Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2022 9:45 PM
Jun 2013
This Love Live season was super disappointing. It had to live up to Superstar S1 and Nijigasaki S2 and it failed to do both. I feel like the new characters were added just for the sake of it and for the 9 members trope, and probably to make more merch too. The only one I actually liked was Shiki and they just dropped her whole science thing after she joined. The songs were very forgettable compared to S1 (they still haven't matched Tiny Stars) and the plot wasn't very interesting. They toned way back on the silly ridiculous humor that make S1 so good. Hopefully season 3 improves things but at this point I'd much rather have a Nijigasaki season 3.
Oct 11, 2022 12:44 AM
Nov 2017
I spent a bit of time compiling all my thoughts from this season. I don't have any special insights into demographics numbers for the series or anything, but this is kind of how things have started to make sense for me. Apologies for the length.

As season two of Superstar wrapped up, I've kind of had a revelation about where Love Live Superstar stands as a series among the rest of the Love Live entries. There has always been two main groups of fans with Love Live. You have your older male otaku fans, of course. Your 25-35 year old super fans who stan their favorite idols. But, on the other side, there's this whole generation of young girls who have latched onto this whole thing and helped propel the franchise out of the late night anime blocks and firmly into the mainstream. The challenge then becomes how do you balance the interests of these two groups who are looking for different things out of their favorite shows? Sunshine rode this line, never straying too far in either direction, but now things are different.

I think it was Nijigasaki that changed the direction of Love Live, and Superstar specifically. Nijigasaki is adapting the Love Live gacha game, which largely caters more towards the older male otaku portion of the fandom just by its very nature. Middle school girls by and large just don't have disposable income to throw at a gacha game. As a result, the game they are adapting has already set the groundwork as catering more towards the more adult audience. So, when Nijigasaki was set to be adapted as a sort of spinoff of the main series, I think it allowed the studio and their production committee to finally solve this problem they've been grappling with. Nijigasaki exists for the otaku audience, and can lean more into fan service (I don't mean ecchi stuff, I mean just more catering to what the fans want), leaning into ships, winking and nodding along with the references, etc... While Superstar could fill the role for the mainstream audience and can safely decide to go full wholesome, targeting that younger demographic. This way, each portion of the audience can get exactly what they want.

With that revelation, and some of the changes in season 2, I was sort of able to see Superstar in a new light. I'm kind of done griping that it's missing something, I get now what they are trying to do. Instead, I'm appreciating the show from a new angle. That is helped, of course, by the addition of our new cast members. Superstar just couldn't avoid the 9 person group that Love Live is known for, and we find 4 new first years who join the group soon enough. With their additions (some more rocky than others), this thing finally feels like a proper cast and show. I still don't have a massive favorite (Shiki may be the most fun though), like I found with the other series, but things feel more right now.

However, this feels like two steps forward, one step back with Superstar. Season 2 is trying to simply do too much. We don't have time to focus on the competition, or Liella's new edgelord rival, who is criminally under developed. We barely have enough time to introduce the new members and get the group cohesive enough to perform, before the end of the season arrives. It's certainly different to approach the series like this, but it stretches the character introductions across two seasons now instead of one. While Sunshine and OG Love Live were humming as their full nine person groups by the end of season 1, now we have the entire first half of season two dedicated to more character intros. As a result, the competition aspect gets swept well under the rug (we barely see anything related to competitions). It simply doesn't feel like winning or losing matters at all. There's an attempt at some last minute drama with some character(s) maybe leaving the group, but the last twenty seconds of the season seems to undercut all narrative drama we've been working to build.

As a result, Superstar feels half baked. Maybe that's why they were so quick to assure the fans that a season 3 is in the works. If this was it, as most of us would expect given every other Love Live series has only ever been 24 episodes, then this would have been one of the most broken and failed endings I've ever seen. Even if another season is coming, there is no excuse for how rushed and terribly executed things are here. It still doesn't bring down the entire experience, but it is never good to leave your viewers with a bad taste in their mouths after finishing everything.

