Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 2020 10:31 PM

Nov 2019
Outstanding 5/5 episode I couldn't stop smiling
Feb 26, 2020 3:09 AM

Mar 2016
I love the way the fictional anime and this anime have different art styles. It helps us understand that one is animated, while the other is made up of "real people". I am probably not making any sense.

The attention to little details is so overwhelmingly good. My favourite one this episode was Mizusaki's eyes when she had half of her face in sunlight, lighting only one of the eyes; the lit eye had more details and also a specular highlight.

The foreshadowing using the chopsticks was quite creative.

Feb 26, 2020 4:18 AM
Sep 2017
I had a smile across my face from start to finish, this whole episode was great.

The lead up to the screening was just the best, and was so much fun with the robot club causing as much chaos as they could as well as that whole metal gear bit lmao, and then the ending was short but sweet and wholesome as well. The best part is just how real all of this feels.

This show has won me over for #1 of the year with this episode. I don't think any other anime can top it. If we don't get a season 2 I will riot
Feb 26, 2020 5:19 AM
Mar 2019
how does it keep on getting better and better with every episode?

At first, I was skeptical, but now I'm convinced that this is not just another seasonal anime.

Great show for Yuasa-san once again! Bumping it up to an 8/10 for me.

Robot Club was awesome this week. The president was very charming in his own otaku way.
Feb 26, 2020 5:21 AM
Mar 2019
FalseP0sitive said:
I had a smile across my face from start to finish, this whole episode was great.

The lead up to the screening was just the best, and was so much fun with the robot club causing as much chaos as they could as well as that whole metal gear bit lmao, and then the ending was short but sweet and wholesome as well. The best part is just how real all of this feels.

This show has won me over for #1 of the year with this episode. I don't think any other anime can top it. If we don't get a season 2 I will riot

Definitely a strong contender for anime of the year,
but from all the great squeals (like Kaguya-sama S2, Re:zero S2, ETC) and manwha adaptations announced for 2020 (like Tower Of God and God Of Highschool), I think it's gonna have a lot of competition.
Feb 26, 2020 5:41 AM

Apr 2011
This episode definitely took the series up a notch for me. Im excited to see where they go from here, when before I was enjoying the series but felt I knew pretty much what I was going to get. This episode was a big improvement compared to episode 4, just felt like it had way more heart in it.

Looking forward to more collaboration between Choi and Yuasa. Would love to see them do something more gritty and adult, inspired by 80s sci fi anime. That would be amazing.
Feb 26, 2020 11:45 AM
Apr 2019
I loved the entire advertising sequence with the Robot club. Plus the added detail of the yellow balloon during the zip line portion. Such dedication.
Feb 26, 2020 12:07 PM

Feb 2017
I am glad Tsubame's parents are supportive in the end. Tsubame is such a big talent as proved by this amazing mecha short they've created.
Feb 27, 2020 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
Definitely the best episode as of yet!
the whole episode is to energetic! especially when the robot club help the girls distribute and advertise their animation! so much energy it was worthwhile!!!
5/5.

J891319 said:
FalseP0sitive said:

Definitely a strong contender for anime of the year,
but from all the great squeals (like Kaguya-sama S2, Re:zero S2, ETC) and manwha adaptations announced for 2020 (like Tower Of God and God Of Highschool), I think it's gonna have a lot of competition.

OH GOD! This was a surprise for me!!! TOG & GOH is gonna become an anime!?!? i hope Girl's of the Wilds became an anime too!!! heheh
matias067Feb 27, 2020 5:36 AM

Feb 27, 2020 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
I heard that this anime was the best one this season... It becomes harder and harder to argue against it each week. This was just dang wonderful all around. Robot Club President was unexpectedly awesome here too.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 29, 2020 6:39 PM

Jun 2013
I liked this episode more than I thought I would, I love Eizouken but I'm not fond of Mizusakitbh. Kanamori is best girl and Asakusa comes in second and I like other side characters more before Mizusaki but I came to like her a little more this episode.

Robot Club President stole the show.
臭い-
Feb 29, 2020 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
The idol animator. How ironic.
Feb 29, 2020 11:15 PM

Mar 2010
A bit late but, good god this was AMAZING! I'm out of word.

The robot club promotion part, the Kanamori blackmailing and preorder part.
Best of all, ending was on point! Not sure how next arc is going to top this.
Feb 29, 2020 11:48 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, they closed two subplots in this episode perfectly without feeling out of place or rushed.

Pretty good. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 1, 2020 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
Kanamori is scary with her negotiation.

The robot club president stole this episode. What a guy.

