Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
He's ugly and old. Reno should be the main MC, he's hot.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 19, 4:56 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to von2001
LuffyBR said:
read the manga and compare it to the animation quality. the soundtrack isn't good either

Soundtrack is good, but ur entitled to ur own stupidity
@von2001 A soundtrack is horrible, without feeling passes. As parts that should have a good soundtrack that passes a good sensation, it is almost a board. But okay, you are not a mission of having critical sense and thinking racially
May 20, 12:04 AM
Oct 2019
The mc is horrible he’s annoying and he acts like a lil brat idk why you excluded him from that and so man shonen mcs are average at first either you haven’t watched enough anime or you’re just slow
May 20, 12:39 AM

Nov 2012
this does seem to have become a scapegoat series people love to hate on for any reason or other, which as fan of the manga enjoying the anime, sucks to see.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 20, 3:28 AM

May 2021
Don't want to jump to conclusions before finishing the show, but a guy in his mid 30s acting like a teenager with all these screaming doesn't make him too likeable to me. The comedy is just too low effort so far. Screaming and exgerrated speeches isn't good comedy.
May 20, 4:03 AM
Jun 2023
Kimurah said:
FruitPunchBaka said:
he's not like those annoying lil brats with unrealistic mottos 24/7.

Are you sure about this? You don't think even a bit that Kafka trying to become a special task force after several times failing the test and also having the disability of being a Kaiju and having to do tumbles and cartwheels to hide this secret is a bit unrealistic?

FruitPunchBaka said:
yet, some still lean towards hating on him. for what??? just because he's an average, run-of-the-mill guy? just because he does things in a more realistic way? just because he's a middle-aged guy who's insecure all the time? just because he's not constantly horny and annoying like the most shonen mcs are?

Nope, we dislike him because he's a reskin of a loud obnoxious shonen teen protagonist that can only speak and react in one way. LOUD.

Also, reading that you claim he does things in a more realistic way (killing a kaiju with one punch and peeing from his nipples among many other stupid things) is supposed to be rEaLiStIc, gave me a good laugh.

I'm not an old time battle shonen fan, but aside from Denji from Chainsaw-man, I don't remember other battle shonen protags that was constantly horny, so I'll slap this statement of yours as a fallacy.

Now there is a hater in this thread, we like to see them exposed 👀
May 20, 4:26 AM
Jun 2023
LuffyBR said:
read the manga and compare it to the animation quality. the soundtrack isn't good either

Classic low IQ yapper, dont go a compare the manga with the anime, things can have different styles on something that they may did not know how to handle, animation is animation, drawing is drawing, and to be sure before i spouted at you i checked the all the manga panels from these episodes, and it was not any different..
May 20, 5:26 AM
Mar 2022
if you hate this show then please shut up. Criticism is okay but simply hating is stupid.
May 20, 9:32 AM

Dec 2016
Reply to Snaita
@Kimurah He was clearly talking about being realistic when he is not using the Kaiju form...
@Snaita

Care to give an example, rather than being vague.

May 20, 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
I don't hate him, but I find it irritating that every serious moment of the show seems to be brushed off with comedy, I expect a guy who just had an alien bug thing go into his mouth and turn him into a monster to take things more seriously.
DiabloMaskMay 20, 4:17 PM
May 20, 4:17 PM
Apr 2023
being 30 doesn't make an mc special he's literally just like any other mc ,really not that unique , now I don't hate him i think that's a strong word but I don't really like his character either
May 20, 5:50 PM
Oct 2019
acidbart said:
Kimurah said:

Are you sure about this? You don't think even a bit that Kafka trying to become a special task force after several times failing the test and also having the disability of being a Kaiju and having to do tumbles and cartwheels to hide this secret is a bit unrealistic?

Nope, we dislike him because he's a reskin of a loud obnoxious shonen teen protagonist that can only speak and react in one way. LOUD.

Also, reading that you claim he does things in a more realistic way (killing a kaiju with one punch and peeing from his nipples among many other stupid things) is supposed to be rEaLiStIc, gave me a good laugh.