So, where does that leave us then? We have a third season coming for Superstar, and though it isn't announced yet, I would not be surprised at all to learn that a third season of Nijigasaki is in the works. As I understand it, the gacha game still has plenty of story left to adapt, and given the synergistic nature of these two shows, I would expect it to fall in line beside Superstar for as long as this series runs. At least, that's what I tell myself, as I firmly know now which show is aimed at me as a consumer. A season 3 for Superstar is all well and good, but given the undermining of its own characters at the end of season 2, I'm not anxiously awaiting what little resolution there might be to the very disappointing cliffhanger. Nijigasaki season 3 though? Please god, let that happen.
Oct 11, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
Whao, that was the worst Love Live Final performance I've seen, clothes were cute tho.
The end was hilarious but unnecessary, still I'm kinda glad since Kanon has nothing that awesome to deserve an invitation to study abroad.
In the end its a shame, it went from a 7 to 2.

My Candies:

Oct 11, 2022 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
How the turntables

Oct 11, 2022 5:03 AM

Oct 2010
Totally biased opinion.
There can be mediocre idol show with good songs.
But there can never be a good idol show with mediocre songs. And when semi-final song is better then final one… it just does not feel right.

Another thing is when 'worldwide renown music school' wants your voice then it should be real deal. Not 'story convenience' level (e.g. Kisaragi Chihaya was real)
But who cares now, real or not — deal was flushed into trash bin.
Oct 11, 2022 6:25 AM

Nov 2017
Congratulations Liella! ❤️​ On the other hand, this CRAZY cliffhanger!
Oct 11, 2022 8:11 AM
Mar 2018
I'm disappointed that the end was very underwhelming. Since I saw the Season 3 announcement before this, then while I was watching the first part of the episode, I was thinking next season will heat up and would have them preparing for the ultimate anticipated Love Live showdown before Kanon has to depart but actually no. We just fast forward to their Love Live performance and they just win automatically then psyche, abroad transfer cancelled. What makes it more disappointing is how fantastic and such a joy this season was all they way through until the last couple episodes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad nor do I hate the show now, I just want to get my thoughts out and also wonder what the heck they're trying to do with this story, much like the first season. I really enjoyed the new cast, they had quite good character progression as the story went on. Chi-chan and Mei are my faves.
Oct 11, 2022 3:27 PM

May 2018
The best way to resolve the study abroad drama is to just retcon it at the end xD

Anyways what happened to Liella's competitors at the nationals? We don't even know who Liella beat the shit out of that day xD. Liella's final song was pretty awful as well

I would have given 7/10 if it ended well or acted as a nice bridge to season 3, but now I would rate no higher than a 5/10. At least the drama wasn't as stupid as OG LL s1, I guess
ByniavoOct 11, 2022 3:36 PM
Oct 11, 2022 3:39 PM

Nov 2021
This season wasn't as charming for me as season 1 which I really loved. It was still pretty good, but the ending felt super rushed. I was iffy about the new members but overall they were likeable but I would have preferred for them to stay as 5 so we could get more development. Hopefully season 3 is even better!
Oct 11, 2022 5:27 PM

Feb 2017
okaaaaayyy then,,

why does it feel like almost every show i've watched in the past week is competing for a speedrun world record with how much content can be crammed into one episode? this LL season i felt like 2 or 3 episodes especially were really trying to cram in the content. some episodes were really good but some i have just felt like they are going too fast. like this episode i barely even had time to react to anything. liella won? okay cool but kanon is leaving like SOON. wait no she's NOT, but wait margarete is enrolling in yuigaoka? but the study abroadwas cancelled now wai--

i was surprised to hear there's gonna be a third season. hopefully there's more breathing room and they aren't trying to accomplish 40 things in 1 episode. i figured margarete was gonna be enrolling in the school; also, the study abroad being cancelled didn't realllly shock me. i think that whole plotline was really silly so honestly i hope it's just dropped

placeholder text
Oct 11, 2022 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Super prestigious school: Kanon, you've proven yourself. please come to our school.
Kanon: I'd rather stay with my friends, because friendship is mag-
Chisato: You should go!
Kanon: Super prestigious school, here I come!
Super prestigious school: the letter of invitation we sent last episode was a mistake, sorry~ (ρω< )⌒☆
Kanon: wait, what -
- the end -
rushed / 10
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 11, 2022 6:36 PM

Apr 2015
Okay so yes. All honesty... the way they won LL was very underwhelming. I was almost expecting it would announce they didn’t, like the first two did. Almost there but lost, almost reaching it but it was still that far. I was like “oh that’s it they won. The goal. Done. Just like that.” The Kanon Vienna thing, yes it felt like it was forced for that drama. BUT I honestly think they could’ve pulled this off, Sunny Pas loosing, gaining members and new rival and the Kanon Vienna thing.

