Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 27, 2020 12:58 AM

Jul 2009
NakolHira said:
Bit surprised Kabu actually went to Natsume and Kurenai in his first avatar.Kurenai might mistakenly reveal about him,right ?

Reveal what? She doesn't know he's a cyborg.
Aug 27, 2020 1:06 AM
Apr 2019
ame-furi said:
NakolHira said:
Bit surprised Kabu actually went to Natsume and Kurenai in his first avatar.Kurenai might mistakenly reveal about him,right ?

that he is seen around when the system has detained him.
Aug 27, 2020 1:15 AM

Jul 2009
NakolHira said:
ame-furi said:

What are you talking about? She doesn't know about the system and the cyborgs, just like Natsume. She was wondering why Kabu disappeared all of a sudden and where he went, because she thinks he's just a gear. Humans know about the gears, but they don't know that they are cyborgs.
Aug 27, 2020 1:19 AM
Apr 2019
ame-furi said:
NakolHira said:

What are you talking about? She doesn't know about the system and the cyborgs, just like Natsume. She was wondering why Kabu disappeared all of a sudden and where he went, because she thinks he's just a regular human.
lol you ain't getting it. She doesn’t know about system, but words can spread right? Just like Kabu, there are other cyborgs who are responsible to dispose of bugs. Now imagine Kurenai talked about it with other tankers, and a cyborg who knows Kabu has been detained heard that, reported to system.

I'm talking about this.
Aug 27, 2020 1:36 AM

Jul 2009
NakolHira said:
ame-furi said:

What are you talking about? She doesn't know about the system and the cyborgs, just like Natsume. She was wondering why Kabu disappeared all of a sudden and where he went, because she thinks he's just a regular human.
lol you ain't getting it. She doesn’t know about system, but words can spread right? Just like Kabu, there are other cyborgs who are responsible to dispose of bugs. Now imagine Kurenai talked about it with other tankers, and a cyborg who knows Kabu has been detained heard that, reported to system.

I'm talking about this.

Oh sorry, now I get what you mean! I'm so dumb, lol. But we may assume that Natsume might mistakenly reveal about him as well, at this point. I guess it's not a problem, we're 8 episodes in and so far we haven't seen other cyborgs like Kabu. If there was anyone else responsible to dispose of bugs, Kabu would probably have that in mind and it would have been mentioned.
ame-furiAug 27, 2020 1:39 AM
Aug 27, 2020 4:02 AM

Mar 2016
That scene was borrowed from Monster's Inc, isn't? Everything is almost set, betrayal included, let's get this thing started!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 27, 2020 4:03 AM

Nov 2013
Another great episode! Once again, hoping it will get more recognition!
Aug 27, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, that storage room scene was awesome and it did really remind of Monsters Inc. lmao. They did pretty well showcasing how broken and terrifying Hugins is. And I gotta say Jill's avatar looks really great, and it's also good to see Kaburagi back in his old avatar. Well not that I'm surprised that Turkey is a snitch, with the voice and look alone you could tell he a snitch.
Aug 27, 2020 4:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Starting to enjoy this show a lot more now.

Heist over at the Collector's area is just step one of this grand scheme and, to make matters worse, Hugin probably is edging close and there's a traitor in the ranks. Damn, there's a long way to go and hopefully it won't turn out to be too rushed by the end of the cour.

Natsume and Kurenai-san simultaneously punching the lights out of Kabu-san was quite the treat too, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 27, 2020 5:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another complex episode that added more questions in return. Obviously there was a lot of questions surrounding Kabu's plan. Its successful rate was surely very low. Even that cyborg that together with Sark, like i said on the previous episode, finally revealed his true intentions. I know he must be working with Hugin to solved the situations in the undergrounds facility. However, what his exact deals? Minato must had something unexpected to do in the next episode without even noticing it to Kaburagi. Was he joined the rebellion or not? I can't judge it for now. Because sometimes, i feel like Minato characteristic was not worthy enough to be trusted so far. However, beside the mystery behind what happened between Minato, Kaburagi, and their explanations in the end, some certain missing parts must be filled in the next episodes, or else, it must be so much dissapointment for me.

What parts that were missing on this episode? First, Jill and her surfaces team, and how she could easily sabotaged that placed and easily infiltrated. Was Jill had a same condition like Minato and Kaburagi? I mean, look at her skilled when hacking Minato's access log. She must be really skillful there. Why she even ended there? What was her mistake afterall? So much mystery with her situations, there. It should be really paid off if it showed me more about Jill.

Seconds, what that cyborg with Sark doing while in the avatar storage facility? Was he worked with Hugin really truth? How? The mystery surrounding that cyborg just make this episode felt so interesting. I just, needed more explanations about it.

