previous one.
Sep 30, 7:27 AM

Nov 2022
Sad to see Ouka go, but everyone goes their way in life. Hopefully they'll get to meet often, family is important :)

Lovely show
Sep 30, 12:41 PM
Jul 2024
Divertido mas espero que o final o prota escolha 1 das garotas
Oct 3, 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
Good season with a crap ton of wacky and Ecchi moments, and a better than average male mc. I’m glad that the first girl to leave was Ouka as she’s my least favourite. Any of the 3 girls that liked him originally are the ones I’d prefer he chooses. Hope to see another season

Oct 5, 6:34 AM

Jul 2023
It's a good sign that Ouka may win down the road. The previous signs were Ami winning. ugh

Anyway, it's a better season than season 1.
Oct 14, 8:21 AM

Jan 2017
Like they always say "If you truly love them, you must let them go", doesn't make the seperation any less painful though. Good luck to Ouka and her fashion designer dreams.

Great finale to a great season of the Familia hijinks, it was even better than the first season with the rival cafe turning out to be great neighbours + family development for each of the heroines
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12

48 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18

43 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

60 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 9, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 8, 4:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.