Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 24, 2019 9:35 PM
Oct 2018
Something about this anime is keeping me watching. The music seems pretty good and that fight quality came out of nowhere, not bad at all. Also, Shin really killed him lmao. Is this show gonna avert my expectations?
Apr 24, 2019 9:43 PM

Nov 2017
redwhitenblue said:
Liked the episode. Now then, Kurt's mother had Mr. Schtrom visit Kurt, and he goes demonoid shortly thereafter.... if the authorities don't go after Schtrom or at least suspect him in the next episode, that is a plothole.

Don't worry. I won't post spoilers, but the important people of Earlshide Kingdom are all investigating this incident and the mastermind will be identified.

The question is, even if they do know it, can they apprehend the suspect successfully, or not ?
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 24, 2019 9:54 PM

Feb 2014
Funny turned dark and back to funny again. What a roller coaster.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 24, 2019 10:01 PM
Mar 2018
Trust me, the next episode's fight is going to be even better. I've read the manga, the fight with Strom is gonna be awesome.
Apr 24, 2019 10:09 PM

Jul 2011
Kurt were hurt in all possible way, and now finally he was killed by HERO! I somewhat feel bad for him, anyway he was not all the time like this, he were changed, by that guy...

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 24, 2019 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
That Mr. Schtrofm Idk how to spell his name might be the one who summoned those demons from the forest
Apr 24, 2019 11:17 PM

Dec 2014
This episode in my opinion was the best so far this anime has gone from a 5-7 almost dropped it after the rushed 1st episode can't wait to see more can't believe he actually cut Kurts head off wasn't expecting that
Apr 25, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2011
So the guards believed the killed-a-demonoid story so easily? All they saw was a group of happy friends next to a beheaded person

Apr 25, 2019 12:32 AM
Aug 2017
_cjessop18_ said:
Is Sicily going to be this season's best girl?

Also I was very surprised the way Shin defeated the demonoid, a very dark and unexpected turn of events from what seems to be a fun and cheerful anime

Agreed, I'm so used to MC's being all powerful (like he is) but also know exactly how to deal with and diffuse every situation they get into. It was an incredibly pleasant surprise to see him being forced to kill a fellow student for the safety of the rest of the school. This really opens up the anime to being more dark in future episodes which I'm definitely hyped for. I just wish they'd stop with the cliche heroines who literally do nothing though, I was some of the heroines from Mushoku Tensei in here then it'd be way better.
Apr 25, 2019 12:33 AM
Aug 2017
Shirasho said:
Didnt expect that ending. I was expecting serious consequences, not praise.

I'm assuming some consequences may come later but the praise is only coming from the surprise and relief that a possible tragedy was averted.
Apr 25, 2019 12:54 AM

Nov 2017
uzee said:
So the guards believed the killed-a-demonoid story so easily? All they saw was a group of happy friends next to a beheaded person

Uh.....One of those "group of happy friends" is their country's Prince. To doubt their prince's words would lead to outright treasonous behaviour.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Jun 2016
Why do i find the talks are.. cringy? Shit i can't enjoy animes like this since i started seeing elitist review.
Apr 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
How quickly a decapitation in episode 3 raises the score and improves the comments on this show. Just another instance (ironically) of the Madoka rule (never drop an anime until after episode 3).

One reason that the S Class students had atypical reactions to the death is that ultimately they are being trained for military purposes (powerful mages being the strategic weapons of this medieval world). A number of them are also nobles who will become commanding officers in the case of military action. This is a pretty stratified society, and this group is either already part of the elite, or about to become part due to their magical prowess.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 25, 2019 1:59 AM
Mar 2018
His "shocking" reaction to the obious betrayal, took the staff just a pan of a still image and 3 frames. Best comedy of the season!
Apr 25, 2019 3:04 AM
Sep 2015
-Mahesvara said:
The action was actually pretty well animated, Silver Link is a good studio, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Wasn't, expecting Kurt to be killed though. I kinda like that twist, cause usually in these types of shows the MC would always find a way to save the person in Kurt's situation, but no they shown that Shin didn't have enough time to make up a clever way or pull something out of his that could of saved him, so he had to make the tough decision with taking Kurt's life in order to save everyone else.