Third, the logical explanations about stealing the avatar and used it to login still blurred to me. How come the avatar became alive again? The procedure? It will be nice if it showed me how he could login again to that blank avatar of Kabu-san.

Natsume had a little screen time here, its so sad. Well, maybe the next episode had a lot of her? Or maybe another explanations behind the cyborg's rebellion? Lets seen the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Another great episode! Once again, hoping it will get more recognition!

The score only being 7 is absurd.
Aug 27, 2020 5:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Aryale said:
“We dispose of pieces of shit while running on pieces of shit.
In short, we’re pieces of shit.”
Omg this girl is such a mood. That scene was kinda gross those, I was eating while watching this episode so I lost my appetite...

Lmao. Suddenly she become my favourite 'girl' on this season because of her beautiful speech there.

Noumu said:

What they are trying to pull here should not resolve the main conflict of the series but there are only 4 episodes left so ofc. it will... v.v

The main conflict, in my opinion , must be to established the good relations between cyborg, the company, and human among a balanced life order. So far the company just controlled everything too wild with the system they had. Its not give any other races to have their own freedom. Even with most of cyborg too, they just have a false freedom. So, thats why the bug problems become a point of conflict. Its make Kaburagi's mind open about the mistake and want to changed it. The question here, can everyone wants to accept the sudden change? Its truly the challenged of Kabu's plan. Thats what i learn so far. Lol
badabassAug 27, 2020 6:19 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Aug 27, 2020 5:50 AM

Aug 2012
GUYS I JUST NOTICED THAT THIS EPISODE OF DECA-DENCE IS TOTALLY MONSTERS INC. The part where they jump from door to the door in the factory?? Randall?? Fear fuel (Gadoll fuel)?? IT'S MONSTERS INC
Aug 27, 2020 5:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
alpo42ab said:
This is one of the top shows in Japan right now. I am sure that there will be a second season.

I am so relieved to see this information. I just hope it have an official announcement after this. There is no way this original ended up with 12 episodes only.

Aug 27, 2020 7:41 AM
Feb 2011
What's going on here?

I thought after defeating mission impossible, we saw there were much more Gadoll on the outside world than we thought.

At the same time, the lake beneath Deca-dence make Gadoll. I thought manufacturing Gadoll themselves would only help the people up top if they continued to live in their bubbled world.

So, why does it make sense to manufacture Gadoll when you're already exposed to Gadoll in the outside world? Doesn't seem to benefit anyone. Are we really supposed to believe they're doing it for population control because why not move towards actual Gadoll nests instead of having a factory of them?

In my opinion, this anime is getting worse.
Aug 27, 2020 7:52 AM

Feb 2017
Starting to get concerned about the direction we’re going just because it feels like they’re quickly heading to an ending that won’t be able to tie everything off nicely; as is, this episode kinda aggressively moved forward many of the overlying plot points.

I’m inclined to agree a season 2 will probably be needed, so I hope that’s the direction they chose.
Aug 27, 2020 8:29 AM

Mar 2020
This was a really fun episode. Seeing the Cyborgs as their avatars was really cool. Glad Kaburagi has his old design back.
Aug 27, 2020 10:54 AM
Jul 2019
Ok so now Kaburagi get's his avatar back , next the rebellion begins.......unless that someone decides to rat them out to the higher ups.
Aug 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2020
Farabeuf said:
JULES_WK said:

At least, everybody here knows the true value of the series!

not too mention that we can actually get around to reading each others posts. In big normie series, you watch it an houf after its out and when you're done there are already 180 replies in the episode discussion threads.

Yeah, you spend more time reading comments that watching the episode :/ haha
Aug 27, 2020 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
i truly hope once this series ends, its score spikes up to an 8.XX

Higher score means more recognition, and i just want other people to experience this show, so dont come at me saying "scores dont matter" because... they do (for recognition and popularity etc in the ranks and if ppl filter after score in AOTS etc.)
Aug 27, 2020 12:48 PM

Aug 2018
Really hoping Jill is a Solid Quake agent, otherwise the ease with which she infiltrated the avatar storage center was far too great.

If you watch episode 5.5, you can see her as a member of Solid Quake's Story & Design Department, so she was more than just a rank-and-file Gear before she ended up in the camp.
Away from the things of man, my love, away from the things of man.
Aug 27, 2020 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
It's getting more interesting

I wonder when will Kaburagi tell the truth to Natsume...I can't wait to see her reaction.
Aug 27, 2020 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
One of my favorite episodes! Can someone explain what that "pleasure gun" was for? I'm thinking it's a sex toy but it could be something else?

