Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 22, 2:34 PM

Aug 2019
What an incredible episode! We finally got to witness Shoto’s new move and the animators did not hold back at all.
Jun 22, 3:02 PM

Nov 2017
Stories between brothers are often great and Boku no Hero Academia is no exception!
Jun 22, 3:12 PM

May 2008
Reply to Skydis
@Nerdason Poor Mr. Sunshine, was cheerful right until the end
@Skydis I think his face was stuck that way... but I dig the Pokemon reference ;D This episode was, how should I put it - Half Baked? It was good to go a little further into Dabi's past, although from a different season they showed his Father's perspective of screaming for his son whereas here he and his voice are nowhere to be seen. I also find it a bit comical the entire body of water being a few steps away but he waited to burn up so long before falling in XD I love Boku no Hero but people who point out the flaws and those that defend them vehemently is a shame. I'm sure we all expected some backstory but more so an epic fight. There was no fight, tbh. I'd rather of had another Dabi dancing monologue then him using his fire to burn himself out and Shoto having his own flashback to show his counter to Dabi, then using it to end it. Even in the preview they say "Now that Dabi's been dealt with" meaning we shouldn't expect him to get back up and put on a show. Many shounen have done things so much better : / Here's hoping Deku can liven up the show and Endeavor/Hawks stalling w/ All for One whilst awaiting One for All ~
Sylenced1Jun 22, 3:16 PM
Jun 22, 3:16 PM

Apr 2020
Tooooo many flashbacks, honestly.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 22, 3:29 PM

Jun 2016
Man, I really hate being a contrarian given how much the community love the Todoroki family subplot, but good god this is the most convoluted, dragged out nonsense in the show.

For all intents and purposes Dabi is a rehashing of Shoto, and he is a convenient plot device to help Endeavor atone for his past. Rather than facing his family head on, he's given the convenient family oriented goal of stopping Dabi. His atonement would be much more meaningful if the entire family didn't have this cause to band together around, because it would require actual work from Endeavor.

Regardless, this highlights a problem with MHA, the expansive cast cuts away from the development of the two most important characters in the show: Deku and All Might. Deku and All Might are the same characters at the end of the show that they are at the beginning, and that doesn't make for compelling story telling. I suppose that's the problem with making two bona fide supermen with literally perfect ideals. But I guess Horikoshi needed to give the others something to do, so yay to Dabi I guess.

As far as animation, directing, and sound design goes this was top tier, but good grief I'm excited to see this come to an end.
Jun 22, 5:52 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I remember this fight in the manga like it was yesterday. Bones did a great job animating it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 22, 6:11 PM

Oct 2016
I enjoyed seeing the rest of Toya’s backstory. However, all of the flashbacks and narrations were kinda boring. Almost put me to sleep. It was still a good episode though. (8/10)
Jun 22, 6:21 PM
Dec 2015
Reply to Sylenced1
@Skydis I think his face was stuck that way... but I dig the Pokemon reference ;D This episode was, how should I put it - Half Baked? It was good to go a little further into Dabi's past, although from a different season they showed his Father's perspective of screaming for his son whereas here he and his voice are nowhere to be seen. I also find it a bit comical the entire body of water being a few steps away but he waited to burn up so long before falling in XD I love Boku no Hero but people who point out the flaws and those that defend them vehemently is a shame. I'm sure we all expected some backstory but more so an epic fight. There was no fight, tbh. I'd rather of had another Dabi dancing monologue then him using his fire to burn himself out and Shoto having his own flashback to show his counter to Dabi, then using it to end it. Even in the preview they say "Now that Dabi's been dealt with" meaning we shouldn't expect him to get back up and put on a show. Many shounen have done things so much better : / Here's hoping Deku can liven up the show and Endeavor/Hawks stalling w/ All for One whilst awaiting One for All ~
@Sylenced1 The fight itself was definitely short but sweet. I enjoyed the bit of action we got. It's the constant flash backs that killed it for me
Jun 22, 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
Is that it? That was such an underwhelming fight. Fantastic music during it, though. I didn't necessarily mind most of the flashbacks, especially more details on the toll his powers take on his body. Although having the Doctor show up to spill his guts to someone was an awkward way to go about the exposition. For a character who's been around for so long and is family of two of the more powerful characters I was expecting more of a battle and sendoff.
TeufelJun 22, 7:20 PM
Jun 22, 7:18 PM
Jul 2020
Long awaited battle and backstory
Jun 22, 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
I honestly do not know how to feel about Dabi. He has always been the most 'evil" member of the LoV outside of minor characters like Moonfish or All For One. I do like his backstory and how it relates to the greater issues with Hero Society, and specifically his father Endeavour, but he has no good qualities left like Toga or Shigaraki. While those like Toga and Spinner have interests in creating a new world where they can exist happily because of their perceived and yet very real rejections from modern hero society...Dabi is literally just mad at his father.