I'm not an old time battle shonen fan, but aside from Denji from Chainsaw-man, I don't remember other battle shonen protags that was constantly horny, so I'll slap this statement of yours as a fallacy.

I couldn’t agree more ☝️.. This is pretty simple stuff. Kafka is a tool.. he does NOTHING well and even after we get a serious piece of dialogue from him in the next instance he’s a complete moron. It’s not cute, it’s not funny, it’s simply sad.. the one thing he has going for him that makes him the slightest bit cool he can’t even use.. where the show goes wrong is by giving us the premise that he’s been suffering this whole time. Treated unfairly. Never was given his shot when the truth is he NEVER deserved one in the first place. He’s a completely average guy and honestly he BARELY makes it to that level. The reason those of us who “hate” him do so is because this character acts like a preteen. In his situation, age, and backstory we don’t want a preteen. We want a halfway serious guy who’s determined to show everyone he’s belonged there from the beginning. What we got was a 32 year old clown with an IQ of 68. Hell, the one thing he IS good at (knowing the weak point of monsters) he couldnt even squeeze that in this week. At first I couldn’t understand why Mina didn’t want anything to do with him. Well now it couldn’t be more obvious lol. Sure he’s fun to go have a beer with. Maybe listen to a joke or two but he’s not someone a woman would be even remotely attracted to and other than intestine duty everything else in his life is far below standards. I’d rather the story be him being chased by the defense force while he secretly takes out Kaiju and just be done with this facade. He’d be kicked off anyway! So yeah.. this is why he’s not liked. He sucks in every way lol 😂

Literally I don’t know why this is hard to understand
May 20, 7:08 PM

Apr 2023
I think it’s just the internet, I like this anime so far
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
May 22, 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
Quite frankly its cringe, I am still in my 20s but I get second hand embarrassment from this guy, he acts like a 70 year old and a whiny teenager at the same time.

The entire premise of the show is such old and repurposed idea, MC is a weak nobody, one day he gets super powers and suddenly he is number one out of nowhere.
At least Naruto had to work his way up, and he had to work pretty darn hard for it too.

This is literally just isekai level writing, how cool would it be if he actually had to work his way up to the top? Instead of rightfully being made fun of, he proves everyone wrong little by little through effort and just being more mature.

But no, this is peak writing these days it seems.
Only sports anime get to have actually good writing of people working their way up, like I dunno, like how it works in real life with a bucket of luck.
There like no relation building between the characters and the viewer either because everything is so rushed so we are not getting any time to get to know him, we only get to see his weak sides, its difficult to even relate to him because there is nothing to relate to, its all just a timelapse like this entire training arc is a joke. Its mostly gags and him trying to hide his powers, not much else.

I understand a lot of young people enjoy this show, that is good, I am just explaining why so many people hate him, because he is an unrealistic character.
And no, realism in TV does not mean it had to be a documentary, it just means people should act how we expect them to act, how many 30 year olds have anyone here met that still acts like they are 14 but have the energy level of a 70 year old?
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
May 22, 9:21 AM
Sep 2023
watching the anime made me want to read the manga. and after reading it (100+ chapters in) i can say the anime is pretty good the ending slaps too so I'm a little surprised you say some hate it :/
May 25, 8:10 AM
Aug 2017
I think the fact that the MC is older than usual shounens is getting to much of your head, in my opinion, a 32 years old character saying that he wants to be at the side of his wanna be girlfriend its a huge mistake.

if Kaijuu 8 was about him working as an cleanner and dealing with the life of frustrated person would be way more interesting, than just him getting Parasyted and All MIghted lol

But i'm dropping Kaijuu 8 right now, because of the simple fact that My Hero Academy saturated the whole "Society has an famous elite squad of humans being to combat threats". Its a shame because i liked the design of the Kaijuu, but i already can see where this is going and honestly im not ready to watch a My Kaijuu Academy over again
May 25, 12:36 PM
Mar 2020
It's mostly a group of people who don't know how to express themselves maturely regarding things they dislike. Instead, they behave like children and insult anyone who may happen to like what they dislike. That's the Internet for you.
May 25, 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
MRD_Crowe said:
It's mostly a group of people who DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES MATURELY REGARDING THINGS THEY DISLIKE

MRD_Crowe said:
Instead, THEY BEHAVE LIKE CHILDREN and insult anyone who may happen to like what they dislike.