First off, I was pretty excited when they added new members since the 5 already bonded unlike with the 1st two LL where 1st to 3rd years pretty much just bonded in a year. For me it felt like they will even have a deeper bond, deeper connection since they formed all as 1st years, then with the addition of the freshmen. So chance for possible conflicts, like ‘we were fine the way we are’ kind of thing or ‘I feel jealousy towards that character coz I feel like this character I’m closely bonded with is getting farther away from me’ kinds of stuff (I think there’s more but I’ll just write these 2 common ones). Personally liked the Ren gamer dev, like she’s loosening up, she doesn’t have to do everything herself so she can have time for other hobbies.

I also think the Sunny Pas stepping down as their main rivals could’ve worked. I mean 1st season both groups already had contacts and bonded. This would be like a good twist if it was done right. Like an ‘oh you think they’re the last boss?’ kind of thing. Coz sometimes in this uhh... kind of things, there’s always someone who will be better. But it would be a good thing, as this could make them re-think and re-assess[?] their skills and what they could do... well that kind of thing. Could’ve been a good twist introducing a new Rival but... it was also... well the flow was good at the start of her (Margaret) intro but also became underwhelming. The last 2 or 3 episodes felt like a good start of her as Intro to the group, bonding.. getting to know both groups... then ending as the rival supporting them, seeing the groups’ talent or whatever... but it felt like it ended abruptly. (There's season 3 tho so who knows, maybe it can be repaired?)

The Kanon Vienna thing... I feel like it could work as well, but yeah... part before the end was... not good. Not much struggle maybe? And yeah each new character’s intro was.. well, it started out just fine but then Natsumi’s intro also felt like, okay that’s it, she in.

Also the Keke returning to Shanghai... could’ve been done better. Solidifying the Keke x Sumire... well... thing. It felt recycled to be honest. Like I feel it needed more stuff from the group rather than just Sumire. Kanan x Mari thing had a better way of telling both character’s struggle, their ummm... love? for each other. (in whichever way, romantic or platonic, I’m good with both)

It had a pretty good first season, pretty good start at 2nd but.... kind of... well... some parts were like underwhelming. I could agree that Sunshine had the most struggle, therefore it was very satisfying when they finally won. The muse one... I mean they just started then so there weren’t much expectation or bar so I’ll leave it at that (Also haven’t seen it in a while, maybe I’ll try to marathon all LL series sometime)

So well... All in all... I do think Sunshine had more depth, in characters in their struggles. Superstars started out great, good depth on the first season, Character struggles and such... I was excited with the addition of new characters... but I guess 12 episodes can’t do it justice? Like most elements/parts COULD work...? it’s just sad it went on this direction. It had promises... potential but sadly didn’t deliver, imo. Now, Sunshine is at the top for me, and their ending is bittersweet.

(sorry for long read, also haven't opened MAL in a while just did for this <_<)

Oct 11, 2022 7:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
While it did feel pretty fast paced near the end once they did their Love Live performance, this was a fantastic final episode. They really had me thinking Kanon was leaving, which did upset me a bit because I already knew Season 3 was announced and I thought that maybe it would focus on Kanon in Vienna, but bless Margarete for stopping her on the way out, I was hoping something like that would happen and it was like my wish was granted lol, Margarete went from the villain to my saving grace. Their Love Live performance was excellent as well, I think there have been better ones in the season but it was still very fitting for the finale, and they actually won as well, love to see it. I will say I do agree with some folks here that this ending felt rushed, I think if Kanon wasn’t going to Vienna they should have never pushed that plot in the first place and focused more on the Love Live competition itself, and having Margarete show up at the end still would have been surprising. All that being said tho, I definitely still enjoyed this finale and it didn’t hurt the show for me.