While yes, Dabi was abused, his overall goal is not in creating a better world, he does not give a shit about the other members of the LoV (He does not even mourn Twice outside of Twice being useful to him). He just wants to kill people and get back at his dad. It is sad but I also find him the most reprehensible villain here.
Jun 22, 9:10 PM
Jun 2019
Great episode, loved how it explored Toya and Shoto's backstory in addition to the visuals
Jun 22, 10:04 PM
Dec 2022
The Todoraki siblings fight reaches its peak. Cold flame versus blue flame. Shoto and Toya's own way of redemption in this showdown.
Jun 22, 10:07 PM
Mar 2015
Shoto is able to fight against Dabi by accepting who he is
Jun 22, 10:49 PM
Aug 2022
Shoto Todoroki: Origin is my all time favorite mha episode from Season 2, and today's episode in Season 7 had a similar vibe, calling back to it many times. To see how far he's come in comparison makes me so emotional!! It really reminded me of why I love mha so much.
Jun 22, 11:01 PM
Dec 2022
1% fight, 99% backstory

bro literally did 2 attacks, and the other heroes threw zero. I was expecting a lot more battle. Disappointed
Jun 22, 11:24 PM
Jan 2023
This episode... damn.
Jun 22, 11:39 PM
Nov 2016
The episode was pretty nice, I don't really care about Dabi but I do like the Todoroki's family drama, it's one of the best things this franchise has to offer IMHO.

I will say though, when the crazy doctor was speaking he was referring to AFO as Demon Lord a couple of times, I mean, demon lord? really? how cringe can you get with that shit? I expect an 8-year-old to come up with that type of bullshit name but not an intelligent crazy doctor like you.
Jun 22, 11:51 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to Softhenic03
The family drama which seems to be going on for ages with no conclusion in near sight might try to convince you, it’d be over for good this time around, but no, IT WILL NOT. Dabi flashbacks, Endeavour being an abusive parent, tears coming out of eyes, “I’ll avenge my abuse”... yeah the same stock template. Not sure what these people are even expecting out of us at this point, but this sappy backstory just ain’t it.

Also, dude literally visited his own house and paid respects to mourn his own death… that’s hilarious to say the least. Dabi did look cool with his new look, and when he wrecked Todoroki, but that’s just it. Bones could’ve put a bit more effort to make that fight look good enough… visually, but that’s a norm here too. Animation nosedives the more you go further, so yeah. Anyway, Dabi thing is done for the time being.
@Softhenic03 Yeah to be honest I'm so exhausted at this point I really just didnt give a shit. I don't need a sob story from world ending assholes, just kill them and move on.
Jun 23, 12:02 AM

Jan 2019
Dabi - "I went home and saw that my dad was still abusive so I decided to kill the people he was abusing."
Jun 23, 1:14 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to CBeast25
Dabi - "I went home and saw that my dad was still abusive so I decided to kill the people he was abusing."
@CBeast25 LOL. He should have just killed his dad and be a good older brother.
Jun 23, 1:17 AM
Jul 2021
I actually really liked this ep. There were a lot of flashbacks though, not sure if that was the case in the manga. I would have to go back and read these chaps. Either way, the OST and VA’s killed it.
Jun 23, 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
That was so disappointing.
Jun 23, 4:21 AM
Dec 2022
In my opinion episode 8 is the best MHA episode sp far
Jun 23, 4:56 AM

May 2015
I cant belive Dabi was so...weak?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 23, 4:59 AM
Nov 2021
Best my hero academia for now
Jun 23, 5:07 AM
Aug 2020
good animation and a wrap up to some really nice character development
Jun 23, 5:48 AM
Jun 2019
I watched it for the fight. Nothing else.
Jun 23, 5:57 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
damn, great ep dude
🩡🩡
Jun 23, 8:00 AM

Sep 2014
- nobody cares 1
- bla bla bla...
- bla bla...
- nobody cares 2
- bla bla bla bla bla...
- pew pew...
- bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...
- nobody cares 3
- bla bla...
- (new out of nowhere nonsense busted non developed technique)
- pew pew pew pew...