Bender B Rodriguez: Now that is IRONY.
May 26, 12:56 PM
Mar 2020
Kimurah said:
MRD_Crowe said:
It's mostly a group of people who DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES MATURELY REGARDING THINGS THEY DISLIKE

MRD_Crowe said:
Instead, THEY BEHAVE LIKE CHILDREN and insult anyone who may happen to like what they dislike.

Bender B Rodriguez: Now that is IRONY.

I stand by my point. There's a difference between having a debate and straight up insulting people's intelligence simply because they have differing opinions on how a fictional character is portrayed.

It's pathetic.
May 31, 9:36 PM
Oct 2019
8.25 rating

What hate?
Jun 2, 5:24 AM
Dec 2023
I dont care about the mc look a like, but dont treated the mc like unfairly, he look like just doing dumb stuff and try hard to make it like comedic. And only like bunch show off scene from side char,like wtf. But lets see in the next how its going
Aug 11, 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
haters are gonna hate anything, cuz they get pleasure by it. ignore them
Aug 12, 5:30 AM
Oct 2018
I don't know what hate you're talking about, but... it's kind of ridiculous that the motivation of the MC and his childhood friend is "I lost my console" and "kaiju killed my cat". In a world like this there sure are people who lost their entire family to those monsters, who suffered and experienced despair... and yet we should expect to empathize with their motivation and acknowledge that it's enough to carry them all the way to the top, lmao. What else is MC's motivation? Being acknoweldged by his childhood friend? And we also should believe that they didn't manage to date each other or anything, just staying virgins all this time? He didn't find a gf even if he's already in his thirties, chasing this girl to whom he doesn't even talk because he's too ashamed to fail at his vengeance for his console? Lol, wtf. So it's understandable that some people would hate the characters, their motivations are just plain stupid. The author was too afraid to actually give them tragic backstories like in AOT, so we have two 30 y.o. virgins (though to be honest, it's realistic for Japan, virgins are too common there) who act like teenagers that want to kill kaijus for tripe reasons, we have a typical tsundere pseudo-loli oujo-sama who wants to protect humanity to win her daddy's affection, and we have everyone else who's as flat as they can be. And we also have the entire humanity and higher ups who aren't ready to become allies with a guy who can turn into kaiju and make their lives so much easier.

If you start thinking about it, the story is already incoherent, but it's still a fun show to be honest, thanks to its art, animation and interesting concept. But neither it, nor characters, live up to the greatness of the original idea.
MyOwnGodAug 12, 7:23 AM
Aug 14, 3:43 AM
May 2024
It has a 8.33 score what are you talking about?
Sep 26, 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
yeah, it's a gr8 and unique show. but haters are sadly everywhere
Oct 3, 3:02 PM

May 2009
Because it's boring and cliché filled. There would be no difference if MC was teenager. Manga only gets worse.
Oct 6, 4:48 AM

Sep 2024
What kind of shounen did you watch? I can name several without typical shounen protagonists, op.

I also don't think Kafka is any different than the typical ones. I love fun characters and all, also fun adult characters of course, but he seems bit too simplistic for a grown man in his way of thinking so far. Maybe I didn't come far enough tho. He kinda is a generic protagonist and if the characters were teenagers, the writing would be the same.

My issue with this series so far is that the adult cast doesn't feel like an adult cast to me and also the female cast is really underwhelming. I've seen the comparisons to AOT, but that's not it. It's not that bad, but I felt the same with Demon Slayer etc... good premise, but disappointing.
LittleOwlbearOct 6, 5:05 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

277 by MrBeals »»
Oct 7, 6:53 AM

» The combat suits

raitai9891 - Jun 13

12 by bastek66 »»
Oct 3, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

228 by higherthanhigh »»
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.