Season 2 of Superstar was fantastic much like the first season, while I do slightly prefer the first season I still loved this one, all the new girls were great and didn’t upset the balance of the original group, Mei was my favorite of them for sure, and her relationship with Shiki was really sweet. And all of the songs and performance were amazing once again, I saw some folks saying they weren’t as good this season each episode and I can’t disagree more, they’re all jams imo, and of course the OP and ED were both fantastic this time as well. I also loved the addition of a villain character like Margarete, she made things very interesting despite being slightly underused imo, and her style of songs and performance was unique and amazing at that. And I am really excited for Season 3, Nijigasaki may have been my first Love Live series but Superstar is my favorite so far and seeing it be the one to break the cycle of 2 seasons and a movie makes me very happy, I’ll definitely be there when it comes around!
TheColonel76Oct 12, 2022 9:08 AM
Oct 12, 2022 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
geptor said:
Totally biased opinion.
There can be mediocre idol show with good songs.
But there can never be a good idol show with mediocre songs.
Aikatsu Friends is a good idol show with mediocre songs.
Oct 12, 2022 8:17 AM
Jul 2022
Whole 2nd season felt like a first draft. Hollow new characters, rushed plot points, and the songs weren't as great as the first season.
Oct 12, 2022 8:29 AM

Dec 2011
Ah well, this season was actually worse than I expected and I really had high hopes for it as the first season was imo one of the best out there.
The worst thing is that the Love Live! nationals were very anticlimactic and underwhelming, making the whole build-up to it rather pointless -- I thought winning the contest was the main goal of the crew but it seemed so irrelevant in the face of the great Kanon going abroad that they just performed one song and then bang! SUPER STARS GG EZ! So annoying. That was just plain stupid to make such disbalance between those two events. So many arcs got nothing but forgotten, like getting revenge on Sunny Pas. And now that everyone was sobbing and lamenting over Kanon finally deciding to study abroad, we are teased that she might actually not go? Fuck that noise.

7/10 but not any higher. I am being nice as is.
Oct 12, 2022 12:49 PM

Feb 2021
That ending though... We're getting a season 3 for the first ever time in the love live franchise too. This season to me wasn't anything special when compared to the first season. Although it was enjoyable at points, I also kind of bored at the few beggining episodes where they were recruiting new members for Liella. Overall it was an average show, will definitely watch 3rd season.
Oct 13, 2022 1:52 AM

Nov 2020
Honestly, I expected more from this season, season 1 was pretty damn good, and this was good to, but I expected more, I liked the first episodes a lot but the episode 12 was sooo bad, like, damn, why would they write it like this?
Oct 15, 2022 10:40 AM
Sep 2020
season 1 still stronger compare to this season, lots of push and pull, disregarding the additional girls though they're interesting, enjoyed the singing voice of the greedy girl, the songs from the previous season is more powerful in tone and shock factor, the final song won easily in the finals but the song feels like a filler just to make the story continue, though i like the build up tension of the tune, then the cliffhanger end comes, in conclusion everything is decided by the power of money, so S3 goes, and Liella will grow in number.
幸福にはそれ自身の目的があります
Oct 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2010
sbyrstall2 said:
nevergain said:
3. They kept building up the Keke returning to China sub-plot even after season 1 but it never happens and likely won't since they already won LL.

This does need to get resolved. Was this true for Keke or did she makes this up?

The "Keke's going home" sub-plot wasn't really about her having to return (which Sumire heard Keke talking on the phone so it wouldn't make sense for it to have being made up), it was about hers and Sumire's feelings finally becoming clear. Keke even said to Sumire on the episode they "resolve" this matter: "this is not about you, why are you suffering alone?"