The end.

REPEAT...
Jun 23, 12:20 PM
Oct 2019
How do you mess up this episode man?! You have such a great character like Dabi and yet you can't make a great episode. Truly disappointing and underwhelming.
Jun 23, 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to HassamZz
MyllerPhiem said:
@ScottyNuked Like 5 or so, yes. sigh

Can't wait for another Shigaraki- and Toga-flashback. Also we'll probably spend 1-2 episodes on finding out how All for One is actually a tragic, nice person, too. /s

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
never seen a villain dead in this anime
@HassamZz
pretty sure Hawks killed that copy guy (twice) ... i remember he had to do a public apology cause people were mad that a hero killed a villain, even tho villains can kill all they want LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 23, 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Something about this episode was really good, but definitely not the 2 second fight with way too many flashbacks. Really I expected more from Dabi, this was a waste.

Weird episode, the fight was terrible but I dont dislike the rest at all.
Comander-07Jun 23, 1:38 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 23, 2:58 PM
Nov 2016
While I did like the episode, I understand the complaints from the people here, and for a character like Dabi who was getting a lot of buildup he sure ended up being weak, Dabi needed at least 2 episodes, 1 episode with flashbacks and another episode with pure action, it was like this in the manga too but in the manga the payoff was better, something was lacking in the anime.

That being said...

Jun 23, 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
More padding then a teenage girl's bra
Jun 23, 5:20 PM
Jun 2024
That sure is one crispy guy
Jun 23, 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
Boring episode with annoying flashbacks. 20 minutes of them talking and 3 minutes of them fighting.
2/5
Jun 23, 8:43 PM

Nov 2009
That was an interesting flashback.

That Sun dude...

Also... I take it that everyone in that "school" died?

So... Dabi is basically a father-con, but in a sort of extreme way...

Hmm... Cold Flame...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 23, 11:56 PM
Oct 2019
BONES is Cooking again!!
EPIC Brothers Showdown!!

The emotions, the voice acting, and the OST was done so well πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

It's so fascinating how some people still hate this episode. lol
davidyodo24Jun 24, 12:00 AM
Jun 24, 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
amazing fight between the 2 todoroki brothers
Jun 25, 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
Lots of talking but I'll forgive this time because they were clearly saving the budget for the fight which was short but sweet.

Ok since I've caught up and I'm gonna let this finish before I binge because I do not see myself watching this from week to week.
Jun 26, 2:00 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
Shouto and his new technique, Glaciar, frozen all!!!!
kekeke
Jun 26, 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
Dabi literally too angry to die.

This episode had flashbacks within flashbacks. Flashback-ception.
Great OST and voice acting tho.
Jun 26, 10:09 PM
Jan 2023
Omg that fight was p "fire"πŸ”₯
Jun 28, 5:54 AM
Aug 2020
WOOOOOW ToT. The animations in this episode are incredible.
Jun 28, 6:13 AM
Mar 2021
I love Touya so much, I wish him and his brother could get along
Jun 30, 1:12 PM
May 2017
I miss the quality of the fights in the first and second seasons. It's incredible how they managed to make the anime so bad. Fights that should go down in history become petty, low-level fights.
Jun 30, 6:49 PM

May 2018
The fight was AMAZING !
 Pin en Wallpapers Blue Lock Anime GIF - Blue Lock Anime - Discover &amp; Share GIFs
Jul 1, 8:41 PM
Oct 2021
Insanely emotional episode. I love the way they drew the characters so well, especially Dabi. Not to mention the voice acting was insanely well done. (The Japanese dub at least, I did not listen to the English dub yet.)
Jul 6, 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Shouto has certainly come a long way. He's one of the most powerful heroes in the world at this point.

It appears that Dabi has been defeated. Shouto did what he had to. Is Dabi dead, though?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

129 by Fatephile »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

153 by Undeadgirl »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

82 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

86 by Undeadgirl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

119 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.