Anyway, Jill is my best girl. Also, daddy Kabu is back in his original body. I have a feeling Minato will protect him but that other guy (I forgot his name) the one who snapped the other guy's neck will obviously cause them trouble.
臭い-
Aug 27, 2020 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
I knew that white cyborg couldn't be trusted. Minato's proly gonna die trying to stop the betrayers.
Aug 28, 2020 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
What a great episode this was, and what a great anime this has become now.

I do hope that Kaburagi's friend will help him when he will need that.

That ending...That guy is just so easy to manipulate, but let's see if he will be able to betray Kaburagi.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Jul 2009
Bibimbapski said:
Can someone explain what that "pleasure gun" was for? I'm thinking it's a sex toy but it could be something else?

What else could it be? It was written "ultimate pleasure" on the box and Hugin told Minato that "as long as he uses it in private he doesn't care." I guess it's not that hard to deduce that yes, it was a sex toy.
Aug 28, 2020 12:28 AM
Oct 2012
Milton_Merlo123 said:
Wow, this fanbase is indeed insignificant compared to Re Zero.

You can't compare a new totally original anime series to an already established franchise powered by several light novel volumes and plenty of animated/adapted material.
Aug 28, 2020 12:35 AM
Dec 2019
This was a cool episode. The part where they're trying to get Kabu's avatar was so cool. And the only way to shut the guy up was to snap their neck, these made me laugh.

But it was good to see Kabu and Natsume back together again.
Aug 28, 2020 12:38 AM

Jul 2019
sangv said:
Marinate1016 said:
I hope we get a second season of this. I don’t really see anyway all the questions get answered without rushing this significantly. The world is very rich and a promising world, so I wouldn’t mind them taking their time over 24 eps.

I agree, but unfortunately I can't really imagine it getting a season 2 due to how many people seemingly dropped it on episode 2 due to them either not understanding what's going on, or getting angry that it wasn't exactly what they were expecting it to be (or both).
Actually this show has been doing quite decently in japan being the 5th most popular, although i still dont think a second season will happen, just because its an original, death parade did not have one, and i dont think this will have one either
Aug 28, 2020 3:53 AM
Aug 2019
ame-furi said:
ag_ said:
Every single episode makes me wonder why this isn't more popular.

No self-insert protagonist, no waifus, no ships, no SUKOI DEKAIs and no pre-existing fanbase. Some people couldn't handle the different artstyle, some of them couldn't handle the plot twist, and some of them are too dumb to even understand the plot. The anime community is full of normies who reject anything that's slightly different and would rather watch the same shit over and over again.
Well said. You don't start seeing how shows really compare until you step out your comfort zone
Aug 28, 2020 9:19 AM
Mar 2020
while you all hope this gets a second season. I just hope we get another original from the same team.
Aug 28, 2020 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
of course some of Kabu's fellows would be eventually traitors/betrayers!
5/5.

Aug 29, 2020 3:39 AM

Oct 2018
The show getting better and exciting in every episode, i hope it gets to more recognise.
Aug 29, 2020 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
This show has gotten so wild I'm no longer even trying to understand it. I'm just here now to ride the wave into some story madness! Love it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 29, 2020 10:31 AM
Oct 2019
I'm really enjoying the Animation Quality on the Storage Room, also the intensity with Hugin and Kaburagi chasing scene was Great..

Noo, that stupid guy was manipulated
Aug 29, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2015
This whole room with all that avatars reminds me of Monsters Inc. place where all of doors being kept.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 29, 2020 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
ag_ said:
ame-furi said:

Re:Zero fans just can't shut up about it, as usual. You're so cancerous and annoying people, lol.

I enjoy Re:ZERO a lot (probably my favourite this season), but I'll say that Deca-Dence has a friendlier fanbase.

They're easily the best shows of the season, although I'm not watching Oregairu season 3. So maybe that's also up there, as the last two seasons of Oregairu were high quality. As far as I'm concerned, Wednesday is the best anime day right now because of Re:Zero and Deca-Dence. Let's just ignore Gibiate.

Another stellar episode. So much tension during the turbine sequence. I seriously had anxiety watching. Funny outcome though.

Last scene is quite worrying.

Also, smug Natsume was great.

Aug 29, 2020 2:55 PM

Apr 2019
Mormegil said:
ag_ said:

I enjoy Re:ZERO a lot (probably my favourite this season), but I'll say that Deca-Dence has a friendlier fanbase.

They're easily the best shows of the season, although I'm not watching Oregairu season 3. So maybe that's also up there, as the last two seasons of Oregairu were high quality. As far as I'm concerned, Wednesday is the best anime day right now because of Re:Zero and Deca-Dence. Let's just ignore Gibiate.