Mar 1, 2020 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
such a fun, bizzare and epic episode.

i loved it! it was interesting see the characters dynamic

Mar 1, 2020 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
I'm very fond of how the situation with Mizusaki's parents was handled (not that I expected anything less from this show)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2020 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
Does anyone know the origin of the song RoboOno sang as he ran around campus?

I assume it was the theme to an old giant robot anime, but I haven't found any clues as to which one yet.

The "Super Wingggggg!" bit made me think Mazinger Z, but that show's theme was an instrumental.
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Mar 5, 2020 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
Kanamori has long hair, glasses, and negotiates like a mobster. Alas, as last episode revealed, no huge tiger tattoo. Shame, that!
Mar 10, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2017
Hell of an episode. The culmination of all of the anime's whole efforts, but still just great. This show has constantly had moments like this.
Mar 22, 2020 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
hmm that was interesting...all of that between the festival
Mar 25, 2020 12:12 AM

Jan 2019
ngl. this was probably my favorite episode thus far. I just loved how they made it seem like this big full-scale operation. reminding me of MGS
Mar 28, 2020 7:15 AM
Apr 2019
What a wonderful episode, best of the series so far in my opinion. The first half was hilarious, with the robot club promoting the anime and the "men of black" trying to stop them. I really liked how the family situation was handled without indulging in some unnecesary melodrama. Mizusaki's parents don't seem that bad after all.
Mar 30, 2020 10:23 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
From the anticipation for the festival early at dawn, followed by some insane advertising champaign, backed by Kanemori, the overseer who make sure everything goes the way they should in the background. Then comes a man with burning passion and hearts of steel leading the charge to fend off the student council's army and further attract more audience so that they may experience the pure thrill of watching an action animation, the fruits of arduous and endless grind by a group of people. Ended with a cheerful note where Mizusaki's parent comes to understand her true aspiration and passion.

This, this is simply a mind-numbingly fun episode. I absolutely love every single happening going on within the ep all so that the plan run smoothly. And damn if it's not beautiful. Respect for Ono's (the Robot Club's President) efforts, he singlehandedly became the scapegoat for the punishment that was supposed to befall on many people involved with the plan. The sequence of action from beginning to end of the ep is absolutely phenomenal, it's simple but incredibly amusing to witness!

Mar 30, 2020 7:20 PM

Apr 2015
Kids in Japan have way too much power.

I'm not talking about Kanamori, of course. She's a goddess. I'm talking about the girl who didn't look older than 14 trying to 'arrest' Mizusaki for being the supposed ringleader of something that really wasn't that serious. Where was she going to put her? Is there a festival jail?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 31, 2020 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Best episode yet! Man, what a performance! Beautifully animated and you can see the passion behind the characters and also the makers of this anime. What a wonderful show by Yuasa again. Glad to see Mizusaki's parents being understanding and coool.
Apr 12, 2020 4:03 PM
May 2018
My favorite episode so far. Extremely fun to watch, I don't even need to say why, just watch it.
Apr 17, 2020 4:03 AM

Feb 2018
Another boring episode.
Apr 18, 2020 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
IM SO PROUD OF THEM :')

this show will forever warm my heart
Apr 18, 2020 4:44 PM

Sep 2019
That mizusaki bitch ain't looking like a famous person to me tho. Hella cringe on this episode. She's like “mom & dad until now I was going with the flow of being an actress but now I find my purpose of like of being an animation artist” and her parents like yeah bitch do what you want.

I'm ok with this bit the problem is then why making this all a big drama until now that her parents were disagree and shit.
May 9, 2020 9:43 AM

Feb 2012
That was a nice short.
It was cool to see the weird things mizusaki included like the tea jet from her grandma
Asakusa scared me at the end with that no.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 17, 2020 3:46 PM
Jul 2013
Absolutely great, 10/10 episode, I say that's making its way into anime history.
I'd like to thank the creators for giving us this special moment, it feels like with Eizouken's story they ushered us into their world and let us experience the joy of creating and then seeing your work be appreciated.

Avichii said:
That mizusaki bitch ain't looking like a famous person to me tho. Hella cringe on this episode. She's like “mom & dad until now I was going with the flow of being an actress but now I find my purpose of like of being an animation artist” and her parents like yeah bitch do what you want.

I'm ok with this bit the problem is then why making this all a big drama until now that her parents were disagree and shit.

I think this all has been an awfully exaggerated misunderstanding on all parts, which started with the father telling the bodyguards to keep Mizusaki away from anime.
Jun 5, 2020 5:18 AM

Jan 2011
So they decided to get high to make this episode? If so, they need to do it more this episode was fucking amazing. It's also good example of effective Gorilla Marketing.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 17, 2020 3:22 AM

Dec 2013
I loved everything about this episode!! The ramen scene at the campfire, Kanamori's "negotiations" with the AC department, the efforts of the robot club and the anime itself with all the little details that make it Mizusaki's animation - also the way her parents reacted to it was very wholesome. I am in love with this show and I can't wait to watch the remaining four episodes <3

10/10 for me
Aug 18, 2020 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see the power of Eizouken together with the robot club unite the people and even convince Mizusaki's parents to fight for what's right: watching an epic mecha anime!