It sets a tone that Shin will have to make more tough decisions in the future and gives him some internal conflict that can be used to give him development as well, overall making Shin and the story more interesting.

Only downside was the reaction his friends made after the incident, I would think they would be more shocked and saddened at the event considering a classmate(be it a nasty one who was treating everyone like garbage, but still a classmate nonetheless) was just beheaded and they've never seen anything this brutal before going by the groups earlier conversation in the cafeteria.

Thanks to this episode, my expectations have risen for this series a bit, so hopefully its turns out better than what I was expecting.

I know what you're coming from with the downside man. But think about it a little. He was never praised enough even by his own middle school classmates aka Aug and bodyguards. He also told falsely that Sizilien or Sicily/Cecily you name it, is his fianceé. He just started acting strange but nobody cared except for his family. So it seems most natural that they are not concerned enough. I mean, if they would freak out, would that be relevant?
Apr 25, 2019 3:14 AM
Sep 2015
Ehurvaks said:
They skipped some parts from the Manga, folks.

There's supposed to be a magic training scene before Kurt attacks, where the teacher takes the MC and all his classmates to a magic shooting area, where Aug and the rest of MC's classmates shoots magic attacks at targets.

Since they skipped that scene, most anime viewers would think that MC's classmates can only do super lame magic like the other people in Ep 2.

If they do things like the first episode, when they switched birthday scene with magic demonstration, then in episode 4, Shin actually has a purpose of showing how his magic works. If not, well the director is the one who wrote Beatless script, not surprising at all XD
Apr 25, 2019 3:17 AM

Sep 2016
KorhalChild said:
Why does everyone in this anime live in the KonoSuba mansion lol

I just noticed that lmao
Apr 25, 2019 5:44 AM

Oct 2015
Glad this show have a decent budget, thanks Silver Link.
Apr 25, 2019 6:23 AM

Sep 2007
I just have one question...
Where the eff are teachers? They are in the school right?

Aside from that, I like the absurdity, dark tones and unexpected turns.
NanamiApr 25, 2019 6:26 AM
Apr 25, 2019 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
Well um damn that got dark real quick thought we was just gunna have a fun time here 😂
Apr 25, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2017
Screams of the demonoid makes me feel weird
Apr 25, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
KorhalChild said:
Why does everyone in this anime live in the KonoSuba mansion lol

Liked this episode, made this show go from a 5 to a 7 in my opinion. Finally a generic isekai protagonist who actually feels the consequences of his actions, first time I see one saying something like "Wasn't there anything else I could do?"

oO You're right! This may be an alternate reality of kono suba where Aqua is called Sicily and isn't a bitch XD
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 25, 2019 8:14 AM

Oct 2012
Why mangaka make this isekai and no one classic shonen with a classic boy going to a school of wizards ?
Apr 25, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2016
I'm glad he actually felt something about killing Kurt this time - in the WN he doesn't care at all, and just runs straight in for the execution. He does remark that maybe he's become used to killing due to hunting animals, but this is way better. They could have improved Aug's attitude while they were at it though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2019 9:51 AM
Oct 2018
He (MC) just killed a "human", and the others just act like he killed a mosquito. WTF. Is there no "consequences" thingie in this isekai?
Bingki-sanApr 25, 2019 9:54 AM
Apr 25, 2019 10:37 AM

Aug 2018
Holy crap, this episode was dope !

Kurt's transformation really had style, that was truly evil surrounding him. And his former teacher, ah, this guy really reminds me of Illidan Stormrage, I like his design.

And of course the fight Kurt vs Shin... ah that was short but intense, and this Sword he "summoned", I did not expect it.
Apr 25, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2018
So Kurt wasn't always the mean guy when he was in middle school, it was only after he met that sinister Schtrom that he became an asshole......too bad for him, but then again he deserve it.
Apr 25, 2019 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
giorgos1313 said:
Why mangaka make this isekai and no one classic shonen with a classic boy going to a school of wizards ?
His scientific knowledge from another world is what makes his magic so overwhelming and serves mostly as an explanation as to why he is so overpowered. Most people in that world will accept his strength as simply being because he is "the grandson" of the two greatest wizards that kingdom has produced. For the reader/viewer his origins serve as an explanation for what he's capable of, but this is really more of a magical school story.