DeepShooter said:
It's 100000000 times better than nijigaku s2 tho. It actually has some plot instead of poor animation and random gilrs appearing on the screen + Yuu being a useless character

The random girls are the N Card girls from the gacha games (School Idol Festival and All-Stars). Kanata and Emma were N Card characters at first too before the Nijigasaki project was created.
Speaking as someone who played SIF for several years, those girls appearing on the anime was a wonderful fanservice for me.
As for Yuu she was low key responsible for a lot of this in the S2, too bad she didn't become an idol at the end. Also the songs she wrote for the girls on the last episode were famous singles they already released so that too was a really nice fanservice for those who follow the LL projects besides the anime.
Oct 15, 2022 4:37 PM
May 2014
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
Oct 16, 2022 1:31 AM

Aug 2017
ACasualViewer said:
snow halation from the original.

Snow Halation was a climactic moment in LL, tough one to match.

I liked Crazy Coconuts and Wien in this season though. Mus and Liella are fantastic. Surprising they're doing a season 3, I wonder what's left to accomplish here. To me, Wien is the most powerful LL character ever.
CarbonMDOct 16, 2022 1:34 AM
Oct 17, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2021

accidentally spoiled already by Wien in Yuigaoka uniform, that troll cliffhanger ending was such a relief. With everyone aware of the 3rd season already official, it was impossible to think about Liella as a 8 piece group or 9 with Wien but without Kanon.

Agree that Liella winning was anticlimatic and made as a speedrun that leaves a sort of bitter taste, even the song wasn't that memorable. But... watching the flag and even before the "school at night" atmosphere were nice callbacks to SIP. Overall, i liked the choice to extend the main cast since the announcement and an additional season can be good for the newer one. Even if when it comes to the songs, the previous generations had some stronger ones.
Oct 18, 2022 6:56 AM
Jul 2017
Kanon's dream and her feelings towards Yuigaoka and Liella. Both are important to her but she has to decide which path to take.

Song for me song for you song for all.

Wow what a performance. The fireworks when the chorus hit gave me goosebumps.

What? No studying abroad? I was mot expecting that.

Looking forward to next season.
Oct 18, 2022 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
vienna revoked her scholarship just like dat. soo much for muh elite music academy.
Oct 23, 2022 6:16 AM

May 2015
Feel sad for Kanon. Where's the journey of her dreams ?

Hype for Season 3 however.
Oct 25, 2022 12:04 PM
Feb 2020
Felt kind of off, and the LL competition felt forced. However I'm glad there will be more
Oct 30, 2022 2:57 AM
Dec 2017
That ending though. That was unexpected, but a really welcome one. Now we wait for season 3.
Nov 11, 2022 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
Is there going to be a season 3 or just a movie? How can they end on a cliffhanger like that? Season 3 would be better imo because then the original 5 would be 3rd years but then does that mean they’ll add more members so they have all years in their group like past LL shows? As much as I liked the new girls, I kinda wish they stayed as a 5-piece. Their voices stood out way more in songs. Their chemistry seemed to be better as well. Just my two cents.
Nov 11, 2022 1:45 AM
May 2011
slvrcofe21 said:
Is there going to be a season 3 or just a movie? How can they end on a cliffhanger like that? Season 3 would be better imo because then the original 5 would be 3rd years but then does that mean they’ll add more members so they have all years in their group like past LL shows? As much as I liked the new girls, I kinda wish they stayed as a 5-piece. Their voices stood out way more in songs. Their chemistry seemed to be better as well. Just my two cents.
It's going to be a S3. Also, they are doing auditions IRL for a new member, so they'll at least add 1. Wien and Kanon's sister, Aria, are also going to go to that school, so I could see them joining as well.
Dec 5, 2022 11:31 AM