Nov 17, 2020 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Awesome episode. Whenever this show does screenings, those episodes turn out to be the best of the series. I just loved the chaos this episode ensued as they were trying to promote many people to see the anime that they had prepared, with crazy dealings and tactical promotions everywhere. Tsubame's character got to shine the brightest in this episode with how she not only was the main person who got people giving the movie a shot, but her animation was great as well, plus the scene with throwing the tea away while unnecessary was a nice little personal reference to Tsubame's past. Even her parents could feel how much work and passion she's put into everything, and their conversation at the end was good too. No melodrama needed for this show, and they pretty much did a great job overall with the heart, soul and the visuals too.

One thing that I am slowly finding that is pretty lame about the show is the soundtracks. Ignoring the songs used for the animation itself, just general background soundtracks just bore me and add nothing really to the show, and can be a little repetitive too.

Still, this episode could have been a great final episode for the show but there's 4 more to go. The show has some meh episodes but it's also capable of having some great ones too.
Dec 15, 2020 9:34 AM

Nov 2018
Great episode.
No drama overuse , keeping the pace and style of this full of passion lighthearted animation about animation.

No idea why would you hate the series , it's great. Boring? It's really simple and entertaining.
Solid 7.5/10 for now, closer to 8 at times.
ZevvenDec 15, 2020 9:39 AM
I hate everyone equally
Feb 8, 2021 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
I thought her parents reacted very well! Wish all parents were like that :')
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 26, 2021 1:31 PM

Aug 2017
That's probably the most awesome school festival episode I've ever seen xD Eizouken took the "school is a microcosm for the existing society" idea to the limits with everything that the student council did (of course it hardly rivals Kill la Kill levels but still). All those nods to Tsubame's quirks, star-like explosions (started by Kanada, I believe) and her amazing intro with the water splash really left an impression. I even teared up during the screening, the passion for animation just flows from the screen. So cool. Ono is the MVP!

The actor/animator parallel from earlier episodes finally comes to full realization!

All chase scenes felt like playing a platformer haha, with all those weird air perspectives on Mizusaki getting directions from Kanamori.
May 10, 2021 7:31 AM

May 2020
Wow I thought her parents were the really strict type lol, this episode is amazing and robots!!
Sep 7, 2021 8:22 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was so great! I so enjoyed seeing Tsubame's parents finally seeing her in her element. The school cultural festival was so much fun too with all the cardboard robot people hanging around everyone. The way the school is designed on a vertical structure makes the scenes so dynamic with so much happening in all corners of the animation. Their final product was also great, but I loved their first one with the machete school girl a bit more. At first, it was hard for me to get into this anime because of all the fast-paced dialogue, but I'm getting more used to it and starting to enjoy all the exposition and character quirks!
desu desu binches
Oct 29, 2021 6:46 PM
May 2021
I'm really liking this anime so far.Not gonna lie tho I cringed really hard this episode. That last line made me want to die with cringe!! 6/10 fro this epsidode.
Mar 25, 2022 10:43 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit this episode was so fucking tense and the robot doing it's action was impeccable
Nov 7, 2022 3:43 PM

Jul 2019
One of the best chapters so far. I especially liked how exciting it looked and felt when they were being chased by the student council and when the president of the robot club was promoting the anime, it was awesome!

Oh and I also really liked how chaotic the situation became with so many people dressed up as robots, it was really fun.
Apr 23, 2023 5:45 PM
Aug 2021
The fight with the robot is beautifully animated. I love how understanding Tsubame's parents are with her passion.
May 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Dec 2022
Probably one of the weakest episodes to date, but that's not saying much since it was still really damn good. Roboboy Run was fantastic and very wholesome.
Jun 27, 2023 8:05 PM
May 2020
yea i'd kill her too
Jul 5, 2023 8:38 PM
Aug 2021
endorfina pura, chega me emocionei um pouco.
Oct 22, 2023 8:14 PM

Oct 2022
It's so cute to see how much effort the robot club put in to promote it and seeing their passion aligned with the video clubs was great

Mar 18, 8:12 PM

Jun 2008
I really enjoyed this episode. This show needs more scenes like the featured here, and less random production metaphores.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

149 by wallus81 »»
Oct 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

58 by BNKRG »»
Aug 26, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2020

71 by BNKRG »»
Aug 23, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

78 by BNKRG »»
Aug 22, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

107 by -dowob- »»
Aug 7, 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.