Note that Shin is not using the other advantages that would come from 30 odd years experience in another world. He is politically naive, relates to the girls in his surroundings like the typical Japanese anime teenage male, and generally just goes with the flow (you'll note that August actually comes up with some of the ideas that push the plot forward, which augurs well for the future of the kingdom). My expectations for Isekai mc's is that they consciously use their knowledge to advance politically and build their harem. (No harem here though as it is more of a straight up romance without a lot of relationship drama.)

rodacApr 25, 2019 12:39 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 25, 2019 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was creepy. Kurt's family might be a problem for Shin in future episodes.
Apr 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2017
Bingki-san said:
He (MC) just killed a "human", and the others just act like he killed a mosquito. WTF. Is there no "consequences" thingie in this isekai?

Not a human. A former human now turned into a demonoid. Their Kingdom suffered lots of casualties and had almost been wiped out by a demonoid in the past had not Merlin and Melida saved them.

Therefore, they know the huge threat that demonoids poses, and felt super relieved that the grandson of Merlin helped save them again from a potentially country-destroying demonoid( Though from Shin's words it is implied that the past demonoid Merlin fought was way stronger ).

Apr 25, 2019 5:04 PM
Oct 2018
Ehurvaks said:
Bingki-san said:

Not a human. A former human now turned into a demonoid. Their Kingdom suffered lots of casualties and had almost been wiped out by a demonoid in the past had not Merlin and Melida saved them.

Therefore, they know the huge threat that demonoids poses, and felt super relieved that the grandson of Merlin helped save them again from a potentially country-destroying demonoid( Though from Shin's words it is implied that the past demonoid Merlin fought was way stronger ).
He was a human, afterall. Physically he's still human, he has parents, a family. I know it's not wrong to kill that guy. But, the others reaction just too inhumane, abnormal, you call it.
Bingki-sanApr 25, 2019 5:12 PM
Apr 25, 2019 5:30 PM

Nov 2017
Bingki-san said:
Ehurvaks said:

He was a human, afterall. Physically he's still human, he has parents, a family. I know it's not wrong to kill that guy. But, the others reaction just too inhumane, abnormal, you call it.

"Was" a human. Honestly, at this point the only ones who would feel sad for Kurt's demonification and death would be his parents and immediate family, as Aug and the others were just his classmates in middle school and not even close friends.

While the guards, are military men, and had more concerns for protecting the lives of citizens from demons than caring for a demonoid whose background story is of no priority for them in their line of work.

Apr 25, 2019 5:50 PM
Feb 2009
rip kurt he got slayed
Apr 25, 2019 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Holy ...! I never expected this anime to end like this, damn...
I kinda feel bad for that guy, i thought he would be saved but damn, he was used by that mage.

What an episode!

Gotta love August hahaha he is constantly making all situations better xD what a best friend! hahah
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 25, 2019 7:53 PM
Jun 2017
Kurt becoming a demonoid... and in this episode it inttoduced the main villain in this seires.

Hmm.. lets see where this will be going
Apr 25, 2019 8:05 PM
Jan 2019
Kurt got Shinjied in the end.
Apr 25, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2017
The next episode's preview in GIF image, as well as the synopsis, has been revealed at the official site here : http://kenja-no-mago.jp/story/?mode=story4

LOL Mob female characters look so cute, star-eyed Maria also seems very cute XD

Apr 25, 2019 10:08 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, i totally didn't expect an ending like this, he actually killed Kurt, better die now instead of doing shit futurelly, and was kinda satisfying to see! And lthe fight aniamtions was cool!

Was expecting more dramatic reaction from Shin's classmates after in front of an beheaded corpse!

I wonder if Shin's classmates are okay after Shin telling them they were in the way if they stayed to fight against demonoid!

And and wonderfull episode with Sicily cute reaction and expression, with a lot fo adorable blushings, their romantic interactions with Shin are just perfect!