Another stellar episode. So much tension during the turbine sequence. I seriously had anxiety watching. Funny outcome though.

Last scene is quite worrying.

Also, smug Natsume was great.

Oregairu is pretty slow this season, but it's still really good like S1 and S2.
my life was made with mematic.
Aug 29, 2020 11:45 PM

Apr 2015
Not sure why some of yous are pretending this is oh so smart and unintelligible to the masses, it's a easy to read story and a simple message, only projected onto a slightly off kilter premise

Donatello is reminiscent of many other characters but really likable

The reunion scene was a bit lameish.
Aug 30, 2020 10:02 AM

Aug 2017
Loved when Kaburagi said he wants to destroy the system and gets his avatar! Loving this series!

Aug 30, 2020 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
Good setup episode for something big that is going to happen. Kaburagi doesn't care anymore he wants to defy the system and destroy it. I wonder if Sark is going to go through with the plan tho.
Aug 31, 2020 2:07 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Decent episode so far, can't complain. Hopefully they don't rush the end though
Aug 31, 2020 3:19 AM

Jan 2012
Lanz said:
Not sure why some of yous are pretending this is oh so smart and unintelligible to the masses, it's a easy to read story and a simple message, only projected onto a slightly off kilter premise

I agree that this show isn't the smartest show, not even close. I like this show, but I'm not gonna pretend this show is genius.
I think the problem was that the first 2 episodes were a bit confusing, but as the show progressed they explained everything. Personally I have no problem with that (sometimes it adds to the show), but my guess (since surprisingly I can't read minds) is that a lot of people think that not explaining straight away=bad writing.
Another reason is what I think people mean by saying "casuals". it's not the regular storyline of most anime, therefore it's less popular. Every season there are shows like that, and only a few shows actually manage to get good scores (like Great Pretender). this show suffers from this even more then other shows because it marketed itself as a more standard (or "casual" if you prefer) show, and people who prefer standard shows did not enjoy this. again, Great Pretender marketed itself as a different show since the beginning, hence the reason it has a smaller number of members but a higher rating.

End of rant
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 31, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2020
Yet again my brother and I rushed to the new Deca-Dence episode and it did not disappoint.

Really glad that Kabu got back his old avatar, since I'm not the biggest fan of the redhead design, and the chase scene was really intense. The sex toy joke was probably one of the funniest bits I've seen in anime, and Hugin's reaction was just so damn good.

Seeing Kaburagi and Natsume reunite was really nice, though something deep inside me kinda hoped that Kabu would break free from the prison and reunite with Natsume in his android form.

Just gotta wait two more days for the next episode.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Aug 31, 2020 7:28 PM

Nov 2018
kaburagi/minato homoerotic subtext is driving me INSANE, before i was like "it's all in your head it's not intentional" but uhhhhhh fellas is it gay to preserve his human body after he gets sent to an android concentration camp for crimes against the state. fellas is it gay to continuously not report him for anticapitalist crimes at the risk of your own life. fellas is it gay to "i just wanted to fight together again, like we used to. that was enough for me." fellas,
Sep 1, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
This ep was really good. It was nice to see Kaburagi reunited with Natsume (and Kurenai). Also, I like Jill's Deca-Dence avatar.
Sep 1, 2020 6:20 PM
Jan 2015
Damn, I'm loving the parallels between Kabu and Minato's friendship compared to Natsume and Fei; Minato and Fei are content to live within the system and accept their place, while Natsume has inspired Kabu to rage against their respective machines. Awesome characterization~!!

The tension of Kabu knowing the truth behind the veil but not being able to say anything is so good. I'm wondering when he's gonna spill the beans to Natsume. Will she guess beforehand, and piece it together? It seems they could be hinting at that. Does Kurenai know??

Scared what will come of the betrayal.... sure is juicy though!!
Sep 2, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder if Donatello's avatar can even fit inside those avatar cases 😂 looked like he was having trouble just getting thro that one door...
Also, yaas Jill is so bad-ass with her hackin skills and her avatar is really cool 😆
Huh, and wonder what Turkey was up to after he "killed" Sarkozy
NinjinAiSep 2, 2020 5:24 AM
Sep 6, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2010
Let the rebellion start, the system where shit is used to power up robots is actually not a bad idea lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2020 8:32 PM
Mar 2019
chaznable said:
kaburagi/minato homoerotic subtext is driving me INSANE, before i was like "it's all in your head it's not intentional" but uhhhhhh fellas is it gay to preserve his human body after he gets sent to an android concentration camp for crimes against the state. fellas is it gay to continuously not report him for anticapitalist crimes at the risk of your own life. fellas is it gay to "i just wanted to fight together again, like we used to. that was enough for me." fellas,

god i thought i was the only one
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.