Mar 2021
Personally falling out of love with love live after sunshine. Perhaps getting old seeing so many idol gens. The cast of liella lost screen time for the new cast that didn't feel as unique as like keke. This same problem plagued nigi as well. A lot of forced yuri vs actual developed friends like yohane and riko. Didn't feel like they developed the competition aspect like the previous series. They just somehow won it.
Dec 5, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2011
icefirestone23 said:
Personally falling out of love with love live after sunshine. Perhaps getting old seeing so many idol gens. The cast of liella lost screen time for the new cast that didn't feel as unique as like keke. This same problem plagued nigi as well. A lot of forced yuri vs actual developed friends like yohane and riko. Didn't feel like they developed the competition aspect like the previous series. They just somehow won it.
I really liked that episode of Sunshine where they found the puppy. A season 2 episode where characters who had barely interacted before spent a lot of time together. Nijigasaki had 1 too between Ai and Karin. Superstar kinda did the same thing when Mei found out about Ren's game addiction, and while their relationship had always been strangely antagonistic from season 1, Keke and Sumire's friendship was also exhibited. While all the seasons seem to fall back on established friendships, I don't think that makes them worse, and Chisato and Kanon's friendship was great when it was the focus. I'm not sure what you mean by "forced yuri" though. I could only see that applying to Mei and Shiki because they get flustered and embarrassed around each other sometimes, but nothing on the level of Mari who gropes Kanan and You.
Dec 27, 2022 5:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good lord, that's one way of making an anticlimactic ending! What was all that buildup for then, xD? At least there'll be a third season to clarify that, ig. 

It's nice to see that the girls were able to win the Love Live competition though. Didn't feel like there was enough buildup leading up to it because of the whole moving plan which got botched in the end, lmao. Sunny P's appearing to support Liella! was a nice little addition.

I wonder how Kanon and the others will take this unexpected development now. 

In general, I feel this season has been more character-focused and maybe that's why I found it more enjoyable this time around. I know a lot of hardcore JP fans disliked this season because of the increase in group numbers but honestly, that didn't faze me at all. Oni Nattsu was the only character I wished they hadn't lol but the rest were great additions, imo. Good to know that Keke-chan will remain now too. 

7/10 from here. I liked the Chance Day, Chance Way song the most this time around. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 1, 2023 10:39 PM

Aug 2018
personally its not that bad compared to what people said on the 2nd season
but i agree the latter episodes seems rushed and vienna trolling kanon was a bs plot.

the semi finals performance was waaaaay better 3x than the finals 
final perf. didnt leave any emotional impact like superstar s1 and sip s1/ s2
on the other note, i love all the characters in superstars
i think mei is the best addition from the 1st year

oh well at least i still enjoyed the whole anime
also wien joining liella will be more interesting for sure
that talent so stacked on the group 

overall its still decent despite the criticiism
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 7, 2023 8:05 PM
Jan 2023
I didn't like the song at all.
Feb 26, 2023 7:33 PM
Dec 2016
I liked the second season of Liella. The new characters had good plots and I felt it made sense that they would have a hard time adjusting to the rest of the idols (idols who had been training for a year already).

But... beyond what I liked, what was that ending????? Keke's problem was barely relevant and I didn't like Kanon's plot twist AT ALL. I was excited to see what Liella was going to do without Kanon and what Kanon was going to do in another country fulfilling her dream, but it seems that it will not be possible lol

Of course I'm going to watch season 3 but I don't really know what they're going to do. They already won Love Live, Keke no longer has to return to his country, Kanon is not leaving Japan, the antagonist entered Liella's school... so... who knows

[ sorry if there are spelling mistakes, english is not my first language :c ]
May 5, 2023 1:32 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Wtf with that ending, are you f*cking kidding me, what kind of troll cliffhanger ending is that, ah very frustrated

Well the song and the story is not to impactful to watch, it's just blend not quite us good as the first season and the second one but at least it better then nijigasaki Which the story really run off form the ground base of LL and it's kinda bothersome for me, well and the enemy of this season is very underdeveloped Especially the song but after all still enjoyable for me 8/10
Destroyer31May 5, 2023 1:47 AM
Jul 17, 2023 8:14 PM

Jan 2019
I can't believe they built so much tension around Kanon's decision to study abroad to, in a few seconds, reset the situation and leave things as if none of this had happened. What was the point of this conflict anyway? We didn't need that to know that Kanon is determined to make her dream come true and that she has the support of the other girls, we already knew that! This whole plot involving the invitation to study abroad is idiotic and unnecessary.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Jul 19, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
I am kind of disappointed as the finals/nationals finished in a mere single episode. Why? This series could've done a lot more before going to the finals but they skipped them all!!! Sunrise is such a partyp**per. I can't believe they did that.
Well, what's done is done. I can't complain—well, even if I did... there's no point. Moving on~

Watching their final song makes me somehow feel that there's something lacking. I feel empty. Most of the songs didn't really ring a bell that much for some reason. The lyrics were mostly inspiring but the execution was bad, I think.