I love when August tease Shin creating the best situations!
Apr 25, 2019 10:44 PM

Jul 2015
Anyone who follows 3-episode rule will not regret it now.
I'll agree, that 1st episode made really bad impression, but now it is complete 180.

I feel sorry for Kurt. Turns out his vile personality was result of him being brainwashed by blindfold guy and it wasn't his real one.
Sucks on his parents, who did not figured out that blindfold guy was messing with his son.

Apr 26, 2019 2:23 AM

Mar 2014
Honestly Sicily is starting to become annoying for me. At first I didn't really mind but her being overly whiny is starting to become annoying, especially so when Shin just stated that everyone should leave as they're in the way and she's all like "but we can't leave Shin!" and had to be dragged away. Thankfully the prince isn't like that and understands the situation (even though he isn't happy that he can't do anything to help which is understandable) and orders everyone to leave.
Apr 26, 2019 3:42 AM
Mar 2015
Yo that fight scene was epic, I'm a real sucker for anime with an OP protagonist .
Apr 26, 2019 4:29 AM

Oct 2008
Well it escalated a bit!
damn! orange haired girl has the biggest boobs of them all i wanna have her own h-doujin if only i could request! btw her name is "Yuri Carlton" GUEHUEHUE!!
4/5.

Apr 26, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
'That guy might be bad'. Next scene is the bad guy showing he's bad. Irrelevant dialogue all along and a surprisingly good battle scene, now I know why they rushing through everything and the show looks stiff during most of the episode, they saving it all for the battle scenes.

Basically quickly skip through the entire episode until the fight, since I can sum it in 3 sentences: They form a 'study' group, they present the antagonist and fight scene.

Might keep quick watching to see where it ends because the quality of the fighting scene was surprising comparing how bad the rest of the show is.
Apr 26, 2019 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
Hakan3369 said:
I think this will be my "I expected it to be horseshit but it was actually kinda decent" anime show of the season.

Exactly what I was thinking lol
Apr 27, 2019 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Schtrom is officially my favorite character even though he manipulated Kurt and is the main reason he's dead.

The ending was pretty stupid, tbh. Yeah, Kurt was a bad guy and turned into a demonoid but them celebrating was pretty fucking stupid. The atmosphere was trying to be serious and comedic at the same time and I couldn't take it seriously.

I am still enjoying it, it has a lot of misses when it comes with comedy. The comedic elements can be trite but the second episode was more enjoyable than this one. I hope the upcoming episodes will be more fun to watch. I like it but I don't love it.
臭い-
Apr 27, 2019 6:15 PM
Jun 2016
I took the hardest right turn possible when that blood came gushing and you realized he was actually dead. But then it came back to playing it off as a joke, that was a good chance to actually make this into something special, but I guess it was just shock value. The only reason the guy died is so that protagonist kun can look real grim and edgy telling his buddies in a future episode that taking someone's like leaves a mark on you and shit like that. Tldr: for a second the show almost became good, but it decided to continue being shit.
Apr 28, 2019 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
huh i dont remember murder being in the cliche isekai list
Apr 28, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2013
I was 100% expecting some sort of Deux ex Machina plot device that allowed Shin to save Kurt and bring him back to normal resulting in a happy ending for all. So I was caught off guard when that didn't happen, in a good way though.

Though I didn't completely enjoy how things played out afterwards. Some shock from everyone who just witnessed a brutal beheading would have been nice, maybe even temporarily being uneasy around Shin as well. Also Kurt apparently was a decent enough guy before he was manipulated so the lack of remorse for his death seemed a bit out of place.
Apr 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Dec 2016
Kurt the Cuck has been defeated, get that bitch outta my sight, it is interesting to me though that Shin actually seemed mentally effected by it so it would be cool if they delved deeper into those feelings too
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 30, 2019 4:17 PM
Aug 2018
worst isekai ever made
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

84 by FaiziTheGreat »»
Sep 21, 1:33 PM

» Why is this Anime ranked soooo bad?

nitneuq333 - May 18, 2021

48 by Mashadaar »»
Jun 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.