Still, I love Liella and their new crew members.
I just hope the next season won't be a rushed project.

S1>S2. That's all.

Anyway, congratulations Liella! 🫣

P.S. If I ever pick which is my best girl from the new members of Liella, I would pick Kinako for her lovely appearance—mostly, her pretty hair. Then Mei for her deep voice, and Natsumi for her Nico-like character. Shiki on the other hand is simply cute, I'll give her that.
CrazyButNot4UJul 19, 2023 9:52 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 2, 2023 3:41 AM
Apr 2020
Comical ending, But really I haven't enjoyed this as much as the first season.
Oct 8, 2023 5:13 AM

Mar 2017
Might be nostalgia talking but MIRAI TICKET still the best season finale song.

As for the series itself, I personally liked the themes and plot it was going for until the ending plot twist. The criticisms brought up here are really on-point, and reading those really put into perspective how bad Superstar was getting handled. The only part I disagree with is the comparisons with other LL series, simply because having the same plotline gets tiring. A big trope the franchise uses to create drama always revolves around the girls' separation. And with Superstar, I feel like we've had enough of those: Yuigaoka "closing," Keke being sent back to Shangai, and Kanon studying abroad. With the way said plot points were handled, I think they're trying to deviate from this kind of formula.

It's undeniable that drama has always been a part of the LL franchise. SIP did it the best, Aqours was a disaster, and Niji does Niji things. I personally like the franchise as a slice of life with cute quirky girls, and the first season of Superstar was exactly that. It actually felt fresh enough while still retaining the essence of what made School Idol Project endearing in the first place. I do have some problems when they made Liella nine members, but the way they're handling the first years as still somewhat detached seems good for now. It definitely would make the group come together more organically in the third season.

Anyways, time to binge on a year's worth of Liella music.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 24, 2023 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
Here I thought lil' Miss Vienna was enrolling into Yuigaoka to fill in for Kanon as the new ninth member of Liella for S3. What a troll. It strikes me as bizarre that the last minute change of plans felt like a prank rather than a dramatic turn, but it does remind me of those Hanayo panic moments. In a way though, I'm actually relieved that Kanon isn't leaving. Something just felt off about everyone goading on Kanon to study abroad and I hope my hunch is addressed in the sequel.

Aside from the cliffhanger, this sequel was still a really splendid follow-up. The first season was definitely stronger - particularly the chemistry of the original Liella members - but the addition of the first years helped to bring this tribute to classic Love Live full maru. Liella's finalist performance was very graceful & felt especially sentimental given how in sync they were with wanting to fulfill Kanon's dream. I adored that little pose at the end where they formed the star. Just as Liella became Yuigaoka's star, Kanon has also become Liella's superstar.

9/10 for S1
8/10 for S2
Feb 11, 8:47 AM

May 2023
i don't Care with all nijigasaki and superstar haters said. this superstar and nijigasaki it's my fav series so far from the franchise except sunshine and the school idol project which is i hated to said that i don't like both of those series. no doubt
Aug 8, 2:50 PM
Sep 2019
Very bad and rushed finale. I was mostly enjoying S2 despite some criticisms before these last 2 episodes, it all absolutely got ruined at the end. Hollow themes, hollow plot, hollow actions by these characters, and by far the most hollow and empty Love Live win. I felt nothing when Keke was waving that flag, feels almost disrespectful when you see how much struggle and hardship u’s and ESPECIALLY Aqours went through to win

I never loved Liella much but this season soured me on them more. Niji and Aqours stay on top, both musically and as anime
Aug 10, 2:46 AM

May 2019
Wow that was super disappointing way to end the season lol. Never thought they really pull the "I can have the cake and eat it too" with Kanon didn't go abroad study and back to normal after the whole preparation for that? I do quite like the way the characters are written at least the main 5 but this season just goes down hill by following the same ol' LL template by the end.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.